Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineimstoned420
Stranger
Earth Coincidence Control Office (E.C.C.O.)
    #1051768 - 11/14/02 08:55 AM (14 years, 24 days ago)

this is what dr john lily was into In ones life there can be peculiarly appropriate chains of related events that lead to consequences that are strongly desired. After such experiences, one wonders how such a series of events developed; sometimes there is a strong feeling that some intelligence (greater than ours) directed the course along certain lines which It/He/She was/is programming. Several years ago, I enunsiated a format for such concatenations of events, somewhat
"There exists a Cosmic Control Center (C.C.C.) with a Galactic substation called Galactic Coincidence Control (G.C.C.). Within which is the Solar System Control Unit (S.S.C.U.), within which is the Earth Coincidence Control Office (E.C.C.O.). The assignments of responsiblities from the top to the bottom of this system of control is by a set of regulations, which translated by E.C.C.O. for humans is somewhat as follows:"

To all humans
If you wish to control coincidences in your own life on the planet Earth, we will cooperate and determine those coincidences for you under the following conditions:

1) You must know/assume/simulate our existence in ECCO
2) You must be willing to accept our responsibility for control of your coincidences.
3) You must exert your best capabilities for your susrvival programs and your own development as an advancing/advanced member of ECCO's earthside corps of controlled coincidence workers. You are expected to use your best intelligence in this service
4) You are expected to expect the unexpected every minute, every hour of every day and of every night.
5) You must be able to maintain conscious/thinking/ reasoning no matter what events we arrange to happen to you. Some of these events will seem catachlysmic/catastrophic/overwhelming: remember stay aware, no matter what happens/apparently happens to you.
6) You are in our training program for life: there is no escape from it. We (not you ) control the long-term coincidences; you (not we) control the shorter-term coincidences by your own efforts.
7) Your major mission on earth is to discover/create that which we do to control the long-term coincidence patterns: you are being trained on Earth to do this job.
8) When your mission on planet Earth is completed, you will no longer be required to remain/return there.
9) Remember the motto passed to us (from GCC via SSCU):

"Cosmic Love is absolutelely Ruthless and Highly Indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."
(Excerpt from "The Dyadic Cyclone")

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Earth Coincidence Control Office (E.C.C.O.) [Re: imstoned420]
    #1059426 - 11/17/02 03:25 AM (14 years, 22 days ago)

...I wanna try ketamine.  :wink: 

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Invisiblexganon
polydrug abuser
Loc: here
Re: Earth Coincidence Control Office (E.C.C.O.) [Re: Adamist]
    #1059729 - 11/17/02 08:59 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/dxm_faq.shtml

I ignored the "warnings" and no harm ever came to me. Most of the hysteria about this drug is due to RFG's lies and can safely be ignored.

--------------------
Please remove all dollar signs from my listed contact information

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Earth Coincidence Control Office (E.C.C.O.) [Re: imstoned420]
    #1059768 - 11/17/02 10:25 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

1) You must know/assume/simulate our existence in ECCO

This says it all. You must "trick" yourself into believing this nonsense for it to work.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinemachineelf368
self-transforming

Loc: in the mountains, awaitin...
Re: Earth Coincidence Control Office (E.C.C.O.) [Re: Swami]
    #1064891 - 11/19/02 03:18 AM (14 years, 20 days ago)

I think it's similar to the way us scientists have to know/assume/simulate the superiority of logic and rationality. In order to use the scientific method we have to believe the method is meaningful and actually works. How can you disprove the scientific method? A) use the scientific method; B)claim faith and direct experience and spiritual enlightenment are better sources of knowledge. A is just useless as you're using the thing to disprove itself. B doesn't work because from the point of view of the scientific method faith and spirituality and whatnot don't hold up to the standards of science and hence are invalid.

It's like the belief in the reliability and persistance of memory (sidenote: I love Dali so much). I had two strawberry frosted pop-tarts for breakfast this morning. I know this because I remember it. But what if my memory is faulty and in fact I had only one strawberry frosted pop-tart, or what if it was blueberry? I know my memory is reliable because I remember previous times my memory has been reliable. Also, I can have other people tell me of times they remember their memories have been reliable. Beliefs such as a) the reliability of memory; b) the reliability of sensory perception; c) the reliability of the scientific method are all basic beliefs which cannot be proven or disproven, but we believe them anyway. So why not believe in ECCO? I believe that rationality is more important than irrationality. This belief is in itself irrational, but I don't care. I also believe that time is non-linear and that ECCO exists for the same reasons I believe my memory and the scientific method are reliable. I just do.

And I must say, John Lilly is my personal hero. He has got to be the most amazing, groundbreaking scientist I have ever encountered. If I can even attempt to follow in his footsteps in my career I will be greatly honored. The man's talked to dolphins, for crying out loud. How cool is that? The first interspecies communication, before jane Goodall and the sign language apes. Not that talking to apes isn't significant, it is, but dolphin intelligence is so much more alien than simian intelligence. And the float tank! I could go on for hours about how awe-ful the float tank is! Lilly was such a great person.
-m

--------------------
(the above was deciphered from phi (~1.62) using an advanced alphanumeric conversion algorhythm and should not be perceived as meaningful.)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology