Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
Loc: It's all in your head...
Re: Independent Verification [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1880559 - 09/04/03 08:04 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Quote:

MindTrap said:
What should we do in the event that a supported belief is not available to account for our experience?

Then we don't make up a belief to explain it, as we have no way of knowing what is really going on...
Peace.

Honestly Fireworks-God I am getting sick of your passive agressive attempts at confrontation. You seem especially adept at agreeing with me while at the same time spinning your replies as though they were in contention with my own beliefs. Please show me where I have tried to promote a specific belief in this thread? My argument is based on anecdotal evidence, not the contrived belief systems that revolve around them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
Re: Independent Verification [Re: MindTrap]
    #1880574 - 09/04/03 08:14 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Is it me or is Rhizoid the only individual here who is capable of debating this subject without politicking? I suspect that several of you "experts" are secretly positioning yourselves for that next moderator position.

Do I need remind you that this is a public forum entitled "Spirituality and Philosophy". Where exactly did the spirituality run off to? Perhaps this forum should be re titled as the majority of the population do not share your interpretation of the word.

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
    #1880579 - 09/04/03 08:18 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Isn't this cute, I got a rating. Gee wiz...

Drastically... () by Sclorch [08.31.03 10:14am]

...approaching stupidity.

edited by Sclorch on 09.02.03 at 01:11pm

You are an idiot. Your education is apparently wasted on you. Anyone here who does not have their head firmly planted up your ass will see this as clear as day. I shouldn't need to remind you about professional etiquette. Perhaps you should check your ego at the door.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1880616 - 09/04/03 08:52 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I would disagree! Who is the one with the $1,000,000.00 up for grabs? James Randi is as much a sensationalist as Uri Gellar ever was. Your dogged loyalty to these spoon fed text book ideas appear very similar to religious faith to me.

Funny how it seems impossible for you to stay on track. You changed the word "defrauded" to sensationalist as if they had the same meaning.

James Randi defrauded no one, but Uri Geller sure did.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1880619 - 09/04/03 08:53 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Isn't this cute, I got a rating. Gee wiz...

This thread is NOT about ratings feedback, now is it? Try a PM...

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1880631 - 09/04/03 09:00 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

First you ask if I have $10,000 to wager, which I do! That is not good enough so you add:

Honestly if anyone were able to produce the consistent results that you demand they certainly wouldn't waste their time with your pitifull $10,000.00 when they could go for the big money. I know I wouldn't.
If $10,000 is so pitiful, then it should be an easy wager for you.

You stated that you COULD produce repeatable Ouija Board results, now you say that you can't else you would have claimed the $1,000,000. WHICH IS IT, MAN?

And what do you mean you don't care about those guys?
I was having a conversation with you about results YOU CLAIMED you could repeat, then you go off on a typical tangent about others. A.D.D.?

Let's not ignore these facts just because they are inconvenient or they might place into question your apparently godly wisdom.
Has nothing to do with ignoring other evidence. You were going to show me by spooking me with a paranormal event, remember? Go back and reread your own posts.

--------------------

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
Re: Independent Verification [Re: Swami]
    #1880639 - 09/04/03 09:06 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

You seem so intent on righting the wrongs of these charletans as if it has affected you deeply. What exactlly is the story with that?

Do you consider yourself a Christ like figure as well? Perhaps a saviour for those poor gullible souls who have been victimized by a fraud in the name of spirituality? If so then you are no better than those frauds who have deluded themselves into believing they were somehow enlightened.

Or perhaps your were that gullible victim. It certainly would explain your blatant disdain for anything even associated with the concept of spirit. A concept which you can neither prove nor disprove.

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
    #1880641 - 09/04/03 09:07 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

You stated that you COULD produce repeatable Ouija Board results, now you say that you can't else you would have claimed the $1,000,000. WHICH IS IT, MAN?

Name your criteria.

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
    #1880660 - 09/04/03 09:17 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Has nothing to do with ignoring other evidence. You were going to show me by spooking me with a paranormal event, remember? Go back and reread your own posts.

Please show me...

Putting words in my mouth is one thing. Basing arguments on those words is something else. I have reiterated my arguments several times. You apparently have not had the balls to read my messages through. My argument was simple. You interpreted it how you wanted to intrepret it.

Let me reiterate AGAIN. You argued that spiritual beliefs were based on "cultural myths". I retorted with evidence for independant verification.

Now that's not good enough. Now you want me to come over to your house and prove these things to you in person. If it were that easy to produce consistant results which would be convincing to those not involved then there would be no debate. This is obvious. Your challenge is meaningless in light of this fact. As I stated earlier we are not dealing in absolutes. This is the borderlands of experience we're debating.

But please state your criteria. I'm am interested in what exactlly it would take to prove this to you. Perhaps it is possible.

And don't be obnoxious. $10,000.00 is nothing compared to the $1,000,000.00 up for grabs. Even you can see that.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1880690 - 09/04/03 09:28 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

You seem so intent on righting the wrongs of these charletans as if it has affected you deeply. What exactlly is the story with that?
The story? Should we not protect children from predators, seniors from robbery or should there be no laws whatsoever? I play poker here in Vegas. If I see soemone cheating another is it NOT also my business to rid these vermin from the game? If you believe in law and caring for one another, then why does it irk you so if I try to expose fraud?

Do you consider yourself a Christ like figure as well? Perhaps a saviour for those poor gullible souls who have been victimized by a fraud in the name of spirituality?
I am a member of society, capische? If you were being beaten on the street, I would intervene. Empathy is Christ-like; is that wrong in your opinion? Is apathy your preferred path?

If so then you are no better than those frauds who have deluded themselves into believing they were somehow enlightened.
You lost me here, bro... Attempting to stop crime is NOT the same as perpetrating crime, now is it?

Or perhaps your were that gullible victim. It certainly would explain your blatant disdain for anything even associated with the concept of spirit. A concept which you can neither prove nor disprove.
One more time with the arm-chair psychoanalysis... This is only about the hundredth time, but MT feels he is uniquely in this regard. This is the typical retort when the believer's arguments all fall flat.

If prayer works it can be demonstrated.

If a UFO crashed at Roswell with acres of debris, there would be evidence.

If John Edward could contact the dead, then he would not have to ask cold-reading questions.

If the CIA was successful at remote-viewing, then would we not still be looking for Osama and Saddam.

And on and on we go - you pick the topic. I rarely use the word "spirit", but you stick that in there frequently as if it were what was being discussed. Top 5%? Strawman? Tangent?

--------------------

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
    #1880708 - 09/04/03 09:36 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

And on and on we go - you pick the topic. I rarely use the word "spirit", but you stick that in there frequently as if it were what was being discussed. Top 5%? Strawman? Tangent?

No. You picked the topic. You mean to tell me I'm off on a tangent to discuss spirit in a debate about spirituality?

I am a member of society, capische? If you were being beaten on the street, I would intervene. Empathy is Christ-like; is that wrong in your opinion? Is apathy your preferred path?

You find my opinions so offensive because you are a member of society? Please show me the correlation. Am I attempting to defraud anyone here? Who made you judge and jury? Leave that to the experts.

Even James Randi has admitted that more research needs to be done in the field of parapsycholgy. I have witnessed him say this. Why are you so closed-minded to the prospect? There must be more to it than altruism.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1880738 - 09/04/03 09:47 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

*Red Alert! Reading comprehension overload! Red Alert!*
You find my opinions so offensive because you are a member of society?

I sincerely hope this your attempt at humor.

--------------------

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
    #1880747 - 09/04/03 09:51 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Right! More personal attacks. You my friend are an idiot who is incapable of carrying on a civilized debate in a gentlemanly manner. If you think that is funny then reread your comment. It was rediculous.

5%? Strawman? Tangent?

Get a grip man. You are far from perfect.

Shall we get back to the debate at hand or would you like to exchange insults some more?

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
    #1880751 - 09/04/03 09:52 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

If you think you are man enough then I challenge you to an IQ test.

We'll call it the MindTrap $10.00 challenge. $10.00 because that's all I have in my wallet at the moment.

Edited by MindTrap (09/04/03 10:01 AM)

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
    #1880776 - 09/04/03 10:05 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

You are starting to lose steam, Mindtrap.

Swami may be a bit dismissive in his arguements, but you are beginning to sound like a drowning man. Don't take it so personally.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
Re: Independent Verification [Re: sirreal]
    #1880792 - 09/04/03 10:10 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I take personal attacks very personally. Perhaps you are a better man than me, but I doubt it.

The fact is Swami refuses to debate the arguement at hand. Instead he has resorted to bullying me by attacking my intelligence and accusing me of gullibility, which I might add is not relevant to this debate.

I might further add that your own previous comments were thick with sarcasm. Based on this, I have very little regard for your opinion in this matter. It certainly isn't objective.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1880801 - 09/04/03 10:13 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

First Mind_Trap complains of:
Are we measuring penis lengths here to?

Then Mind_Trap wants to compare lengths:
If you think you are man enough I challenge you to an IQ test.

Oh, boy! How can I turn down that schoolyard challenge? Let's degenerate this thread all the way down to the primal level shall we?

Alright then, let's spell the word that means absurd, preposterous, or silly.

You go first:
This is rediculous .

Ok now, my turn.
ridiculous

Alright then, let's spell the word that means also; in addition to

Your turn:
Are we measuring penis lengths here to ?

Ok now, my turn.
too

Check your PM for where to send the $10 check. :smile: Thank you for playing.

*shroomism locks thread at this point*

--------------------

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
    #1880805 - 09/04/03 10:14 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

So you are up to the challenge then?

Name it! Or are you a fraud? Taking stabs at my unedited spelling mistakes is a pitifull diversionary tactic.

You have proven yourself a fool. If you are half as intelligent as you claim to be then you will take me up on my challenge.

And please Shroomism lock the thread for the sake of poor Swami's ego.

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
    #1880810 - 09/04/03 10:16 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MindTrap said:I might further add that your own previous comments were thick with sarcasm. Based on this, I have very little regard for your opinion in this matter. It certainly isn't objective.

You are a crybaby, Mindtrap.

I was joking around with fireworks god, that is all.

I agree with some of what you said.

I agree with most of what swami said.Personal remarks aside.

I read this thread all the way through and it seems it was you that became defensive and ruined this thread.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
Re: Independent Verification [Re: sirreal]
    #1880813 - 09/04/03 10:18 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I read this thread all the way through and it seems it was you that became defensive and ruined this thread.

Fair enough. I expect no less.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom