Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
OfflineAbominableShaman
AbominableShamanable
Male

Loc: Alaska
Re: I fucking despise Christianity [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8340898 - 04/29/08 03:27 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I think Christianity may have been more 'innocent' and worthy of listening to (morally speaking only) back in the good ole' days but its turned into nothing less then a business.

There is big money in faith...

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #8340904 - 04/29/08 03:29 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Wow, can you say straw man argument??
Nice side step and attack on my charactor.

But I did notice.
I just clarified my position. God dammit.
Did you even read what I just said.
I have not seen them.
No. Never have I seen a Christian help the poor in any way whatsoever IRL. And I live in a very liberal area of western Canada.

I know it happens. I just view this different;y then you do philosophically. I don`t need the promise of a reward to do good works, I do them because I believe they are important.

And I have read, and understand many concepts in philosophy. I also happen to be a huge fan of the philosopher Spinoza. Those are the reasons I do good things. And I don`t need god to be a good person.
I am a kind and loving person all on my own.

Ever since I was a child I was caring for hurt/sick animals, and helping mentally retarded people, and the disabled. That's part of my personality.

And when I take tests to determine my best career, I come up with Artistic/Science tied(usually) followed by humanitarian.

A fair assessment of where my feelings and desires lie I would say.....

I am far to high for this discussion though. Typing is literally becoming a chore.

So goodbye people. Maybe I will continue this in the morning.

Until next time.
Enjoy your moments alive.
Don't waste them.
But remember to enjoy yourself, and live by your own beliefs.

After all, it's your life, and one day you will die.

Existentialism makes sense.
So enjoy your body. And your time on this earth. :earth::thumbup::snowman::bigweed::craven:

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: I fucking despise Christianity [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #8340909 - 04/29/08 03:32 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

It's not a straw man argument to attack something you actually said.

I'm not trying to argue with your entire personal philosophy or world-view.

I was just calling attention to a statement you made that I don't even think you consider to be true.

I completely respect your right to voice your own opinion whether I agree with it or not, but I won't hesitate to speak up if I what I think you're saying is wrong.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#8340923 - 04/29/08 03:46 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

What I said wasn't wrong. And it was leading to a straw man argument most likely. Instead of asking for clarification, you asked a question in a clever way, at one point you said ``so you don't think any Christians help poor people``
I could have said no. To mean I don`t see it. Many people would perceive that as me saying I don`t think any of them do.

Maybe not a straw man argument exactly, but I *thought you we`re heading in that direction.

Anyway, I'm not retarded. Of course they do. I am complaining about the FACT that I see so many people talking shit about gays, etc, focusing on the bad aspects of that religion, and yet doing nothing to help the poor.

Well WTF' I thought Jesus helped the poor.
A statement that also clarifies my utter disgust over the way these people(Christians I am thinking of, and not all
of them) is one I made earlier.

Oh, you drove your SUV to church but the personal drug use that I indulge in within my own home is of your concern, well you seem to have morality all figured out then huh...

The average westerner being a Christian is a joke all on it`s own. Well not really, but here is my point.

Gluttony.
Sloth.

You show me examples that prove 80% average Christians that happen to live in the western world wouldn't at least somewhat loosely be the people that would fall under the definition of someone committing those sins.

Driving a car alone, would anger Jesus.
And good, why not, that makes sense on some level.

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (04/29/08 03:49 AM)

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF Flag
Re: I fucking despise Christianity [Re: pong]
    #8340957 - 04/29/08 04:43 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

pong said:
Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:
I hate Islam as well. Judaism isn't as fun to hate. Buddhism and other Eastern religions are more palatable.

why?

why would you not make fun of the religion (judaism) that christianity is derived from?

you sir are retarted.

Please tell me your spelling is intentionally ironic.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
    #8341183 - 04/29/08 08:31 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocybeingzz said:
No, no, no.

WRONG.

I said I have not seen one. And I don't ever.
Even my so called Christian friends are too busy with their lives, or facebook, or some bullshit.

But they will point out that you shouldn't question their beleifs.

Excellent, how philosophical!!

So you can put that in your pipe and smoke it.
As for saying stupid/ridiculous things I seem to rememeber you tossing around the word nigger earlier in a way that made you come across as being quite stupid.

I joke around and say silly things sometimes, but I think it would be hard for you to find tons of people here that truly think I am stupid.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2006/12/who_gives_to_charity.html

it's an article written based off a book. you probably don't see any charity being done/given because you probably live in an area where no one does it.

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I fucking despise Christianity [Re: Syle]
    #8341235 - 04/29/08 08:59 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I just want to add my +1 against people who like to tell other people what is right and wrong. Morality is much more complex than that.

--------------------

Discuss Politics

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

Re: I fucking despise Christianity [Re: Syle]
    #8341243 - 04/29/08 09:04 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

His area is full of church organized outreach programs of food/clothes/money giving, hospital/old folks home visitng, womens' shelters, medical research fundraising and many other extra care programs... I know this because my mom lives in his area and she is heavily involed with/helps organize many of those things. His comment that church folk do little or nothing to help the poor is 100% empty, especially for the area in which he lives, which is full of extra care programs. If it isn't just chip-on-the-shoulder talk, then it's a very sheltered and false assumption.

Edited by Disco Cat (04/29/08 09:20 AM)

Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: IL/MO/FL/TX/HI/OR
Re: I fucking despise Christianity [Re: Disco Cat]
    #8341540 - 04/29/08 10:56 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i know i said no more, but i cant stop.

this clip was delivered to me, and i watched it when i woke up.

i dont know if it was solely for me, but it just seems to fit this whole thread so appropriately. im not going to puff up this clip anymore, you can watch it if you want. but just so you know, there are Christians out there who arent like the typical "Christian"

ive already said to much

watch it if you want. and i pray that you do!

<embed src="https://proxy.mind-media.com/proxy.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fgodtube.com%2Fflvplaye%3Cwbr%3Er.swf" FlashVars="viewkey=19fd9c84c942a08316e0" wmode="transparent" quality="high" width="330" height="270" name="godtube" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /></embed>
....durhhhh i dont know how to use computers
http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=19fd9c84c942a08316e0

aloha
peacelove, Just Me

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

"The Downfall of Mankind; is Believing He Has Limitations."

Edited by just me (04/29/08 11:00 AM)

Invisiblepong
kretan
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: west coast
    #8342577 - 04/29/08 04:16 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocybeingzz said:
Wow, can you say straw man argument??
Nice side step and attack on my charactor.

But I did notice.
I just clarified my position. God dammit.
Did you even read what I just said.
I have not seen them.
No. Never have I seen a Christian help the poor in any way whatsoever IRL. And I live in a very liberal area of western Canada.

I know it happens. I just view this different;y then you do philosophically. I don`t need the promise of a reward to do good works, I do them because I believe they are important.

And I have read, and understand many concepts in philosophy. I also happen to be a huge fan of the philosopher Spinoza. Those are the reasons I do good things. And I don`t need god to be a good person.
I am a kind and loving person all on my own.

Ever since I was a child I was caring for hurt/sick animals, and helping mentally retarded people, and the disabled. That's part of my personality.

And when I take tests to determine my best career, I come up with Artistic/Science tied(usually) followed by humanitarian.

A fair assessment of where my feelings and desires lie I would say.....

I am far to high for this discussion though. Typing is literally becoming a chore.

So goodbye people. Maybe I will continue this in the morning.

Until next time.
Enjoy your moments alive.
Don't waste them.
But remember to enjoy yourself, and live by your own beliefs.

After all, it's your life, and one day you will die.

Existentialism makes sense.
So enjoy your body. And your time on this earth. :earth::thumbup::snowman::bigweed::craven:

existentialism makes sense sure. but it also used to make sense that the world was flat. 

not having knowledge of something does not deny its existence. jeez

Christianity is also not based on a promise of rewards for good deeds.  Jesus the main character in this story was killed for his good deeds.

you by helping people and loving them are doing unto them as you would have done onto you.  another main idea of Christianity.

you also expect no reward, then you are following the path of jesus whether you believe in god or not.

dont bash something then say that you basically agree with it that is just dumb.

--------------------

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

#8343163 - 04/29/08 06:51 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Disco Cat said:
His area is full of church organized outreach programs of food/clothes/money giving, hospital/old folks home visitng, womens' shelters, medical research fundraising and many other extra care programs... I know this because my mom lives in his area and she is heavily involed with/helps organize many of those things. His comment that church folk do little or nothing to help the poor is 100% empty, especially for the area in which he lives, which is full of extra care programs. If it isn't just chip-on-the-shoulder talk, then it's a very sheltered and false assumption.

i am thinking it's chip-on-the shoulder talk. his comments are just undertone-d/laced with anger.

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#8343267 - 04/29/08 07:14 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Wtf......
A chip on my shoulder? No. Not a chance.

So because among the Christians I associate with no one is doing charity work I am wrong.

How the hell can you tell me you know?

Your mom has nothing to do with the people I know.

And here's a question, why do charity at all?
What's the motivation?
Is it for god?
Or for humanity?

For reward, or because it's kind to help people, and doing what's right has it's own intrinsic value?

I choose the latter.

--------------------

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

#8343357 - 04/29/08 07:39 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i so it to get laid. toothless hobo bitches give great head.

--------------------

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

Loc: Denver Colorado
    #8344455 - 04/29/08 11:23 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Both, for me at least. I understand all of your hatred towards institutionalized Christianity, trust me I know.

Chris Rock once asked, "Who's more racist, black people or white people. Black people. Cuz what white people hate about black people, black people REALLY hate about black people". Trust me, I feel your pain. And I could go on for a year and two halves here, but I'll throw this out for you all here and then wait to respond, so I'll sum it up like this.

"It does no good, it is in fact, the height of delusion, to cling to a name, no matter what that name may be, Jesus, Allah, Buddah, whatever, it does no good to cling to that name while denying the light of the life that your chosen name represents to live inside you and express itself to others in love".

I am a Christian. I am proud of that. I am NOT proud of what has been and is being done in the name of Yeshua. But instead of hating on those who fall short, I just try to do my best to make sure that I'm doing my best to not be a hypocrite, and love on others in deed and not words.

My .02.

--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

InvisibleBrain Fart
Mushroom Nerd
 User Gallery

Loc: Your Mom Flag
Re: I fucking despise Christianity [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8344505 - 04/29/08 11:33 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I got stopped by a Christian guy as i was trying to waste time waiting for a bag. He handed me a bible and started rambling to me about his nosnense that they say.

Anyway, since my dad is kinda christiany, I stopped and heard what he ahd to say and just kep ending his sentences for him like I knew what he was saying and he was obviously impressed..

Then at the end when he felt all good that he influenced one life and helped spread christianity, when he told me he'd keep me in his prayers, I destroyed his look of satisfaction on his face by pronouncing to him that it would be a waste of time because god doesn't exist, then I walked outside and lit up a cigarette and walked off, only turning around again to look back upon his still shocked face and give him a thumbs up. :lol:

Edit: whattheheck, you are fucking tight bro. I wish more peple would step up to hte plate and just do a little bit more on their part to promote what they boast. You obviously make it count where you can without being a retarded dumbass religious zealot. Props

--------------------

Edited by Brain Fart (04/29/08 11:35 PM)

Invisibleem_bre_O
shroomery'sEmbryoticAsshole
 User Gallery

Loc: In the stages of develope...
Re: I fucking despise Christianity [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #8344583 - 04/29/08 11:54 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:
Judaism isn't as fun to hate.

the fuck it isn't jewbag!

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: I fucking despise Christianity [Re: em_bre_O]
    #8344593 - 04/29/08 11:57 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

:rofl:

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF Flag
Re: I fucking despise Christianity [Re: em_bre_O]
    #8344965 - 04/30/08 03:52 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

em_bre_O said:
Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:
Judaism isn't as fun to hate.

the fuck it isn't jewbag!

Point taken

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Offlinemisterdogman
Educationalresearcher ofthe Shroom
Male

Loc: International Waters in a...
Re: I fucking despise Christianity [Re: GnuBobo]
    #8345813 - 04/30/08 12:28 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

GnuBobo said:
Quote:

misterdogman said:
Quote:

GnuBobo said:
Quote:

misterdogman said:
Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:
If you feel the same way please sign in here and let me know why.

Cool, I am glad and impressed. Really, it is good you can form your own decisions whether they are right or wrong it is your own and personal choice to decide that.

But, unless this site turns into a bash fest of hate and an expression of what we all despise maybe some things are better kept to ourselves and left out of typical conversation because Im sure anyone who dont hate or despise Christianity, or GOD FORBID the people who actually support Christianity hate and despise you and your type just as mutually.

Nobody needs to be bereated for what they believe, even you deserve to believe to not like something and disbelieve what you choose. But nobody has a right to take away someone elses right to believe what they want and the opposite thread of a Christian posting they hate atheists or non believers would start a whole thread of hate.

So maybe its time to grow up believe what you want and let it go, while others believe what they want too because hating and undermining in public is not only childish but disrespectful and unfair to whoever the argument is against.

Why not respect everyones choice to believe what they want and leave it at that because this whole post really has nothing to offer besides negativity and more arguments about ones choice to believe or deny a supreme creator and that just an attempt to start another endless debate.

Give up the hate, believe what you want, and wind up where you believe youll go when you die because the disrespect and arguing over things nobody can really prove or have a good argument for just causes grief, hate and dismay which gets us nowhere.

So maybe we should all agree to believe what we want on our own time and keep the BB out of it, to preserve everyones right to do so.

Although I completely disagree with you, if you can't fucking express yourself with a level around 6th-grade grammar, one immediately questions the validity of said idiot's (you, in this case) opinion.

What the fuck are you talking about, 6th grade grammar? What does that have to do with my post and what do you disagree with, ??? The fact that dissing on others beliefs will get you nowhere or that we all have a right to believe what we want??? or was it maybe that we should keep it to ourselves and leave it alone unless we want an endless debate.

Dont disagree with something and not reveal what it is dumbass, thats just asking to be called out because your just trying to start a fight over nothing...

I didnt even type anything to disagree with, it was more of a statement about everyone having the ability and right to believe what they want and being intolerant will get you nowhere. So again WTF are you talking about and disagreeing with?

Or do you just have to find something to disagree with to feel good about yourself and start an arguement about nothing other than someone elses right to believe what they want without being hated? You need to be more specific and grow up a little because I was in no way saying anything to agree with or disagree with.

I was saying GIVE it up... nobosy could possibly win an argument or prove whos right or wrong with hate. especially regarding religion and atheism. Why do people insist on aruging these points when it is just another endless debate filled with dumbasses like you who dont even know what the are arguing about???

I was only saying express yourself like you made it through Junior High on a Hope and a Prayer. 

Damn.  You're a fucking idiot of a shithead, aren't you?  Made a baby of late?  Generally, that is what dumbfucks do: Pregnancy, a child, utter failure in the household environment. 

Way to go, asshole.  :handth:  You're a model for how every kid should grow up.

you really make no sense, I dont even understand where your argumen is coming from, if you re-read my post there was nothing against anyone, it was actually trying to leave a positive note and ointing out hate will get you no where, etc.

So what ever the your saying and talking about pregnancy and school and shit has nothing to do with anything because that is all shit you know nothing about. Another cock bite under assumption it seems.

--------------------
While driving my overpowered car around tight corners like a maniac all my friends yell out. Hey man slow down, we might Wreck. I reply, Shut up, I drive like Dale Earnhardt. They all look around at each other and laugh. Then one asks me. Hey wait, isnt he dead? Well yeah he is I said. Then I drive like Junior I mumble, while I promptly slow down.
"Everyday is opposite day. Everything I say is opposite of what you think I am saying. So if I say something and you think I mean one thing it is the opposite of what I am really trying to say. I actually mean another thing other than what you are thinking I am saying. Get it? Good because that's what I meant".
"You may defeat me, you may even destroy me, But you will never CONQUER me"!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds