Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleInvisible_Woe

Loc: Mabase
im a total newbie with no money at all
    #6964716 - 05/25/07 07:35 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

ok i rly have no money at all to spend. but i have a house O. with house hold stuff. is there a way i can take house hold substances and grow psilocybin mushrooms with them outside? please i have never had a psilocybin experience only amanita muscaria. i know its probably dumb but whatever thnx

--------------------
These are not the answers you should be questioning.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: im a total newbie with no money at all [Re: Invisible_Woe]
    #6964730 - 05/25/07 07:39 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

No, I don't think you'll have the required things in your house just by chance.

What you need costs less than $100 total...just go to lowes or home depot and buy

-vermiculite
-perlite
-a 20 gallon or so rubbermaid container
-a piece of plexiglass smaller than the cover
-some sealant (liquid nails, loctite, whatever) to put the plexiglass over the hole you're going to cut in the rubbermaid cover
-12 1/2 pint wide mouthed canning jars (get these from a store like sprout or grocery store)
-organic brown rice flower MUST be organic or won't work (get from organic food store, sprouts, etc.)

Check above in Mushroom Info -> Grow Mushrooms for teks...start with the PF tek probably, as it's the simplest and hardest to mess up.

Or, you can read the link in my signature that has the grow video. :-)

Good luck, and spend time reading and researching.

Invisibledshak66
Beforebloom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Drybubbiye
Re: im a total newbie with no money at all [Re: Invisible_Woe]
    #6964757 - 05/25/07 07:49 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I have found many rubbermaids out on the street for trach p/u. Really need a PC, do you have a PC?

--------------------

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: no clue
Re: im a total newbie with no money at all [Re: dshak66]
    #6964964 - 05/25/07 09:34 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

uhm, if u can make a liquid culture, and pasteurize some straw, u can make an outdoor bed, you will need spores though. and also outdoor habitat is important, put it in shade, make sure it gets water, make sure temps aren't extreme to the plus or minus of cubensis range.

PC = pressure cooker here, not computer.

Edited by jeetered (05/25/07 09:36 AM)

OfflineMYSTIQUE
Say Hi to the elves for me.
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: im a total newbie with no money at all [Re: jeetered]
    #6965006 - 05/25/07 09:44 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

You can get free spores from the Fsrc and Fsre the free spore rings are on google you can get some good prints I just got a redboy (WOOT RR) last week from the Europe one. The Canada one kinda sucks I been waiting over a month but I think they are out of prints because I asked for anything they had around. Got the Europe one in like 2 weeks maybe not even so Its like 5 bucks to get a print to cover shipping. You only get one free print a month but a print is like at least 10 good syringes and then if you make some lc(liquid culture) you have 10000billion gallons of spawn if ya want. You can Get free poo from the pastures or trails you can get horse and cow and some times when the circus leaves you can get some good elephant for free in the back of the parking lot they where in. Its still early in the season but If you know anyone that lives out in the country or have family out there they will hook ya up with free straw cows eat so much a few tubs of it every few month ain't even a dent in there pile corn and grain feed too we use so little they will hook ya up no problem. RR has had mushrooms growing on phone books and a bible I'm pretty shur I heard and other paper stuff I don't know how well it will work but it could bulk up your bulk grow. I got some free P.C. containers at the hospital too I just ask for them for my body jewelry When they ask me to take it out and say i don't want to mix my nose with nipples so I get a few lol but don't goto emergency just for that.

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: no clue
Re: im a total newbie with no money at all [Re: MYSTIQUE]
    #6965022 - 05/25/07 09:50 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Ingrid just broke her knee really bad, and her and Eric (fsre) are out of commission until she heals more.

www.fsre.nl

Quote:

Written by Administrator
Wednesday, 23 May 2007

Dear all,

Due to a knee fracture of Ingrid's knee we are having a small delay. She can barely walk and I drive her around in a wheel chair. So we got some extra work to do. This is also the reason for this small delay.

You can email Ingrid and bring her your love and heeling on ingrid@fsre.nl or sent a postcard to our address which is mentioned on our website.

Peace,
Eric

Edited by jeetered (05/25/07 09:51 AM)

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #6965053 - 05/25/07 09:58 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

if he's doing pf tek he doesn't need a pressure cooker, just a big pan

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

OfflineMYSTIQUE
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: im a total newbie with no money at all [Re: jeetered]
    #6965061 - 05/25/07 10:00 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Aw thats too bad Ill Have to send her a card. Too bad too they are the better of the two.

--------------------
Dont know what the fuck I just said? READ THIS
http://www.shroomery.org/5122/The-Shroomery-Mushroom-Glossary
I ain't a hippy but I'm covered in dirt                         
Sippin lots of mushroom tea in a tye-dye shirt
Chasin' the Grateful Dead, no shoes on my feet
Beggin' in the parking lot for something to eat,

:onfire:DO NOT USE FIRE IN YOUR GLOVE BOX!!!!!!!:onfire:

OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: im a total newbie with no money at all [Re: Nibin]
    #6965755 - 05/25/07 01:24 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Nibin said:
if he's doing pf tek he doesn't need a pressure cooker, just a big pan

True, but i think they need to think about getting a job first :wink:

Invisibledshak66
Beforebloom
Male User Gallery

Re: im a total newbie with no money at all [Re: BenKenobi]
    #6966433 - 05/25/07 04:49 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I really would not try and grow w-out a PC, just my 2cents

--------------------

OfflineMYSTIQUE
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6966779 - 05/25/07 07:17 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

He said he wants to grow outside so no P.C. could be OK. But not recommended.

--------------------
Dont know what the fuck I just said? READ THIS
http://www.shroomery.org/5122/The-Shroomery-Mushroom-Glossary
I ain't a hippy but I'm covered in dirt                         
Sippin lots of mushroom tea in a tye-dye shirt
Chasin' the Grateful Dead, no shoes on my feet
Beggin' in the parking lot for something to eat,

:onfire:DO NOT USE FIRE IN YOUR GLOVE BOX!!!!!!!:onfire:

Offlinefetalscab
 User Gallery

Loc: not quite sure? Flag
    #6967509 - 05/25/07 10:22 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

dshak66 said:

i have never used a pc and i have only had a couple contams, i  always use a pot or a microwave:thumbup:

--------------------
The mind is a bright blue sky
Clouds are thoughts and feelings floating by
You have them but you are not them
Whatever you do
Don't let them have you

InvisiblePoC
Relax
Male User Gallery

Re: im a total newbie with no money at all [Re: fetalscab]
    #6967548 - 05/25/07 10:31 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Another thing you might consider for gathering simple supplies would be to gather up all sorts of dusty old things you have around the house that people might want and trade them in the Marketplace. Books, collectibles, whatever. A couple things I've traded that were oddball were my childhood rock collection that I found in my mom's house on a visit back home, an aquarium heater, and a microphone.

You should seriously think about it.

--------------------

Offlinexhooliganx
Munky
Male User Gallery

Loc: reno, nevada
    #6967558 - 05/25/07 10:33 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Yes you can do it with stuff laying around the house if you can get your hands on some spores, but I think your best bet would to be growing indoors instead of out side. you can use organic brown rice grind it into flower and do the pftek using tyvek instead of verm and get the tyvek free from the usps. then fruit in a rubbermaid. You would have to mist and fan a lot since you wouldnt be using perlite for humidity but it can be done. If you can come up with a few bucks for basic materials you can make your life a lot easier. I mean no more than 20$ can get you a decent set up for personal use.

--------------------

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #6967628 - 05/25/07 10:52 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

fetalscab said:
Quote:

dshak66 said:

i have never used a pc and i have only had a couple contams, i  always use a pot or a microwave:thumbup:

I have done over 30 pftek jars, both on their own and spawned to hpoo cased in 60/40 and have never had a contam except once after having a cake in the fruiting chamber for a month and after 4 flushes. I don't even nuke my casing mix.

If you are very clean (cover your hair, was your hands with something a bit stronger than household soap, don't breathe over the stuff) and don't have mold spores floating about your house (a mouldy bowl of fruit, damp patches...) you can be very successful with pftek cased or not.

You can even probably get away with being a filthy bugger if you wanted to, pftek is pretty foolproof if the instructions are followed EXACTLY. Most people I know who had contams got them because they tried to cut corners

--------------------

InvisiblePoC
Relax
Male User Gallery

#6967715 - 05/25/07 11:16 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I live in a studio apartment with my girlfriend. We're both pack-a-day smokers and smoke inside here. Still plenty good result growing.

--------------------

InvisibleInvisible_Woe

Loc: Mabase
Re: im a total newbie with no money at all [Re: PoC]
    #6968484 - 05/26/07 05:54 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

i have a job lol i jst have waaaay to many bills and shit to take care of :smile:

--------------------
These are not the answers you should be questioning.

InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Loc: Hootersville
Re: im a total newbie with no money at all [Re: myndreach]
    #6968538 - 05/26/07 07:19 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

myndreach said:

-organic brown rice flower MUST be organic or won't work (get from organic food store, sprouts, etc.)

Nah, any brown rice FLOUR will work. doesn't have to be organic.

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: im a total newbie with no money at all [Re: Pinhead]
    #6968722 - 05/26/07 08:35 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

the reason people suggest organic is the fact that non organic crops sometimes can be sprayed with fungicides which can hinder mycelium growth.

While Organic is not a must, is is the safer bet.

It also seems nicer to grow your own shrooms in an organic way, the same as lots of people who grow weed try and avoid artificial fertilizers or pesticides in their grows.

It's a personal choice really

--------------------

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6968871 - 05/26/07 09:41 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Non-organic will often have fungicides on it, and organic will not. Go ahead, use non-organic. Spend the time making jars, innoculating, incubating, and then wait 3 weeks and realize you have no growth because you didn't use organic BRF and all the spores you just used were killed by the fungicides in your BRF.

Your choice to take the risk, but yeah, go ahead. :smile:

I have never used in a PC in the years I've been involved in this hobby. One contam once that was from a bad syringe.

Invisibledshak66
Beforebloom
Male User Gallery

#6968950 - 05/26/07 10:20 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

My bad - I use a PC, obviously many people achieve their desired results without. My opinion is that without a pressure cooker I would have no mushrooms.

--------------------

Invisibledshak66
Beforebloom
Male User Gallery

#6969009 - 05/26/07 10:44 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

myndreach said:
Non-organic will often have fungicides on it, and organic will not. Go ahead, use non-organic. Spend the time making jars, innoculating, incubating, and then wait 3 weeks and realize you have no growth because you didn't use organic BRF and all the spores you just used were killed by the fungicides in your BRF.

I have never used in a PC in the years I've been involved in this hobby. One contam once that was from a bad syringe.

And your last grow netted 2.5 grams before it got contaminated? USE a PC-I learned it from RR.

--------------------

OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
    #6969195 - 05/26/07 11:47 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Yer PC's are for noobs if you doing BRF :laugh:, if grains then yes u will need one but i dont use one now for my BRF casings (ive forked out enough for electronic scales and other shit) and havent had one contam. Im not even that sterile anymore however i used to be anal sterile when i first started. If you want to have peace of mind use one but 45mins in a big steaming pot (with some weights on the lid) works swell.

All the best :smile:

InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Loc: Hootersville
    #6969232 - 05/26/07 11:53 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

myndreach said:

Thats complete bullshit. You're not going to have fungicides on your brown rice. It's amazing how these rumours get started and how many people believe them.But thank you for your permission to use "'non-organic".
  I imagine this rumour was started by some hippie.

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #6969607 - 05/26/07 01:21 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

dshak66 said:
Quote:

myndreach said:

And your last grow netted 2.5 grams before it got contaminated? USE a PC-I learned it from RR.

Um, once the mycelium has colonized and is fruiting I think that the fact that he used a pc or not is irrelevant, as sterilization will only allow colonisation to take place unhindered not protect the mycelium from contams indefinetly.

Also, about the fungicides. We have antibiotics in meat, heavy metals and DDT in fish and loads of herbicides, pesticides and fungicides in grains and veg, and they are normally water resistant as they have to resist rain and stuff.
  White rice, without the husk, I wouldn't really worry about as any stuff on the outside will be gone(ish) but brown rice and especially for growing shrooms on, i'd think twice about.

If even the original PF tek recommends organic rice, there must me a reason behind it

--------------------

Offlinefetalscab
 User Gallery

Loc: not quite sure? Flag
    #6969904 - 05/26/07 02:33 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

i use rye flour from walmart and millet flour, no problems here, and im tellin ya i dont even use a pc for grains and im good, the microwave is so much faster and easier, and it works just fine.
i honestly cant see how microwaving soaked/boiled/strained
(24 hrs./2 hrs./20 min.) popcorn in a ziplock jar(or any sealable/microwaveable container) with tyvek filter for 4 min. and fruiting it directly from the jar could not be the easiest way for a total newbie with no money to do it with stuff already around the house, or at the post office for free.

i know a lot of people dont like popcorn, but it just doesnt get any easier than popcorn in a microwave:thumbup:

--------------------
The mind is a bright blue sky
Clouds are thoughts and feelings floating by
You have them but you are not them
Whatever you do
Don't let them have you

Invisibledshak66
Beforebloom
Male User Gallery

#6973992 - 05/27/07 03:21 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Nibin said:
Quote:

dshak66 said:
Quote:

myndreach said:

Your choice to take the risk, but yeah, go ahead. :smile: NOT true-at ALL-Look, I am just helping.

Um, once the mycelium has colonized and is fruiting I think that the fact that he used a pc or not is irrelevant, as sterilization will only allow colonisation to take place unhindered not protect the mycelium from contams indefinetly.

Also, about the fungicides. We have antibiotics in meat, heavy metals and DDT in fish and loads of herbicides, pesticides and fungicides in grains and veg, and they are normally water resistant as they have to resist rain and stuff.
  White rice, without the husk, I wouldn't really worry about as any stuff on the outside will be gone(ish) but brown rice and especially for growing shrooms on, i'd think twice about.

If even the original PF tek recommends organic rice, there must me a reason behind it

NOT true-at ALL-Look, I am just helping.

--------------------

OfflineCaptainLinger
A Fungus Amongus

#6980889 - 05/29/07 05:58 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

dshak66!

Is not accepting private messages.

Only he should because that avatar would seem to denote a fixie tinted a wonderful shade of orange and ridin' on gumwalls.

Mushrooms...and bikes...you are male, right? :frown:

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #6980930 - 05/29/07 06:39 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

dshak66 said:
Quote:

Nibin said:
Quote:

dshak66 said:
Quote:

myndreach said:

Your choice to take the risk, but yeah, go ahead. :smile: NOT true-at ALL-Look, I am just helping.

NOT true-at ALL-Look, I am just helping.

Hmm, even RR says that a PC isn't needed for a PF tek, just a properly done steam sterilisation. That is because rice contains a lower amount of bacterial endospores than grain.

That is why grain requires the use of a PC or at least multiple stage sterilization, soaking overnight to let the endospores germinate, simmer etc.

Microwave I can't say much about, but I know you have to be careful to avoid substrate drying out.

http://www.shroomery.org/8409/PF-Tek

Original PF tek specifies ORGANIC brown rice, and it is a time proven working system. Most people use organic rice.

Also, If you have proof that all non organic rice has no fungicide content i'd like to see it. This is an extract from a fungicide patent found online

"Owing to the special cultivation conditions of rice plants, the requirements that a rice fungicide has to meet are considerably different from those that fungicides used in cereal or fruit growing have to meet. There are differences in the application method: in addition to the foliar application method used in many places, in modern rice cultivation the fungicide is applied directly onto the soil during or shortly after sowing. The fungicide is taken up into the plant via the roots and transported in the sap of the plant to the plant parts to be protected. In contrast, in cereal or fruit growing, the fungicide is usually applied onto the leaves or the fruits; accordingly, in these crops the systemic action of the active compounds is considerably less important."

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder