Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineInfiniteAdam
Pacifik
Re: mushroom extraction - psilocybin hcl salt [Re: Bob_J]
    #2571766 - 04/17/04 05:57 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

bumb !
This was an interesting thread
Don't stop !

--------------------
The world becomes a smile !

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNewSpore
Just Starting toSee the Light

Re: mushroom extraction - psilocybin hcl salt [Re: Bob_J]
    #2573336 - 04/18/04 08:03 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

To let everyone know, the isopropl extraction worked fine for Skip. This was a first time atttempt using this thread as a reference........... He used 17gms of dried powder from over grown monsters (More dry material to actives)

Reaped a few capsles of a little goo and crystal...

heated in alcohol
filtered 2x through coffee filter
evap
reaped crystals and some "goo" due to poor filtration.

the effects were strong, just licking his fingers after laoding the capsules
went a long way....a little cleaner ...came on fast though...........

OfflineInfiniteAdam
Pacifik
Re: mushroom extraction - psilocybin hcl salt [Re: PooPs]
    #2601890 - 04/25/04 06:07 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

How come Swim's acetone doesn't separate from his "Methanol/fungi filtered evaporated 1/10" .
He put 60 ml of acetone in the methanol, waited for 24 h and he doesn't see two phases.. what the heck is wrong ?!
The acetone is supposed to float on it, and now he got nothing ...

--------------------
The world becomes a smile !

OfflineAeolus1369
Dr. Seahorse
Male

Re: mushroom extraction - psilocybin hcl salt [Re: InfiniteAdam]
    #2604484 - 04/26/04 12:01 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I thought acetone and methanol were miscible.  Acetone and water may be a different story, but even then I'm not so sure.  Best to use some ether... :wink:

If acetone and water were used and the psilocybin did preferentially dissolve in the acetone, you could just try adding some drierite to the solution and that should suck out some of the water and make the evaporation process quicker.  This would probably keep potency high because I believe an appreciable fraction of psil is oxidized during the drying process.

--Aeolus

Offlinedoctor_kandee
Stranger
Re: mushroom extraction - psilocybin hcl salt [Re: BigJohnson]
    #3722954 - 02/03/05 12:53 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

If I remember my chemistry right, almost any HCl salt will be insoluble in acetone. After the "dirty" solid has been obtained from washing in methanol, one could use acetone to remove the "gunk" from the solid, leaving a more pure HCl salt.

Ok so this post is really old and probably dead, but here's my question. After reading a lot about extracting Psilocybin/Psilocin from Mushrooms/Mycelia, I came accross Hoffman's Recipe. Upon reading the final posting in this thread which spoke of the acetone to wash out other "gunk", I thought about this. Would one first extract a crude brown powder with Methanol (4x), then "wash" this final evaporated extract with Acetone? Or would soaking the crushed mix in Acetone before the extraction with Methanol achieve the same effect? Also, does anyone know what the Chlorophorm wash would remove?? Just curious.

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City Flag
Re: mushroom extraction - psilocybin hcl salt [Re: doctor_kandee]
    #3723162 - 02/03/05 01:54 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

No, you want to extract with a/b first because the tar you'll get from a methanol extraction won't easily dissolve in anything.

I might have been misled if I said it tested positive with Kellers reagent, btw -- this is probably because I didn't dry it -- it was lab grade stuff but who knows? I did do a test of an acetone layer, though, and it turned colours.

I guess I'd like to get an answer as to weather or not it's soluble in acetone -- I've heard different stories both here and on the hive (when it was around) Since I did get a positive test in analytical acetone.... Well, I'm a bit skeptical.

The method I posted a million times should work for all practical purposes, though. Lowdown: a/b extract, evap, alcohol extract

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City Flag
Re: mushroom extraction - psilocybin hcl salt [Re: micro]
    #3723213 - 02/03/05 02:07 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Oh, BTW -- this would be the acetate, not the -hcl because I used dilute acetic acid

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

Offlineconfuzed
Stranger
Re: mushroom extraction - psilocybin hcl salt [Re: micro]
    #5078558 - 12/18/05 03:08 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I've read all these posts, and the goos extracted along with the alcohol extractions cannot be removed with a variety of non-polar solvents or with acetone - they've been tested.

The non-polars people have been using here are weak, toluene or xylene is strong. So it's toluene, xylene or chlorinated hydrocarbons. I highly doubt the toluene or xylene will work because people have stated that the goo readily dissolves in water - that doesn't sound very non-polar to me.

chlorinated hydrocarbons dissolve a whole range of compounds both polar and non-polar - just as acetone does.

So alcohol extractions, and then washing with dichloromethane, hopefully the DCM doesn't dissolve the psilos.

By the way, acetone found in shops invariably contains isopropanol even if it states it's 100%, so trying to wash away the goo with it will lower yields.

Get methylene chloride (dichloromethane), it's paint stripper.

OnlineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: mushroom extraction - psilocybin hcl salt [Re: JssMthrFcknChrst]
    #16611099 - 07/29/12 02:14 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

JssMthrFcknChrst said:
Ever since my not-so-close associate began studding the secrets of mycology, he has been looking for a way to inexpensively and reliably produce crystallized psilocybin extract. Even with anhydrous ethanol he was unable to produce clean crystals, always ending up with a product full of dirty organic leftovers.

Then we ran across a post on some other website about mushroom extraction with the addition of HCl. This apparently converts the psilocybin to psilocybin hcl salt, which is supposed to be insoluble in acetone, forming large crystals.

What follows is my paraphrase of the process outlined. Go here for the original post

• Powderize mushroom carpophores.
  • Soak in high proof alcohol for several hours.
  • Filter alcohol extract - recommenced vacuum filtration or syringe with filter.
  • Add a few drops of HCl to alcohol extract to ph3
  • Evaporate solution to 1/10th volume
  • Clean the solution of fats and resins by using a solvent that will not dissolve in water (lighter fluid, naptha). Allow to stand for several hours, then remove the top layer, which will be the solvent.
  • Slowly mix in acetone, let stand for a few hours until separated in to two layers. Remove the upper layer of acetone, and repeat acetone wash, and remove.
  • Allow residue to slowly dry. Crystals should form.

Does this process seem like a viable path to obtaining a relativily pure product? Has anyone ever attemped this or have experiance with a simial process? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

I Know this is a crazy old thread but this is what I needed. Im getting that vacuum pump very soon now, I knew you could extract and make crystals. I knew it.

Thanks for the Research Jss Chrst
~ LC

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: mushroom extraction - psilocybin hcl salt [Re: JssMthrFcknChrst]
    #16615701 - 07/29/12 02:14 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
If you want to extract useless salts, that's your business but this was off topic here 8 years ago.
RR

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag