Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Psychological and metaphysical aspects of Music * 1
    #1839564 - 08/22/03 02:29 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I've become increasingly interested in how music affects us.
It is a prime function of Humans, it is expression, it is direct reflection of culture and society.

But more specifically, it can change you.  Even deeper than how a Sepultura song can get you in an aggressive, pissed off mood and an Enya song can get you in a relaxed, calm mood... 

There are certain aspects of music theory that are, just the way they are.  Why is(was) the tritone so taboo? if it is exactly one half the octave, it has a huge place in chromatic tones.  Yet it sounds... wrong. Wavelengths and overtones don't blend, or something.  Because we feel it to be.
Why is Eb Major the most "Heroic" key? why did Beethoven choose that?  Why is Major -happy, and minor - sad? HOW do certain aural textures affect us?

Vibrations run thru our entire bodies, not just thru our eardrums.  Different combinations on the microscale can evoke different feelings inside. and on the macro scale, such an arrangement can bring one to tears, or drive one to punch a wall.

Do you think true music (I mean music that is created for the purpose of being art, not solely for profit) will ever evolve into an audible story starring the listener? I can also see, from the 'dark side' it evolving into a method of propaganda, a method to insert beliefs, thoughts, or feelings into the listener.

Very intriguing. What do you think?

thx for reading my rant  :smile: 

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePhobos
Re: Psychological and metaphysical aspects of Music [Re: Blastrid]
    #1839611 - 08/22/03 03:29 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I have no real research into music theory, or any complex musical knowledge.. but the study of music theory seems to be something that would only stunt the growth of music.  I think people experimenting with sounds and aural textures / noise / tones.. that sort of thing.. are headed more in the right direction to develop music further.

I do think it's possible for music to evolve to a higher form . . . to tell a story with sounds, without there being any actual visuals.

I'm not sure.. music is a wonderful thing that I'm horridly addicted to.  Difficult to live without it. :smile:

InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Loc: Earth
    #1839716 - 08/22/03 06:05 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Listen to Pink Floyd's Atom Heart Mother some day...I think you'd like it  :grin: 

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Psychological and metaphysical aspects of Music [Re: Blastrid] * 1
    #1840485 - 08/22/03 11:41 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Blastrid said:
I've become increasingly interested in how music affects us.
It is a prime function of Humans, it is expression, it is direct reflection of culture and society.

Music can be a direct reflection of a lot more than culture and society.. Music can directly reflect anything, everything, or nothing in this infinite universe.

Quote:

But more specifically, it can change you. Even deeper than how a Sepultura song can get you in an aggressive, pissed off mood and an Enya song can get you in a relaxed, calm mood...

Of course, this part depends entirely on the person who is listening and their tastes, as well. I know people who listen to metal that don't get all agressive and knock things over (me), and people who don't feel the need for dancing to a quarter note beat and a country twang, rather, they get all pissed off and want to break things (me).

Quote:

There are certain aspects of music theory that are, just the way they are. Why is(was) the tritone so taboo? if it is exactly one half the octave, it has a huge place in chromatic tones. Yet it sounds... wrong. Wavelengths and overtones don't blend, or something. Because we feel it to be.
Why is Eb Major the most "Heroic" key? why did Beethoven choose that? Why is Major -happy, and minor - sad? HOW do certain aural textures affect us?

The reason that I think this is true, is because music consists of different frequencies, and the universe is just energy and many different frequencies, etc. This could be why music has the possibility of carrying meaning and emotions. Just as energy is transmitted to deliver messages... Of course, this depends on the person listening, too, because they are the ones who are intercepting and deoding the message...

The tritone is used quite effectively in metal. Hell, I read in an interview with Al Di Meola that he uses the tritone when it is needed.. it is all about tension, I guess. Sometimes things are stressed and out of tune, and the tritone can reflect...

Quote:

Vibrations run thru our entire bodies, not just thru our eardrums. Different combinations on the microscale can evoke different feelings inside. and on the macro scale, such an arrangement can bring one to tears, or drive one to punch a wall.

This is related to the chants vocalized in meditation... it isn't the words themselves that "have the meaning", or whatever, but rather the vibrations that ring through your body when you vocalize them... This brings me to wonder about our thoughts themself. Our thoughts could be very well be different combinations of frequencies... Possibly why music is so effective in conveying feelings and messages...

Quote:

Do you think true music (I mean music that is created for the purpose of being art, not solely for profit) will ever evolve into an audible story starring the listener? I can also see, from the 'dark side' it evolving into a method of propaganda, a method to insert beliefs, thoughts, or feelings into the listener.

Music is at the will of us. We create it, and it fufills our wishes, carries whatever messages we want to carry. However, when music is created to make money, or as propaganda, that can shine through to people that are a little more open to Experience... Can you tell propaganda when you see it? Then you know what I mean...

I recommend checking out this website: Hollow Bone Music

This website talks a lot about all of this, and they have a cd that was recorded keeping all of this in mind (I can't wait until my music is written and recorded, as this will definitely be in my mind).

Also check out these articles written by Steve Vai.

Any musician on here, not just guitarists, shold definitely read this in their entirety. Good fucking shit.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #1840665 - 08/22/03 12:37 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

you might enjoy reading some of von Helmholtz's work. He did a lot of scientific research in the physical properties of sound and music theory. Some of his work is a little too scientific, but it is still very interesting and sheds a lot of light on the questions you asked in your origional post.

just go to a good college library and search the psychology research database for "sound" and "von Helmholtz" (von Helmholtz was a psychologist who studied the physical properties of sound, the pysiological mechanisms of human audio perception, and how this ties in to music theory.

Also, you might enjoy "Music Cognition" by W. Jay Dowling. I took a course with Dr. Dowling and the text addressed a lot of these same issues.

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Re: Psychological and metaphysical aspects of Music [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1841050 - 08/22/03 02:29 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

sweet, thanks. I'm on it.

Fireworks, this is why the concept of Om intrigues me so. It is the spark of life within the self, sort of the sound of consciousness. It is the 'part of the divine imprisoned within the physical dimension.'

The tritone was used a lot in late romantic and contemporary music, because it is pure tension. You're right, it is all about tension and release, Tchaikovsky created tension by long diminished chords(contains tritone) and released with major chords, specifically a Neapolitan.

And you're right, reaction by the listener depends on the listener. But can't it evolve to a level where it affects you in your vibratory level, intentionally?
anyone else interested in this would love Boards of Canada, and www.bwgen.com

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #1841105 - 08/22/03 02:48 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Hazrat Inayat Khan, a sufi mystic, has also written on this topic.
He was a highly accomplished musician before he became fully involved in his life of spreading the message of sufism to the west.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Loc: Within the Realm of Imagi...
Re: Psychological and metaphysical aspects of Music [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1841397 - 08/22/03 04:35 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Steve Vai is AMAZING !!!

He rightfully deserves the label "Guitar god" as he has been referred to before !

I particularily enjoy his album: Passion and Warefare.

My two favorite songs on that album are:  The Audience is Listening and For The Love of God.

He speaks volumes with his creations !

:laugh:

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Psychological and metaphysical aspects of Music [Re: Deiymiyan]
    #1841480 - 08/22/03 05:00 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Steve Vai has mastered conveying messages and feeling with his guitar playing and songs... I heard about a recent project of his where he did a different song for each city he had visited that meant a lot to him; Paris, for example.

I'll get more into this subject later, when I have more time..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

#1841547 - 08/22/03 05:22 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

That album is called "Alive in an Ultraworld"
He composed pieces relating to different countries, then went there and performed and recorded them. All Music's review
Yeah, He is much more passion and emotion filled than his counterpart Joe Satriani. He is also the shit, but expresses in more of a flatout skill standpoint.

Anyone have any other reading material regarding this subject?

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    ex.  Blastrid!

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Psychological and metaphysical aspects of Music [Re: Phobos]
    #1841590 - 08/22/03 05:43 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Phobos said:
I have no real research into music theory, or any complex musical knowledge.. but the study of music theory seems to be something that would only stunt the growth of music. I think people experimenting with sounds and aural textures / noise / tones.. that sort of thing.. are headed more in the right direction to develop music further.

This is the bullshit that punk and no talent guitar players want to be believed... "Ahh, man, I don't really want to learn how to play my insturment, because the music will not be filled with EMOTION then."

Music theory isn't suspossed to be regarded as exact rules. It is a useful tool to aid creative expression.. so that the musician doesn't have to reinvent the wheel everytime. Left on their own, a musician will have to painstakingly and slowly map out the relationship between notes on their own, which isn't necessarily bad, a lot of experience is gained from doing so (this is actually the way I am learning, I have a great deal of respect for music theory and have read some of it, but I myself have never applied it as such, I rather discover it all on my own.. I like to find this stuff out myself).

However, these musicians end up using the exact same scale patterns and such in the end. It is like an author writing books without ever reading any other books. It can be done sucessfully, but there is a lot of trial and error involved.

Music theory is said to kill creativity and the feeling in the music. Bullshit. It can be used to aid it. John Frucsiante, guitarist for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, said he uses music theory as a stepping stone to songwriting, that he has learned it and applied it that using it is intuitive to him, so that he doesn't have to think about the music theory at all, so he can just roll out the good music..

It's like learning the basics. One can't really write a story without first learning to effectively understand and use the language. The fundamentals need to be in place before one is free to express themselves in that medium..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

#1841847 - 08/22/03 07:17 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

well fuckin put.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    ex.  Blastrid!

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #1842535 - 08/22/03 11:11 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

music puts a million stories and landscapes in my mind in just 3 or 4 minutes. it is a power I will never fathom, only be able to ride it's flowing current here and there.

just having some ambient thing running in the background brings this whole organic feel to my room. LIke the vibrations are just breathing life into the room.

keeps the wheels in my head turning, and thats what they're meant to do I guess.

InvisiblePhobos
    #1842750 - 08/23/03 01:48 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Nono, you misunderstand me!

I completely know where you're coming from - I'm just saying, like.. there is a lot of experimental music that is created by people who have INTENSE musical education behind them.. and some of that is so amazing.

I know you must understand the basics, I'm not saying "Oh hey, I'm just gonna fuck around with this keyboard and pretend its some hot shit"

Because I think that's crap!

I'm just saying, it's like the problem a lot of people have with other things.. like.. thinking for example. The more you know, the less intuitive you may become in some ways.. because you rely on what you've learned too much and have been caught in that way of doing things.. I'm sure you know what I mean.. I'm not dissing music theory or anything.

I sing, I play guitar, and by no means do I think just shitting around on the frets and not knowing music theory is going to make anything spectacular very easily - and that I couldn't really consider making musical poop and thinking it was worth anything without having some back ground.. I read into music theory, I practice a lot, I work on scales, patterns - fingering.. all that sort of thing. I was just offering an idea about that... do you get what I'm saying? It sounds like you're very angry at what I said, I meant no harm - I was just trying to bring that idea up.. that by reading into the rules too much, you may become enslaved by them.

:\

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
    #1842756 - 08/23/03 01:55 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I read this thing where scientists have come up with a refridgerator that runs off of really either high or low tones.  It has this containment unit that houses these ceramic plates and this tone generator bounces the soundwaves off of them at such a high level it would blow our eardrums if the casing cracked.

Sounded pretty cool (no pun intended) :wink: !!

- nubbz

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Re: Psychological and metaphysical aspects of Music [Re: nubious]
    #1842798 - 08/23/03 03:16 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Sounded pretty cool (no pun intended) !!

hahahahaha....

Yeah, I can understand the standpoint that if a musician viewed music theory as guidelines and rules and regulations, then it is a hinderance, but more on the musician's side.
But fortunately, history has shown that the best musicians break those guidelines and try something new. Who knew you could end the 4th movement of a symphony in a minor key? Everyone told Tchaikovsky he was crazy for that. Why in the world would you modulate to the tritone? oooh Beethoven you freak...
So I think those that know what they are studying realize-even without being directed or told so-that confinement doesn't exist for a musician, and theory doesn't intend to confine.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    ex.  Blastrid!

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1842818 - 08/23/03 04:41 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Phobos said:
I'm just saying, it's like the problem a lot of people have with other things.. like.. thinking for example. The more you know, the less intuitive you may become in some ways.. because you rely on what you've learned too much and have been caught in that way of doing things.. I'm sure you know what I mean.. I'm not dissing music theory or anything.

Naw, man, I wasn't angry with you at all. It just seemed like you were saying the "music theory prevents feel" sort of statement, and it was that that I was labelling bullshit.

I agree with you, a lot of people do get caught up in the rules and how things must be done, and they and their music are a slave to that. However, they don't realize that they aren't really creatively expressing themselves when they do that; it's like making a webpage from a template (only real analogy I could think of).

For those a little more aware, music theory can quite benefit the musician, as long as they learn to use the theory intuitively. This takes hard work and practice; it is one thing to be able to figure out the scales and where the notes are, it is another alltogether to be able to do that instantly. A good music analogy is this: It is a lot easier to play the guitar once you can automatically move your fingers to the different frets without looking or struggling. It is a lot easier to write good, emotional songs when you can automatically apply music theory without thinking about it. (By the way, I can't do this, I've headed out on my own to find the note relationships and so forth, but I know I will eventually be practicing music theory openly)

I agree with what you were just saying, too.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisiblePhobos
    #1842820 - 08/23/03 04:51 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Music is such a wonderful thing.. Something I just can't get over.

:]

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1842848 - 08/23/03 05:46 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Phobos said:
Music is such a wonderful thing.. Something I just can't get over.

:]

So very true.. I've decided to go head start, full focus into a life in music, and there is no holding back or "something to fall back on". I have this unquenchable thirst for music in general, making it in specific. I mean, I download all sorts of metal and trance, and I don't just listen to it a lot of the time (although I still just let it carry me without thought), I actively listen, figuring out what is going on, expanding my knowledge of the music I will soon be creating..

There is a lot of things in music that most people never even hear. People will listen to some death metal, and they just hear the screaming. "I can't even understand what he is saying. what's the point? I'm like, "I can understand what he is saying. The point is that someone doesn't just 'get it' the first or second listen, what is really going on is buried down within, to be discovered, and when you discover it, a whole world withing music opens up...". Bands like IN FLAMES, Opeth, Dark Tranquillity, Cradle of Filth, Children of Bodom.. the music is just go great once you get used to what is going on.

RIght now I am cut off from playing bass, as mine is in the U.S. and I haven't ordered my new one yet. I am suffering from withdrawls, but Guitar Pro for metal songs and Fruity Loops for trance are keeping me from total creative shutoff... it sucks not having your pride and joy.

Anyways, this is a great thread. Shall we keep it going?
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisiblePhobos
    #1842854 - 08/23/03 05:58 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

You should expand your electronic music interests into the categories of IDM / experimental / noise.

To say the most common -

Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, Autechre, Coil

and to expand to artists electronic, and not -

Boards of Canada (a favorite),
Telefon Tel Aviv (a huge favorite I just discovered),

air, gas, ?-Ziq (pronounced mu-zeek/music), ISDS, Plaid, Philip Glass, Sigur Ros, Steve Reich.

you want to check out some amazing fucking underground music from the hardcore scene - check out

botch (holy jesus- new album blows my fucking mind)

ISIS (holy shit everything they've done, especially their latest album - Oceanic .......is so ridiculous)

dillinger escape plan (im sure youve heard of them, they got quite big), as i lay dying, agoraphobic nosebleed, Codeseven (old stuff very weird, new stuff very airy and calm.. beautiful)

okay, the list got damn long, i'll leave it at that.. i could go on for awhile.

i highly suggest you check out all of those, especially the ones i ranted about at minimum - you will NOT be fucking disappointed!

InvisiblePhobos
    #1842855 - 08/23/03 06:00 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"You should expand your electronic music interests into the categories of IDM / experimental / noise."

that sounded snotty, didn't mean it that way

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1842857 - 08/23/03 06:11 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

The person I am staying with has a lot of experimental/instrumental music, I'll take a listen of that sometime... Right now, though, my lists of things to download are quite long, so it'll be awhile before I get a chance to try some of that music out, although I'll keep the names in my head and if I come across them, I'll know. (Aphex Twin and Dillinger Escape Plan already sound familiar...)

RIght now what is taking up my trance library is this:

Shpongle, Infected Mushroom, Hallucinogen, Astral Projection, Ethnica, Pleiadians, Juno Reactor, Delerium, and Celtic Cross. Definitely some good shit.

Psy trance holds a special place in my heart. Their is so much range of expression there, and the music can definitely take you to a lot of places impossible in any other form of music..

I think it might have something to do with all of the panning and phasing effects.. sound can be carried anywhere, and it isn't just 12 frequencies in all the different octaves that can be hit, every microtone can be phased through. That brings up more sonic possibilites, which exponentially increases the creative possibilites. Of course, the continous bass beat reminds me of the continous, simple drum beats that Native Americans used for their spiritual ceremonies.. hehe

When I am online and checking out the Shroomery, my trance library is definitely a good thing to be played, it seems as if it brings out the open, sort of "trippy" mindset... hard to explain, but I'm sure a lot of you know what I am talking about... one word: Shpongle. 'Nuff said.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisiblePhobos
    #1842861 - 08/23/03 06:16 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

These artists are much different than trance... you should definitely check them out if you can. ;]

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1842862 - 08/23/03 06:19 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I definitely will soon. Hell, nothing is downloading right now, so I'll do a search.. thanks for the list.

If you haven't checked out any of the bands I mentioned, especially Shpongle, I urge you to do so, too.

I'd definitely search mp3.com for Etnica, and most definitely download the songs on the Pleiadians cd. Asterope is a really good one, but they are all excellent.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Edited by fireworks_god (08/23/03 06:20 AM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1843987 - 08/23/03 06:52 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Music is, in my opinion, the combined mastery of "pattern" and "vibration," which makes it an excellent vibe-sharing medium, although its recent dive into poetry-glamourization has me disgusted..

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: Psychological and metaphysical aspects of Music [Re: Strumpling]
    #1844022 - 08/23/03 07:07 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

It's not the musical theory which can dampen one's ability to creatively express ones self, it's the attitude of those imparting the theory to the learner. Most (if not all) of the musical schools out there are run by faculty who are mostly (if not entirely) tight-lipped and over-ordered about music.

From personal experience, I'd say that if I'd stuck beside the instructors I've been paired with, I'd not be a musician at all today. I taught myself how to play my instrument, how to comprehend music, and that's just fine. There's a line to be drawn between lazy garage-banders and serious musicians, just as there is a line to be drawn between life-time students of music, and serious musicians.

Hey, I don't have a clue what I'm doing.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Psychological and metaphysical aspects of Music [Re: Ped]
    #1844057 - 08/23/03 07:23 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

yeah I think its VERY important to not be too caged-in by "rules" and "standards" and "conventional ways" and all of this scum they try to show you in classes.. Should they really be teaching us how to REMAKE EXISTING MUSIC?! lol

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

#1844321 - 08/23/03 09:41 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Hey Fireworks, One of the main causes of theses thoughts that started this thread is Boards of Canada.  Their music is electronic, but not really classifiable otherwise.  It has a combination of gentle playfulness and disturbing mystery to it at the same time.  With further listening, it makes me think they're trying to do something to me......  It's amazing  :smile:  This HAS to be on the top of your list, esp if you're a Shpongle fan (/ one who likes depth in music).

Starting this semester I'm beginning to study 20th century music and composition, so basically the present form of music theory.  I think more and more theory is stretching beyond tonal harmony and diatonic/chromatic.  With acts that are pushing the envelope of what music is, it has to be accounted for (trust me, I know some hardcore theorists who have to find method to any music).  Hell, John Cage has a piece called something like  4'17" , and it's 4 minutes and 17 seconds of silence. Sort of the Andy Worhol of music.
Slowly sound is being converted into other areas of perception.  People are understanding the physics of music better, and can figure out, using resonance and frequency, the tone that will shatter a glass, and make your hair stand up.
Likewise, some audio is being converted into the visual realm.  For example, Aphex Twin has a moment in one song (forgive me I forget, tho it's been mentioned quite often) where when watching thru an oscilloscope you can see his face  (Look here) . and then there's the whole Winamp visualization thingy....

It's just fascinating that audio can do so much, and if it can be arranged to be an image, and adjusted to test the resonance of different materials (bones, organs, brainwaves??????) then why can it not be used to directly change one's entire perception?

er somthin     

http://www.speakeasy.org/~adbrown/boc.html

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    ex.  Blastrid!

Offlineblahblah
Stranger
    #1844676 - 08/24/03 12:07 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I tried psy and goa. I couldn't discern the textures. No buzz. I love the melody-layering - prog, epic, tech, breakbeats, funk, acid, vocals, deep, and hard.

So diverse. I never tire from listening.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Psychological and metaphysical aspects of Music [Re: blahblah]
    #1844875 - 08/24/03 02:50 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

if you're into layering check out Shpongle :wink:

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1844958 - 08/24/03 05:04 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

That is quite fucked up, that face... ironically, I had downloaded three Aphex Theory songs (I started like twenty, but only those three songs went through), and they were Windowlicker, the Star Wars theme, and some violin solo...

The thing about music is that you can do anything that you want with it. Ultimate free will. If you want a fucking lead banjo in a song, you can have a lead banjo. hehe. It is really all up to the artist creating, their vision... I personally hate those "teach yourself guitar" books.. It is only you that can teach yourself..

A lot of people go off on Korn because they have "no talent". There really aren't any rules on how music is to be made, and if they like fucking around with pedals, then so what? They still understand the art of crafting songs, and I once read a column with Fieldy talking about arrangements, dynamics, etc. and the way Korn uses them... he wasn't just sprouting bullshit that he didn't understand...

Live shows are fucking insane.. Their is just so much fucking energy being sent back and forth, you can feel it.. I once saw Mudvayne and IN FLAMES together, and it was a hell of a show. I made a thread about it (check it out!), I haven't been to a lot of shows, but it was an experience I will never forget, and will definitely remember it when I am the one up on the stage.. They kept thanking everyone for showing up and for giving them a chance to share energy and share their music. Mudvayne understands what it is all about (I keep thinking about their first cd with the dialogues from Terrence McKenna...)

Anyways, yeah, I've lost my train of thought, so I'll just post this and add more later..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Loc: Within the Realm of Imagi...
    #1845111 - 08/24/03 09:40 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

That was a fantastic picture !!!!!!

Interesting door you've gone through there...

I'm wondering how long it might have taken to make just the right sounds to make that happen....

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

OfflineSizzlinJ
walter crunkite

Loc: in miami where aint shit ...
    #1845364 - 08/24/03 12:22 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

no offense guy, but i'm not exactly sure what kind of 'emotion' really shitty nu-death metal bands are supposed to be expressing. sounds to me like a bunch of good musicians shrieking and growling about dungeons and dragons. but that's just my opinion. i too listen to alot of heavy music, and i'm not trying to say that what i listen to is better, but i think there is a big difference between an amazing, powerful and moving heavy band like shai hulud and some hot topic mtv bullshit like cradle of filth.

--------------------

G2 nigga
we runnin' miami

OfflineSizzlinJ
walter crunkite

Re: Psychological and metaphysical aspects of Music [Re: SizzlinJ]
    #1845368 - 08/24/03 12:26 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

isis = amazing
converge = amazing
dillinger escape plan = used to be great.. till mike patton ruined it, and now greg puciato, the new singer, is an asshat who thinks he's mike patton.

i suggest some hopesfall.. pref. off the satellite years, very beautiful guitar work and vocals. and fireworks god, check out lamb of god or bleeding through for some good metal without all the elf-metal lord of the rings type subject matter.

--------------------

G2 nigga
we runnin' miami

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1845438 - 08/24/03 01:05 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SizzlinJ said:
no offense guy, but i'm not exactly sure what kind of 'emotion' really shitty nu-death metal bands are supposed to be expressing. sounds to me like a bunch of good musicians shrieking and growling about dungeons and dragons. but that's just my opinion. i too listen to alot of heavy music, and i'm not trying to say that what i listen to is better, but i think there is a big difference between an amazing, powerful and moving heavy band like shai hulud and some hot topic mtv bullshit like cradle of filth.

Perhaps we are talking about two different things here, I think..

IN FLAMES, Dark Tranquility, and Opeth are great, heavy, and especially melodic bands. IN FLAMES lyrics of late have been mostly about Anders positive realizations about life after being released from a painful relationship he had (check out my signature for an idea of what they used to be about awhile back, when they were more rooted in death metal), Dark Tranquillity sing a great deal about a lot of different things, and Opeth's lyrics are basically poetic metaphors about a lot of different experiences, I guess.

These three bands (the ones I was talking about when I mentioned the use of emotions) might not fit in with the general "melodic death metal" bands that are out there, I only listen to what sounds great to me, and they could be described as melodic death metal. Listing the originators with the imitators in any genre seems like a crime in itself... And they are all quite talented, too, half of the bands out there couldn't stand up to them..

The music I listen to in this vein isn't "shreiking and growling about dungeons and dragons". Are there death vocals? Yes, for the most part (Opeth is basically half and half now, he has this really melodic and layered clean voice that is stunning). The music isn't about meaningless shit. Everything said has some sort of relevance, or message, and it isn't presented in "My life sucks, aahhhhh!!!!, my mom died, graaahhhhh!".

There is always some substance, too, in the music you are describing as about "dungeons and dragons". It is all about allegories and representation (from dictionary.com: The representation of abstract ideas or principles by characters, figures, or events in narrative, dramatic, or pictorial form.
A story, picture, or play employing such representation. John Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress and Herman Melville's Moby Dick are allegories).

Hmm.. I didn't realize that Cradle of Filth was all over MTV, it seems that they really wouldn't fit in with the normal MTV crowd, since they are straight up Satanic death goth metal, but then again, I don't watch T.V., haven't for several years, so I really couldn't tell you..

I listen to Cradle of Filth because the music sounds good to me. Ever heard of Dimmu Borgir? Sounds kick-ass as well. I mean, what they do with synths and symphonies mixed in with guitars is amazing. I like the way Dani Filth's voice sounds, very demonic. You see, I listen to music because it fits my ear, most of all. It sounds great to me, so I listen to it.

Other music I listen to because of the total package. I am not too discriminatory in what I listen to. I find it hard to judge all bands in some category as one and the same because each band is different. I may not really get what they are trying to say or what they are trying to do with their music, but then again, maybe their music isn't really aimed towards me... Every band has their audience, and their is a reason that they have the audience that they have..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineSizzlinJ
walter crunkite

#1845517 - 08/24/03 01:52 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

touche.

i was mainly talking about dimmu and cradle.

i am an opeth and in flames fan.

i just think cradle of filth and dimmu borgir and the other bands that fit in that category are just very corny, to the point where when i hear it i actually start laughing.

--------------------

G2 nigga
we runnin' miami

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1845542 - 08/24/03 02:01 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SizzlinJ said:
i just think cradle of filth and dimmu borgir and the other bands that fit in that category are just very corny, to the point where when i hear it i actually start laughing.

That's all right, to each our own. Myself, though, the heavy guitars, the fast double bass, the death vocals, and the way the synths and the symphonies blend in sound great. Dimmu does a lot of harmony guitar parts, too, and that makes it that much better.

Yeah, when I make music, it isn't always just hardcore speed and everything, but I guess that is the point of speed metal... Most of us don't live lives that are that emotionally intense, but I don't mind listening every once and awhile..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineSizzlinJ
walter crunkite

#1845600 - 08/24/03 02:26 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

it's not really the vocals.. well constant deep growling gets kind of annoying, but i also listen to shit like grindcore which has growling parts, its just the whole general package.. even the way they market themselves, it just seems like instead of making music it's more like an audio book. i do suggest you check out lamb of god or bleeding through though. it's all the goodness of metal without the cheeze.

--------------------

G2 nigga
we runnin' miami

Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

#1845646 - 08/24/03 02:46 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Since you mentioned Steve Reich, I thought I should point out the relation of his music with artificial life as it has been considered by a-life researchers.

His music, which is known to be complex polyrhythmic, is actually made by layered repeated patterns, quite simple on their own, that are played simultaneously. The patterns are shifted in and out of phase with their rise and fall coordinated, as well as their intensity and the variations of the voices used.

So, what happens in this case is that you get complex polyrhythmic music out of the interaction of simple rhythms that would be uninteresting in isolation. And you get this without the need for a musician that has the ability to conceive of such complex rhythm. The artist establishes the initial conditions and engineers the rules of the interaction but has no control over the course that the system is going to take and thus cannot know the result of his work before it happens.

This kind of art is called process-based or generative. The idea is that you apply a process on a set of elementary components and through this process the components interact non-linearly and out of this interaction you get ?a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts?, a phenomenon called emergence. Emergence is one of the basic characteristics used to define something as living and one of the main themes of artificial life.

Now emergence in this case is a perceptual phenomenon, as these components cannot be said to interact non-linearly except within the mind of the listener. While the resulting waveform is just a linear summation of the waves from the individual components, for the listener however this sum takes on a whole new meaning, as a new rhythm is now perceived that was not programmed.

The polyrhythmic music emerges not because of the physics of waves but because the listener is a nonlinear biological entity. However there is much controversy on what do we really mean by emergency and if this really can count as an emergent phenomenon. Reich likes to call his pieces of music organisms. An entertaining metaphor?

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Psychological and metaphysical aspects of Music [Re: raytrace]
    #1845666 - 08/24/03 02:56 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

This thread overwhelms me.

Music is my life. I have so many feelings on this subject, I don't think I can even touch the surface. It is part of my soul. It nourishes and heals me. Creating music is one of the purest expressions of human creativity. Listen to music is part of my spiritual healing. It has the ability to effect our mood and disposition in many ways, to purge negative emotions, and a vast spectrum of effects that go far beyond the scope of everyday perception.

Music is a vibration, usually it has a message encoded. We are a vibration, and when different vibrations converge.. harmonious things may occur. The Universe has a perpetual symphony going. And we are all whirling through the grande cosmic dance.

Music

--------------------

InvisiblePhobos
    #1845678 - 08/24/03 02:59 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Haha, yes, i've definitely heard hopesfall.. I believe my band played with them awhile back... or that may have been thisdayforward, i'm getting the shows confused.

I enjoy them, but, it frustrates me that he doesn't sing a lot more and incorporate more melody.. their music is so well put together, it would be more to my enjoyment if he didn't scream so often :\

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Psychological and metaphysical aspects of Music [Re: Shroomism]
    #1845734 - 08/24/03 03:29 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Music is a vibration, usually it has a message encoded. We are a vibration, and when different vibrations converge.. harmonious things may occur. The Universe has a perpetual symphony going. And we are all whirling through the grande cosmic dance.

I was waiting for you to show up! :grin: It was just a matter of time..

I was saying something like this, but never touched on the energy thing as far as how everything is also energy.. unless I did, and didn't see it when skimming through my posts.. hehe.

How has the band been going, man? I have been writing a lot on Guitar Pro, since it is the only outlet I have for metal, and my new bass is yet to come.. you still interested in touring together?
Peace. 

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineSizzlinJ
walter crunkite

#1845817 - 08/24/03 04:01 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

what's your band called, how long ago was this?

if it was recent, i dont think it was hopesfall... they barley scream at all anymore.

neither does this day forward for that matter.

although i do believe screaming has its place in music. it just wouldn't sound right listening to angrier styles of music and not have them scream. my favorite band that screams:

shai hulud

best fucking band... ever. download the song 'this song for the true and passionate lovers of music'.. or at least try to find the lyrics.

--------------------

G2 nigga
we runnin' miami

Invisibleadrug

#1846220 - 08/24/03 06:41 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I owe a lot to music. Music can evoke such powerful emotions, even when you aren't feeling particulary emotional. My musical tastes vary with my current moods. There are certain songs that can make me super emotional during certain times of my life, and I like that. Music soothes the soul.

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Re: Psychological and metaphysical aspects of Music [Re: adrug]
    #1846276 - 08/24/03 06:57 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

it does soothe the soul. I never go a moment with some melody or rhythm going through my mind, and I absolutely love it. I honestly tap or hum without realizing it. Sometimes this annoys me when others do it, but now i understand you can't help it.

I guess my further interests are how music can more deeply affect one's being. Rather than mood music, why not music that puts you in moods? Phsyically, vibratory, resonating frequencies that put you in states of mind. Consider a symphony that gives you a visualization of a story or hero, and brings you along for the ride psychologically....

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    ex.  Blastrid!

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1846296 - 08/24/03 07:02 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

only these past few generations I think have gotten REALLY REALLY into music, like on a large scale....

Is all this noise good for us?

--------------------

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
    #1846422 - 08/24/03 07:39 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I think all generations have been really, really into music. Music just wasn't commercialized and distributed by huge corporations.

--------------------

InvisiblePhobos
    #1846750 - 08/24/03 09:19 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

this was like last year i think

fall of icarus
woop

OfflineSizzlinJ
walter crunkite

#1846900 - 08/24/03 10:26 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

fall of icarus?

do you have any demo cd's, cause i have a demo cd i got at an until the end /evergreen terrace show recently, and it said ... fall of icarus.

and it's pretty good stuff too. curious if it's the same band.

--------------------

G2 nigga
we runnin' miami

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Psychological and metaphysical aspects of Music [Re: chunder]
    #1847276 - 08/25/03 01:10 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i don't think music was as "accessible" as it is now

--------------------

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

#1847387 - 08/25/03 02:05 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

well, other artists weren't as widely available, but i think music has always been an enormous part of any culture.
It was ritual to play music a looong time ago, then it became religious to play music, then it became duty to play music, then it became fun to play music, then it became profitable to play music....

But I suppose from a standpoint of international styles/genres and artists being available to anyone, you're right. but in general, music has always been a cornerstone.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    ex.  Blastrid!

InvisiblePhobos
    #1847396 - 08/25/03 02:12 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

We haven't had any demos in a long while now, we've been slacking hardcore.. but.. we're making a new one soon.. there are mp3s floating around, but most of those are super old and sound terrible

the band on the demo you're speaking of may be fate of icarus... double check that if you can, that would be unfortunate if another band tried to take our name, although we pretty much have it copyrighted I do believe..

let a brotha know

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#1852344 - 08/26/03 05:57 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Blastrid said:

Quote:

Why is Major -happy, and minor - sad?

Good question.

InvisibleTeragon
Noddy

Loc: Lost in the Patterns
Re: Psychological and metaphysical aspects of Music [Re: Middleman]
    #1853534 - 08/27/03 12:04 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

genetic researcher Fritz Popp of Kaiserslautern University in West Germany has determined that DNA has a resonant frequency that has a direct relation to the 66th harmonic of the frequency of the earth's rotation. This high frequency has to do with the scientifically recognized ability of DNA to communicate on the molecular level with light. In other words, when strands of DNA break apart during replication, they emit ultraviolet light [HF Music], which encodes the DNA/RNA molecules in the nucleus.

Wah wah whaaaaaaattttt?!?! Must have/read more..Where did you find this?! ::runs to Google::

Jerry makes me laugh, cry, and smile all at once. :grin:

--------------------
need that cash to feed them jones.

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Psychological and metaphysical aspects of Music [Re: Teragon]
    #1853654 - 08/27/03 12:48 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

yeah, that's a good way of putting it.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1854028 - 08/27/03 04:50 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

soundmind said:
We are made of music.

Ahh... Truth.

Not only am I made of music, it is what I spend my time crafting and experiencing.. We are Co-Creators, adding to the Universe...
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

#1856701 - 08/27/03 09:24 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

soundmind said:
eye MUST keep re mind ing my self of this

I need to know more about this.
I obviously know what it is, and what it's from, but what is the relationship to the numbers?

Another Tool lyric factoid,
(i'm betting you already know this)
the lyrics for "Lateralus" are arranged in a Fibbonacci Sequence:
(1) Black
(1) then
(2) white are
(3) all I see
(5) in my infancy.
(8) red and yellow then came to be,
(8 -again?) reaching out to me. lets me see.
(13) As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
(8) drawn beyond the lines of reason.
(5) Push the envelope.
(3) Watch it bend.

Interestingly, so are the polyrhythms of the different instruments in the breakdown. The guitar is in 2, the bass in 3, the drums in 5, and maynard in somethin... I had it worked out once..........

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    ex.  Blastrid!

OfflineSizzlinJ
walter crunkite

#1856792 - 08/27/03 09:39 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

although i'm not a fan of mudvayne, they use alot of numerology in writing their songs and all sorts of interesting stuff. they just need a new singer and guitarist, and loose the goofy makeup.

--------------------

G2 nigga
we runnin' miami

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1857960 - 08/28/03 04:35 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SizzlinJ said:
although i'm not a fan of mudvayne, they use alot of numerology in writing their songs and all sorts of interesting stuff. they just need a new singer and guitarist, and loose the goofy makeup.

If you lose the guitarist and especially the vocalist, Mudvayne wouldn't be Mudvayne..

And they have already lost the makeup. They wear alien masks now, for press articles and shit, but when I saw them live with Mudvyane, they were just normal people, no nothing..

Quite the fucking show, indeed. Great shit.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineSizzlinJ
walter crunkite

#1859045 - 08/28/03 01:19 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

they would be mudvayne still... the drummer and the bassist are the true musicians in the band... sure the singer has a good voice but it's so nu metal.. and the guitarist.. please, the first time i heard that cd i pretty much figured out most of the songs, and i'm not saying i'm good at guitar, i'm saying the shit he writes isn't very complex or complicated. their rhythm section is where it's at.

--------------------

G2 nigga
we runnin' miami

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1859120 - 08/28/03 01:36 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SizzlinJ said:

they would be mudvayne still... the drummer and the bassist are the true musicians in the band... sure the singer has a good voice but it's so nu metal.. and the guitarist.. please, the first time i heard that cd i pretty much figured out most of the songs, and i'm not saying i'm good at guitar, i'm saying the shit he writes isn't very complex or complicated. their rhythm section is where it's at.

Have you heard the new album? The singer is singing more melodically, has taken a lot of lessons and so forth..

And it doesn't really matter how complex or complicated the guitarwork is, either, it is all about the song. Each band has a dynamic if you will, a personality, and Mudvayne wouldn't be the same with anyone else in the band, especially on all the different levels that the members are connected to each other...

Mudvayne is a little bit "of their own" to be labeled under "nu-metal", I think. Only time can really show this, but Mudvayne has always been Mudvyane and have basically always been true to themselves..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#1861750 - 08/29/03 03:32 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1861847 - 08/29/03 05:19 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

soundmind said:
Quote:

Blastrid said:
i have also learned to count in two or three time signatures at once.
it is so complex and elegant how 3 and 4 meet @ 12, 4 and 5 meet @ 20 etc.
my guitar and djembe playing has really been affected as well...

Yes, it is simply amazing... Polyrhythms are very interesting. I definitely need to increase my study towards them, because it is just one more complex and utterly amazing form of musical expression that can be utilized..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

#1862730 - 08/29/03 12:49 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

thats cool, but still, what is the coordination with the numbers and that lyrical line: "I must keep reminding myself of this"?

I dream of getting a score of this album.....

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    ex.  Blastrid!

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1862791 - 08/29/03 01:05 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Blastrid said:
thats cool, but still, what is the coordination with the numbers and that lyrical line: "I must keep reminding myself of this"?

I wish they would release a bass book... Justin Chancellor is pretty diverse and talented, and no one can really tab out his stuff right.. Maybe some day, they will release one.. gotta keep my hopes up.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineSizzlinJ
walter crunkite

#1863506 - 08/29/03 05:36 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

between the buried and me - fire for a dry mouth

the rhythm at the beginning is pretty insane. if you like hardcore/metal i suggest you check that song out... some crazy time signatures in their music.

--------------------

G2 nigga
we runnin' miami

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1865589 - 08/30/03 11:39 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

if you gave Shpongle the same spirit you've given Lateralus I think you may be quite impressed, as it is the best "study" I've come across so far

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1866042 - 08/30/03 02:48 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Ahh.. Shpongle.... So many pleasant memories, when time had no meaning, everything was a complete and untainted experience, an awakening, and there was this blessful, Cosmic music harmoniously pumping through everything...

Yeah, mushrooms and Shpongle equal good. hehe

The song Shpongle Spores is quite amazing, after just barely starting to come down off of a trip.. Undescribable.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineSizzlinJ
walter crunkite

#1867180 - 08/30/03 10:33 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

shpongle spores is my favorite song by them... i'm not really into the other ones as much, i'm not into the earthy sounds/vibes.. i like the more electronic sounding stuff they do. but i'm sure if i had a better sound system i would appreciate it more.

--------------------

G2 nigga
we runnin' miami

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Psychological and metaphysical aspects of Music [Re: Shroomism]
    #1867294 - 08/30/03 11:10 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

This thread overwhelms me.

I just shot a load.  :eek:

Music kicks ass!

Today (while stoned), I thought of what future music might be like. It would be very layered, like a strange machine constantly working some strange but beautiful rythum. Something like most of the wierd stuff from  drukqs   (Aphex Twin), but more uniform, and more like psytrance. I'm so inspired right now, but my computer isn't here at the moment.  :shake:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineSizzlinJ
walter crunkite

Re: Psychological and metaphysical aspects of Music [Re: Murex]
    #1867309 - 08/30/03 11:19 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

you think that music of the future will be all electronic? sounds kinda soul-less to me  :frown:

--------------------

G2 nigga
we runnin' miami

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

#1867325 - 08/30/03 11:26 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

It could have vocals too.

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#1867490 - 08/31/03 12:42 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I think, in the future, theyll have brain interface devices that allow people to project music they create with their mind without the intermediary of a physical instrument.

at least I hope so.

OfflineSizzlinJ
walter crunkite

#1867578 - 08/31/03 01:37 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

why would you hope that?

why would you want to destroy the craft of playing an ACTUAL instrument?

--------------------

G2 nigga
we runnin' miami

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#1867838 - 08/31/03 07:06 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#1867844 - 08/31/03 07:16 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#1867845 - 08/31/03 07:23 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#1867869 - 08/31/03 08:26 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Blastrid said:

WoW it is so funny you say that...

i had a dream that i was writing symbols with markers on a dry erase board.
it had something to do w/ figuring out LaTerAlUs. musically/magically...

then MJK came from around the corner and looked at what i was writing,
and he just shook his head and pulled from my hand the marker,
which turned into an eraser that he used to wipe the board clean.

i don't remember much else, just when he smirked and said "i was joking"
and handed me a yellow notebook filled with musical ideas and writing that looked kinda like:

i think one of that dream's messages was to stop seeking and judging,
and the answers will be given to me as i become ready.

Quote:

Blastrid said:

what is the coordination with the numbers and that lyrical line: "I must keep reminding myself of this"?

the 10 count in "the Patient" and throughout the album,
may have something to with path workings on the Qaballistc Tree of Life.

the 21 paths connecting the "emanations"
different programs for different applications:

there is a rest every 20 measures.. for 21.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1868088 - 08/31/03 11:02 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Man, this is some bizzare stuff... Too far over my head I guess, but definitely something I need to start working towards understanding...
Thanks for posting all that, man.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

#1868199 - 08/31/03 11:36 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

:oogle:

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#1868229 - 08/31/03 11:46 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

WOW!!!

you found the 17-point tree of life!

If figured that one out a while back... thought I was the first, then I found out this asshole named Virtuvius found all that shit like a thousand years ago...

Yeah, I was fuckin around with the tree of life and I started thinking... "why isnt it symmetrical?" then I came up with a drwaing very similar to yours and with pretty much the same tarot correspondances.

I guess great minds think alike. Nice work!

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#1868267 - 08/31/03 11:56 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"why would you hope that?
why would you want to destroy the craft of playing an ACTUAL instrument? "

because it is an uneccesary intermediary. Dont get me wrong, if such a device were available, I would still play my guitar for fun, and I'm sure there would be a lot of people who would rather listen to "real" musicians. But, for both composition and performance, playing an instrument is very limiting.

Composition: your ability to compose and play a melody is limited by your understanding of the instrument, and its particular brand of theory. And what if you want a timbre for which no instrument exists? (the only luck I've had with getting these is synthesizers, but even they have their limitations) Sometimes the sound in your head doesnt correspond to any particular instrument... its new...

Performance: well, I can think in 16ths at 180bpm, but playing them is pretty hard... not to mention tiring! Also, I can think multiple parts in my head... but I can only play one at a time.

Anyway, I think it would be cool to go to a concert where the musician just sat there with electrodes on his head, producing a continous stream of music with his mind. Could work for both audio and visual!!!

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1868318 - 08/31/03 12:09 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
Performance: well, I can think in 16ths at 180bpm, but playing them is pretty hard...  not to mention tiring!  Also, I can think multiple parts in my head...  but I can only play one at a time. 

Ahh, come on, 180 isn't that bad.. just need to buid up those arms first! Now, 225 bpm is an alltogether different matter... :grin:

An insturment is a form of expression, I guess if there is a way to forego this and pour out the music directly from your head, there would be no need.. Can't say if I would like it or not...
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

#1868320 - 08/31/03 12:10 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

i had a dream that i was writing symbols with markers on a dry erase board.
it had something to do w/ figuring out LaTerAlUs. musically/magically...

then MJK came from around the corner and looked at what i was writing,
and he just shook his head and pulled from my hand the marker,
which turned into an eraser that he used to wipe the board clean.

i don't remember much else, just when he smirked and said "i was joking"
and handed me a yellow notebook filled with musical ideas and writing that looked kinda like: 

That's a funny, and also a very cool dream.  :grin:

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#1868372 - 08/31/03 12:28 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"Ahh, come on, 180 isn't that bad.. just need to buid up those arms first! Now, 225 bpm is an alltogether different matter... "

I was gonna build up my arms, but then I built my computer...

Now Reason does all that shit for me :wink:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1868661 - 08/31/03 03:14 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I myself am afraid that my ability to play guitar has been shrinking steadily since I left my cherished child behind in the United States.. I can't even buy my new Ibanez baby (EDB605) until next month, when I get paid again (it will cost at least $300 more due to Norwegian taxes and international shipping), which is when I am taking a trip to Oslo, where there is a store that has it for sale..

I mean, it has been a month now, and the 20th is twenty days away... I seriously get this urge to pick up a guitar. No joke. My hands actually try to feel a guitar and play it, it is very strange... withdrawls, no doubt.

I mean, my technique is always something I have treasured, slowly forging through hours of practice and fun (and some helpful, psychoactive companions to give me a turbo boost... fair warning: cocaine was designed for guitar players and rock musicians. to do cocaine and play guitar equals DEATH), and I have went over a full month with NO guitar in my hand...

At times, I feel like breaking down, and walking two miles to a hardware store that has a guitar shop in back, where I saw some guitars, and just buying one... but I must remain strong. My precccciiioouss Ring (oh, wait, wrong movie) Ibanez (which I have already named "Sirius", despite my strong dislike of naming instruments) is the only axe worthy of me, now, and to waste my money on a cheap slut on a street corner only desecrates Sirius name (and sets me back from liberating it from the shop in Oslo, I might add). Must remain faithful at all costs, must remain faithful at all costs... MUST... remaiiinnn FAITHFUL!!!

Ohhh God, Will there never be an END to my suffering and misery?!!! Am I tormented to walk this earth alone, with no ability to release my musical, creative tensions! Fuck Guitar Pro! Fuck Fruity Loops! Fuck this computer! And, you, Mr. Amplifier! Do you feel SPECCCIIALLL that you made the trip on the airplane with me?! Well?! DO YOU?! I'll have you know that you are NOTHING without my bass guitar! I'll FUCKING have you know that I had my bass guitar WAYY before I bought your sorry ass from that cheap ass music shop! YOU ARE FUCKING NOTHING! DO YOU HEAR ME?! WELL, DO YOU?!!

?realizes that he is yelling uncontrollably at an inanimate object?

WHERE'S MY METHADONE?! ?stabs the cat? ?starts panting uncontrollably, then finally settles down?

Okay, I feel better now.

There is just something about finally mastering your instrument that holds no compare.. your guitar becomes you. Why not continue to play guitar and accompany it with the music in your head? :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineSizzlinJ
walter crunkite

#1869942 - 09/01/03 12:11 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i like ltd's. last ibanez i had was a 7-string ax'd... which was later called the seven stringed monstrosity. nothing but shitty pickups, a shitty paintjob, and a really bad buzz between the 1st and 8th frets on the 7th string, no matter what guage i switched to. now i have the ltd stephan carpenter [deftones] model. and its beautiful.

--------------------

G2 nigga
we runnin' miami

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#1870327 - 09/01/03 02:40 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:

Now Reason does all that shit for me :wink:

so you produce?

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1870351 - 09/01/03 02:49 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I myself am afraid that my ability to play guitar has been shrinking steadily since I left my cherished child behind in the United States.. I can't even buy my new Ibanez baby (EDB605) until next month, when I get paid again (it will cost at least $300 more due to Norwegian taxes and international shipping), which is when I am taking a trip to Oslo, where there is a store that has it for sale..

I mean, it has been a month now, and the 20th is twenty days away... I seriously get this urge to pick up a guitar. No joke. My hands actually try to feel a guitar and play it, it is very strange... withdrawls, no doubt.

I mean, my technique is always something I have treasured, slowly forging through hours of practice and fun (and some helpful, psychoactive companions to give me a turbo boost... fair warning: cocaine was designed for guitar players and rock musicians. to do cocaine and play guitar equals DEATH), and I have went over a full month with NO guitar in my hand...

At times, I feel like breaking down, and walking two miles to a hardware store that has a guitar shop in back, where I saw some guitars, and just buying one... but I must remain strong. My precccciiioouss Ring (oh, wait, wrong movie) Ibanez (which I have already named "Sirius", despite my strong dislike of naming instruments) is the only axe worthy of me, now, and to waste my money on a cheap slut on a street corner only desecrates Sirius name (and sets me back from liberating it from the shop in Oslo, I might add). Must remain faithful at all costs, must remain faithful at all costs... MUST... remaiiinnn FAITHFUL!!!

Ohhh God, Will there never be an END to my suffering and misery?!!! Am I tormented to walk this earth alone, with no ability to release my musical, creative tensions! Fuck Guitar Pro! Fuck Fruity Loops! Fuck this computer! And, you, Mr. Amplifier! Do you feel SPECCCIIALLL that you made the trip on the airplane with me?! Well?! DO YOU?! I'll have you know that you are NOTHING without my bass guitar! I'll FUCKING have you know that I had my bass guitar WAYY before I bought your sorry ass from that cheap ass music shop! YOU ARE FUCKING NOTHING! DO YOU HEAR ME?! WELL, DO YOU?!!

WHERE'S MY METHADONE?! ?stabs the cat? ?starts panting uncontrollably, then finally settles down?

WOAH!

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1870550 - 09/01/03 05:26 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry all, I get INSANE in the membrane when I don't get my guitar playing again.. I'll end this before I'm reminded of how long it will be before I play again..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

#1871826 - 09/01/03 04:42 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Soundmind.
Dude.

We(you) have share more of what you have studied with Lateralus...
Seriously.

For instance, tell me more of what you have come to regarding the title?

we really need a whole new Tool thread...

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    ex.  Blastrid!

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1873430 - 09/02/03 02:45 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Blastrid said:
Soundmind.
Dude.

We(you) have share more of what you have studied with Lateralus...
Seriously.

For instance, tell me more of what you have come to regarding the title?

we really need a whole new Tool thread...

What we really should do is make a Shroomery cover band that just records Lateralus, and then we could all listen to it on here.

I could play bass (all of Justin's lines are within my capabilites, its just that I am not good at figuring lines out from listening to the cd, never really practiced it, so I would have to find tabs and such, mostly off Guitar Pro). But what we dcould do is put the songs together just like Meshuggah does; someone lays down the guitar tracks, then it is sent to everyone eles and they record their part, and then we have a finishes product.

I mean, think about it. Shroomery.com's tribute to Tool. We would be showing our appreciation to Tool for all the psychadelic, meaningful, cool music that they have released. I am sure we could catch God's (Maynard) attention with this, I am sure he'd be interested.

So, do we have any good singers, guitarists, and drummers in the house?
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineSizzlinJ
walter crunkite

#1873747 - 09/02/03 09:25 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i've taken a few years of vocal coaching, I can sing, but I'm definately nowhere close to Maynard status. More like a second-rate Chino Moreno.

I can play guitar too... played for 9 years... since I was 10.

--------------------

G2 nigga
we runnin' miami

OfflineSizzlinJ
walter crunkite

#1873753 - 09/02/03 09:29 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

btw, fireworks god... i have the sheet music and tabs to the bass parts and guitar parts in a few books... for some reason down here we have a few 'unauthorized tab books' .. but they seem to be about 98 percent accurate. only thing is there's so many layers on certain parts of the songs that the guy didn't even know what the hell to write down.

--------------------

G2 nigga
we runnin' miami

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1873909 - 09/02/03 11:22 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SizzlinJ said:
btw, fireworks god... i have the sheet music and tabs to the bass parts and guitar parts in a few books... for some reason down here we have a few 'unauthorized tab books' .. but they seem to be about 98 percent accurate. only thing is there's so many layers on certain parts of the songs that the guy didn't even know what the hell to write down.

I know that on Lateralus, there are like two bass layers. But we could record what works, and if I have the tabs, I could just record twice (the benefit of the Meshuggah method). There are a lot of bass that he did that uses a chorus and a delay; I don't have my shitty Digitech multi processer here (Thank GOD!), but maybe there are effects in some of the recording software..

Anyways, yeah, if we could find someone to do every different instrument and vocals, then we should definitely take a stab at it. It'd be nice to do all the songs, but we could do what we could do.. If Shroomism is interested, we could switch off on different tracks for the bass (too bad we couldn't throw in Metallica's Orion, we could do a harmony bass line! hehe). If more than one person is interested for a certain instrument, that's what we could do.

Also, if no drummer is present or would be interested, we could at least program them and have it sound decent enough.

I know we have a lot of musicians here. Who wants to give it a shot? It'd be quite fun...
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineSizzlinJ
walter crunkite

#1873992 - 09/02/03 12:07 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

the drummer for my current band, jose, who pretty much doesn't listen to anything but tool, a perfect circle, and shit with insane double-bass, has a computer with a protools set up that he records to all the time, just drumtracks.

--------------------

G2 nigga
we runnin' miami

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1874026 - 09/02/03 12:19 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I'll be moving discussion of this topic over to a new thread, to fit our purposes. I'll be starting it right now..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#1874971 - 09/02/03 05:01 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

so you produce?

please post a song for The Shroomery CD...

When I have one good enough, I will.  Everything I've done to date I consider "student work", the quality of which is reflected by the fact that I'm still learning how to use all the software.

I'm in postgrad school full time, plus I have 2 jobs, so its real difficult to make time and energy for musical projects...  Consequently, I often get bored with an idea before its done, and I have a lot of half finished tracks on my hard drive that can testify to this :smile:

I seriously doubt if I can make the first CD deadline (sept 26th?)...  maybe the second one, if there is a second one...

As soon as I can cough up the change for some tables, my motivation to create new tracks will increase greatly.  I'm tired of working on tracks with the knowledge that once theyre done, I'll have nothing to do with them, other than pass them on to local DJs who take all the credit.  Once I have the resources to start building a vinyl collection and playing live sets, making new tracks will hold much greater interest for me.

I don't know...  I have a couple of remixes that are mostly done, but I would like to hear some of the other tracks on the Shroomery CD to make sure that mine dont stand out as "hackish" in comparison...  I mean, I've been screwing around with audio software since Rebirth and Acid were new, but Its only been in the past year that I have started seriously working on projects.  These days, I use Reason, Absynth, Soundforge, and Sonar (Cakewalk).  Maybe one day I'll tackle Logic (I have the latest version), but it seems needlesly complex for my purposes.

Most of the stuff I do is DnB/Jungle, but recently I've been getting into Trance composition, simply because it is so much easier...

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #3350219 - 11/12/04 04:29 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Good post Blastrid!  :smile:

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#3350426 - 11/12/04 06:47 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:

Okay, I feel better now.

There is just something about finally mastering your instrument that holds no compare.. your guitar becomes you. Why not continue to play guitar and accompany it with the music in your head? :grin:
Peace.

:lol:

My, how time changes people... :lol:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3350909 - 11/12/04 10:01 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

"change is changing"
unknown :P

:ass:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Re: Psychological and metaphysical aspects of Music [Re: Gomp]
    #3353378 - 11/12/04 07:55 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

:lol: Glad this thread got resurrected.

I'm getting deeper and deeper...experimenting on my own mind through electronic composition.

Music will take me to God

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    ex.  Blastrid!

Offlinegraceful dragon
omni-love
 User Gallery

Loc: flight
Re: Psychological and metaphysical aspects of Music [Re: Gomp]
    #23836788 - 11/15/16 08:17 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Cool thread.

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#23836905 - 11/15/16 08:54 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Middleman said:

the 10 count in "the Patient" and throughout the album,
may have something to with path workings on the Qaballistc Tree of Life.

Ah, 2003 me. You're so cute.

OfflineLucisM
Nutritional Yeast

#23838198 - 11/16/16 09:30 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Yes music can definitely change you, I usually listen to very uplifting music like the dead, classical, dance music, reggae, world music, but I go through periods where I listen to heavy metal, and music with darker lyrics/song structures.

Currently I have binging on nine inch nails, which can be very negative if you're not prepared for it, but I don't always like everything to be lovey dovey all the time because then I feel unbalanced.  Trent is an amazing song writer though, and he's very good with the piano which is great.

I notice when I listen to darker styles of music, I tend to be more negative on myself, but I can only find happiness when I am negative on myself sometimes, it's like I pull inspiration from the negative thoughts.  I used to open the window in the winter time and lay half naked in the cold winter air with the lights off while shaking and freezing, sounds crazy I am sure, but I really wanted to experience the realness of emptiness, I feel like people run from that side of themselves so much that when something negative happens in their life, they're unprepared and the depression swallows them whole.  So I would feel depression coming on, and welcome it, lay in the cold blasting depressing/dark music, I wanted to embrace that side of me, not run from it, much inspiration can be gleaned from embracing your damage, I wanted to break my flesh, to go past the cold, to go past the feeling of freezing, empty, hopelessness I was experiencing in the darkness, and from that some interesting thoughts always emerged, and the music really added to the experience.

Two albums I have so much love for which tend to favor the darker side, are both from Nine Inch Nails.  One is called The Downward Spiral, and the other is called The Fragile, but haven't heard an album of Trent's that I don't love, but those two hit really close to home for me, and are like a drug I keep coming back to time and time again.

--------------------
©️

Offlinenothing exists
master of fire

Re: Psychological and metaphysical aspects of Music [Re: Lucis]
    #23840858 - 11/17/16 07:34 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

all love songs are about god, about discovering our relationship with the universe, reality.

some songs lyrics are convoluted, making it hard to see the connection, such as "tainted love" by Soft Cell, not all love songs are positive, reflecting the state of awareness of the author.

some songs are more to the point, the one below is about earth magic, which is the process of being human, an animated lump of dirt powered by sun energy, the love affair between the Mind and Every Thing in the universe, and how to thrive in that relationship.

Feel so good I feel so fine
Love that little lady always on my mind
Gives me lovin' every night and day
Never gonna leave her, never goin' away

Someone to love me
You know she makes me feel alright
Someone who needs me
Love me every single night

Feel so happy since I met that girl
When we're making love it's something out of this world

Feels so good to know that she's all mine
Going to love that woman 'til the end of time

Someone to live for
Love me 'til the end of time
Makes me feel happy
Good to know that she's all mine

Lovely lady make love all night long
Lovely lady never do me wrong
I don't wanna leave ya
I never wanna leave ya,
anymore no more
Lovely lady, mystifying eyes
Lovely lady, she don't tell me no lies
I know I'll never leave ya
I'm never gonna leave ya anymore no more

--------------------
i like you...

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Psychological and metaphysical aspects of Music [Re: nothing exists]
    #23843840 - 11/17/16 11:44 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

music effects the very soul and mind, directly, of the listener, in a way that is profound, and in a way that's inexplicable -- it can be shown in neurological testing, but that doesn't account for the myriad of ways music directly changes your consciousness...music is akin to psychedelia.

OfflineFractaliopsybe
⊰⚜⊱
Other User Gallery

Loc: ☮☣✯ Flag
Re: Psychological and metaphysical aspects of Music [Re: akira_akuma]
    #23905669 - 12/08/16 01:45 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

"Dancing in the forest is the best and easiest way to live in the nows"
-Fractal-

--------------------
Psilocybe Cubensis.:mushroom2:Panaeolus Cyanescens.:mushroom2:Psilocybe Subaeruginosa. Dimethyltryptamine.:deemsters:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags