Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWh0r420WaNg
Self-ProclaimedDemiGod
Loc: Pennsylvania
Does this make sense? Newbie needs help...
    #1366963 - 03/11/03 05:21 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

This may seem like a stupid question to the more experienced growers here, but I want to start out for the first time growing shrooms and I'm not sure of how fungus spreads so excuse my stupidity. Since psychoactive shrooms grow naturally on cow manure (this may be a rumor i've heard) or some other animal's crap, wouldn't it make sense that you could grow shrooms straight from that? I'm trying to find a way around buying spore prints and such because I don't want anything sent through the mail to me (even if it is relatively safe). So basically I'm just wondering if it is possible to grow shrooms without the spore prints, any kind of help would save me a lot of time. I've looked all over for the internet for shrooms but all i can find is links to companies selling kits and spores. Thanx all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrife
shroomin' n00b(for now)
Loc: East Coast, USA
Re: Does this make sense? Newbie needs help... [Re: Wh0r420WaNg]
    #1366987 - 03/11/03 05:31 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

it's kinda like a pot plant... you can't really grow one without the seeds.. sure you might find one in nature, but you can also find shrooms in nature..

if your looking for shrooms, but dont feel like growing them, you might want to go hunting for them, after you learn what to look for of course...

--------------------
I dream of rain...........

OfflineASloan471
Stranger

Loc: SC
Re: Does this make sense? Newbie needs help... [Re: Trife]
    #1367002 - 03/11/03 05:35 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

Post Deleted by Administrator

--------------------
???`?._.?????`?._.????Reality Is Just A Crutch For Those Who Cant Handle The Drugs????._.???`???._.???`?

OfflineWh0r420WaNg
Self-ProclaimedDemiGod
Re: Does this make sense? Newbie needs help... [Re: Trife]
    #1367015 - 03/11/03 05:37 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

I understand that, but what I'm asking is how do they end up growing naturally? How do the spores spread? And if they grow naturally on the crap, wouldn't everything you need be right there unless the spores got spread from another shroom? sorry about the confusion...also I'm wondering if any strains or species of psychoactive shrooms grow naturally in PA, and if i should look in cow pastures or forests or where?

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #1367036 - 03/11/03 05:42 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/faq.phpi hope this helps  :smirk:read it ALL 

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

InvisibleChe_Night_Soil
Koinoniphobic

Loc: Commonslaughtia
    #1367043 - 03/11/03 05:44 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

I'd like to save you time, but cultivating shrooms takes a lot of just that. If you desire something less conspicuous, I would recommend looking for a spore print in the Marketplace forum, and reading about spore syringe making in the FAQ section. It'll take some time, but it's really worth it :grin:

--------------------
if(human==autoPart){
for(i=1;i<infinity;i++){
getBorn(mind,soul);
getEdu(mind,soul);
getJob(mind,soul);
retire(mind,soul);
die(mind,soul);
}
}

OfflineSemperUbiSubUbi
some dude

Loc: Colorado
    #1367190 - 03/11/03 06:27 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

Dude, thats like saying you have some chicken feed, but no eggs and you are wondering why chickens just don't just show up.
Mushrooms grow from spores. Differing slightly but mostly the same concept as the tree growing from a seed.
To answer your question "how fungus spreads"
Mushroom grows from mycelium and drops spores>
Spores float through air and onto sutable substrate( thats the stuff it lives in, i.e. dirt, poop...) and germinate (sprouts)>
(without getting too technical here,i.e. karyogamy)
and grow mycelium (mycelium- is our tree equivalent to roots) consuming the substrate until the environment is sutable for fruiting (making mushrooms) and the mycelia knots up and up pops a shroom, and whole process repeats itself.

And they do naturally grow on cow poop, but so does a lot of other nasty bacteria and fungi, So if you took home a chunk of poop and threw it in your terrairium, you would probably grow somthing, but the chances that it will be psilocybe cubensis are next to nothing. And chances are whatever you do grow could be hazardous to your health. I highly do NOT reccommend this procedure.

To answer another one of your questions:"is possible to grow shrooms without the spore prints" you could obtain a live tissue culture, which is just living mycelium in water (www.sporeworks.com sells some gormet and novelty strains), but I doubt that you will find anyone (outside of a criminal) who is willing to send you a live culture of Psilocybe cubensis(most common trippy shroom), due to the fact that cubensis mycelium contains the illegal substance Psilocybin (the stuff that makes you trip).

One other thought, consider why you are worried about safly ordering spores. One thing you can do is just have them sent to a buddy's house. But, if your reason has anything to do with not wanting your mother to find them once they do get to you, consider maturing a few more years and getting your own place where you can do what you want (and face your own consequences)
---gets down from his soapbox---
what do I know anyway with my 10 posts..

OfflineSemperUbiSubUbi
some dude

#1367286 - 03/11/03 06:54 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

I'm wondering if any strains or species of psychoactive shrooms grow naturally in PA, and if i should look in cow pastures or forests or where?

I think that is a question for the Mushroom Hunting forum.

OfflineWh0r420WaNg
Self-ProclaimedDemiGod
Re: Does this make sense? Newbie needs help... [Re: SemperUbiSubUbi]
    #1370103 - 03/12/03 03:53 PM (21 years, 21 days ago)

aight everyone, thanx for the help. sorry about my dumbass confusion wit everything, i guess i kinda compared shrooms to mold that grows on food and crap...u guys just made me realize thats becuz probably the yeast in the bread and stuff so i think im straightened out on this issue. aight thanx everyone for the help wit everything. l8r on headz.

OfflineSemperUbiSubUbi
some dude

#1370962 - 03/12/03 08:51 PM (21 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

aight everyone, thanx for the help. sorry about my dumbass confusion wit everything, i guess i kinda compared shrooms to mold that grows on food and crap...u guys just made me realize thats becuz probably the yeast in the bread and stuff so i think im straightened out on this issue. aight thanx everyone for the help wit everything. l8r on headz.

Dude yeast has nothing to do with why bread gets moldy (yeast is bacteria), mold has spores just like shrooms, spores are microscopic (sooo tiny you can't see them) and they float through the air, land on your bread and germinate and grow.
Maybe this will help you
Heres a little more technical explanation.
Too technical?
Hopefully I helped

OfflineSemperUbiSubUbi
some dude

#1370968 - 03/12/03 08:53 PM (21 years, 21 days ago)

one more thing I think I should add is that mold is fungus too.

OfflineDELETED
Stranger

Re: Does this make sense? Newbie needs help... [Re: SemperUbiSubUbi]
    #24581686 - 08/26/17 05:15 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I know it's old but I just wanted to pop in and say that yeast is also a fungus, and not a bacteria.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds