Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJssMthrFcknChrst
Son of the LordGod Almighty

Loc: Vatican City
Re: mushroom extraction - psilocybin hcl salt [Re: X.O]
    #1238814 - 01/22/03 05:57 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

By Searcher (Novice) on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 07:46 am: Edit
Almost any liquid will extract something from the shrooms themselves or the mycelium. Even water will work, producing a brown syrup that can be dried into a sticky tar. Only the acetone was a bust in extracting the magic - but it does extract some other crud that might make it a good pre-wash for more serious extractions. Recapping the results of the tests using other spirits, 99% isopropyl, 151 proof ethyl alcohol, and 99.9% methanol - methanol was the hands down winner for getting the crystals. Once the pretty white crystals have dried, they can be re-dissolved in grain alcohol for a potent elixer. The crystals tend to absorb water from the air unless they are kept in a heavily dessicated chamber. ( Source )

I assume this is the source (edit: yeah, it is - I was working on this while you answered). Interestingly this suggests using the acetone to clean before the methanol extraction. I wonder how well that would work. Since acetone and naptha are both nonpolar solvents, wouldn't mean that psilocybin is insoluble in naptha as well? I wonder which would be better to use.

According to this the rapid oxidization of psilocin is due to its lack of the phosphate ester present in psilocybin. Some where in this slurry of information, it was noted that methanol was great for extracting psilocybin, while aqueous alcohol solutions produced higher levels of psilocin due to the destruction of psilocybin. Obviously, in the terms of yields, methanol would be a much better solvent.

chem questions:
3 forms of psilocybin: freebase, acid, base?
Since nonpolar solvents cannot dissolve psilocybin, psilocybin must be polar?
Adding NaOH makes psilocybin basic and nonpolar?
Adding HCl makes psilocybin acid and more polar?
What makes the freebase polar? I would think its in the middle.
Are all basic chemicals nonpolar and acids polar? or is that just how it works in this case?

About Chemical Structure:

The nitrogen bonded to 2(CH3) is the amine correct? What happens to it when we introduce HCl? what about NaOH?
Is the OPO3 the phosphate ester? Is there anything we can do to strenthen this structure to prevent oxidation while leaving it destructable by the human body?

-jssmthrfcknchrst

--------------------

Edited by JssMthrFcknChrst (01/22/03 05:58 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineX.O
Fucktard
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: JssMthrFcknChrst]
    #1238859 - 01/22/03 06:14 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
I'm a huge idiot

OfflineJssMthrFcknChrst

#1239040 - 01/22/03 07:32 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for finding that source.  :laugh:

We have tried anhydrous ethanol in the past, resulting in a very dirty solution. Although crystals did form, there was so much extra gunk that we didn't bother trying to seperate them. Had we used proper filtration (we were using a couple coffee filters stacked together) we probably could have cleaned it up pretty well, however even the dirty product was quite potent. A quantity of solution around 6cc's (equivilent to about 2g of the starting product) was allowed to dry on tea leaves (using denatured ethanol, wanted to completly dry it) and then made magic tea. Sampling of this resulted in a level 2 effect. The remaining solution was given away, and we are unaware of how well it worked out for the recipiant.

Although we considered this experiment a success, the product was not nearly pure enough for my over achieving associate. When we finally get a crystalized product, he wants to test the purity using a melting point test, or some other simple test. Can anyone suggest such a test?

One of the goals in this endevor is to end up with a relativly stable product, hoping for the longest shelflife possible. After testing the potentcy of the extract, we will probably wish to encapsulate some for use at a later time, using sugar or salt as a filler. I would gladly give up quick come on for a stable product.

jssmthrfcknchrst

--------------------

OfflineX.O
Fucktard
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: JssMthrFcknChrst]
    #1239129 - 01/22/03 08:04 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
I'm a huge idiot

Offlinemetalchimp
bionic monkey

Loc: Cambridge, England
    #1239536 - 01/22/03 10:16 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

er.. hello there, I have been following both of the threads in this forum with some anticipation,

just one question,
ACETONE
is that a name for a particular product (like Heet) or is it a substance?

forgive me if I missed it earlier

OfflineJssMthrFcknChrst

Re: mushroom extraction - psilocybin hcl salt [Re: metalchimp]
    #1239573 - 01/22/03 10:26 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Acetone is a substance, often used in nail polish remover (i would not suggest using nail polish remover in an extraction!!!).

--------------------

OfflineBob_J
Spaced outRabbit

Loc: alberta canada
Re: mushroom extraction - psilocybin hcl salt [Re: JssMthrFcknChrst]
    #1240421 - 01/22/03 03:11 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

just wondering. i am going to have a good amount on hand to play with in about 4 weeks from now, maybe less and am interested in this pure extract business. anyways i was just wondering what is naptha? im confused on this. is it zippo lighter fluid? i always thought it was but someone from this post or the liquid shroom post said it was paint thinner as wel as auto starter fluid which i believe is ethyl ether????...was he full of it or is it true?
ive heard its also colemans camp fuel and generic lighter fluid. i understand the process for producing the crystals, just this guys post confused me (cant remember where i saw it lol) dont want to fuck this up. also i dont think they sell HEET brand methanol in canada at gas stations or anywhere (i'll look into it) but they do sell "mineral spirits" at wally world. i was under the impression it was methanol not sure if its anhydrous or not just wondering. also i have a still and can pump out some decent shine every now and then. usually i get 90%-95% purity, so its drinkable but is it good enough to extract. i usually distill it 2 more times so i can add carbon to it and get rid of the fusil oils. its pretty pure stuff but its not anhydrous.

sorry for the amount of questions...but i cant find any reliable info on this

--------------------

"With insomnia your never really asleep, and your never really awake"

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: mushroom extraction - psilocybin hcl salt [Re: Bob_J]
    #1241744 - 01/23/03 04:01 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

zippo, ronsenal, lighter fluid, yeah, naptha. look on the back of the bottle. it says so.

OfflineInMyVersion
Stranger

Loc: NE USA
Re: mushroom extraction - psilocybin hcl salt [Re: debianlinux]
    #1241756 - 01/23/03 04:08 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Naptha = petroleum distillates

Watch that lighter fluid stuff, sometimes there's other garbage in there.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: mushroom extraction - psilocybin hcl salt [Re: InMyVersion]
    #1241881 - 01/23/03 04:54 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

actually there is ALWAYS other garbage in there unless you care to distill it yourself. don't belive me? pour some out and let it completely evaporate. whaddya know... there's this gooey shit left behind (some more than others). that gooey shit is most likely very hazardous for your health.

Offlineshroomologist
Loc: SouthEastern US
    #1242077 - 01/23/03 05:54 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

naptha:

used in coleman white gas fuel

alot cleaner than ligher fluid

Has anyone actually tried this?

X.O.
This sounds more like someone explaining how to make METH than it does someone trying to extract psilocin/psilocybin. Don't get me wrong, I know what your doing. But how do you know this even works? Sounds alot similar to how you exctract Meth and similar to DXM exctraction. How reliable is this? How do you know that there isn't a chemical reaction with the active chemicals?

OfflineBob_J
Spaced outRabbit

Re: mushroom extraction - psilocybin hcl salt [Re: shroomologist]
    #1242398 - 01/23/03 08:06 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i plan on trying it in a few weeks from now. i will use colemans white gas fuel. cant distill it, my still is way too big unless i wanna distilla few gallons worth lol. plus i dont wanna blow myself up, too flammable for my taste... i'll just have to live with the other garbage in it. oh well

--------------------

OfflineHr Bindegal
Bum
Male User Gallery
    #1244892 - 01/24/03 04:04 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I am not from the US, so I don't know "Liquid Fire drain cleaner". Can anyone please tell me what in it that make it react with table salt ?

--------------------
Rehab is for quitters.

OfflineBob_J
Spaced outRabbit

Re: mushroom extraction - psilocybin hcl salt [Re: Hr Bindegal]
    #1245169 - 01/24/03 05:54 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

im not from the US either and would also like to know what liquid fire drain cleaner is. im guessing it contains sulpheric acid maybe???

--------------------

OfflineInMyVersion
Stranger

Loc: NE USA
    #1245263 - 01/24/03 06:32 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

ding ding ding we have a winner

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
    #1245551 - 01/24/03 08:28 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i doubt hardly this is a recipe for meth. it's just a classic A/B extraction which can be used to get alkaloids out of any organic compounds.

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

InvisibleTeragon
Noddy

Loc: Lost in the Patterns
Re: mushroom extraction - psilocybin hcl salt [Re: JssMthrFcknChrst]
    #1254796 - 01/28/03 07:09 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

If anyone knows how to get a pure product it would be have to be Hofmann. A while back I made a post (in Other Drugs ::sighs::) about his methanol extraction on the psychedelic fungi. It goes as follows:

Dry the mushrooms.
This important step is most likely to cause the greatest loss of yield depending on how it is done. Crush or grind the dried carpophores or mycelium to a powder.
Shake and allow to stand (e.g. 30 mins) in chloroform. Use maybe twice the dry weight in solvents at every step, or enough to well cover the powder.
Filter and discard the chloroform.
Shake the residue and allow to stand with acetone.
Filter and discard the acetone.
Shake residue and allow to stand with methanol.
Filter.
Filter.
Filter.
Discard residue.
Combine methanol extracts.
Evaporate methanol to dryness, preferably in a vacuum, although low heat will do.
This will yield a crude extract containing the active tryptamines, suitable for most purposes. This can be further chromatographed on cellulose etc. to give pure psilocin and psilocybin. The recommended solvents are n-Butanol saturated with water, and n-butanol:acetic acid:water (24:10:10). Anyone wishing to do chromatography should check the relevant texts for more detailed instructions.

I'm suprised no one else mentioned this...it seems this would be the way to go for obtaining pure psilocin and psilocybin. Enjoy.

--------------------
need that cash to feed them jones.

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: mushroom extraction - psilocybin hcl salt [Re: Teragon]
    #1255572 - 01/28/03 11:22 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

five shrooms for teragon! good work!

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

InvisibleTeragon
Noddy

Loc: Lost in the Patterns
Re: mushroom extraction - psilocybin hcl salt [Re: the spiral]
    #1257449 - 01/29/03 03:47 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Hey, thanks man. Just glad I could help out.  :grin: 

--------------------
need that cash to feed them jones.

OfflineJssMthrFcknChrst

Re: mushroom extraction - psilocybin hcl salt [Re: Teragon]
    #1257906 - 01/29/03 07:02 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

We have read this procedure before, however feel it is too advanced (chromotography - not my bag) as well as costly. I mean, where does one get chloroform and n-Butanol? At least the methanol and acetone can be distilled from common OTC sources. No doubt Hofmann knows his shit, but we don't, and want to keep it as simple as possible.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag