Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Strange coincidence.
    #1358834 - 03/08/03 04:49 PM (21 years, 25 days ago)

I was in my anthropology class and I cam about something that was quite interesting.

The first fossil homo homo sapiens were found in the central lands of the middle east.

According to the book of Genesis, the original location of the Garden of Eden was between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers(specifically mentioned).

Meh, it's probably just a coincidence, right?  :confused: 

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
Re: Strange coincidence. [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #1358883 - 03/08/03 05:10 PM (21 years, 25 days ago)

who knows?

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1359058 - 03/08/03 07:20 PM (21 years, 25 days ago)

A lot of the stuff in "The Bible" is pretty good information; its just distorted by all this "God" talk, IMO  :frown:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Strange coincidence. [Re: Strumpling]
    #1359096 - 03/08/03 08:05 PM (21 years, 25 days ago)

i think you are very correct strumpling.

well... i think... and i hope im not going to screw this up. but a lot of the "god" talk now 'a'days' is like double think. they take something which "god" or all that is and all knowning and the super head or whatever, and make it to what they want. like on the dollar bill... you believe in god because there is no other way RIGHT?! lol so people accept that the dollar bill has value and thus making it god of our economic system. but "god" is so generic... the most generic imo. i agree the bible has lots of good information, but like from what i understand from some true christians, is that its not really about religion. and this girl i talk to who i think knows the bible and a lot about christianity, and imo a very true believer in what she learns. she really doesnt take in all the "Dogmatic bullshit". i think she believes in it cause she knows there is something thats not really being told you know? like maybe the whole christianity thing is just a veil, and different religous right and cults have been screwing it up for a long time. you can follow your duties religously, and thats what i like to think of as discipline. believing in a way or something as a means of self discipline and guidance through chaos. although that may be pre supposing a lot... heh its gotten me through a lot of shit, think its whats kept my sanity lol... but anyway. yeah i think the bible has a lot of useful information or it could have but all the translations and additions have thoroughly messed it up. what ive learned from the gnostics, is that they deal with the more direct aramaic translations of the bible. but as far as the modern evolution it seems that its just gotten so horribly distorted. or society... (think it kind of goes hand in hand). but being translated from aramaic into latin, latin into german, german in to english. not to mention all the fighting churches, which who knows screwed up the text. the missing dead sea scrolls. way too many factors. i dont know if anyone has seen stigmata, but theres a good quote talking about how jesus is explaining what the real deal is "...split a piece of wood and you shall find me, look under a stone i am there". how religion isnt the way to go. i think its just simple understanding. people just have to make up so much bullshit to get to the point. cause they want power, or whatever messed up reasons for starting wars and all the insane shit thats going on and for who knows how long.

--------------------
What?

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1359110 - 03/08/03 08:14 PM (21 years, 25 days ago)

heh... no i personally dont think its a coincidence. that place was a lush tropical rain forest before it became a desert. its where the pyramids were built, not too far away the first written language. the beginings of judaism.

heh that makes me wonder about the hopi prophecies and the story of moses with the stone tablets. maybe the human race split up a long time ago, they all probably all started bitching about something and couldnt get along and so they left the lush plentiful garden and spread out across the globe, or something hit their garden and they all got scattered.

maybe thats what the bible talks about as far as eating the forbidden fruit, maybe we were all one color one type, instead of white black red and yellow? and so adam or the head gene type or whatever split up and was cast out for unknown reasons. social or physical changes with the earth forced them out?

so they all left for their different spots and so adapted to their surroundings, making them what they are now. or some combination like that i dont know... just an idea maybe of what happened  :confused:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i hope dats a little better  :grin:  :laugh:

--------------------
What?

Edited by Zero7a1 (03/09/03 06:21 AM)

OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Re: Strange coincidence. [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1359274 - 03/08/03 10:43 PM (21 years, 25 days ago)

Jeez I don't mean to be devil's advocate or anything.

But could you please separate out those paragraphs?  My eyes hurt.  :tongue: 

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #1360536 - 03/09/03 01:19 PM (21 years, 24 days ago)

Iraq. Looks like nowadays everything leads us there.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1364748 - 03/11/03 03:45 AM (21 years, 23 days ago)

Not really much of a coincidence. What culture doesn't have a creation story that claims human beings originated where their culture is located?

One of them was obviously going to be correct. Earlier human ancestors were found in Africa, so they naturally migrated north, to the middle east.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale