Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 |  [ show all ]
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: TeamAmerica]
    #13025211 -

TeamAmerica,

You honestly do not know what the fuck you are talking about...you keep making ridiculous claims without any real knowledge behind this subject

It IS our meat consumption that directly reflects our evolution, you think we evolve from eating plants? Hell no.

TeamAmerica said:
Kada said:
If I couldn't eat meat why would I want to live?



That does seem like the driving thought behind most minds that argue against vegetarians :shrug:

That's why I call it meat addictions...Im not over exaggerating emotionally, I don't hate people who choose to eat animal flesh...

I think it could literally be seen as an addiction...



So because we have BIOLOGICAL want/need for protein, we have an addiction?

LOL......oh teh irony

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: feifen]
    #13025255 -

I'm vegetarian.

I don't care if others are or aren't. Only that they accept these things...

* Primitive man was a quasi-vegetarian. Picking fruit/vegetable/legumes/grains was always a staple part of their diet, but with the evolution of man came a quick fix.
* Meat production is financially and environmentally demanding
* Many meat eaters would be vegetarian if they had to kill the animals
* With adequate nutrition and culinary skills being vegetarian/vegan is a very healthy diet

None of my friends are vegetarian, but they all respect my choice, as I respect theirs. Now they all look forward to my cooking.

:2cents:


--------------------
We do not know what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are - that is the fact.
Jean-Paul Sartre

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: TeamAmerica]
    #13025309 -

TeamAmerica said:
Well again you have paid no attention...The aryans are the ones that wrote the vedas...and the Vedas are what passed down and ultimately created the Hindu teachings...BTW Buddhism sprung out of and is ultimately related to the Hindu culture. Vegetarianism WAS practiced by the Aryans...I NEVER SAID THEY CONDEMNED MEAT EATING



it's difficult to pay attention to so much misleading vagueness
how about "most people arent good with history" since the vedic were around 1700BC, not 7000 years ago and the hindu started developing their beliefs around 300BC, making it less than 2500 years. the hinu also dont forbid eating meat as many are infact omnivores... these are just a few of the very misleading statements you've made

TeamAmerica said:
Akira said:
while vegetarianism is only an idea that we have recently conceived in the last few hundred years of our philosophical history.
:lol: How about at least 7000 years,its ok, most people arent good with history







Quote:
Quote:
But all intelligent civilizations used plants, and understood they were nutritious thousands and thousands of years ago.



so who were the nutritionists of ancient sumeria, many of these
vegetarian claism are just ludicrous, you're claiming that modern man
isnt an intelligent civilization but some folks living in caves were

It's actually the Aryans im talking about...The vedic teachings that were passed down to modern Hinduism...But im sure some sects of Sumerians practiced vegetarianism, as they were quite intelligent.




Quote:
It seems a lot of the hunting died out with the increase in brain size or was limited to less advanced civilizations:shrug:




Quote:
I understand this. The Aryans just like the Hebrews viewed certain animals as worthy to eat, and others as a Sin to eat. All in all though, the Vedas DO promote vegetarianism.




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13025312 -

Quote:
Quote:
LOL PLEASE...POST A ONE OF THESE "FACTS" THAT STATES THAT THE MYSTERY OF THE EVOLUTION OF OUR BRAIN SIZE?



I already have and as usual you choose to ignore it



I have ignored nothing...These are no facts about JACK...this is all theoretical...Terence Mckennas Mushroom theory is honestly more believable.




WTF does McKenna and mushrooms have to do with vegetarian diet, it's not like he ate mushrooms 7000 years ago and suddenly told the world to stop eating meat, you again deny the fact as put forth through historical evidence, scientific testing of bone and even coprolites  that show that man and his predecessors have always eaten meat in every single culture that they've studied


Quote:
you realize that apes and chimps evolved differently than humans, O yes I understand this...They are our COUSINS that
our closest ancestor is the neanderthal but if you go back a bit, you'll
see the similarities Yes...And you will also notice they have no more sharp teeth for tearing flesh.in other words...biological proof of my point



incorrect, the incisors and bicuspids are in fact sharp, ideal for
ripping, shearing and tearing, the canines you're trying to compare them
to are for holding the prey, your biological 'proof' is as unsound as
the misleading statements you've made like the Sumerians being
vegetarians, they revered the animals but they still ate meat or trying
to lead us to believe the hindu are all vegetarians

you compare apples to automobiles and expect to come to sound conclusions


Quote:
our direct ancestors, Homo neanderthalensis were almost exclusively meat eaters again, chime in with some actual evidence of your claims

Almost exclusively meat eaters? I think this is debatable...But yes im sure they hunted.



it's not debatable as it's been proven, that's what anthropologists do,
again you simply deny the facts and dismiss them because they dont fit
the bill for your beliefs, just because you dont want to believe it
doesnt make it false

show us the mighty brain power of the vegetarian and learn to properly
use the quote function so I dont have to go through and clean up this
crap to make it possible to follow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: polantis]
    #13025343 -

polantis said:
I'm vegetarian.

I don't care if others are or aren't. Only that they accept these things...

* Primitive man was a quasi-vegetarian. Picking fruit/vegetable/legumes/grains was always a staple part of their diet, but with the evolution of man came a quick fix.
* Meat production is financially and environmentally demanding
* Many meat eaters would be vegetarian if they had to kill the animals
* With adequate nutrition and culinary skills being vegetarian/vegan is a very healthy diet

None of my friends are vegetarian, but they all respect my choice, as I respect theirs. Now they all look forward to my cooking.

:2cents:



how can someone accept what isnt true, ancestors of man have eaten meat
for at least 3.5 million years, it wasnt a 'quick fix' because hunting
required more skill and advancements in tools, as I stated earlier,
there's no real skill involved in hunting an apple

you obviously know nothing about meat production because when you get
away from the vege promo sites and start looking at the actual costs and
processes, you see that beef isnt fed grains through out their life,
they're fed on pasture/forage and hays while production of vegetables is
far more intensive and destructive since it allows for erosion of the
top soil, more use of machinery

most meat eaters throughout time have slaughtered their own animals,
many still do, the statement like many presented by vegetarians are
fallacy based on their own beliefs, around 20% of the us population
still raises animals or hunts for food, ease of production has allowed
most people to stop hunting past the meat counter

as for the healthy diet for vegans/vegetarians, it's debatable on
several counts, one of which is logistics, you assume that everyone can
acquire proper nutrition as a vegetarian when in fact many of the foods
that would balance those diets arent available in all markets

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13025507 -

There's a lot of skill in "hunting an apple", because most apples aren't really edible. It was only though careful cultivation that came upon the fruit we now have today.:smirk:

p.s. chicken fried steak is mana of the gods.:rockon:


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: blewmeanie]
    #13025523 -

While I wouldn't really want to kill animals for all my meals because its much easier and less messy to buy meat, as a predator I want to experience taking an animals life, and preparing the meat for consumption. I would use everything. Bones can make beads, handles in knives, arrow heads, earrings, etc. Skin would be used...nothing would go to waste.

This is one of my reasons behind wanting to learn archery. When I become proficient at it I want to test my skills. I don't think its right for people to grow up and not see the death that comes with eating meat. Everything is pre packaged, little blood, you can hardly tell it was an animal. I feel like its important for me to experience hunting in order to be a complete human being.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: polantis]
    #13025541 -

polantis said:
I'm vegetarian.

I don't care if others are or aren't. Only that they accept these things...

* Primitive man was a quasi-vegetarian. Picking fruit/vegetable/legumes/grains was always a staple part of their diet, but with the evolution of man came a quick fix.
* Meat production is financially and environmentally demanding
* Many meat eaters would be vegetarian if they had to kill the animals
* With adequate nutrition and culinary skills being vegetarian/vegan is a very healthy diet

None of my friends are vegetarian, but they all respect my choice, as I respect theirs. Now they all look forward to my cooking.

:2cents:



Not only would I kill, skin and cook an animal for it's meat I would enjoy doing it. I love meat. I am building a coop in my backyard to raise chickens in. You better bet I'm going to eat them and enjoy it. I will eat their unborn right out of the shell and when the mother is ripe for the picking she goes into the pot too.



--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: Kada]
    #13025571 -

If we weren't all supposed to eat each other we wouldn't be made of meat. Where all the cannibals at??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: TTT]
    #13025575 -

TTT said:
This is one of my reasons behind wanting to learn archery. When I become proficient at it I want to test my skills.



lemme know when you're ready to learn, I'm a good teacher


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: golden1]
    #13025585 -

golden1 said:
If we weren't all supposed to eat each other we wouldn't be made of meat. Where all the cannibals at??




they still around, did you know there were several tribes of cannibalistic
injuns here in the US, mostly along the gulf coast and down into mexico

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: golden1]
    #13025587 -

golden1 said:
If we weren't all supposed to eat each other we wouldn't be made of meat. Where all the cannibals at??



I would totally eat you if the situation called for it.

The thing is the situation is likely to never to require me to be starving up to that point because I eat animals.

But I would so eat you. I'm not joking. If it was starve or eat you I would without shedding a tear. I wouldn't kill you to eat you, but I bet in a survival situation I would last longer because my body has better stores to last me because of my high protein diet. You would go first and then I would eat you. I wouldn't even need salt.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13025588 -

Prisoner#1 said:
TTT said:
This is one of my reasons behind wanting to learn archery. When I become proficient at it I want to test my skills.



lemme know when you're ready to learn, I'm a good teacher





Whoa shes hot.

I'm taking classes at my community college. I'm not sure how in depth they are. If I'm not satisfied I'll definitely seek out someone who can teach me how to put the skill to use.

Bow hunting is the fairest method of hunting IMO. I have great respect for it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: Kada]
    #13025591 -

Kada said:
golden1 said:
If we weren't all supposed to eat each other we wouldn't be made of meat. Where all the cannibals at??



I would totally eat you if the situation called for it.

The thing is the situation is likely to never to require me to be starving up to that point because I eat animals.

But I would so eat you. I'm not joking. If it was starve or eat you I would without shedding a tear. I wouldn't kill you to eat you, but I bet in a survival situation I would last longer because my body has better stores to last me because of my high protein diet. You would go first and then I would eat you. I wouldn't even need salt.



Now that we sorted that out...:lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: TTT]
    #13025592 -

TTT said:
Prisoner#1 said:
TTT said:
This is one of my reasons behind wanting to learn archery. When I become proficient at it I want to test my skills.



lemme know when you're ready to learn, I'm a good teacher





Whoa shes hot.

I'm taking classes at my community college. I'm not sure how in depth they are. If I'm not satisfied I'll definitely seek out someone who can teach me how to put the skill to use.

Bow hunting is the fairest method of hunting IMO. I have great respect for it.



I have a longbow and I have only shot at targets with it. I would LOVE to take down a deer with it. How bad ass would it be to take out a deer with a bow!

Oh that chick is HOT!!! A sexy big breasted woman with a weapon! Mmmmnnnn.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: golden1]
    #13025598 -

golden1 said:
Kada said:
golden1 said:
If we weren't all supposed to eat each other we wouldn't be made of meat. Where all the cannibals at??



I would totally eat you if the situation called for it.

The thing is the situation is likely to never to require me to be starving up to that point because I eat animals.

But I would so eat you. I'm not joking. If it was starve or eat you I would without shedding a tear. I wouldn't kill you to eat you, but I bet in a survival situation I would last longer because my body has better stores to last me because of my high protein diet. You would go first and then I would eat you. I wouldn't even need salt.



Now that we sorted that out...:lol:



:lolsy: It's true.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: TTT]
    #13025607 -

there's a lot of skill required in using a bow for hunting, it's close
range shooting so it's much more difficult than 200yds with a rifle,
alabama just legalized real primitive weapons, try using a spear or an
atlatl to take a deer, it's so easy even a kid can do it :smirk:




I've never been one to use the fancy gadgets, I'm an instinct shooter, it's
pretty much come naturally to me, hopefully your classes teach you tracking
and other skills

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13025615 -

Atlatl's are awesome! Do you own those or is that a random pic? Looks like your kids from previous pictures.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13025618 -

I hope so too. I love old weapons. They're more personal than guns.

I'll totally get my concealed weapons permit when I'm old enough because where I want to live there are many bears. But guns for the most part are wussy weapons.


Ideally I would love to learn to be good at: using swords, spears, cross bows, knives, standard bow, etc. I love weapons. I'm seriously going to have a nice little collection.

Edited by TTT (08/09/10 09:11 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you truly be an animal lover... [Re: Kada]
    #13025622 -

Kada said:
TTT said:
Prisoner#1 said:




Whoa shes hot.





Oh that chick is HOT!!! A sexy big breasted woman with a weapon! Mmmmnnnn.




yeah but for some reason she doesnt want to smell the chloroformed rag :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* German inventor's "cat fuel" angers animal lovers lonestar2004 1,590 7 09/14/05 11:18 AM
by Prosgeopax
* Advice Needed. Animal Abuse. Deranged Friend? Sleepless...
( 1 2 all )
absolute zero 5,409 29 07/06/06 10:28 AM
by absolute zero
* vegetarians are killing animals
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
XUL 11,103 82 06/09/05 08:02 AM
by looner2
* Decided to go vegetarian
( 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 all )
tomk 20,827 221 05/22/05 03:09 PM
by Delyrium
* Vegetarianism?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
silversoul7 7,502 65 02/25/04 07:57 AM
by shroomsi8
* Thinking about becoming vegetarian....
( 1 2 all )
Thin White Duke 4,797 31 11/28/04 08:40 PM
by Adom
* How to put a vegetarian in their place
( 1 2 3 all )
Brewmaster 4,105 46 12/28/06 04:29 PM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* vegetarians
( 1 2 3 4 all )
run_rabbit_run 4,518 62 05/25/06 01:12 AM
by eligal

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,532 topic views. 2 members, 18 guests and 96 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.041 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.