Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
where does judgement play???
    #2173879 - 12/13/03 01:14 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

where does judgement come from in the mind? It is it from the rational mind or the ego??? The reason I ask is when I am trying to identify when I am making value judgements it helps to know where the source is? is it in the conscious, subconscious, or unconscious mind?

sometimes I think it's the ego, because its easy for the mind to dictate what is and what isn't, ACCORDING to me. That's where aassumptions get made. But yet my question would be is how would I put two and two together in order to make a value judgement without the rational mind? here value judgement means, I say what's right and what's wrong.

judgements are so fast and that's how the rational mind is, quick. that's why I think it is kinda hard to not judge. you give yourself a mindset that making judgement vaules is all in your head and that it doesn't really describe what "is" then you can see how judgements drain yourself of energy. and yet to do this you have to work on the ego.

the ego and the rational mind *sigh* I try to differentiate them and it works up to a point, but then it just fizzles out.

I really can't say anything about if it's sub-sconscious or not. heh I need to really define these concepts...

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: where does judgement play??? [Re: kaiowas]
    #2174276 - 12/13/03 07:49 AM (14 years, 3 days ago)

Good question, not entirely sure myself, but I do know that if everybody in the world today were non-judgemental, never pre-judged anybody at all, etc...there would be an astronomical drop in negativity and violence and so on.

They should have entire mandatory classes from grades 1-12 on Being Non-judgemental.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: where does judgement play??? [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2178823 - 12/15/03 05:38 AM (14 years, 1 day ago)

no one huh ???  :frown:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

User Gallery

Re: where does judgement play??? [Re: kaiowas]
    #2178914 - 12/15/03 07:41 AM (14 years, 1 day ago)

"Where does judgement come from in the mind?"
well, look at this way, a child isnt really BORN with its judgements, views, and so on. It DEVELOPS its judges and such, through EXPERIENCES. The way it becomes raised by parents, influenced by friends, teachers, television, media, and the way the soul of the child deals with all of the above, interprets it, and integrates it into their brain, forming the personality they are continually evolving or changing into, which of course, includes judgements. So if they are raised in an environment with more positive factors than negative factors, chances are, they will become "programmed" into very positive thinkers, and thus, less negative judgers.
Oh, and of course, this is still an ongoing continual process to the day you die, be it at an old age or not, so it's not just applicable to the beginning stages of life, but only more significant during that time. As to whether our judging traits come from the subconscious or conscious...I think it's mostly subconscious...I think the subconscious part of our brain holds most of our "programming".

--------------------

InvisibleAdden
Buttermilk Love Nugget
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
    #2178917 - 12/15/03 07:45 AM (14 years, 1 day ago)

*judgment

--------------------

Outdoor Mushroom Cultivation
"He who seeks revenge best dig two graves.."
The Official Woodlovers Thread

User Gallery

Re: where does judgement play??? [Re: Adden]
    #2178930 - 12/15/03 08:03 AM (14 years, 1 day ago)

Either spelling variant is acceptable.

--------------------

InvisibleAdden
Buttermilk Love Nugget
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
    #2178944 - 12/15/03 08:20 AM (14 years, 1 day ago)

Sorry, it's my biggest grammar.. peeve.. or whatever. Also: "I don't feel good".

--------------------

Outdoor Mushroom Cultivation
"He who seeks revenge best dig two graves.."
The Official Woodlovers Thread

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
Re: where does judgement play??? [Re: Adden]
    #2179192 - 12/15/03 12:05 PM (14 years, 1 day ago)

I think judgement is a pretty neccessary tool for social development. I dont see much progress being able to occur without a few judgements here and there.

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: where does judgement play??? [Re: Positronius]
    #2179228 - 12/15/03 12:25 PM (14 years, 1 day ago)

Check this out on id, ego, and super-ego: http://www.peace.saumag.edu/faculty/Kardas/Courses/GPWeiten/C12Personality/EgoIDSuper.html

I think the judgment thing comes partly from how we were raised by our parents. The voice we hear inside our heads when we should go brush our teeth, when we think about taking something that doesn't belong to us, etc.

But also, I have a daughter who is very judgmental. I don't know how the fuck that happened. I am not judgmental of people at all. The only thing I can think is that she has not had any real life experience yet, and on top of it, she has been a little spoiled. So therefore, she thinks life should be a certain way, for everyone.

I think once she has some life experience and sees that it ain't so perfect sometimes and that people are human and make mistakes, by making a few of her own, she'll get off her pedestal.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology