Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Magick + datura related question
    #6230046 -

I'm doing a ritual tonight, and I was planning on taking a fair amount of acid to facilitate trance, but now I'm considering taking a very, very, very, small amount of dried datura seeds as well.

I'd normally have absolutely no desire to do datura, but it seems appropriate for Halloween. Any advice? I was thinking like 5 seeds or something.

Thanks in advance.  :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magick + datura related question [Re: Syddartha]
    #6230487 -

Quote:
I'd normally have absolutely no desire to do datura, but it seems appropriate for Halloween.



Do you know what you are getting yourself into?
Not just toxicologically, but spiritually?

With many kinds of Datura, 5 seeds is a hefty dose
All Daturas I know are active in a 1 seed dose
None of the Daturas I know are lethal for a healthy adult in a 1 seed dose

A symbolic gesture would suffice, especially with LSD around, especially on Hallowe'en if you're open to paganism.

Once you've been there, you've been there. You can never go back.

It might fill you with wonder.
It might fill you with fright.
It might pass unnoticed.
But it will change you.

When you eat one seed, you eat the essence of a whole plant.
Honor your ancestors, but don't join them just yet.

You are right, tonight would be an excellent night to enter Atropia.
But is that what you really, really want or are you being seduced?

Think this through and be careful tonight.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

:nyan: LGBT - Love God Before Tradition :nyan:

Edited by Asante (10/31/06 10:50 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magick + datura related question [Re: Asante]
    #6230976 -

I have to agree with Wiccan Seeker here - be sure you know the devil's weed before you embrace her. I have no experience with her, nor a wish for one, but you must be careful with this plant not just for its spirit but because it is a dangerous poison.

It is also a delirient, which means it induces true hallucinations - not sensory distortions the way LSD does. Common occurrences on this drug include talking to people who aren't there or smoking imaginary cigarettes. It's a very powerful plant.

Be careful with the tropane alkaloids.


--------------------
"Reality is that which doesn't go away when you stop believing in it." - N. Bohr
"The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." - Tao Te Ching, 48

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magick + datura related question [Re: Asante]
    #6231011 -

How did it change you?


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magick + datura related question [Re: Lion]
    #6232993 -

Alright, well I guess I'll pass on the datura tonight. The seeds were from an Inoxia btw. Growing it is sufficient to sense its power, so I'm satisfied with leaving it be. Thanks for the replies.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magick + datura related question [Re: Syddartha]
    #6233223 -

5 seeds can really produce a powerful experience ? I ate a handful one time and only got dry mouth. LSD or Datura ? THis seems like a no brainer to me take the LSD. What kind of ritual are you doing ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magick + datura related question [Re: IFEELGOOD]
    #6233755 -

The question wasn't LSD OR Datura, it was LSD AND Datura. The ritual was an invocation of Dionysus and some sigilwork. It went very smoothly : )

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magick + datura related question [Re: Syddartha]
    #6236806 -

cool if you get bored send some favorable luck my way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magick + datura related question [Re: IFEELGOOD]
    #6236979 -

...why would you invoke Bacchus with LSD and Datura, of all things? Bacchus is easily enough invoked with copious amounts of fine wine.


--------------------
"Reality is that which doesn't go away when you stop believing in it." - N. Bohr
"The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." - Tao Te Ching, 48

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magick + datura related question [Re: Paramemetic]
    #6238128 -

Where did I say I invoked Bacchus? I invoked Dionysus, a much older god whose link with alcohol is, in my view, less defining than Bacchus'.

For me, Dionysus represents more of a god of ecstasy, trance, supra-rationality, chaos, the night, blurred gender boundaries, beauty, strange knowledge, etc.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magick + datura related question [Re: Syddartha]
    #6238455 -

Interesting. Bacchus is the Roman name for Dionysus, they are essentially the same deity. That's an interesting group of associations with Dionysus, who I recall as being mainly associated with alcohol and its social benefits.

Still, no use arguing about deities here.


--------------------
"Reality is that which doesn't go away when you stop believing in it." - N. Bohr
"The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." - Tao Te Ching, 48

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magick + datura related question [Re: Syddartha]
    #6247574 -

I wouldn't mess with datura unless you're very fucking sure of what you're doing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Alien/Human Relations v2.0
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Anonymous 24,933 65 12/23/22 02:19 AM
by doolhoofd
* public apology tryptonite 324 1 03/03/18 08:28 AM
by Buckthorn
* The Snakes are inside me...
( 1 2 3 all )
Adamist 14,408 44 02/05/21 10:58 PM
by makalis
* Om Alaipzi - A Spirit Song set to Music AsanteM 450 6 03/03/18 05:18 PM
by Asante
* Mayan Galactic Signature DB.....
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
vampirism 40,601 112 04/21/05 04:06 AM
by emptywisdom
* Dream Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 )
ShroomismM 53,117 253 05/24/24 03:39 AM
by Buster_Brown
* The 4th Density
( 1 2 3 all )
ShroomismM 17,405 49 10/19/08 12:07 PM
by ariark
* Psychological and metaphysical aspects of Music
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Blastrid 34,893 107 12/08/16 01:45 AM
by Fractaliopsybe

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, Asante, Shroomism, Rose, Kickle, yogabunny, Northerner, DividedQuantum
2,154 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.