Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Country Ruling
    #1160202 - 12/21/02 11:06 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

A country like the USA, where every desire and dream of the people has been fulfilled.  Everything that can be done has been done, now what is next?  The people no longer care for a president that will run their country.  Thats boring!  Their country is already the wealthiest in the world, and doesn't need more "management".  The people want excitement and adventure, but they dont have a clue how to get it, because they mistakenly assume it has to be taken from someone who is having fun.  The people want their dreams fulfilled, and for this they place their faith in George Bush.

George Bush has a very effective tactic in ruling the USA.  He's a big guy with lots of power!  He keeps the population afraid, not for their lives, but in fear of losing their toys.  He does this by keeping them focused on the subject of terrorism, by constantly reminding them of the threat of nuclear bombs, by making the USA an enemy of the world, by bombarding the media with pictures of "terrorist"-infested countries, demolished cities, rubble, impoverished homes.  This is the best way that Bush knows how to rule, and he is very effective at it.  He's a big smart guy with lots of power.

When you have people living in fear, you can do things that would be impossible if those people were happy.  They will let you take things from them, without even asking, by claiming that you need it in order to get them out of fear.  "Here, have my freedom, if it will stop terrorists, sure!"  People want out of the terrorist threat right NOW, not in 10 years.  Stop the terrorists now!

The sad truth is, terrorism won't go away for generations.  No one really cares about that fact, because its too scary to think about the truth.  The majority trembles so much from clutching their wallets tightly, they become unable to notice their rights slipping through their fingers.

One thing can be said for sure of Bush: he is doing a mediocre job at running the country.  A successful leader would run the country into prosperity, wealth, and happiness.  Bush is unable to do that.  Bush rules in fear because he himself is afraid.  He fears that he is a terrible president, and that the people will realize this and vote him out of office.  Lighten up Bush, you show promise!

The only way for Bush to get elected for a second term, is to create a situation that requires his continued leadership.  The simplest way to do this is cause lots of confusion.  For example "The Iraqi Suspense".  Picture Bush directing as much turmoil as he could solve in six years, and in two years, with half of the problems unsolved, the people will look to Bush to finish what he begun, and vote him back.  Sounds like a good strategy.

Do you see any long term goals for this war?  I don't.  After Iraq is taken over and their resources stolen, the army will still be unstoppable, so take some more.  And more.  And more!  Bush will not stop with Iraq.  Once he has won his war game, he will return once again to the reality of his own country.  The reality which is USA, to Bush, is boring.  Corporate scandals?  Welfare?  Drug war?  Who wants to deal with these old folk problems..  when its so much fun playing with armies, conquering and plundering!  George should have a copy of Civilization 3 to play with.

just kidding!  i love the USA and dubyah!  :grin:

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Edited by pattern (12/21/02 04:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
Loc: Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
Re: Country Ruling [Re: pattern]
    #1161259 - 12/22/02 12:11 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

That's an astute analysis of how the Bush Administration wields power I think. But how much of that stuff is actually necessary? The war on terrorism is real. In a lot of ways Bush is handling it pretty well. A lot remains to be seen though. There's an awful lot of what ifs?... Great post!

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1161265 - 12/22/02 12:27 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

The war on terrorism is the same old con as the cold war, the war on drugs etc etc. The key thing is to have a population so afraid of imaginary enemies they don't mind seeing their money pissed away to the rich while their own living standards are wrecked, wages driven down, unions destroyed etc.

If the people arn't distracted by fear they start asking "Hey, arn't you supposed to be running the country for us rather than multi-billion dollar corporations?".

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1161577 - 12/22/02 05:25 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

He's a big smart guy with lots of power.

So true dude, people seriously think he's dumb, but i think he's only playing dumb!!!

Here's what i think will happen in world War 3

First off lately there's been alot of dought with the iraq foreign policy's, i believe this is nessisary. What happen's if iraq, (or so they'll say) would use what bush call's is a sleeper nuke cell. Then when the next catastrophe happen's it will be like DON'T EVER DOUGHT BUSH. Its a game of faith in america and our current leaders. Once the mind's of this country's people is closed, then the REAL WARS START.

We will go to war with north korea (probibly) for deplomacy in that part of the world, see you have to understand this will be the war of wars. And if we are now part of the New World Order/One World Goverment then this goverment will attempt to take to world. Im willing to bet money that we WILL go to war with columbia, (the next vietnam) for many reasons, to control the land, drugs, and oil thats soo valueable in the part of the world, and for deplomacy reasons too. We will probibly go to war with saudia arabia then too. I see these three wars before 2005.

After this alien carnage, and then the return of what the people of the world will THNK IS christ, but is really the anti-christ.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Edited by johnnyfive (12/22/02 05:34 AM)

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Re: Country Ruling [Re: frogsheath]
    #1161596 - 12/22/02 05:33 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

> That's an astute analysis of how the Bush Administration wields power I think.
> But how much of that stuff is actually necessary? The war on terrorism is real.
> In a lot of ways Bush is handling it pretty well. A lot remains to be seen though.
> There's an awful lot of what ifs?... Great post!

Thanks!  :smile: I think the people have been shortchanged into believing that Bush can stop terrorism forever, with a few easy wars. 

The good side is, as you point out, George is doing pretty well.  Things could easily have been alot worse.  Unfortunately, the half-baked creation of numerous new anti-terrorist departments and laws, will leave alot of long-term scars on America. :frown:

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: Country Ruling [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1161630 - 12/22/02 05:45 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

Im willing to bet money that we WILL go to war with columbia, (the next vietnam) for many reasons, to control the land, drugs, and oil thats soo valueable in the part of the world, and for deplomacy reasons too. We will probibly go to war with saudia arabia then too.

Pinky...looks like you have another bet if you want to take it...

I also think that the U.S. wil take Saudi Arabia next...in the name of "destroying terrorism" of course. I'm sure it will happen in the new year....(at least that's the bet I have going)

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Edited by Rono (12/22/02 05:49 AM)

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Re: Country Ruling [Re: Rono]
    #1161867 - 12/22/02 08:00 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

> I also think that the U.S. wil take Saudi Arabia next

Why do you think that?

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: Country Ruling [Re: Rono]
    #1162894 - 12/22/02 04:05 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I really don't know about saudia arabia, it's just a guess.

Ok sorry i ment we will go to war with the FARC rebals of columbia, i didn't mean the country of columbia. COCAINE COCAINE

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: Country Ruling [Re: frogsheath]
    #1163553 - 12/22/02 10:43 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

The war on terrorism is real. In a lot of ways Bush is handling it pretty well.

He's handling it very bad. What do you think will do the relatives of "colateral damage" in Iraq?

Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
Loc: Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
Re: Country Ruling [Re: zeronio]
    #1163569 - 12/22/02 11:51 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Like I said, a lot remains to be seen. I'm not in favor of attacking Iraq, but I think Bush has played a pretty good game of hard poker with Sadaam so far. He gets what he wants --maybe not so good though. For the record I do not support the war on Iraq.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order