Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinearchnut

Loc: the east
extracted psilocybin?
    #736060 - 07/10/02 10:15 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i'm fairly new to the cultivation realm, and i thought this would be the forum to ask such a question. is it possible to extract the psychoactive compounds from a fully colonized cake, and as a result having a liquid form?

thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTerrarium_Guy
Sensei

Loc: ...beyond the sun...
Re: extracted psilocybin? [Re: archnut]
    #736247 - 07/10/02 11:14 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

OfflineDarkTranquility
journeyman

Re: extracted psilocybin? [Re: Terrarium_Guy]
    #736689 - 07/10/02 01:52 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You can't extract psilo. from a cake. A colonized cake doesn't even have any psilocybin until it's in the pinning stage, but still not the entire mycelium network has psilo. but only the outer pinning layer.

You can extract psilo. out of sclerotia or mushroom fruit bodies by utilizing ethyl alcohol, or something safer like pure sugar cane alcohol, but what do you want to do that for anyways. The natural way is the best way.

--------------------
"Every picture hods a tale.
Every shade tells of a thousand words.
The artistry of living chaos is
pictured in the poets tears.
The final concept
Is all but a thought away. "

Offlinearchnut

Loc: the east
    #736695 - 07/10/02 01:55 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

just curious

Offlinejdtwelve
Loc: Central MI
    #736798 - 07/10/02 02:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

good question-
I tried the yeast/agar/dextrose/potato mix one time... (http://shroomery.org/findorgrowthem.php?View=docs&doc=49) with no success. Only tried it once. My conclusion was that it's not worth it- it was a huge pain in the ass to get the formula right, find all of the ingredients, etc. I decided that it was a better idea to just grow some fat ass fruits and enjoy them! it's easy to do, and once you get good at it you'll have a lot of success. Don't give up, you WILL get better at it than you ever imagined possible.

OfflinePhilrehpos
Stranger
    #744460 - 07/13/02 11:11 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Terrarium guy, although searches are a great place to start if you actually read some of them you would see that this subject hasn't gotten much attention and it is very reasonable to open up the discussion again.

DarkTranquility, I'v heard quite a few stories of newbies using OJ as a solvent for unfruited cakes because of their initial failure and desire to trip out on there own creations.

Reading the paragraph on the actual extraction in the document 'grow 5000 hits in a small room every week' I found it rather lacking. The extraction alone should be the center of such a document with perhaps a few substrate suggestions, if you can't figure out (or search for) the rest on your own you shouldn't even be attempting the extraction.

I have looked into the extraction of the magic compounds in great detail, right down to pricing out solvent recovery equipment. After digging through US patents, the hive, google, and the rhodium archive this is by far the best document I'v seen (http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum4&Number=517124&Forum=Forum4&Words=extraction&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=2&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=514231&Search=true#Post517124), Zen was so kind as to post it in at the shroomery as well. Methanol is you best bet for a solvent as it doesn't extract the enzymes that break down psilocybin in to psilocin, it's also very easy to find. Ethanol is said to have the tendency to break down these compounds quickly. Liquid culturing is your best bet if you wish to attempt an extraction. Also once extracted the result has no realistic shelf life, the best comment I'v heard is that fruitbodys preserve the compounds very well making an extraction rather unbeneficial. Upon hearing this i realized my time would be better spent attempting more conventional methods of cultivation. Unless you REALLY don't like the taste of mushrooms extraction is almost pointless. The only way such an extraction would be convenient is if it were done in bulk, and having such poor shelf life makes commercial prospects poor as well. If you do make an attempt please post your experience, as I said before there is far too little talk on this subject at the shrommery.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology