Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Re: Becoming Offended [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6117736 -

"Laying a black and white moral code over our behavior is limiting, and serves no purpose. If I follow my heart and do what is practical why should I accept societal restrictions. In contrast there are many things that society endorses as "right" that I do not agree with, so I abstain from that behavior. This is what I am talking about. I am not abdicating common sense, but merely putting it into action."

cool beans.  do you feel then that acting with this mindset will automatically will benefit others? Or at the very least you wouldn't be stepping on others toes as best as possible?  if you think so, would you be able to offer an example so I can better understand?

It's just that sometimes I feel that when I just thinking and acting out of practicality for myself, there also tends to not be thinking of how others would be effected from my behaviour.  This is why sometimes I feel that some social restrictions are necessary. this is a mental hurdle that I have to get over, so bear with me if you have to repeat yourself in other ways :wink:

you know what I mean?


--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Becoming Offended [Re: kaiowas]
    #6117940 -

" do you feel then that acting with this mindset will automatically will benefit others? Or at the very least you wouldn't be stepping on others toes as best as possible? if you think so, would you be able to offer an example so I can better understand?"

No. I feel that it will benefit me. I am not trying to be "a better person"...I am trying to become more efficient. It is all about personal power and one's ability to act. In the universe there is the creative force...Castaneda called it intent. To access that force one needs will. The amount of will we have available is determined by our energy level...or personal power. Ones reality is defined by ones perceptions. How you percieve is a completely mental process. When one changes how they percieve then one changes their reality. It follows that when one takes control of their perceptions, one takes control of their reality. However, the programming that was instilled in us during our socialization training is the programming that defines our reality. How can one become dynamic and truly build the reality that they want if they rely on the programming they recieved by society to determine every choice they make. If one becomes aware of the programming then one suddenly realizes that true choices can be made, but to have this capacity we need the will and the ability to apply it. So, this process serves a dual purpose - to increase personal power and to become dynamic. Imagine having the freedom to manifest the reality you desire. In the intersts of space I have really given you a quick explanation. This subject goes deeper than one might suspect, and I am limited by my ability to communicate effectively in such a short space.

"This is why sometimes I feel that some social restrictions are necessary. this is a mental hurdle that I have to get over, so bear with me if you have to repeat yourself in other ways"

I used to feel that way myself. When I was first confronted with this idea I was incredibly threatened. It meant that I would have to learn to let go of the ideas that defined myself as a person. I realized that I cannot be defined. Having no definition based on velues or past acts gives one total freedom to act. I had to start letting go of attachments like how I conducted my relationships with other people. I have begun to see that where this social programming creates hangups and personality issues that personal power is blocked. As one releases attachments to people, objects, and values more energy becomes available. As I have begun to let go (and I am still working on it...and will for a long time to come)it has enhanced my life in every way. The people and things that I was holding onto were being squeezed to death. As I let go they begin to breath and live. Consider this quote by Castaneda:

Quote:
"I've told you already that to be inaccessible does not mean to hide or to be secretive," he said calmly. "It doesn't mean that you cannot deal with people either. A hunter uses his world sparingly and with tenderness, regardless of whether the world might be things, or plants, or animals, or people, or power. A hunter deals intimately with his world, and yet he is inaccessible to that same world."
"That's a contradiction," I said. "He cannot be inaccessible if he is there in his world, hour after hour, day after day."
"You did not understand," don Juan said patiently. "He is inaccessible because he's not squeezing his world out of shape. He taps it lightly, stays for as long as he needs to, and then swiftly moves away leaving hardly a mark."




Nearly all of our attachments are defined by our programming. Consider the moral codes that you have been programmed with. Your notions of familly, friendship, love, etc... have all been defined by your social training...not by your choice. As a child this was necessary, but as an adult we can...no we should...leave this behind.

To put it simply, I will say that my goal is to take control of my slice of reality. By leaving behind outmoded values and beliefs we can have room to evolve.

Edited by Huehuecoyotl (09/30/06 09:34 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Becoming Offended [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6118022 -

:heart: This is a path worth our time and effort. We have it all and it's our choice.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Becoming Offended [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6118158 -

Huehuecoyotl said:
Becoming offended is a huge waste of time and energy. Why must we be continually attached to being right or wrong. This robs us of our happiness, and hinders our ability to act. If you don't agree with this..well, fuck you.



Fuck us all!

Let's "fucking" have a world"..."-orgie!




:laugh::thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Becoming Offended [Re: Gomp]
    #6118564 -

That is by far the weirdest fucking picture I have ever seen in my life. :jawdrop:

:whoa:

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Becoming Offended [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6118758 -

If people were never bothered about their situations, or whats being said and done to them, we wouldnt have the comfortable lives we have, and you wouldnt have as much time to ask such questions, sometimes you have to stuggle.

Now, as for being offended over pointless things, I can dig the idea that working yourself up over those types of things is a waste of time.

But, whos to say what matters??
Or whats pointless???
Certain issues matter quite a bit, but we can still make jokes, to make light of them, I suppose taking offense CAN be pointless, but getting angry about something, having a desire to change something, thats normal, and healthy.

It just depends on what it is, and many people walk around with what I belive is a horrible twist on morality, looking down at others for things that are not bad while these "good" religous people do things that are far worse for us all.

Growing drugs=bad
Driving my giant SUV around=good
WTF?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Becoming Offended [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6118866 -

Huehuecoyotl said:
Consider the moral codes that you have been programmed with. Your notions of familly, friendship, love, etc... have all been defined by your social training...not by your choice. As a child this was necessary, but as an adult we can...no we should...leave this behind.



I disagree. Morals are morals. Logic is logic. It's universal. I've decided and contemplated what my ideals are. I do it all the time. Like I said, you would be a fool to leave your judgement behind. You are using your judgement to consider what's best for you. That's fine. Just don't forget that there is basic honesty and respect, which every person deserves. I'm not saying that you have. I just think that, if you took your current point to an extreme, you wouldn't care about anyone or anything unless it was directly related to you.


--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Becoming Offended [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #6118935 -

hobbitcg said:
I disagree. Morals are morals. Logic is logic. It's universal.



It is universal, is it? You assert it to be an axiom, but yet, the last I was aware, there was no official Moral Code hanging on the wall of the center of the universe. How can you discern whether or not your conceptions of morality are universal, for instance?

You can assert that "morals are morals", and, indeed, morals are morals (isn't that the law of identity?), but what are morals? :smirk:

Quote:
I've decided and contemplated what my ideals are. I do it all the time. Like I said, you would be a fool to leave your judgement behind.



What "judgement" are you referring to, exactly? As far as I am concerned, being capable of interpreting and analyzing the nature of reality and the ability to utilize that perspective to make decisions as to how one is to act is not the same as making judgements, and he seems to be expressing the former, not the latter. A judgement is a definition of the nature of reality. A judgement is not necessary and speaks not of reality, as reality expresses its nature for us to directly perceive in each moment. We do not tell reality what it is, we open our eyes and observe and experience reality for what it is.

Quote:
You are using your judgement to consider what's best for you. That's fine.



It sounds as though he is beginning to not use judgement at all. Naturally, this aspect of the discussion is mere semantics, dependant on what light you are using the term "judgement" in. The important thing that is to be recognized is that there is a distinction that is being made. :grin:

Quote:
Just don't forget that there is basic honesty and respect, which every person deserves. I'm not saying that you have. I just think that, if you took your current point to an extreme, you wouldn't care about anyone or anything unless it was directly related to you.



Well, then, perhaps you have not taken the nature of reality into consideration when contemplating the matter. It is more of a matter of deciding exactly what constitutes oneself. One's environment is oneself. At the same time, one person cannot address all concerns that arise from one's environment. He seems to be promoting a practical approach to life, in which one is able to realize reality for what it is and to then effectively navigate reality for the benefit of oneself and thus reality as a whole.

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :levitate:
Peace. :mushroom2:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Becoming Offended [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #6119123 -

What matters in life is purely self defined.


--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Becoming Offended [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #6119131 -

"if you took your current point to an extreme, you wouldn't care about anyone or anything unless it was directly related to you."

I intend on taking this idea as far as it can be taken. What I care about is defined only by me. If I do not care for something then that is my choice. I am free to have that choice.


--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Becoming Offended [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6119253 -

Hurting others, and taking to much from the planet seem to be to be the 2 things in life that are truly immoral.

But yes, its a personal thing, I could say, I agree with murder, its ok to murder.

Part of philosophy is deciding , how SHALL we live?
And why?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Becoming Offended [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #6119328 -

"Hurting others, and taking to much from the planet seem to be to be the 2 things in life that are truly immoral."

The whole concept of what is moral or immoral or even amoral is pointless. A person with a schizoid personality disorder (most serial killers) would not be deterred by morals. What function do morals serve? None. It is nonsense, and cultural specific.

"By the cold and religious we were taken in hand
shown how to feel good and told to feel bad
tongue tied and terrified we learned how to pray
now our feelings run deep and cold as the clay" --Pink Floyd


--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Not meant to offend anyone
( 1 2 all )
orion 3,143 28 03/03/04 11:28 AM
by fireworks_god
* where does judgement play??? kaiowas 1,125 8 12/15/03 10:25 AM
by Frog
* Ancient Egyptian Judgement, Resurrection, Heaven or Hell MarkostheGnostic 2,557 15 05/10/06 04:48 PM
by redgreenvines
* Observation without judgement
( 1 2 all )
moog 2,911 22 07/16/05 01:03 PM
by redgreenvines
* Our Cultural Programming
( 1 2 all )
Huehuecoyotl 3,305 28 08/04/06 06:16 PM
by Icelander
* Beauty: Universal or Personal in judgement? MrBump 1,267 9 02/28/05 07:29 PM
by PhanTomCat
* Breaking your Programming
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Swami 4,984 75 07/12/04 02:37 AM
by kaiowas
* what do ya'll think about this "judgement" ?? kaiowas 1,134 12 11/23/03 03:01 PM
by MAIA

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
4,214 topic views. 1 members, 1 guests and 41 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.