Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
Re: anyone been to a christian rock concert? [Re: Jenny]
    #6130355 -

Ok good ideas...

Your second idea is great, because the first one is just hope , AND siversoul's idea awsome, now to form the black ops team.
But..
I'm canadian, so natually I will abstain from the fighting. :smile:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone been to a christian rock concert? [Re: Asante]
    #6130360 -

Are you implying there is no "other guy" that was running for Prez in the last couple elections?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone been to a christian rock concert? [Re: Redstorm]
    #6130364 -

Badnar-Who-ik?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone been to a christian rock concert? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #6130367 -

"anarchists, socialists"

Not all anarchists and socialists are crazy.
And regardless of them, I sure dont like what we have, corporatism.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone been to a christian rock concert? [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #6130369 -

Seriously, every canadian shroomerite I have met, has seriously kicked ass, and I've met at least 50 of them. Ok, so one or two were a little strange, but the gist was, they were awesome!


--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone been to a christian rock concert? [Re: Redstorm]
    #6130374 -

I'm implying its half past five in the morning again :wink:

It was a flippant comment, guilty as charged :laugh:


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone been to a christian rock concert? [Re: Jenny]
    #6130381 -

Jenny said:
Seriously, every canadian shroomerite I have met, has seriously kicked ass, and I've met at least 50 of them. Ok, so one or two were a little strange, but the gist was, they were awesome!



I would say the same for Shroomerites in general.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone been to a christian rock concert? [Re: Silversoul]
    #6130393 -

agreed. Canadians are cool. Shroomerites are cool. Canadian shroomerites are cool.


--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone been to a christian rock concert? [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #6130394 -

Psilocybeingzz said:
"anarchists, socialists"

Not all anarchists and socialists are crazy.



Correct. And not all religious people are crazy either.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone been to a christian rock concert? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #6130438 -

Indeed.

The way I see it 2 things are really moral.
2 ideas.
Dont hurt others.
And
Hurt the planet, as little as possible.

If you take dont hurt other to mean a whole spectrum of negative actions from mistreatment to abuse, then those 2 idea are pretty solid I think.

And everything else, is just mud we fucking trap ourselves in, but what do I know, I'm high.
:bongload:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone been to a christian rock concert? [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #6130447 -

Psilocybeingzz said:
what do I know, I'm high.
:bongload:



Changing the world one potato chip at a time I see.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone been to a christian rock concert? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #6130455 -

I got these Mike Sells old fashioned potato chips, they are AMAZING. if youre going to eat potato chips, do it right :laugh:


--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone been to a christian rock concert? [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #6130466 -

Psilocybeingzz said:
"we should not be exclusive like the christians, and show we are better people by being open and accepting of all religions, no matter how much we know that they cause war and hate."

I agree, and what should we do about religous people that literally go out and CAUSE war, because of hate?  :smile:

:bongload:



You agree with his statement, and yet you've demonstrated through action that you disagree with it.

The quote that you agree with is advocating acceptance of religions... and in your other posts you're clearly capitalizing on every opportunity to whine about how every member of a given religion is inferior to you due to the actions of a small radical subsection of the religion.

You don't agree with what he said you're just trying to rant about how you hate the religion. The things you've said are no more true than saying that jews are miserly misanthropes or saying that black people all smoke crack and rob liquor stores. The similarity being that all such statements are the incorrect generalizations formed by a mind either too stupid or too indifferent to worry about what the actual truth is.


--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone been to a christian rock concert? [Re: Konnrade]
    #6130735 -

Quote:
The quote that you agree with is advocating acceptance of religions... and in your other posts you're clearly capitalizing on every opportunity to whine about how every member of a given religion is inferior to you due to the actions of a small radical subsection of the religion.




Thats simply not true.

YOU are blinded by what I can only assume is a religous bias, maybe you are afraid I am attacking religon, I am not, I dislike certain aspects of all sorts of things, religon is one of those things that I sometimes have problemns with, to blindly accept all of these problems would be foolish indeed.

So I can state, as I have, my opinion, and if you dont like it you can disagree, but please come up with something better then that, I am not mean, and I dont whine.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone been to a christian rock concert? [Re: Konnrade]
    #6130743 -

Oh, and the rabbi in my sig doesnt belong to a religon right???
Casuse I hate religon, I'm stalin or something??? :lol:

And..
Why dont I "bitch" about buddhists? :laugh:



--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (10/03/06 10:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone been to a christian rock concert? [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #6131049 -

You're fully welcome to criticize the content of religions. You have every right to do so and it's expected of you to be skeptical of them. Even members of religion are expected to question themselves and their religion from time to time, it encourages rational thought.

However, when you cross the line and start projecting your dislikes of the religion onto it's followers, then you cease to have any logical ground to stand on, and are acting solely out of prejudice and ignorance.

You were discussing people who start wars in the name of religion. Do you know what leads people to do that? They get so convinced of how right they are that they stop questioning themselves and do things that are wrong, without stopping to think that they could possibly be incorrect.

It's entirely possible for someone who's against religion to make mistakes equally as heinous for the exact same reasons. It's quite common for someone to grow so confident that they are right about their claims against religion or against one specific religion that they start to assume that whatever prejudices they have against it's members must be right as well. And then they do stupid things, hateful things, things that they cannot possibly defend because fact and reason both stand blatantly opposed to their ideas.

You're welcome to say what you want about the religion, but no man is capable of understanding every person who follows a religion, and any man arrogant enough to think otherwise is a fool. Do not speak ill of all christians and think that "they're all the same", that's one of the most assanine mistakes a man can make.

Do not presume to judge your peers. It's only possible to look down on another man if you lift yourself up on a high horse to do so.

If you only intend to criticize the ideas of the religion, feel free. But do not presume to start looking down your nose at your fellow men who follow the religion, or you become equally as disgusting as the people out there who give you such a bad impression of the religion.

I shouldn't have to come up with evidence of why prejudice is wrong. The reasons why have been shown to you countless times allready in the course of your entire lifetime.

*edit*

Also, please note that this thread was not meant to be a place to assault the religion. It was asking about christian rock. Discussions about things related to religion are not an invitation to step in and assume that everyone wants you to talk about what you hate about the religion. I'm as guilty as you for perpetuating it with responses, but I'm a bit too passionate about my hatred of prejudice, and it got the better of me. This was not the place for this nonsense.


--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Edited by Konnrade (10/04/06 12:55 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* LiveEarth: Gore announces multi continent rock concert
( 1 2 all )
deadHead321 3,457 21 02/15/07 10:48 PM
by Boom
* rock concert binge PurpleKush 1,203 9 11/30/06 11:45 AM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* Rock concert drug stories! livetoride007 2,454 6 03/04/03 02:42 PM
by Chills420 version2
* Blue Man Group: Rock Concert Schwip 517 3 08/10/06 10:09 PM
by ToTheSummit
* Nine Inch Nails concert pictures Cubieman420 2,529 19 02/20/06 09:14 PM
by Sweet_E
* Going to a concert tonight! Spooge 669 5 01/17/06 04:55 PM
by bent
* How do you enjoy a concert? Digs 756 9 06/30/04 04:59 PM
by funkymonk
* First Dark Star Ochestra Concert! LthirdSeyeD 2,090 14 11/08/04 08:29 PM
by daimyo

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
14,532 topic views. 4 members, 162 guests and 146 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 15 queries.