Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDoom
Rogue

Loc: ghost-train city
Re: What is more dangerous to America? Terrorists or Republicans? [Re: Phred]
    #4209896 - 05/23/05 02:18 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

WOOGA WOOGA BOOGA!

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: What is more dangerous to America? Terrorists or Republicans? [Re: Doom]
    #4214703 - 05/24/05 05:08 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Well, its nice to know I was banned for 24 hours for my views. Thanks to Wiccan_Seeker. I wasn't even warned once, and last I checked, Wiccan isn't even a mod of this forum.

Regardless, I stand by what I said. I had made a reply to Wiccan, but he banned me after replying to what I said, (very honorable), so I don't feel like retyping it.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: What is more dangerous to America? Terrorists or Republicans? [Re: looner2]
    #4221219 - 05/26/05 04:25 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

You deserved it.. Leave the hate speech to Rush, surely there are more intellectual ways to share your feelings without condemning innocent relatives of terrorists to death, not to mention any dark-skinned arab or muslim.. Btw, I, an American am chanting anti-Amerikan songs this moment.. As I plan a move out of this god-forsaken wasteland.

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

OfflineAsanteA
low dose - high adventure
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands Flag
Re: What is more dangerous to America? Terrorists or Republicans? [Re: looner2]
    #4221481 - 05/26/05 06:49 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I had made a reply to Wiccan, but he banned me after replying to what I said, (very honorable)

For the record: I did not ban you. What I did do however was use the "Inform a moderator" button that's at the bottom left of each post to inform the Pol & Act moderators of your post in case they missed it. I'm not going to ban someone for posts on a forum I am not a moderator of.

In the many months I'm a moderator I only once banned a single user, for a mere 24 hours, in my first week of modship and not once after that.

I tend to solve problems through edits and PM's but in this post, blatant advocacy of murdering every middle-eastern man woman and child for the crime of being in the same geographic location and of the same religion and ethnicity of some terrorists, I felt that reasoning would get nobody nowhere. I informed the local moderators, like any member could (and in this post's case should) and you got your ban.

This is not a democracy and there is no freedom of speech here, not for you and not for me.
Would you want islamic fundamentalists setting up camp here and start propagandizing? Would that be a good thing?
The same thing goes for what you call "your views" and which are the exact mirror image of the rabid middle east fundamentalism every sane man is opposed to.

If your view is advocating genocide it has no place on the Shroomery boards. And everybody seems to get that but you.

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :gold:  :silver:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI

personal Ethereum gifts w/o strings attached are very welcome at:
0x9e107aC7656A4b2Fc295Ef5157f06B8E313D7aFa    Ethereum?

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

Re: What is more dangerous to America? Terrorists or Republicans? [Re: Doom]
    #4222984 - 05/26/05 04:33 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Read about some hijackings and who's passports they looked for when deciding how to kill.

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

Re: What is more dangerous to America? Terrorists or Republicans? [Re: Ravus]
    #4331323 - 06/24/05 05:12 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
Fascism is cut from religious conservatism? If you're using fascism in the sense of Nazi German fascism, then that's completely wrong.

Hitler kept the guise of having religion in Nazi Germany because the people were religious and he knew the uselessness of trying to abolish Christianity all at once, but Jesus was a Jew, and Christianity is not a Nordic religion. The Nazis executed many priests and went completely against Christianity is most ways, so unless you're talking about some sort of religion in fascism unknowable to me, that part doesn't seem true.

And in fact, many of those who want to hold near-absolute power try to abolish religion so the people can put all that love towards the state and their leader. Look at many of the dictators throughout history and you'll find that religious conservatism doesn't lead to fascism or totalitarianism in most examples.

Do you really think the republicans really believe in Christianity? They use the religion in the same way as Hitler, to control stupid people.

OfflineBCBudJohn
Foolhardy

Loc: Victoria, BC, Canada
Re: What is more dangerous to America? Terrorists or Republicans? [Re: LSDempire]
    #4348311 - 06/28/05 11:26 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

This whole american system of feces, its demonstration and re-use is a bit suspicious as a democratic system.

All in favour of adding "the democrap and repoop system" to the poll, say I. Also, I believe to preserve a fair choice, i think Morrowind should also be a legitimate answer.

--------------------
Peace
John

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: What is more dangerous to America? Terrorists or Republicans? [Re: BCBudJohn]
    #4348476 - 06/28/05 11:59 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

you are right BCBUDJOHN

doom said:

"looner2+
do you actually think that *terrorists* just want to kill you because you are *american*

do you think its that simple? that people would dedicate their whole lives, and work their ass off just to kill someone because they carry an american passport? Wow, You`re strikingly dumb.

nah, sorry, nobody is that idiotic, my bad. "

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1077288,00.html

GHAITH ABDUL-AHAD / GETTY IMAGES FOR TIMEA 20-year-old Iraqi insurgent trained to become a suicide bomber.
From the Magazine | World

Inside the Mind of an Iraqi Suicide Bomber

IN A RARE INTERVIEW, A TERRORIST IN TRAINING REVEALS CHILLING SECRETS ABOUT THE INSURGENCY'S DEADLIEST WEAPONS

By APARISIM GHOSH / BAGHDAD
SUBSCRIBE TO TIMEPRINTE-MAILMORE BY AUTHORTIME Cover: Inside the Iraqi Insurgency
TIME Archive: The Enemy With Many Faces (2004)
TIME Archive: Meet the New Jihad (2004)

Posted Sunday, Jun. 26, 2005
One day soon, this somber young man plans to offer up a final prayer and then blow himself up along with as many U.S. or Iraqi soldiers as he can reach. Marwan Abu Ubeida says he has been training for months to carry out a suicide mission. He doesn't know when or where he will be ordered to climb into a bomb-laden vehicle or strap on an explosives-filled vest but says he is eager for the moment to come. While he waits, he spends much of his time rehearsing that last prayer. "First I will ask Allah to bless my mission with a high rate of casualties among the Americans," he says, speaking softly in a matter-of-fact monotone, as if dictating a shopping list. "Then I will ask him to purify my soul so I am fit to see him, and I will ask to see my mujahedin brothers who are already with him." He pauses to run the list through his mind again, then resumes: "The most important thing is that he should let me kill many Americans."

At 20, Marwan is already a battle-hardened insurgent, a jihadi foot soldier in Abu Mousab al-Zarqawi's terrorist group, al-Qaeda in Iraq. Like the bulk of insurgents, he is a Sunni Muslim from the former ruling minority community. In his hometown, Fallujah, he is known for his ferociousness in battle and deep religiosity. Marwan asked his commander to consider him for a suicide mission last fall but had to wait until the beginning of April for his name to be put on the list of volunteers. "When he finally agreed," Marwan recalls, "it was the happiest day of my life." There are, he says, scores of names on that list, and it can be months before a volunteer is assigned an operation. But at the current high rate of attacks, Marwan hopes he will be called up soon. "I can't wait," he says, rubbing his thumbs with his fingers in nervous energy. "I am ready to die now."

Among the embittered population of Iraq, it's not hard to find young men who talk the terrorist talk, boasting of their willingness to serve as human bombs. It's hard to judge the speakers' sincerity. But the latest surge of suicide operations proves there is no scarcity of volunteers to become the most lethal weapon Iraq's insurgents have. Since May 1, Iraq has witnessed at least 129 suicide attacks, accounting for several of the estimated 150 U.S. fatalities during this period, including as many as six soldiers killed in an attack of their convoy near Fallujah last week. Most of the 1,200 Iraqis killed by insurgents since May 1 have died in suicide bombings. And yet, despite the frequency and deadliness of their attacks, almost nothing is known about individual bombers. Their identities have rarely been revealed and then only posthumously, on jihadist websites or carefully edited videotapes aimed at promoting the insurgent cause and attracting fresh recruits. Among the few who have been named, most are foreigners, many from Saudi Arabia.

"He doesn't know when or where he will be ordered to climb into a bomb-laden vehicle or strap on an explosives-filled vest but says he is eager for the moment to come."

"First I will ask Allah to bless my mission with a high rate of casualties among the Americans," he says, speaking softly in a matter-of-fact monotone, as if dictating a shopping "

Like them, Marwan works Koranic allusions into his speech. He has also embraced the jihadist worldview of one global Islamic state where there is, in Marwan's words, "no alcohol, no music and no Western influences." He concedes that he has not thought deeply about what life might be like in such a state; after all, he doesn't expect to live long enough to experience it. Besides, he says, he fights first for Islam, second to become a "martyr" and win acceptance into heaven, and only third for control of his country. "The first step is to remove the Americans from Iraq," he says. "After we have achieved that, we can work out the other details."

doom......

I "do you actually think that *terrorists* just want to kill you because you are *american*"

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: What is more dangerous to America? Terrorists or Republicans? [Re: lonestar2004]
    #4349250 - 06/29/05 03:16 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

It didn't start because they arbitrarily chose to hate Americans. Notice, they had solid reasons to hate America, and now are taking that out on the American soldiers.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: What is more dangerous to America? Terrorists or Republicans? [Re: Ravus]
    #4349731 - 06/29/05 09:04 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Ravus writes:

Quote:

It didn't start because they arbitrarily chose to hate Americans. Notice, they had solid reasons to hate America...

Sure. Music, alcohol, and Western influence, to name just three. To that short list he could have added the American reverence of rule of the people (democracy) rather than Allah, the whorishness and brazenness of American women, the fact that American clerics marry gays rather than stone them...

Phred

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #4349738 - 06/29/05 09:10 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:
Sure. Music, alcohol, and Western influence, to name just three. To that short list he could have added the American reverence of rule of the people (democracy) rather than Allah, the whorishness and brazenness of American women, the fact that American clerics marry gays rather than stone them...

Phred

Funny how you completely fail to mention America's decades-long history of fighting proxy wars or generally meddling about in the affairs of Middle Eastern nations.

I'm not saying that the things you mentioned are not some of the reasons the terrorists are using...but certainly you realize they aren't the only reasons.

Reality is a bit more complicated than "they hate our freedom". :rolleyes:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: What is more dangerous to America? Terrorists or Republicans? [Re: trendal]
    #4349788 - 06/29/05 09:46 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

The 'splodeydope profiled in the article didn't mention any of that stuff, did he? Kinda gives you an idea the hierarchy of grievances the most dangerous members of the Religion of Peace adhere to, doesn't it?

Phred

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #4349929 - 06/29/05 11:12 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

It also said he was only 20 years old, meaning he wasn't even alive for a lot of the meddling that the US has done in the area. He grew up in the results of said meddling.

Don't confuse a symptom with a cause.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#4350253 - 06/29/05 01:21 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

You believe the madrassas teach what they do as a result of US meddling? Okay then.

Phred

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#4350416 - 06/29/05 01:57 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think anything is the result of a single, easily-definable event.

The current situation in the Mid East is the result of a multitude of forces and events, and cannot be boiled down to something simple like "the madrassas" or "they hate our freedom".

Anything less is an over-simplified view of reality.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#4350448 - 06/29/05 02:08 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not talking about "the current situation in the Middle East". I'm talking about why Islamofascist 'splodeydopes want to kill Americans. The young feller profiled in the article did a pretty succinct job explaining why he wanted to. He's repeating the RoP party line pretty much word for word.

Phred

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#4350499 - 06/29/05 02:23 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Nit-picking :rolleyes:

When you stop pointing to the symptom while screaming "DISEASE!", I think we can have a productive discussion about why these "Islamofascist 'splodeydopes" exist and want to kill Americans. Until then, I can't see a point.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#4350578 - 06/29/05 02:44 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I've told you why they exist. They exist because the Religion of Peace is not a "gets-along-well-with-the-other-kids" religion. It never has been and as long as the words of Mohammed (peace be upon him) form the basis for islam it never will be.

These are the same people who are still seething over the loss of al Andaluz (Spain) more than half a millenium ago -- the same people who were all for beheading Jews centuries before there was an entity known as Israel and even before there was an entity known as the United States of America which would eventually end up supporting Israel.

They don't like the idea of people governing themselves -- that's Allah's job. They don't like the idea of women... well... of women doing anything at all, really. They sure don't like the idea of guys doing homo stuff. Or playing music. Or shaving their faces. Or drinking alcohol.

Plenty of religions have some fairly bizarre doctrines; Islam is not alone in that. But there's not a whole lot of others out there who get so pissed off at things they don't like that they exhort their young to go out there and blow up people standing in lines at bus stops (Muslim people at that) along with themselves. That's pretty much a RoP patented schtick.

Do you honestly believe that if the US were to cease all aid to Israel tomorrow, take every last soldier out of Turkey and Iraq and Afghanistan next week, the 'splodeydopes would quit?

As if.

Phred

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#4350667 - 06/29/05 03:09 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Do you honestly believe that if the US were to cease all aid to Israel tomorrow, take every last soldier out of Turkey and Iraq and Afghanistan next week, the 'splodeydopes would quit?

No, don't be silly.

Simple withdrawl is proably not enough to atone for decades of mistreatment.

As far as Islam goes....you are aware that the version of Islam being used/taught by the terrorists was a fringe version until events in the last 50 years pushed it to the forefront, aren't you?

Or are you suggesting that everyone who follows Islam is a "terrorist splodeydope"?

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#4351073 - 06/29/05 04:59 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

trendal writes:

Quote:

Simple withdrawl is proably not enough to atone for decades of mistreatment.

You must have meant to type, " for 'decades' of perceived mistreatment," surely, since the US has never actually mistreated any Muslim country and certainly hasn't mistreated any individual Muslims.

But let me pursue this a bit further -- are you saying that the 'splodeydopes and their masters are still owed a few free shots at the US for supposed past "injustices"? How many free shots? What do you feel should be the time limit on this "free shot season"?

Quote:

As far as Islam goes....you are aware that the version of Islam being used/taught by the terrorists was a fringe version until events in the last 50 years pushed it to the forefront, aren't you?

If by that do you mean am I aware there were less widespread atrocities being committed by Muslims worldwide before Arafat taught them how to hijack airliners and blow themselves up, yes I am aware of that. Are you aware that technology and the way things are done in the world has changed a lot in the last half century? No jet airliners fifty years ago, for example. Not much Semtex either.

But there has never been a shortage of Muslims willing to behead infidels. The fact that they have become more efficient at taking out mass quantities of infidels simultaneously doesn't alter that.

Quote:

Or are you suggesting that everyone who follows Islam is a "terrorist splodeydope"?

Everyone? Nope.

Phred

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

General Interest >> Political Discussion