Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Do you think God experiences existential anxiety?
    #6735728 -

I realize to even attribute thinking or experiencing anxiety to God is an anthropomorphic type of thing to do, and is really out of the question anyway, but I simply am talking in a relative manner. Do you think God, in it's own way, experiences some form of existential anxiety?

"How am I here, why am I here, what is my reality?", etc. Even the absolute unmanifest might have these questions. I realize a "when did I first start existing" question might not be applicable in a realm where time does not exist. But you know what I'm getting at. I'm just wondering and thinking out loud. What do you guys think?


--------------------
Loving in truth, and fain in verse my love to show, That the dear She might take some pleasure of my pain: Pleasure might cause her read, reading might make her know, Knowledge might pity win, and pity grace obtain.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you think God experiences existential anxiety? [Re: jonathanseagull]
    #6735852 -

I think that everyone is working toward a greater good whether we want it to or not. I believe that everyone is connected to one main source which is God; and all of our(human beings) experiences strengthen and teach that source(God). I think he is curious and wants to see everything from as many points of view as possible and he feels our pain because we are/of him.

So in a way I think He is trying to better understand everything else by creating us.
Maybe is just realized It was and realized the power of creative energy and we are just an outcome of It trying to figure itself out to the fullest extent. We're one of It's many dreams perhaps?


--------------------


Edited by DR. PRIME (04/01/07 07:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you think God experiences existential anxiety? [Re: DR. PRIME]
    #6735884 -

Perhaps^

When I typed this, I wasn't considering a pantheistic idea of God, because then it would definitely experience existential angst, because I and many others do. I really was considering an external being. But I don't guess I can really confine it like that. I agree, my personal idea of God would experience anxiety because we do, but my idea of God is more panentheistic... so what about the external part?


--------------------
Loving in truth, and fain in verse my love to show, That the dear She might take some pleasure of my pain: Pleasure might cause her read, reading might make her know, Knowledge might pity win, and pity grace obtain.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you think God experiences existential anxiety? [Re: DR. PRIME]
    #6735888 -

really interesting question

I would venture to say no, given that technically, it IS ultimate reality.

Therefore, it seems illogical for reality to question its own reality. Reality's reality?

Plus, as you mentioned, I think our questioning arises from the fact that we know we haven't always existed, and know we will not exist forever --- notions rooted in the conception of time. Time is meaningless in its realm.

Though I feel your intuition that it seems any conscious and knowing being must be in possession of that question and have the ability to consider it.


btw, I'm a strong agnostic, and strongly doubt the existence of god. just an interesting question to ponder regardless

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you think God experiences existential anxiety? [Re: Continuum]
    #6735945 -

I don't think of God as having human emotions...that seems strange to me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you think God experiences existential anxiety? [Re: jonathanseagull]
    #6736354 -

i see anxiety as separation from god. when i am anxious god does not flow all through me, i need to meditate and clear the blockage. and what is your definition of "god" anyway? it is only a concept in your mind, to really know god is to experience everything as energy, and to realize the higher frequencies of vibration we can tune ourselves into. raising ourselves in consciousness is being able to understand god... not as a concept or "other" with human qualities, but as something we are a part of and constantly evolving with.

like the above poster stated, it is far fetched to say that this "god", so uncomprehensible by the mind could experience mere human feelings.


--------------------

Strive to be more than a codified manifestation of a generalized technological consciousness

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you think God experiences existential anxiety? [Re: jonathanseagull]
    #6736413 -

I am God, so to answer your question, yes, I'm often plagued with existential anxiety.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you think God experiences existential anxiety? [Re: it stars saddam]
    #6736602 -

^^ I'd say your wearing a devil mask, which is giving you feelings of anxiety. Take off the mask, realize emptiness and space, feel bliss and god.


--------------------

Strive to be more than a codified manifestation of a generalized technological consciousness

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you think God experiences existential anxiety? [Re: jonathanseagull]
    #6736611 -

Silly. God is not an Old Bearded Guy in the Sky. You should get some sleep.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you think God experiences existential anxiety? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #6736666 -

I mean if the tip of the tree has the job of steering the ship, then white knuckle driving seems possible. Especially with these monkeys spinning like a top. But hey, thats how we like it. Organized CHAOS. Keeps the computer in tip top. Bob and weave, stick and move.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you think God experiences existential anxiety? [Re: backfromthedead]
    #6736669 -

Word salad?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you think God experiences existential anxiety? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #6736679 -

Tends to move it in spheres as opposed to long drawn out 'paths'. 2000 years?? Damn, thats heavy. How many pages was that book?? Exactly.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you think God experiences existential anxiety? [Re: backfromthedead]
    #6736866 -

222

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you think God experiences existential anxiety? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #6737361 -

Or 666, whatever works.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you think God experiences existential anxiety? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #6737791 -

MarkostheGnostic said:
Silly. God is not an Old Bearded Guy in the Sky. You should get some sleep.



Everybody is acting like they didn't read the very first sentence I typed.


--------------------
Loving in truth, and fain in verse my love to show, That the dear She might take some pleasure of my pain: Pleasure might cause her read, reading might make her know, Knowledge might pity win, and pity grace obtain.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you think God experiences existential anxiety? [Re: jonathanseagull]
    #6737904 -

jonathanseagull said:
I realize to even attribute thinking or experiencing anxiety to God is an anthropomorphic type of thing to do, and is really out of the question anyway, but I simply am talking in a relative manner.  Do you think God, in it's own way, experiences some form of existential anxiety?


If indeed God experiences some form of existential anxiety, it is quite likely that We are It.  :tongue:


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you think God experiences existential anxiety? [Re: jonathanseagull]
    #6738031 -

god just flows :salmon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you think God experiences existential anxiety? [Re: jonathanseagull]
    #6738873 -

Hey, the only faculty that I have that comes close to apprehending God is my Intuition. Thinking, Feeling and Sensing don't do it. I sometimes think of myself like Patty Duke's portrayal of Helen Keller before she realized the connection between Anne Sullivan's hand-pressing language and objects in the enviornment - dead, dumb and blind. Once in a while, a synchronicity, howsoever minor, awakens me to the Intuition that God interfaces, or can interface with us in personal ways like providing something, howsoever small, just when one needs it. This sort of thing has happened to me a few times this week, and twice, my own anxiety was allayed. If anything, God alleviates anxiety in my human beinghood. I cannot Know anything of God outside of the effects that I attribute to a 'special' or superabundance of Presence beyond the Omniscience. Anything 'in' or 'of' God would be Eternal in my theoretical understanding, and Eternal Anxiety sounds like Hell to me.


--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you think God experiences existential anxiety? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #6738924 -

God alleviates anxiety

This supports my ideas on the usefulness of the idea of God.:thumbup:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you think God experiences existential anxiety? [Re: jonathanseagull]
    #6739218 -

The Big Bang was God going insane when he realized there was no one else here. Wrote a sci-fi story to this effect when I was nine.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* is tripping a cure for existential anxiety? Malachi 1,447 15 05/14/03 08:51 AM
by CosmicJoke
* Are some people not meant to believe in god?
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 2,520 31 06/03/03 10:06 AM
by Evolving
* Experience of the Divine Sole_Worthy 2,443 19 07/22/03 01:40 PM
by Azmodeus
* Do You Believe In God?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
EffedS 7,249 92 09/08/03 09:58 AM
by Clover
* Prayer Experiement !! MAGIC !!!! READ THIS !!!!!!!!
( 1 2 all )
lucid 3,432 35 09/25/03 08:37 AM
by lucid
* God, what to even say this is about? fireworks_godS 1,294 18 08/13/03 03:45 PM
by fireworks_god
* Dass, LSD, Omniscience, Truth, Experience
( 1 2 all )
World Spirit 4,771 34 07/18/03 08:26 AM
by MarkostheGnostic
* Do u Believe, in an unconditional loving God ?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
lucid 11,396 74 09/25/03 05:08 PM
by ska8ball

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
3,985 topic views. 3 members, 3 guests and 15 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 18 queries.