Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Re: Britain bakes as global warming kicks in [Re: Alex213]
    #5886995 - 07/22/06 10:58 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Richard Lindzen is notorious oil company stooge.

..and Roger Pielke Sr.?

http://climatesci.atmos.colostate.edu/

How about these guys?

http://www.friendsofscience.org/index.php?ide=2

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Britain bakes as global warming kicks in [Re: Catalysis]
    #5887000 - 07/22/06 11:03 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Rovian puppets all. Halliburton, Halliburton rah rah rah. Gooooooo Halliburton

--------------------

InvisibleAlex213
Stranger
Re: Britain bakes as global warming kicks in [Re: Catalysis]
    #5887042 - 07/22/06 11:34 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I've never heard of Roger Pielke but "Friendsofscience" are well known for recieving enormous amounts of money from ExxonMobil.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/6/26/11550/9864

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #5887131 - 07/22/06 12:25 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I found this interesting tidbit of information about Richard Lindzen:

Quote:

In November 2004, climate change skeptic Richard Lindzen was quoted saying he'd be willing to bet that the earth's climate will be cooler in 20 years than it is today. When British climate researcher James Annan contacted him, however, Lindzen would only agree to take the bet if Annan offered a 50-to-1 payout. Subsequent offers of a wager were also refused by Pat Michaels, Chip Knappenberger, Piers Corbyn, Myron Ebell, Zbigniew Jaworowski, Sherwood Idso and William Kininmonth. At long last, however, Annan has persuaded Russian solar physicists Galina Mashnich and Vladimir Bashkirtsev to take a $10,000 bet. "There isn't much money in climate science and I'm still looking for that gold watch at retirement," Annan says. "A pay-off would be a nice top-up to my pension."

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Climate_change_sceptics

--------------------

InvisibleGabbaDj
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #5887158 - 07/22/06 12:37 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

This is all just pure crap.

Because were going to destroy out planet in sooo many other ways before it ever heats up enough to destroy life.

Instead of global warming we should change the focus to "global destruction". That would be a more accurate title for the same cause and effects{s}.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG          C8.com                    http://www.beatsopjefiets.com/   

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#5887269 - 07/22/06 01:31 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Alex213 said:
I've never heard of Roger Pielke but "Friendsofscience" are well known for recieving enormous amounts of money from ExxonMobil.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/6/26/11550/9864

You get funnier and funnier everyday Alex. First you quote your own term papers as authoritative sources and now some tinfoil hat wearing nitwit at Daily Kos is authoritative. Just for shits and giggles I read the whole paranoid screed and decided to do a little math, wherein this genius investigator tries to document ExxonMobil's coopting, with "vast" amounts of cash, several (and I mean several) policy groups. To cut to the main chase:

Total of all amounts sent from ExxonMObil, as reported by the KosKid, to several organizations in the period from 1998-2005 (eight years, kiddies)........a whopping, huge, gigantic, tentacular global corrupting $6,237,400, or, $780,000 annually.

As to the several organization thing he counts every donation to any organization that anyone in Friends of Science has contact with. I counted 9. Average annual contribution to each foundation that any Friend of Science has collateral ties to, as documented by this KosKid, is a mindblowing $87,000.

The only organization that I can imagine could be corrupted by this amount of money is the UN.

Why do you subject yourself to this Alex?

--------------------

Offlinesnoopaloop53
No BetterFriend. NoWorse Friend.

Re: Britain bakes as global warming kicks in [Re: zappaisgod]
    #5887277 - 07/22/06 01:33 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

where does he quote his own term papers as suthoritative sources!?!?  i gotta check that out  :rofl:

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Britain bakes as global warming kicks in [Re: snoopaloop53]
    #5887311 - 07/22/06 01:52 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know how to link a post, but it is in the thread entitled
Iraq - a route out of the clusterfuck? and his term paper can first be found in the post made at 2:05 AM on the 8th of July. Continue the thread wherein I accuse and continue to request he provide a link. I caught him at this one other time too, but I forget what that was about.

--------------------

InvisibleAlex213
Stranger
    #5889658 - 07/23/06 04:53 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

First you quote your own term papers as authoritative sources

Why are you lying? Is it because know your points are so weak? I've never even written a term paper in my life. So why lie?

Total of all amounts sent from ExxonMObil

So you admit ExxonMobil are sending them money. Can you see any problem in this?

Subject myself to what? You telling lies? I'm used to that. You confirming ExxonMobil are paying Friendsofscience? That's what I told you in the first place.

and his term paper can first be found in the post made at 2:05 AM on the 8th of July

No it can't. You're lying again. For a start people don't write "term papers" in the UK.

You don't need to lie, just make a good point.

I caught him at this one other time too, but I forget what that was about.

Come again? The only explanation I can think of for this statement is that you are drunk when you post here.

InvisibleMeat_Log_Smurf
FumbDuck

Loc: BFE
    #5889673 - 07/23/06 05:07 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Jeez come on. More Co2 gases are released thru volcanic eruptions per year than all industrial CO2 produced a year.

InvisibleAlex213
Stranger
Re: Britain bakes as global warming kicks in [Re: Meat_Log_Smurf]
    #5889680 - 07/23/06 05:15 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Nah, that's not true. If it was the CO2 records from the sampling stations would be full of spikes instead of a smooth trend.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#5889904 - 07/23/06 10:28 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Alex213 said:
First you quote your own term papers as authoritative sources

Why are you lying? Is it because know your points are so weak? I've never even written a term paper in my life. So why lie?

Well then, do tell who's term paper it was. Or do they have another name for it in England. Because here in America you can't get through school without writing dozens if them. I ask yet again, who wrote this paragraph you quoted as authoritative;

"Soon after taking office. President Richard Nixon introduced his policy of "vietnamization". The plan was to encourage the South Vietnamese to take more responsibility for fighting the war. It was hoped that this policy would eventually enable the United States to withdraw gradually all their soldiers from Vietnam."

Your post, 07/08/06 02:05 AM...Iraq-a route out of the clusterfuck.

Quote:

Total of all amounts sent from ExxonMObil

So you admit ExxonMobil are sending them money. Can you see any problem in this?

What I admit is that the KosKid is reporting these numbers. I have no real reason to believe they are correct or incorrect What I know to be a fact is that you believe them. So, I'll accept, for the sake of argument, that they are "true." I will stipulate to them and go from there. And what I find is that the numbers are so miniscule and the connections so tenuous and tortured as to be laughable. These are your "authorities." And no, I have no trouble whatsoever with ExxonMobil funding research.
Quote:

Subject myself to what? You telling lies? I'm used to that. You confirming ExxonMobil are paying Friendsofscience? That's what I told you in the first place.

Your sourcing is comedic in a Jerry Lewis way. That is, absurd pratfalls, stumbling about and landing on most of the furniture in the room, with your feet ending up in the air.
Quote:

and his term paper can first be found in the post made at 2:05 AM on the 8th of July

No it can't. You're lying again. For a start people don't write "term papers" in the UK.

You don't need to lie, just make a good point.

One of my points is, in case you haven't caught on yet, that your sources suck. You can call them igneboks for all I care. Here we call them term papers and they aint shit.
Quote:

I caught him at this one other time too, but I forget what that was about.

Come again? The only explanation I can think of for this statement is that you are drunk when you post here.

I just can't remember what thread it was. Fine. I'll retract that. Now, you tell us all where we can find that brilliant piece of historical revisionism published. Thanks in advance.

--------------------

InvisibleAlex213
Stranger
    #5890663 - 07/23/06 04:02 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

"Soon after taking office. President Richard Nixon introduced his policy of "vietnamization". The plan was to encourage the South Vietnamese to take more responsibility for fighting the war. It was hoped that this policy would eventually enable the United States to withdraw gradually all their soldiers from Vietnam."

What word of this do you claim to be untrue? You need to back up your claim that this isn't true. Please do so.

I know you'd never heard of vietnamisation before I told you about it but presumably you now know it exists as I've quoted you the Nixon speech that says exactly the same as the above statement. Do you need me to quote you Nixon's speech again?

And what I find is that the numbers are so miniscule and the connections so tenuous and tortured as to be laughable

Come off it, compared to the kind of tortured and tenuous connections you regularly come up with this is absolute cast iron fact. If you want laughable connections you need to revisit some of your "Saddam might have given money to a palestinian family once, so that makes him a supporter of terrorism".

Your sourcing is comedic in a Jerry Lewis way. That is, absurd pratfalls, stumbling about and landing on most of the furniture in the room, with your feet ending up in the air.

Is your corset too tight? Slacken it off a couple of notches and point out a single word in the sources that isn't true.

One of my points is, in case you haven't caught on yet, that your sources suck

So you keep saying, but as you must know by now to your immense frustration, they're the truth.

Here we call them term papers and they aint shit.

Are you denying Richard Nixon introduced a policy of Vietnamisation? I've already kicked your ass on this point once. Do you need it kicking again for luck?

Now, you tell us all where we can find that brilliant piece of historical revisionism published.

I have no idea what you are talking about. And neither, I suspect, do you  :laugh:

OnlineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
    #5890734 - 07/23/06 04:19 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Didnt the Ice Caps melt BEFORE human existance?

What type of instruments did they use in 1860s to accurately keep records of the temperature?

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.”

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #5890770 - 07/23/06 04:25 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

This is the source for Alex213's cut and paste -- http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/VNvietnamization.htm

Phred

--------------------

InvisibleAlex213
Stranger
Re: Britain bakes as global warming kicks in [Re: Phred]
    #5890790 - 07/23/06 04:28 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Zap already told us where it was.

And here's Nixon saying exactly the same thing:

We have adopted a plan which we have worked out in cooperation with the South Vietnamese for the complete withdrawal of all U.S. combat ground forces, and their replacement by South Vietnamese forces on an orderly scheduled timetable. This withdrawal will be made from strength and not from weakness. As South Vietnamese forces become stronger, the rate of American withdrawal can become greater.

http://vietnam.vassar.edu/doc14.html

So what the source says is true. That's a big improvement on your sources Phred. Need I mention the name "ralph peters"?  :smirk:

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#5890848 - 07/23/06 04:42 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Alex213 said:

What word of this do you claim to be untrue? You need to back up your claim that this isn't true. Please do so.

It was a surrender, there was no hope of anything, everybody knew it was a cover.  Declare victory and watch the S. Vietnamese be slaughtered.  Typical crap one might read from a text book and turn into a term paper or, in Limeyland, an inglenook.  So, who wrote it?????
Quote:

I know you'd never heard of vietnamisation before I told you about it but presumably you now know it exists as I've quoted you the Nixon speech that says exactly the same as the above statement. Do you need me to quote you Nixon's speech again?

Not at all.  Funny that you quote one of the world's most famous liars, but then again, he goes right along with most of your sourcing.  When you know something is a farce from the get go you kind of dismiss it immediately.  But when you get your history from R. Crumb comics you can almost be excused.  Vietnamization was a lie by a consummate liar.  And you bought it.  So, who wrote that paragraph?
Quote:

And what I find is that the numbers are so miniscule and the connections so tenuous and tortured as to be laughable

Come off it, compared to the kind of tortured and tenuous connections you regularly come up with this is absolute cast iron fact. If you want laughable connections you need to revisit some of your "Saddam might have given money to a palestinian family once, so that makes him a supporter of terrorism".

I never wrote that.  Once again very sloppy, and, in fact, downright creative, as in fallacious and lazy, sourcing.  I never said that.  I said he definitely gave money.  And backed it up.  With a real news article.  Find a quote of mine that you don't like instead of making one up.  Lazy, lazy, lazy.  Like a hot Georgia night.
Quote:

Is your corset too tight? Slacken it off a couple of notches and point out a single word in the sources that isn't true.

If you're referring to the KosKid's rant, the untruth is the implication that this amounts to anything improper or corrupting.  Rather comical.  In a feet in the air kind of way.  You thought you had something but it was nothing.  Not only did I  impugn your source, I impugned the whole premise, which is that 9 different scientific organizations could be bought off with approximately $80,000 apiece per annum.  Buffoonery, of the highest sort.
Quote:

One of my points is, in case you haven't caught on yet, that your sources suck

So you keep saying, but as you must know by now to your immense frustration, they're the truth.

Your Vietnam thing is nonsense and so is the Koskid's.  To the KosKid's credit, I will accept his numbers, because they are laughably unindicative of his premise, which is that these people have been bought off.  Apparently for peanuts.  What incredible (and downright cheap) whores these prominent and well respected scientists are!!!!!!  Who knew?

So, "Who wrote the paragraph?"  Whowho who who, to quote The Who, Oh I really wanna know.
Quote:

Here we call them term papers and they aint shit.

Are you denying Richard Nixon introduced a policy of Vietnamisation? I've already kicked your ass on this point once. Do you need it kicking again for luck?

Vietnamization was a fictional bit of bullshit and only an utter idiot would have thought it meant that we were setting the S Viets up for success.  We in fact abandoned them and condemned them to death, which bludgeon I hammered you with in the thread we are currently discussing.  Vietnamization having any hope attached to it is a fiction.  There was no hope or plan involved.
Quote:

Now, you tell us all where we can find that brilliant piece of historical revisionism published.

I have no idea what you are talking about. And neither, I suspect, do you  :laugh:

The paragraph.  You know the one.  It's this one.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Britain bakes as global warming kicks in [Re: Phred]
    #5890862 - 07/23/06 04:45 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:
This is the source for Alex213's cut and paste -- http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/VNvietnamization.htm

Phred

Bwahahaha. How the fuck did you find that? No wonder he was embarrassed.

--------------------

InvisibleAlex213
Stranger
    #5890973 - 07/23/06 05:06 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

It was a surrender, there was no hope of anything, everybody knew it was a cover. Declare victory and watch the S. Vietnamese be slaughtered. Typical crap one might read from a text book and turn into a term paper or, in Limeyland, an inglenook. So, who wrote it?????

WTF are you talking about? It is a simple statement of what Nixon said. Nothing more, nothing less. Are you too embarrassed to admit this?

Vietnamization was a lie by a consummate liar. And you bought it. So, who wrote that paragraph?

But you accept the statement is an accurate representation of what Nixon said? Who wrote it? Someone who was telling the truth.

You thought you had something but it was nothing

What I have is ExxonMobil giving money to a group who then deny global warming. That should set the alarm bells ringing.

Your Vietnam thing is nonsense

Are you denying Nixon said it and the source accurately described Nixon's vietnamisation plan?

Or are you just blowing it out your ass as usual?

So, "Who wrote the paragraph?" Whowho who who, to quote The Who, Oh I really wanna know.

Someone who clearly knew more the history of Vietnam than you. And who'se facts are verifiable and sound.

Vietnamization was a fictional bit of bullshit

I'm sorry but you either know you are owned and are trying to wriggle out of it or you are drunk. The source described exactly Nixon's policy of Vietnamisation. I've linked you to Nixon's speech.

Soon after taking office. President Richard Nixon introduced his policy of "vietnamization". The plan was to encourage the South Vietnamese to take more responsibility for fighting the war. It was hoped that this policy would eventually enable the United States to withdraw gradually all their soldiers from Vietnam."

As I asked you before, what word of this is untrue? I have linked you to Nixon saying the same thing in his speech.

Bwahahaha. How the fuck did you find that? No wonder he was embarrassed.

You honestly don't know? Phred typed the words into google and then hit the search button.

BTW, the truth isn't embarrassing. What's embarrassing is you refusing to admit the source is perfectly true when you clearly know it is.

InvisibleAlex213
Stranger
    #5891079 - 07/23/06 05:30 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

And what's really embarrassing is you bragging in the other thread about how much you knew about Vietnam because you were "alive at the same time"(!) and then a student showing up your complete ignorance of vietnamisation and you refusing to accept it.

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

General Interest >> Political Discussion