Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

i don't like many people
    #759062 - 07/19/02 11:12 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i dunno about you guys, but a majority of people just fucking piss me off or make me feel sad because they are so dumb........yeah cos most of them can't make decissions for themselves or think on their own......they depend on acceptance of a big group
i find that sad
it makes me not wanna ever be friends with those kinda people cos i'll do somehting to piss off their group and then they'll not like me just cos their group can't accpet it ahahaha
man people are just dumb

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecroftsk
cupcake

Re: i don't like many people [Re: ]
    #759126 - 07/19/02 11:32 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i totally agree. That is the main reason why i dont go out to often - because most people are ignorant fools full of hate that would do anything just to 'fit in'

--------------------
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes.
You are free. - Jim Morrison

Anonymous

Re: i don't like many people [Re: croftsk]
    #759165 - 07/19/02 11:43 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

LOL YES
i never leave thee house
unless it's to cause mindless destruction

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #759167 - 07/19/02 11:44 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I know what you mean...
But most people on an individual basis are not as stupid as you might think. Most people put on masks when they're around groups of people.

As Nietzsche once said:
"Insanity in individuals is something rare; but in groups, parties, and nations it is the rule."

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: i don't like many people [Re: croftsk]
    #759183 - 07/19/02 11:48 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

You all should think about what you're saying.
That is the main reason why i dont go out to often
You're letting "them" get to you. You're allowing "them" a little piece of your freedom. Fuck that. Get in their faces. Show "them" how "weird" you are at all times. Hell, I made up this game to help you hone your skills. I'll post it next.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: i don't like many people [Re: Sclorch]
    #759190 - 07/19/02 11:51 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Freakin? Out the Squares Game Player:
? 2002 Sclorch

Freakee?s Reaction Points

Bewilderment factor
0 1 2 3 4 5

Anger (10 = physical fight)
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Intentional Ignortion (ignoring you) level
0 1 2 3 4 5

Discomfort (restlessness, nausea, ear bleeding)
0 1 2 3 4 5

Sneering
0 1 2 3 4 5

Enjoyment (laughter, joining in/playing along)
0 1 2 3 4 5

Location Choice
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Timing
0 1 2 3 4 5

Variation
0 1 2 3 4 5

Originality
0 1 2 3 4 5

Improvisational Skill
0 1 2 3 4 5

Crackup Level (Freaker laughs/ falls out of character during performance)
-5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0

Dickness level
-5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0 1 2 3 4 5

How Funny?
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Overall Performance Level
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

10 pts added to score if other players laugh/interrupt
2 pts if threatened to have cops called (3 more pts if cops actually ARE called)

Total Score:

--------------------

OfflineReeferMan

Loc: wonderland
    #759213 - 07/19/02 12:01 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I agree with your statment completely. It seems that people are taught to depend on everybody else these days instead of being independent. I think it is sad however that this has become the norm in our culture. Granted i am only 20 years old, and still have a lot of learning to do in life. But i look at my good friends who i dont even see anymore on my own choice because i cant stand the attitudes they have. It seems like they are all ignorant as to what is out there. And it is hard for me to relate to people that cant be on their own once in a while. I have lived by myself since i was 17 and i love it. To me being independent is freedom from everything. I can do what i want when i want and i can go wherever i want whenever i want. Just last month i got fed up with everyone here packed my shit up and drove 24 hours on more drugs than i can remember to New Orleans for 3 days rented a hotel room and partied on Bourbon street with total strangers that i had met. I wish my friends could have been there but their lack of common knowledge and independent skills would have just bound me down and i am glad i went alone. To me it seems that if i want to have a good time i need to get away from the big groups as you said and experience life on my own. I honestly think the most relaxing thing in the world is sitting on my porch at my aprtement smoke a jay and throw on some peter tosh with a six pack and unplug the phone. Or drive to the mountains and go camping and shrooming by myself. I would have to say i too do not like people that much.

"One Love" - BOB MARLEY

--------------------
The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.

~Confucius (551-479 B.C.) Confucian Analects

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #759271 - 07/19/02 12:30 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I don't like many people, because not many people like me.

--------------------

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #759315 - 07/19/02 12:45 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I have a slightly different view point, I totally understand your points and they are quite valid, but the difference with me is that I actually met people (only 3 in my life) who are really worth sociallizing with! *gasp*. I remember at school last month, I met this guy Shawn who I've seen around but never really talked to. And one lunch period we kinda ended up sitting beside each other and we started chatting non-stop about everything man, philosophy, girls, consciousness...things you don't normally talk to people about. Time went by so fast. It was one of those refreshing conversations you thought you can never have with another person.

I hope this post gives you some indication that there are humans out there who are worth meeting, but if yer shutting yourself off from the world, you'll never find em.

Anonymous

Re: i don't like many people [Re: chodamunky]
    #759339 - 07/19/02 01:00 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i click with people like that someitmes
i ahve friends that i've had since i was knee high
i wanna keep it that way cos these are my true friends and all the experience of had with my "newer friends" has ended up bad like them stealing stuff from me and fist fights and stuff
it sucks

Offlinehazybluestar
~*Princess*~
Loc: south
    #759352 - 07/19/02 01:07 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i used to be such a people person. i really enjoyed meeting new people. until they all stabbed me in the back! heh. now i have maybe 3 or 4 really close friends. sometimes i wish i never had to leave the house because there are a lot of ignorant people in the world today. it makes me sad sometimes

Anonymous

Re: i don't like many people [Re: hazybluestar]
    #760002 - 07/19/02 07:00 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

people are strange when your a stranger...........ahahaha

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #760054 - 07/19/02 07:19 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i dunno about you guys, but a majority of people just fucking piss me off or make me feel sad

Try not to react the following statement, but drink it in deeply BEFORE you respond. This is a REAL key to spiritual evolution.

NO ONE pisses you off or MAKES you feel sad. These are reactions that you have subconsciously chosen. You are free to unchoose them at anytime, but you must first take responsibility and stop looking "out there".

You think that you are making a statement about others, but you are only revealing your inability to stay centered when another does not meet your expectations.

Master this one thing and you will go further than years of tripping, meditation and book study.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineTrUmAs
Stranger
    #760144 - 07/19/02 07:51 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

whats sad is the nsync and britney spears generation that is so shelterd and weak minded...the "ME" people....when the shit hits the fan they will be the first to go

Anonymous

Re: i don't like many people [Re: Swami]
    #760177 - 07/19/02 07:58 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Good point Swami

I would like to add, we are only disgusted by others... by that which we are disgusted by in ourselves.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: i don't like many people [Re: TrUmAs]
    #760501 - 07/19/02 09:45 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Trumas- trends come and go... I bet there was someone like you spouting out the same shit about the New Kids on the Block. IMHO we seem to have survived all that nonsense. Most youngin's will grow out of the dancing-dipshits fever and attribute it to teenage stupidity. I think this particular trend is on the outs... more rock bands are surfacing... they'll be cool, then they'll all sell out and make Pepsi commercials too... then something else will become trendy and push that aside... it's a continuous cycle that lines the pockets of record companies.

--------------------

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #760549 - 07/19/02 10:05 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i think i have more of a disappointment towards a lot of people because they are so caught up in their lives and blind to a lot of what i see. its this reason i don't like socializing with a lot of people. shroomites are a nice and diverse crowd who tend to be more open minded than the average war-mongering, g dubya supporting, britney spears fans.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: i don't like many people [Re: Eightball]
    #760627 - 07/19/02 10:42 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

hink i have more of a disappointment towards a lot of people because they are so caught up in their lives and blind to a lot of what i see.
Huh? Other people should be more aware of how you perceive the world? Get off your egocentric high horse. Why don't you become more aware of how they view the world. Judge not...

this reason i don't like socializing with a lot of people. shroomites are a nice and diverse crowd who tend to be more open minded than the average war-mongering, g dubya supporting, britney spears fans.
And how do you know that a Tool or Phish or Pink Floyd fan is more spiritually advanced than a Britney Spears fan? This is pure arrogance and is extremely close-minded.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Loc: Earth
    #760660 - 07/19/02 11:16 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I can see where a lot of you are comming from, but guess what - that's life. There has always been and there always will be people that you can relate to and people you can't. But, like mentioned in a previous post, you can't just assume that everyone out there is going to be the sort of person you can't relate to and shut yourself off from society in general because of it. Interresting people are all over the place, and rarely are they open about philisophical view points and other stuff of that nature right off the bat. No one wants to get into that sort of a conversation unless they feel it's not going to be one-sided. Why would anyone even want to wast their breath on someone that's not going to participate? (imagine if you will trying to discuss the underlying workings of the universe with a three year old, and I'm sure you'll see what I'm trying to say here) The point is that you can't judge a book by it's cover. Sometimes the most intellectual people are the people you'd leaste expect.

Aside from that though is the fact that when you are actually willing to discuss anything with anyone, you can learn vast amounts of information by doing little more then listening and observing. Most of what I've learned in life wasn't from a text book or a deep theological discussion or something else of that nature - most of my knowledge comes from watching others and learning from their examples. Even the most boring conversationalist and the most shallow of individuals can have the most interresting lifestyles. Instead of worring so much about how engulfing a situation is or how intelligent someone seems, try to imagine why they turned out the way they did and what exactly makes them who they are. Put yourself in their shoes for a little bit and think about what it would be like to live a day in their life. You might just be surprized at how much more interresting they become once you have a better grasp of what they're like underneath the visage they show to the world.

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #760666 - 07/19/02 11:33 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Huh? Other people should be more aware of how you perceive the world? Get off your egocentric high horse. Why don't you become more aware of how they view the world. Judge not...
And how do you know that a Tool or Phish or Pink Floyd fan is more spiritually advanced than a Britney Spears fan? This is pure arrogance and is extremely close-minded.

oh my god swami, you figured me out! i am an egocentric guy on a high horse judging all the stupid people of the world. get a fucking clue man. MY WAY of looking at the world doesn't cause wars, suffering, racism, poverty and any other socially constructed FUCK UP. MY WAY is being tolerant of people and trying to percieve a situation with regard to people's feelings and opinions. people who follow blindly to the beat of the GW war drums are FUCKING STUPID and are worthless as individuals because they don't analyze the world from a human viewpoint but rather the american viewpoint and those people would rather do whats easiest and agree with those who make the decisions that control them. i might be sabatoging my own argument with the tone of this but come on man, don't be picking apart something i say and putting words into my mouth/text to somehow craft your argument.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

Edited by Eightball (07/19/02 11:44 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale