Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Shroomery Science Project: a Jungle Extraction of Psilocybin, need verification
    #4338772 - 06/26/05 09:24 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Shroomerites! Three shroomery chem enthusiasts have thought up a "jungle extraction" of Psilocybin thats comparable to those of the hard drugs. The procedure turns fresh mushrooms into a crude psilocybin salt within an hour or two.

Since I do not grow I'd like to ask the cubensis growers of our fine community (and those who got ways of procuring fresh psilocybin mushrooms) to verify this theoretic procedure. If it is feasible then most growers can directly convert their crop into a probably storage-stable psilocybin powder without elaborate procedures.

Quote:

JUNGLE EXTRACTION OF PSILOCYBIN
1...Freeze Psilocybin mushrooms (preferably P.Cubensis)
2...Thaw and strain to collect all the juice you can get
3...Add a solution of slaked lime in water (Calcium hydroxide)
4...Crude Calcium psilocybate precipitates (estimated 1-2gr 50% product per kilo of fresh mushrooms)
5...Filter off and dry the crude Calcium psilocybate

As you can see its a very simple procedure requiring only a freezer and slaked lime. Note that this is NOT the fruit!

It is key to not use too much lime and not too little, this needs to be tweaked but I think a teaspoonfull will suffice.

It will take other calcium salts out of solution with it but these are nontoxic, think of the calcium salts of fatty acids and anorganic salts.

Please help us out to verify if this extraction works. Three chem-knowledgable members deem it probable that it will work and easily yield a good oral 4-HO-DMT product.

Keep us posted about the extraction antics of your grannies cat!

The three chem members who thought up and reviewed this are
Pyro, ChuangTzu and wiccan_seeker
and we can often be found on
#chemistry of Shroomery IRC
so you know where to find us!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepyronicx
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Shroomery Science Project: a Jungle Extraction of Psilocybin, need verification [Re: Asante]
    #4338775 - 06/26/05 09:28 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Will try it first thing when i get back from my holliday.
It should work.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Shroomery Science Project: a Jungle Extraction of Psilocybin, need verification [Re: pyronicx]
    #4338919 - 06/26/05 10:43 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I'm interested in this like whoa...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Shroomery Science Project: a Jungle Extraction of Psilocybin, need verification [Re: Asante]
    #4339235 - 06/26/05 01:04 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

very interesting ghetto extraction, if i had any freshies i'd give it a go tonight.

presuming 2g and a 50% clean catch, that makes it about 1/5g calcipsybin per normally-5g-dry diner. ingestion? insufflation? would there still be any calcium hydroxide in the residue, cos i wouldn't fancy taking any of that on board.

--------------------
buh

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomery Science Project: a Jungle Extraction of Psilocybin, need verification [Re: shirley knott]
    #4339443 - 06/26/05 02:55 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It's not a ghetto extraction but a jungle extraction! If it works its the one you'd use in a sizable producer setup.

Basically, what will the yield be?

There are good reasons to believe Calcium psilocybate is practically insoluble in water, thus probably mushroom juice too. You could view it as the ester of CaHPO4 (practically insoluble) with Psilocin (very slightly soluble) Interesting is that precisely the groups that make Ca(OH)2 and Psilocybin soluble combine to form an insoluble entity.

Then you would get some degree of reaction between fatty acids and the slaked lime which would produce salts like Calcium stearate. These too are insoluble and used as pill ingredients. Then there would be metathesis of inorganic salts like carbonates and sulfates, forming an antacid and some hydrated plaster of paris which too are harmless.
The excess Calcium hydroxide from the solution you added will remain in solution: the only thing that will come out are calcium salts of mushroom juice components.

Given full insolubility of Calcium psilocybate one kilo of fresh cubensis would yield some 0.5-1.5gr Calcium psilocybate together with inert salts.

Calcium psilocybate is strictly for oral use only as enzymes in the GI tract are needed to cleave it into 4-HO-DMT and CaHPO4 which are Psilocin and a calcium/phosphorus food supplement.
To all likeliness it is reasonably storage stable at room temperature, unlike the mushrooms themselves.

For your body Calcium psilocybate is a substance that releases 4-HO-DMT (Psilocin) immediately prior to absorption and thus it is, like Psilocybin itself, a storage stable form of this unstable molecule that is the basis of mushroom effects.

We're looking into a simple pathway which turns it into 4-AcO-DMT.HCl (acetylpsilocin hydrochloride) but that would require some labwork akin to sophisticated extractions. However it needs be stressed that the impure product, if it contains enough of the Calcium psilocybate, is every bit as good as the refined 4-AcO-DMT as our salt releases Psilocin in your stomach anyway.

Calcium Psilocybate.. Let's call it 4-CP for now, the 4 standing for the 4-position in which it is naturally esterified.

4-CP is not a new drug, nor is it an analogue, but a form in which the original Mushroom entheogen can conveniently be extracted and orally used.

What we now need is people bold enough to take the risk of extracting juice from fresh mushrooms, adding lime water, filtering off the precipitate and bioassay it to test its extraction effectiveness.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineReeFuSEtoLose
Stranger

#4339540 - 06/26/05 03:28 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

.3...Add a solution of slaked lime in water (Calcium hydroxide)>

Where would one interested in trying a jungle extraction obtain slaked lime would i be on the right track if i whent looking in a pharmacy? because i have found a bevy of other semi-hard to aquire chemicals from there like salt peter n shit i used for makeing smoke bombs back in the day

--------------------
Peaze
---------------------------------------
even a broken clock is still right twice a day.

InvisibleTien
人民英雄
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia Flag
Re: Shroomery Science Project: a Jungle Extraction of Psilocybin, need verification [Re: ReeFuSEtoLose]
    #4339979 - 06/26/05 06:20 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Will the reaction between CaH2O2 and 4-HO-DMT take place under room temperature?

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Shroomery Science Project: a Jungle Extraction of Psilocybin, need verification [Re: Tien]
    #4340345 - 06/26/05 08:25 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I'm interested, sounds novel. I too would need to know what is a source for slaked lime?

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Edited by mycofile (06/26/05 08:26 PM)

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Shroomery Science Project: a Jungle Extraction of Psilocybin, need verification [Re: mycofile]
    #4340390 - 06/26/05 08:36 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Slaked lime = calcium hydroxide

White solid, slightly soluble in water. A solution of calcium hydroxide is called limewater and is used in the laboratory to test for the presence of carbon dioxide.

It is manufactured industrially by adding water to calcium oxide (quicklime) in a strongly exothermic reaction.

It is used to reduce soil acidity and as a cheap alkali in many industrial processes.

--------------------

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Shroomery Science Project: a Jungle Extraction of Psilocybin, need verification [Re: agar]
    #4340442 - 06/26/05 08:53 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks agar. But where would joe blow buy it, assuming that he didn't read your post and say, "oh, shitfire, tommy johnson who lives down the holler from me works in a labrotrory and often performs tests for the presence of carbon dioxide."
or " yippee, sammy johnson who lives right up the holler from me works in an industrial plant where they create a stronly exothermic reaction by adding water to calcium oxide (which he calls quicklime)"
or even " suweet mother luck, sally johnson, sammy's wife and tommy's sister, works in a place where they do many industrial processes, including reducing soil acidity and others that they need a cheap alkali....
"maybe I could get one of the johnsons to score some for me..."

J/K, like garden store, drug store, etc etc.

--------------------

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Shroomery Science Project: a Jungle Extraction of Psilocybin, need verification [Re: mycofile]
    #4341407 - 06/27/05 01:40 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Shroomery Science Project: a Jungle Extraction of Psilocybin, need verification [Re: Anno]
    #4344849 - 06/27/05 08:46 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Ah, well shit, grandma johnson works at the grocery in the next holler over, they have cans of pickling lime for $1.25, right next to the canning jars. It's been used in many a casing and substrate, not to mention it works well at containing acid loving contams like trich.

Thanks anno.

--------------------

InvisibleTien
人民英雄
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia Flag
    #4350456 - 06/29/05 12:10 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

has anyone attempted this tek yet?

OfflineGamera

Loc: Nonlocal
Re: Shroomery Science Project: a Jungle Extraction of Psilocybin, need verification [Re: Tien]
    #4351003 - 06/29/05 02:43 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You can get slaked lime in a lot of hardware stores - I saw it at OSH recently. Its labled just as "slaked lime" in with the fertilizers.

--------------------
Money is human happiness in the abstract; he, then, who is no longer capable of enjoying human happiness in the concrete devotes himself utterly to money.

Arthur Schopenhauer

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4351279 - 06/29/05 03:38 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

has anyone attempted this tek yet?

Nope, until now it is strictly theoretically but we need verification badly! If this TEK works it is a sensational novel Psilocybin extraction TEK. It undoubtably needs tweaks but the theoretical science part of it checks out. Calcium psilocybate ought to be practically insoluble in water.

Some of you are growing more than they require or know people who do so. Experimental types who can properly conduct this & have access to lots of fresh mushrooms are the people we need. Their reward will be a good chance of acquiring Psilocybin isolate and helping getting this tek on wheels.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #4353011 - 06/29/05 09:51 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

is there some elementary chem thing im missing.... why do the mushrooms have to be fresh? could i just hydrate some powder or am i wasting time and powder?

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Shroomery Science Project: a Jungle Extraction of Psilocybin, need verification [Re: amyloid]
    #4353870 - 06/30/05 01:10 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

what would be the point of hydrating some powder so you could turn it back into another powder? nothing to gain, plenty to lose in the process.

it's just an alternative storage medium for brain-bending ingredients in freshies. i'm a little skeptical about throwing away everything that didn't go into solution then form a calcium salt being discarded, but it's a novel concept. if you already have mushroom powder, i doubt you'll improve on that outside of a lab.

--------------------
buh

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Shroomery Science Project: a Jungle Extraction of Psilocybin, need verification [Re: shirley knott]
    #4357802 - 07/01/05 12:20 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

shirley knott said:
what would be the point of hydrating some powder so you could turn it back into another powder? nothing to gain, plenty to lose in the process.

it's just an alternative storage medium for brain-bending ingredients in freshies. i'm a little skeptical about throwing away everything that didn't go into solution then form a calcium salt being discarded, but it's a novel concept. if you already have mushroom powder, i doubt you'll improve on that outside of a lab.

So your saying this tek is the equivilant of drying mushrooms and grinding them into a powder? I dont get it...the point is to extract the goodies, mushroom powder still has all the crap that this is supposed to take out. Unless I'm missing something?

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomery Science Project: a Jungle Extraction of Psilocybin, need verification [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4359962 - 07/01/05 02:32 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

We all know mushrooms have a specific "character". If you've got a psilocybin mushroom, Calcium psilocybate will have the character of 4-HO-DMT independent of the source.

It will also eliminate substances that for instance cause stomsch upset.

Yes you could hydrate dried mushrooms, but it has to be 10:1 to simulate mushroom juice's concentration.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
    #4367206 - 07/03/05 07:26 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

It strikes me as quite dissapointing and marginally funny that in the shroomery,where people could follow elaborate grow procedures,add tryptamines to substrates,isolate strains ,theorize on effects-parametres-synthesis-existence of psilocybin and of course where many people grow big quantities of the afforementionted funghi,no one has yet put this experiment to practice.

It doesnt require a cold fusion reactor :laugh: . I wish i was empowered with the crucial fungal material...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate