Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
appeal for a mystical society,
    #1381189 - 03/16/03 11:55 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

since i was a young boy i toyed with the idea of creating a new nation right here in our midst. an exclusive society that shall include any person who is willing to abbandon misconceptions of their present reality and begin a quest for understanding of themselves among those who do the same in an environment where compassion and mutual respect is key. to menteur the young not to beleive things you beleive, but show them how to find their own pure light.
a place where people can feel again.
where heirarchy is in place mearly for record keeping and organization of communications and functions.

phase one would be a slowly spreading secretive society with a public face veiled in a mystical haze.
so that people can see it and perhaps, if they are interested enough and recognize the significance of it (and by now i assume MOST of us in this S+P CAN recognize this "significance" by its very presence)
and then seek out connection with it, eventually joining the fold of comradery which im sure could be a fulfilling life-long kinship.
there would be bracnhes of activities, amazing costumes, events, forming traditions based on humanitarism, events could be held in parks, public places, there would be a veil or mystery as well as an openness to interest.

the goal? people KNOW their is something important all around us. they are afraid to admit it, society doesnt accept people who see things differently.
BUT EVRYONE DOES!!!
so the cage is visable. fear.

as long as society lives a lie we are all slaves. none of us free to be ourselves, to open ourselves up to our brothers and sisters out of fear of discomunication.
when being yourself becomes criminial......
then being a criminal is unavoidable.
we are people, imperfect perfection.
we exist to experience existance.
we experience by learing, we exist to others by sharing.
we seek not to know evrything.
we seek rather to learn anything
through this rebirth, this new civilization, new ideas, new beautiful art, new culture will arize.
people will fear it, people will try to stop it.
it will never become a dictatorship. lead by a network sages who are respected and have no controling power. only REAL power, the love of their fellows who admire them and one day will replace them.

and by the way, im not being hypothetical. im being dead serious.
evrything looks small and impossible when it starts.
even the universe itself. (most of all...and least)
rank is determined by ones ability to make good desisions.
not ones family or the power or ones charisma and influence.
character is not to be judged by others who misjudge themselves. ones zeal for the values that are the highest will be self evidant in their actions to all, it wll be in their spirit in a way all can see. their eyes will share their wisdom.
if it doesnt work, at least i tried. but i have a strong feeling (and by now i assume the people of S+P KNOW this feeling) that it is important that i DO try.

but i dont wish to begin alone.
is there anyone here who for recognition of the above information stated wishes to give themselves spiritually, their knowlage, and urge to learn to this cause, which will if nothing else DEFINATELY give them back ANYTHING they give it?
if so say here or PM me, we will get in touch.
feel free to ask questions or offer critisism.
there is information and history to share reguarding this.

Edited by Mitchnast (03/17/03 02:54 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
Re: appeal for a mystical society, [Re: Mitchnast]
    #1381251 - 03/16/03 12:15 PM (21 years, 17 days ago)

That sounds vey cool! And you actually sound serious.
I think it would be best to start slow-START- indeed though and see how dedicated we are.
This thought has been on my mind alot lately.

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
    #1381260 - 03/16/03 12:19 PM (21 years, 17 days ago)

Where do I sign?

Oh yes, my heart.......

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: appeal for a mystical society, [Re: shaggy101]
    #1381296 - 03/16/03 12:36 PM (21 years, 17 days ago)

ive started it twice before in all the wrong circles for the wrong reasons.
for me, ironically enough my fungal experience has helped formulate some GOOD reasons.
first time it wents as far as having sections active in nova scotia, arizona, and british colombia similaneously.
but ummm, there was really n structure so it fizzled out.
the second time may have succeeded if i wasnt so buisy.

i thought here would be a good place to start because we have good communication and are fairly spread out, iwas thinking writing up a doctrine with the help of concordant bodies here that would act as a sort of flexable constitution. a declaration of existance.
from there maybe a few small jurisdictions can grow slowly conducting themselves in a decent way, then in a few years perhaps  a gathering, after seeing ourselves all together and sharing new ideas, participating in contests (like maybe a deul or to, music, hackey-sacks.
whatever we want to do to be social while were together. (mushrooms allowed)
of course we would have some serious full-costume traditional activities too, you know, the cool stuff :smile:
and then finish of the night with a big BBQ.
then go back to our regular lives.
we could grow as a group and as individuals.
become giants. (figuratively of course) :wink:
evry so often a new chapter could open  where a member in very good standing could ascend to a sage position  and handle the jurisdiction reporting back to the central committe of all other jurisdictions :smile:
its an age where communication is easy.
for important matters that require secrecy, ive written up a script, it does not follow any traditional countries writing, its like a cross between cuniform and japanese, you can learn it fluently in 20 minutes, but withought guidance you cant even figure out what it is.
ill post a pic later on of some costume ideas and writing.

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #1381332 - 03/16/03 12:54 PM (21 years, 17 days ago)

Hello my name is shaggy101 and I am Alive! :grin:

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: appeal for a mystical society, [Re: shaggy101]
    #1381355 - 03/16/03 01:03 PM (21 years, 17 days ago)

is that your declaration of existance?
another idea i had was that within the confines of the society you may name yourself. it will be the name your peers will call you, and how you will be recorded in history,
its the whole notion of choosing yourself.
nobody is expected to conform, providing they carry with them a sincere philanthropic and honest persona.
it would not be our intention to force people to think that was, but rather a predesposition that its obvious that people have a responsibility to be the best examples of huanity they can be and nothing more. (unless they WANT to sincerely and doubtlessly. which indeed would take time and work)

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #1381480 - 03/16/03 01:51 PM (21 years, 17 days ago)

sounds like you really got a plan there, well count me out. Here are my reasons:

since i was a young boy i toyed with the idea of creating a new nation right here in our midst
First thing to realize is that nationalism is a primary source of conflict on earth. Creating a new nation will not solve anything, but rather create more boundries between people.

an exclusive society...
Nothing works beter than the US and THEM idealogy to unite people.

in an environment where compassion and mutual reapect is key. to menteur the young not to beleive things you beleive, but show them how to find their own pure light.
Ok I dig that, don't see why we need a society or a nation though. Any parent can and should do this.

where heirarchy is in place mearly for record keeping and organization of communications and functions.
Any type of power system is subject to abuse. I'd be weary of this.

phase one would be a slowly spreading secretive society with a public face veiled in a mystical haze.
Are you starting a cult or something?

You sound like you have really good intentions but I don't think this will ever work.
If you are really serious about this like you stated you are, I highly suggest you take a look at this book before going ahead with this --> Total Freedom by J. Krishnamurti. Good luck.

Edited by chodamunky (03/16/03 01:54 PM)

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: appeal for a mystical society, [Re: chodamunky]
    #1381570 - 03/16/03 02:31 PM (21 years, 17 days ago)

i apprecieate your critisism, but as for the most critical statements, i beleive ive already explained them to a point that negates your concern. for example

"First thing to realize is that nationalism is a primary source of conflict on earth. Creating a new nation will not solve anything, but rather create more boundries between people."

the point of this society is actually more of an anti-society. pride in ones self is the only nationalism this is paramount. self-love is generally wrongly demonized (in my oppinion) understanding self is a precurser to understanding your affiliations with others. sharing the personal journey of this realization of your place cements bonds with others on a level you can apply to ALL people who have EVER lived. knowing on a deep and powerful basis that all who live are important and demand as much respect as you, but not more.

"Nothing works beter than the US and THEM idealogy to unite people. "

you must have just skimmed over the whole thing.
the point of the secrecy is NOT to hide it, but attract people who want to know things not clearly visable in their current world. there is no reason to develop an "us and them philospophy" especially since the society has the intent of becoming less and les exclusive as it gains acceptance. patience is key here, to build something worthwhile you have to work with what already is.

"Ok I dig that, don't see why we need a society or a nation though. Any parent can and should do this."

look around, they dont.

"Any type of power system is subject to abuse. I'd be weary of this. "

i was actually going to add, but thought it not nessisary, that they are aslo in place to BE weary of this

"Are you starting a cult or something?"

if this is a cult, then evry interaction between humans is a cult. nobody is expected to stay longer than they like, their is NO recruiting (beyong my request for aid in establinsing a good start) no personal estate of any person is ever expected to be given or administred to the society,
there is no rule whatsoever on what you are expected to beleive except the predisposition that you be someone who enjoys trying to find truth, which would rule out the possibility of brainwashing.
and foremost, there is no divine right or person. anyone can and inevitably will be wrong.

the underlying only power here is love. maybe thats "corny" in a cornerstone world.

if you aren't interested, thats fine. and your reasons are valid, though in my oppinion not applicable as youre using previos examples of corruption in CURRENT society as reference for mistrust.
and i am already using the SAME examples as lessons for growth.

actually, your objectiveness would be very sought after, this would be a society of leaders withought followers.
nobody would have any power over another, accept for respect FROM that other. which is entirely up to them.

see?

after growth comes the opportunity for charity, organization is important for civilization, it only serves to corrupt religeon. evryone is expected to think for themselves and not afraid of things like damnation and excommunication keeping them from being themselves.
isnt that what evryone really wants? to be truly free? even of their own prejudices and doubts/fears?
its like evry person would be a friend to you, you wonldnt NEED to know them for years to establish a relationship with them and some trust, they would support you and you them, and in time you would learn to be kind and understanding to evryone, even if that understanding meant you learn to see their darkness. even if it meant you would be in a group of peers that could see YOUR darkness.

i think most will aggree with me that the world needs love.
and this is my most thought-out and sincere attempt at a solution. im not afraid to try. and i wont let doubt stop me because i know myself. and i know what that means. and i KNOW most people dont know themselves (and i think you know this). Id like to introduce themselves.

i appreciate your support, thats what i take it as, your oppinion, honest, and it matters. thank you.

Edited by Mitchnast (03/17/03 02:57 AM)

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #1381813 - 03/16/03 04:10 PM (21 years, 17 days ago)

the more I read your posts the more I think you should REALLY check out that book I suggested in my previous reply. If everyone read that book and thought about the content (and believe me it was life transforming), your dream society would not be needed. I really am sympathetic to what yer trying to do but I still think you are going about this the wrong way with this whole secret anit-society group idea, and how pride in yourself is paramount. The US and THEM philosophy WILL come into existance. You said it yourself, people will try and stop this, and by separating yourself from the ignorant will not make them any more enlightened, or make your life any easier from their persecution.

Look at this from another perspective: what you are trying to do has already be done MANY times before. Just look at all the religions in the world who are saying "love thy neighbour" and yet wars are fought over sacred land. In my opinion, there are dark forces at work on this planet and things will get a lot worse before they get better. Your attempt at peace is couragous but futile.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: appeal for a mystical society, [Re: chodamunky]
    #1381960 - 03/16/03 05:33 PM (21 years, 17 days ago)

as for the us and them concept,
the US would consider THEM as US.
as would the us respect evrything as us.
no personificaton of god, but rather divination of the persona.
the opposite of all these things being tried before.

maybe the society I propose isnt needed,
that doesnt mean I won't follow my heart.

and maybe people will try to stop us, that doesnt mean I will dismiss them as ignorant. it just means I would do what i could inspite of them and try to exist in spite of them, sorta like we all do now.

there is no intention to separate, this is intended as a communion, separation with others is only intended as a separation for the individual from todays disposition. something which they may be longing for, and if not they are free to continue their path.

there is no sacred land any more sacred than another land.
only a sacred universe to be controlled by no-one-person
or by any-one-organzation or conglomerate.

as a society we would not recognize the control of heirarchy.
a fools dream yes, but i beleive god is a fool and we live in his dream, you can argue logic, but not my insane beleifs.

this is a society where nobody would feel the need to argue your beleifs, but discuss them and offer insight.

unrealistic maybe, but to a common realism. the point is to empower the individual.

have you never felt weak? controlled? persecuted? you OUGHT to, because you ARE. you could no more change the world than a gnat. and why would you want to? you MIGHT make something that becomes corrupt.

im not going to let that society-bestowed doubt daunt me.
i AM serious, and im getting more serious by the second.
i have NO intention of being a guru. i dont even intend to use my traceable identification, NOR do i intend to gain ANYTHING besides spiritual gratfication from this.

slow and patient is the way. war is impatience and mistrust.
and cultism is corruption and manipulation of subseriants.
---importance by connection with that which you hold important, than that which is important (being one or even many) getting some sort of superior incentive for the pretense of being somehow associated with your spiritual salvation (and often attributing that to your PHYSICAL preservation)

this society is NOT this! this society is patient and slow-growing, a philosopher/philanthropist/philocosmic-led society.

this society will not become the hare krishna, or the sri chinmoy cults of this world as this society does not come from an existing religeon or presume to be the manifestation of any or all religeons.
nor does it presume to be right.

we are always wrong, we can always err.
we KNOW this
that is why we can better ourselves, because we fundimentally KNOW ourselves as imperfect. even if certain members consider themselves perfect, they respect the society is NOT. and therefore there is no reason for wars.

if we ARE desrtoyed then we will be taken over by a society that is war-mongering, and self-destructive. then when they exhaust their reign, they will learn our lesson and we will be born again.
this is logic to me.

another thing that is logic to me that i think you should heed chodamunky, is the merrit that just because others have failed in their attempts to create a better world, that we all should stop trying because its unnessisary or unrealistic.
that sounds to me like evrything we should be against.
apathy.

heres a question i ask alot of people, and have yet to get an answer beyond "hmmm, good question"

"if national security wasnt such a POPULAR issue, would we be content with allowing those currently in power to remain so? would we (as a planet) be content with one country, one solitary microcosm of a nation? being the standard of finance? being the superpower?
being the end-all? only have to refer to the world for empathy, that perhaps they might have simmilar concerns?
or simply act without them on an individual level if they clearly and unwaiveringly do NOT?

the society i propose is unafraid of being wrong in the eyes of its people. it can be wrong, speak its mind, and if its still wrong it will listen to the people, their will never be lies handed out as there will be nothing to gain.
for this society transends borders, allows for any way of thinking to continue as it stays out of its way or supports it depending on what THAT party wishes.

and it is not limited by boarders, it shall appear in any free country. in a country that is NOT free, it shall be repressed, but it is NOT the nature of this society to interveine. but rather to assume that one day, perhaps, these other nations who persecute us will work out their own problems internally. if they never do then that is so.
if they attack us we will defend our lives. as anyone should.

evryone is equal in their hearts. and shall be treated so.

im not trying to fix the world. mearly do the best i can towards making it better in the best way i can.

if people also did that, then for evry person who did, the world would be that much better.

i purpose a world where expression and personal acheivement would replace control and personal gain.

where art would not just be great but matter. and not be seen as a thing only understandable by the important and educated few, but shared with all levels of people.

because all people as with all things are important, each level of nature feeds another, one chain-link gone, equals catacylism.

culture, love, art, these bohemian ideals are lost in todays society and its getting worse, how long do you really think we can push the threshold?

youre right of course, this idea probably wont outrun the disease that infects us all, but if it grows enough, then perhaps the survivors will learn from it.

and that is more than enough for me.

Edited by Mitchnast (03/16/03 05:43 PM)

OfflineRainZ
Stranger
Loc: Brisbane, Australia.
    #1382049 - 03/16/03 06:10 PM (21 years, 17 days ago)

I love your ideas.

Would it be anything like Nimbin in Australia?
Sounds similar to it......
Google search for Nimbin if your curious

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1382059 - 03/16/03 06:15 PM (21 years, 17 days ago)

i think you have some really good insight. like at the end of this post, the way i think of this could change, and i hope it gets better, so im going to make my response and thoughts as broad as possible (for architectural purposes  :grin: )

but one thing i have learned from watching people and this world. you cant leave them out. a lot like chodamonkey said.

Try thinking of this new place, this new world, this new way, as starting off in yourself, where all journeys begin. and let this come out, and tranform the world by your actions

i dont think its too much that society is wrong, i mean society is a word, just a filler space, we will hopefully always have a society and that IS lOvely! its just how our system works now. THE architecture SUCKS, not only physically, but mentally, and structurally.

people around the planet need to wake up and see that their system does not work, and take responsibility for the faults within it, and this is realizing that they are wrong themselves, and their ideas arent ALWAYS and sSUpremely correct. and that not to abolish, but to start their journey inside, change how they go about doing things. and this eventually will spread out to the fractal edge! and eventually transforming the whole infrastructure and mechanism of how we live on  the planet.

evolution will happen, and those too scared, unwilling to go into the unknown frontiers of a new architecture will be lost and will die off. from not being able to adapt to what SHOULD be and what is.

I dont think its a question of whether we should make an opposite to this society. that might just defeat our purpose all together. I think its more of a question of how can we change the people inside this society, to tranform the world into a complete working system.

Our goverment officials suck! our economy, and way of operation to fufill  humanities needs... SUCKS!

so in each one of us is a little piece of code, and understanding to a more efficient way of life. and if we let this GO! and take the responsibility of letting this come out and tranform the world around us we will definatly change people.

this is so paramount for our world... i mean if people were to just let what can be is than we wouldnt have to worry about all this! we would already be sitting peacefully talking with our friends, not working like slaves, living in a peacful clean environment.

everyone has their own idea or way they think the world should be tranformed, but i think thats just like everyones little piece to the whole. and if someone tries to make theres grand and make all obsolete, than youve got cancer, and you have cell division out the ass, and the worlds problems crash the entire human race. (nuclear war, disease, whatever) you can apply all of this to growing mushrooms i think... :smile:

ive seen it in my dreams, when i was on shrooms. not too long ago i realize this Journey, This need to get out and transform starts from within. Our actions will stand up for what is on the inside, and will truely test our visions of a better world.

Its a long process, and we might not finish a new cycle to see the world completely changed. But we might... and we must try, or our hopes and dreams die along with what i think to be our meaning of life. if we let our world go, we let our dreams go, if we let our dreams go, we let go of who we are. we leave ourselves to the birds.

I dont think there will ever be anything you can do in one act that will forever change the world, but realizing in yourself that you must constantly change to adapt to the world around you, that you have to meet the demands of our people and our planet.

Let the forever expanding truth be your guiding light, and  Dont Stop.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
i hope thats understandable

--------------------
What?

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
    #1385029 - 03/17/03 03:30 PM (21 years, 16 days ago)

I am with choda on this one.....

I am so against structure of any kind......

Dogma me dog.....

Krishanmurti rules......

Like I said, Sign me up and it's done in the heart. There need be no bi-laws, manifesto's or heirarchys. Live it and you will attract it. Manifest what you believe and it will either become stronger or it will crumble. You will know when you've built your house on sand .......or ROCK......

Your intentions are good but your asking for better food in jail....

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: appeal for a mystical society, [Re: upupup]
    #1386516 - 03/18/03 02:18 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Your intentions are good but your asking for better food in jail.... 

I like that. :cool:

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineEarth Shaman
Earth Lover

#1386531 - 03/18/03 02:25 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Please check your private messages, Mitchnast.  :cool: 

--------------------
Walk in Beauty,
The Green Earth Shaman

"Whatever you take from Mother Earth, replace it, because nothing is for nothing."
-Native American Proverb

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International
    #1386614 - 03/18/03 03:04 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Your ieas really interest me. I've been having a lot of the same thoughts for along time now and I've always dreamed of the society you wish to create. If you are definately serious I'd love to do anything to help. This sounds very similar to what Leary had in his mind. It's about time we brought the East to the West. One question: Would this society be a weekly meeting like you suggested, or a society where like minded individuals will spend their lives. I think in order for this to survie, you'd have t be able to operate by the worlds rules as well. We'd have to be adapt to survival in the western world, well, because, that's where we live. and existence here is almost impossible without following their rules. There would have to be some kind of income I think to support the group.

Or perhaps, a large sum of land could be bought and reserved for the group. I don't really see this as a good thing though. This would only separate us from the "real" world and people would tune us out. I don't think it should be secretive at all, more open to anyone who is willing to accept the truths.

Make this thread a sticky.

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Edited by Smoker For Peace (03/18/03 03:07 AM)

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: appeal for a mystical society, [Re: Cherk]
    #1387211 - 03/18/03 06:55 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

no land required. the idea is to have no concern for national boundries, this could arize in pockets anywhere, centrialized in evrything, essentially  the entire cosmos is the center. no borders, many cells, each forming a function, each different, grouping in guilds of simmilar beleifs, each with a representitive to the circle of their local jurisdiction, each jusrisdiction connected by the acting sage who through his or her acts and wisdom, and experience as a center, earned the reponsibility of abandoning their personal identity for matters of communication and organization, this position would be very temporary, mearly the one of the many sub-sages chosen to speak on that day.  their is no benifit to becomming a sage other than the fulfllment of a personal goal, the goal of working to acheive a great honor. and that completed, one would return to their regular responsibilities.

a sage would only exist as a personification of collected consiousness, only existing when the need arose to communicate the summation of that collection back to the collective as a whole that we all may benifit from ourselves

:smile:

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

my head is swimming, theres more too, ill elaborate after work.
im on my break and its over.

i just realized that with the support of a few, the lives of so many may be changed, perhaps the nature of this to grow in spite of boarders may truly connect people separated by a common loss. the loss of free association.

of course, this might seem a little too much like a threat to democrasy and national security. and we ALL know what THAT means. :P

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#1387948 - 03/18/03 10:30 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

here we have some cerimonial attire for the dragoon, (inner and outer guard) the more military-looking style would be the guard.  the more battle-ready looking style would be the knight.
this sect would act as a common ground, a rib-cage, where the sub-sages from each jurisdiction would be the heart, there would be sceitific sages, spiritual sages, heck, thered probably be a DIVINERS sage :smile: each comes from a jurisdiction that has little to do with location and evrything to do with shared beleif of their constituants, to become a sage, you must first be a dragoon, become an outer guard, then an inner guard, and then after certain proovings you are replaced by your junior (the outer guard) and become a sub-sage and most likely in time for periods, sage. 

any beleif structure or backgroud is welcome, provided you aggree that you, of your own free will and accord are choosing to adopt a life devoted to expanding your horizons  beyond the limitations of any present beleif you may have and actively seek a deeper meaning.

your local jurisdiction may be extremely different from any other, they may have different dress, different rituals, but the important thing is that they all have a sub-sage who is active in the heart.  the symbol you see repeating here should be adapted in some way as a symbol that transends the visisitudes however, after all, there must be some declaration of affiliation to maintain the connection and stregnth of a movement that you joined for the merrit of its survival and growth. and yours.

its a dream of mine, and as im finding out im not alone. if its not just my dream, then perhaps together, we can work to make all our dreams come true. :smile:

over time the structure will cement and tradition (thogh always able to change) will begin to take shape.

in gatherings, separate sects, guilds, whatever, can come together and meet their fellows on the level, share themselves and ideas, have fun, compair traditions and ceremonies, adapt new ideas, share music, petry, art, food,
other stuff :wink:

im thinking a big feast with lively music and drums, contests of skill and of the mind,
one mind, experiencing itself on a level where all its separate personalities are free of fear and mistrust as they share that respect for one another and value one another as they value themselves for it all means so much to them.

and of course, it will be fo running and vital importance to the integrity of all to be able to see the "us and them" philosophy, and know what it will become.  so long as ONE person is mindful of things, then it will be shared, passed to the heart, and then passed out into the bloodstream.

why knights with pointy sticks in a society that is peaceful?  because they represent knightly qualities, zeal, chivalry, the spiritual connection with serving ones society, they are a proud example. their rituals would include rites of a dificult nature, expected to be students and teachers, to have stregnth by knowing how weak they are, their weapons are the line, that they can dance upon finer than a diamonds edge, but never cross.  they would be the only sect REQUIRED to conduct charatable work and do their best to make themselves better by improving the quality of the world around them, which is why they would make such fitting sages one day.  their way is not one of violence, but dignity and generosity, self-fulfilment.  to earn that title "sir"  and hold it with honor.

honor matters.

this is just one level and has yet to be discussed and made semi-solid,

any ideas? anybody have some input for rituals? costume design? philosophies to add?  this is totally open and forever shall be, that is the only thing that will not change, is that evrything is subject to change. 

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International
    #1388057 - 03/18/03 11:03 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Everything so far sounds great to me except the costumes and sages. It seems you've taken a fantasy/sci-fi twist to your idea. I think it would be more successful without dividing ourselves. More of a collective community where everyone contributes. People with shared interests will naturally seek each other, no need to divide people int groups. I don't really think this society could grow that big either. In order for a true utopia/democracy to take place there needs to be very few people, but enough to make a difference.

Im gearing away from costumes and going more for spirtual/self growth. I think what Leary had going down in Mexico was perfect. Each member would take LSD or Psilocybin once a week and spend the rest of the week contemplating what happened. What the trip meant, and how they can grow from it. Also, I don't believe any one person should be in charge. When one man is placed over another is where I believe this world went wrong.

Last, I think if set rituals are made that does nothing except limit us. The only ritual should be taking LSD/Psilocybin in a proper set/setting. There the mind takes off and is not limited to ceremonies. The mind is unlimited, why limit it with the physical world?

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Edited by Smoker For Peace (03/18/03 11:09 AM)

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: appeal for a mystical society, [Re: Cherk]
    #1388124 - 03/18/03 11:27 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

sage is not a sci-fi fantasy term, it is synonymos with wisdom.  and people arent being separated into groups, the idea is to take separate groups of people and bring them together.
and i never said one person controls it, just one person has the duity to act as a communication medium, a center.

ritual is a shallow means to a deep end :smile:

ghandi said "what you do matters very little, but it is very important that you do it"
or something very close to that effect.

the idea is to create cultre by letting culture create itself after a little nudge out of ovlivian and into existance.

one man is not set over another, he learns to abbandon his ego to accomplish the task of spreading information.

i suppose we could have a newsletter, but then that could all be a vice of control and propaganda too....

never said anything about brnging about utopia OR democracy.
but rather trying to become better and better, by your own volition, through this medium, why this medium?
why not?  do you think its unrealistic because you associate costumes and sages with fantasy?

ill have you know that pretty much evry level of society wears costumes. buissness suits, preist robes, your sunday best, an apron, a haircut,  its all costumes,
so i made one wthat doesnt look like anything else. i cann that originality. not fantasy.
besides, arent they at least cool? :smile:

i dont aggree with the organization and practice of widespread drugging. thats how you make a cult :smile:
a mushroom/acid cult, that does no charity, does nothing to improve society, simply a bunch of space cadets going on head trips. where are they today?  and what good have they done?

Edited by Mitchnast (03/18/03 11:28 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate