Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Refinding my path - letting go of the weed. [Re: question_for_joo]
    #3884058 - 03/07/05 06:50 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

question_for_joo said:
you sounded so enthusiastic, you must've at least been high when you were watching yer sailboat movies, or thinkin about yer sailboats.  hehe.  anyway.  I still love you.  The babysteps idea might work for you.  Then again it might not. 

My suggestion would be leave it out of your control.  Put it in a lockbox, give yer hubbie the key, and tell him to ration you one nug a week.  YOu can always beat him up and steal the key like a crack fiend if the cravings get too intense  :laugh:

:lol: Yeah, when I watched White Squall I was incredibly stoned.

Maybe it is time to lock it up and throw away the key.  :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
Re: Refinding my path - letting go of the weed. [Re: MOTH]
    #3884143 - 03/07/05 07:14 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

It's the best cause no matter what it is you watch it really puts you into the world, lets you focus your imagination on being there along with the characters. Obviously it's especially fun if it's a world that appeals to you. I've watched sports stoned that I have absolutely no interest in while sober and I've been transfixed. I've watched golf stoned, for like half an hour or more. Golf.

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #3884421 - 03/07/05 08:21 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
It bothers me to think that this might be my natural sober state, this depression. Blah, makes me remember why I started smoking habitually to begin with. Weed did wonders for my moody personality.......

.....But that is part of the problem too, because the old anxiety is hitting me hard. I'm irritable. Maybe I am just freaking out about it too much. Who knows. I don't. It's annoying that I feel so bummed out and I know that toking a bit of weed would make me feel so much better.

OMG!!!!!!

I feel the EXACT same way every time I have tried to quit.

I also think this has some merit....

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
You bring up a lot of points for me to consider. Yes, I do think I was self-medicating. I've been on pharms before for mental disorders and I got so sick of the endless search for the perfect drug with no side-effects that I just gave up.

I especially like this point you made:

Quote:

It sounds like your problem might be you are self medicating with pot but not treating it like medicine.

I think you might have hit the nail on the head...

When I tried to quit smoking cigs, I tried many different ways. The one that worked for me was to start rolling my own cigs. Bought some Prince Albert, rolling papers and a little cheap "rolling machine". I had to change the "habit" of smoking into something else.

I have tried this with pot and it did not work.

I have began to look at it this way.....it is like a "spiritual" challenge.

Pot is a VERY tempting plant for me............VERY

When I get weed.....I have no control over myself. I will smoke the equivalent of 3 joints per day untill its gone....regardless of how I try to "pace" myself.

Its the same way with anything I truly enjoy...wine, chocolate candy, gum......these things are ubertempting to me.

I/we have to learn how to NOT be tempted.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Refinding my path - letting go of the weed. [Re: niteowl]
    #3884581 - 03/07/05 08:55 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:

I/we have to learn how to NOT be tempted.

I agree, but it's SOO incredibly difficult. I simply have NEVER learned how to moderate myself with *anything*. (not just pot)

I can't just get rid of all the pot we have, because my husband still smokes. I will never ask him to quit for my sake, since he works a stressful job and uses weed to help him unwind from the work-day. It would be a lot easier if I had no weed in the apartment, but unfortunately I am tempted everytime my husband tokes up. He doesn't toke every day, but just about.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #3884885 - 03/07/05 09:42 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Couldnt he at least smoke in another room?

Not right in front of ya.......

I dont know......
Maybe he has been put there to help you beat the "temptation demon"

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #3885728 - 03/08/05 01:30 AM (19 years, 25 days ago)

To be totally honest with you I am on the same path myself. My abuse of bud has led me to quit smoking. I am sure I will have a couple tokes here and there but after a week and a half of non-smoking I am already starting to feel a little more clear-headed then before. I am sure it will take a couple more weeks to feel totally clear headed however I am in it to win it.

It is hard the first few days however there is nothing a couple drinks won't take care of. A couple beers and a couple tylenol's or vicodin's if you have them will def. help you sleep at night while trying to quit smoking. Since I quit smoking bud I have been drinking a lot more then I used to. I have found that bud has more of a negative effect on your mind where as alcohol has a more negative effect on your physical body.

Yes I know I am substituting one for the other but I would rather feel clear headed then shitty physically.

Just my opinion on the matter.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: Refinding my path - letting go of the weed. [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #3889637 - 03/08/05 09:05 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

id much rather be a daily smoker then a daily drinker.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: Refinding my path - letting go of the weed. [Re: baraka]
    #3889784 - 03/08/05 09:42 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

Not me my friend.. However more people would agree with you than myself on that debate.

Do you agree that a couple drinks a day is less cloudy on your mind but worse on your physical health than say a couple crammed bowls a day?

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Refinding my path - letting go of the weed. [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #3892027 - 03/09/05 09:40 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

i don't get it.. would quiting weed, be like, quiting sex? :P

i just wanted to air the thought. i dont stand by it.

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3892284 - 03/09/05 10:43 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Don't worry. It's not like you have to quit forever. I used to smoke like a fuckin chimney. Had extra money that I got for free, didn't have to work for it, always high.

Anyways, I find drugs can be much more fun in moderation. Binging is fun too, but if it's going to going on for longer then a week you might start running into trouble. I find that doing drugs occasionally makes them more fun. Also your tolerance will go down, and you get fucked up a lot easier.

Good luck with everything.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Refinding my path - letting go of the weed. [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3896269 - 03/10/05 12:55 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Welly Ellemy, I guess you have discovered the weed hangover. Use that as an incentive to cut back.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Offlineheadmix4u
Stranger
Re: Refinding my path - letting go of the weed. [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3907690 - 03/12/05 02:28 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

I am trying to start on the journey of letting go of the weed also. I have been in a cloud for a long time. I went to visit family over in Thailand and i was unable to get weed i was growing through it.The trip was 35 days. I smoked for 11 years and the longest I stop was 2 weeks i think I can't even remember. long story short. I felt like a new man, when I came home to the USA. I did not smoke for 3-4 months My second year in business as a Lawn service and i was doing great waking up on time running with the wind... some where I lost that spirit, and started smoking yes work was allot more fun .. Some how i started missing payments on bills money was a problem, but i still made ends meet. but for some reason i just keep putting things off choirs cleaning its like I need speed pills or something... reflection on this time last year which i was on a airplane coming home from Thailand.. i did not feel this way.

30 days with out smoking there is a difference in life it is much better, I did experience it once

??? Do i wanna go cold turkey I love weed. If i make a goal board can i smoke less and less instead of all day. 1 time a day which i am at now to every other day till 3 days and so on till i stop completely or once on special times, like when some really good kind bud's in town lol Sorry about the long post but like i seen others do it really does help to make a post and let it out. i feel much better. Thanks Shroomey

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Refinding my path - letting go of the weed. [Re: headmix4u]
    #3934301 - 03/18/05 06:30 AM (19 years, 14 days ago)

Update:

I have FINALLY found something that keeps me away from weed. 

Cleaning. 

Seeing something that was previously messy and disorganized become orderly and clean by my own hand gives me the same sort of bone-deep contentment and satisfaction that smoking does. 

I've cleaned out drawers and cupboards in my apartment that haven't seen the light of day in more then two years.  I've mopped and vacuumed like a madwoman for the past 24 hours. 

And spent several hours on the treadmill, cleaning out my body as well. 

I'm pacing myself though.  I don't want to run out of stuff to clean. 

I slipped up these past two weeks, smoking everyday again, but that was before I found my secret weapon:  cleaning. 

Now I am SURE I can go a period of time without weed.  Cleaning is an awesome distraction and makes me more motivated to do other stuff, like read, write and exercise. 

I feel fantastic, to be honest.  And I realized something else while running my brains out on the treadmill:  the only thing stopping me from feeling good and healthy without weed is....ME!!! 

What an earth-shattering realization, eh?  I knew it inside that it all depended on me, but I needed to re-realize it again. 

I have the power!  :smile: 

Wish me luck.  I'm striving for 7 days this time without weed. 

And my apartment is going to SPARKLE INSANELY WITH CLEANLINESS in the meantime.

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
    #3934752 - 03/18/05 09:03 AM (19 years, 14 days ago)

Good on ya Ellemy :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: Refinding my path - letting go of the weed. [Re: Kerr]
    #3936428 - 03/18/05 03:58 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

Hahaha

In my apartment, it's more like smoking is the cure for cleaning.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

OfflineScolecite
enthusiast

Re: Refinding my path - letting go of the weed. [Re: tomk]
    #3936826 - 03/18/05 05:28 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

i just quit too after a horrible flu last weekend. Right now I am dying for a joint. I dont want to drink either becuase then Ill just develop a problem with that and I really dont want to drink I just have to get high somehow.

I feel terrible, I cant do anything I normally do while high. Surfing the net isnt fun anymore and Im just forcing down movies to pass the time.

FOr me it was my life. Now I am having to reinvent my life.

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Refinding my path - letting go of the weed. [Re: Sterile]
    #3937671 - 03/18/05 08:43 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Sterile said:
lol! Ummmm,well,  you must saturate yourself with THC untill your thirst for weed vanishes completely.

Use it untill you really don't feel like using it anymore. Its the only way to see things vividly.

The truth lays on the edges.

It is foggy between the edges,. It is better to experience 100% of what each phaze has to offer you.

Only then, you can benefit the most out of your experiences.

Live your life-break your limits-don't perpetuate  mildness

:rockon:   

:smile:

This is a good reply. I have tried to stop just because I figured I should stop, or maybe I felt guilty, or something. I dunno. But I'm not done with pot yet. When I -really- want to give it up I will. It's not hard to quit if you really want to.

If you *really* want to. Not because you feel guilty.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds