Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
Re: Britain bakes as global warming kicks in [Re: Seuss]
    #5891298 - 07/23/06 06:14 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
the glaciation cycle

Sorry, Suess, I've gotta call you on this one. On their own, each of the three astronomical cycles vary an enormous amount. Combined, they don't look pretty. There have been a lot of advances and retreats that fall in line with 100,000 years. Glacial geologists tend to use that number because it looks nice and because the larger events tend to follow the eccentricity. The thing is, if you get a better graph and really look at it, you'll notice that there are a huge number of climate events that don't follow a hundred year schedule.

My blathering aside, Silversoul is still sorta in the right, because if you find an even better graph, you'll notice that in a typical 100,000 year cycle, about 15-20ky is spent going up, the rest is a downward roller coaster.

One thing that is very predictable, based on all the information we have, is that in the last 3 million years (ie, since the plates and ocean currents have had this exact arrangement), when it gets this hot, it drops off very quickly. This leads people to speculate that in the 1400s, the temp should have dropped and kept on dropping.
look
look

--------------------
what's with neocons and the word 'ilk'?

Edited by Gijith (07/23/06 07:47 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Britain bakes as global warming kicks in [Re: Alex213]
    #5891770 - 07/23/06 08:23 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Alex213 said:
It was a surrender, there was no hope of anything, everybody knew it was a cover. Declare victory and watch the S. Vietnamese be slaughtered. Typical crap one might read from a text book and turn into a term paper or, in Limeyland, an inglenook. So, who wrote it?????

WTF are you talking about? It is a simple statement of what Nixon said. Nothing more, nothing less. Are you too embarrassed to admit this?

As a reminder to all, that is a lie. The paragraph in question is this;
Soon after taking office. President Richard Nixon introduced his policy of "vietnamization". The plan was to encourage the South Vietnamese to take more responsibility for fighting the war. It was hoped that this policy would eventually enable the United States to withdraw gradually all their soldiers from Vietnam."

I don't see a single Nixon quote in it. What I see is utter nonsense and revisionist history. To reiterate, there may have been some cuckoo's nest denizens who believed there was any hope that S. Vietnam could take over the fight but there certainly weren't any S. Vietnamese who believed that. Or Americans. Vietnamization=surrender. That's it. Nobody believed otherwise.
Quote:

Vietnamization was a lie by a consummate liar. And you bought it. So, who wrote that paragraph?

But you accept the statement is an accurate representation of what Nixon said? Who wrote it? Someone who was telling the truth.

There was nothing there that was accurate except the phrase "President Richard Nixon introduced his policy of "vietnamization". Everything else is bullshit. There was no plan or hope. It was a surrender, plain and simple.
Quote:

You thought you had something but it was nothing

What I have is ExxonMobil giving money to a group who then deny global warming. That should set the alarm bells ringing.

Causality should demand a few more greenbacks, unless you are predisposed to believe in anthropogenic global warming. Then my $5 contribution would be enough to prove a conspiracy between me and the oil companies and scientists. Once again, utter peanuts. If that tiny amount of money sets your alarm bells off, then you're a bit paranoid, forgive me for saying.
Quote:

Your Vietnam thing is nonsense

Are you denying Nixon said it and the source accurately described Nixon's vietnamisation plan?

Or are you just blowing it out your ass as usual?

As I have said repeatedly, quoting an arch liar on something everybody knew to be nonsense is par for you.
Quote:

So, "Who wrote the paragraph?" Whowho who who, to quote The Who, Oh I really wanna know.

Someone who clearly knew more the history of Vietnam than you. And who'se facts are verifiable and sound.

Vietnamization was a fictional bit of bullshit

I'm sorry but you either know you are owned and are trying to wriggle out of it or you are drunk. The source described exactly Nixon's policy of Vietnamisation. I've linked you to Nixon's speech.

Yes you did. and it isn't what you quote below, is it. It is absolutely hilarious that you now take the word of an arch liar (when it suits you). Feet up in the air
Quote:

Soon after taking office. President Richard Nixon introduced his policy of "vietnamization". The plan was to encourage the South Vietnamese to take more responsibility for fighting the war. It was hoped that this policy would eventually enable the United States to withdraw gradually all their soldiers from Vietnam."

As I asked you before, what word of this is untrue? I have linked you to Nixon saying the same thing in his speech.

Bwahahaha. How the fuck did you find that? No wonder he was embarrassed.

The truth isn't embarrassing. What's embarrassing is you refusing to admit the source is perfectly true when you clearly know it is.

And the above is a little bit of Alex's creative cut and pasting of quotes. No wonder he seems to have such an affinity for Nixon. You're perfect, never change. If you didn't exist I'd invent you.

No, what your schoolboy scholastic is saying is nonsense, as is what the arch liar Nixon said. Vietnamization was a fiction and everybody knew it. It was a euphemism for "we quit." Totally unrelated to anything happening in Iraq (remember that? It's why you brought this fiction up in the first place). So, if you weren't ashamed of your source why didn't you link it earlier?

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Britain bakes as global warming kicks in [Re: zappaisgod]
    #5891948 - 07/23/06 09:10 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Thats enough from both of you about what or was not cited from what may or may not have been a credible source. If you feel like continuing to on about this completely worthless subject, feel free to take advantage of the Shroomery's wonderful private message feature.

Back on topic, people.

OfflineRogerRabbitV
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: upstate NY, USA
Re: Britain bakes as global warming kicks in [Re: Redstorm]
    #5892055 - 07/23/06 09:34 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Four days in a row well over 90F in Seattle this week, and it got to 98F just 10 miles east of Seattle yesterday. It ain't just England that's heating up. It's killin' us here. At least in hot weather climates people have air conditioning. Hardly anybody here in Seattle does.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleAlex213
Stranger
Re: Britain bakes as global warming kicks in [Re: Redstorm]
    #5892924 - 07/24/06 02:08 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
Thats enough from both of you about what or was not cited from what may or may not have been a credible source. If you feel like continuing to on about this completely worthless subject, feel free to take advantage of the Shroomery's wonderful private message feature.

Back on topic, people.

Never been moderation as fair as this in the forum before. Good work storm.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #5893652 - 07/24/06 08:06 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

> are well known for recieving enormous amounts of money from ExxonMobil.

I once worked in a lab that was funded by a very large grant from BP to do research on solar based alternative energy when I was in college. I don't understand why you feel that the source of funding has any bearing on the outcome of the research? About the only time money/greed will influence research is when politicians start to meddle with science, hoping the research will support some political platform. If you want to discredit the research done by the anti global warming crowd, then focus on the research and not on the funding.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #5893804 - 07/24/06 10:18 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

You dont think the source of funding ever has any influence on scientific research? That appears naive in the extreme to me.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleAlex213
Stranger
    #5894028 - 07/24/06 01:08 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I don't understand why you feel that the source of funding has any bearing on the outcome of the research?

Doesn't it make sense that oil companies arn't going to fund scientists who say global warming is down to oil companies?

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #5894034 - 07/24/06 01:10 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Do you know anything about BP's CEO? He's probably the most environmentally progressive oil executive out there. The CEO of Exxon-Mobil, on the other hand, is a total reactionary who's tried to fight the environmental movement whenever possible, and has been quite critical of his counterpart in BP.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Britain bakes as global warming kicks in [Re: GazzBut]
    #5894331 - 07/24/06 03:17 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

> You dont think the source of funding ever has any influence on scientific research? That appears naive in the extreme to me.

It depends upon what you mean by influence. As I said, "About the only time money/greed will influence research is when politicians start to meddle with science, hoping the research will support some political platform."

--------------------

InvisibleAlex213
Stranger
    #5897244 - 07/25/06 08:30 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

So are oil companies likely to fund scientists who say oil companies are to blame?

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #5898757 - 07/25/06 06:17 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Alex's default position.......
Aughhhhhh OIL COMPANY, LIAR LIAR LIAR, PANTS ON FIRE.

The amount of money in the Kostards "term paper" was laughable.
A crackhead could probaby be corrupted by that amount of money but I don't think anybody else could.

--------------------

InvisibleAlex213
Stranger
Re: Britain bakes as global warming kicks in [Re: zappaisgod]
    #5900969 - 07/26/06 04:48 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Alex's default position.......
Aughhhhhh OIL COMPANY, LIAR LIAR LIAR, PANTS ON FIRE. 

The amount of money in the Kostards "term paper" was laughable. 
A crackhead could probaby be corrupted by that amount of money but I don't think anybody else could.

Then you'll have no problem finding me examples of oil companies funding scientists who say global warming exists and is caused by fossil fuels.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find that oil company funding  :smirk:

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #5901331 - 07/26/06 10:20 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Then you'll have no problem finding me examples of oil companies funding scientists who say global warming exists and is caused by fossil fuels.

Talk about loading a challenge.  If he accepts the challenge, then he accepts your faulty assertation on the existence of global warming.  If he denies your challenge, then he accepts your faulty assertation that oil companies corrupt science. 

Lets flip a coin.  If it lands tails, then global warming exists.  If it lands heads, then the people that say there isn't any global warming are wrong.  :rolleyes:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

General Interest >> Political Discussion