Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: 5-HTP, Ayahuasca, Melatonin

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
On temazepam for my weed addiction
    #1878370 - 09/03/03 07:17 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I smoke weed all day everyday for the last 4 years.

Yesterday I went to the doc cause i been trying to quit but I find as soon as I go to bed I cannot go to sleep. Without weed i'm an insomniac.

Now I have to not smoke anything and pop these tamazepam's an hour before I want to goto bed just so I can sleep!

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisible0toxic0
Stranger
Re: On temazepam for my weed addiction *DELETED* [Re: Ego Death]
    #1878561 - 09/03/03 08:05 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by 0toxic0

Reason for deletion: No Reason.

Offlinemikey_
SURFING ON SINEWAVES
Male

Loc: Liverpool
Re: On temazepam for my weed addiction [Re: 0toxic0]
    #1878578 - 09/03/03 08:09 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

yeah i get that few a for nights. try some warm milk+honey, and turkey. they both contain an aid to sleep. l-tryptophan i think.

--------------------
The poison is the dose - Paracelsus
Let your food be medicine and your medicine be food - Hippocrates

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
Re: On temazepam for my weed addiction [Re: mikey_]
    #1880381 - 09/04/03 07:08 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Melatonin is apparently good for sleep. Much better for you than temazepam too.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: On temazepam for my weed addiction [Re: enotake2]
    #1880427 - 09/04/03 07:56 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Cheers for the suggestions guys, running jogging probably might do the trick if I wore myself to a pulp but no chance on the others.

Your right about the milk but it won't work for me. Its like i'm tired I goto bed and as soon as i'm in I notice my mind is racing at 1000mph nothing is slowing it down other than weed or tamz at the mo.

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: On temazepam for my weed addiction [Re: Ego Death]
    #1880431 - 09/04/03 08:01 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Its a bastard that i spent half my life believing weed isn't addictive if schools really explained the negs of prolonged weed use maybe I would of seen it.

I remember getting drugs advice at school and thinking weed is completly harmless/non addictive even most the teachers agreed. Now I know this to be false I am shocked at the lack of reseach and available knowledge in schoools.

Weed is a precursor also. When you've entered full addiction you will happily replace with shrooms, E, smack whatever just so you don't have to face up to the reality weed had been hiding you from for so long.

I never believed it to be addictive or something that leads onto other drugs but it does!!!

--------------------

Offlinemikey_
SURFING ON SINEWAVES
Male

Loc: Liverpool
    #1880529 - 09/04/03 09:40 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

yeah weed is addictive psychologically, but it's easy to kick if you want to.
the biggest problem i find is when i'm on a break, i'm constantly surrounded by weed smokers.it's hard then not to join in. if you remove yourself from a weed smoking environment its pretty easy.  a few sleepless nights yeah, but its not that bad.

for most people as well, i dont believe that they need to replace the weed high with shrooms, e etc. some people see that safe and moderate use of harder drugs can make them better people, and its interesting, and fun :smile: . they don't do it to escape reality. some do though, and this is when drugs can become a problem.

--------------------
The poison is the dose - Paracelsus
Let your food be medicine and your medicine be food - Hippocrates

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: On temazepam for my weed addiction [Re: mikey_]
    #1888272 - 09/06/03 01:13 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I've made 4 days!!! I haven't done this for years and its great, I'm not gonna start again now.

I like being straight, I'm witty, I can pull women and I don't get social anxiety or paranoia now.

--------------------

Anonymous #1

#1888388 - 09/06/03 02:23 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i've smoked weed almost every day for 2 years. then, i realized i didn't like the idea of alway thinking about being high and i stopped. it wasn't hard because i wanted to stop, and therefore my desire for it ceased to exist.

just because you are having a hard time quitting does not mean its addictive and should be taught in school that is bad. you have to put something in place of your weed smoking, not sit in the same place you toked up everyday and feel sorry for yourself because you have nothing to do. do what the people above said... go jogging and find something else you want to do. if you don't have a good reason to quit then of course you will find it "addicting" because its your hobby.

but please don't be ridiculous and say things like this

"Its a bastard that i spent half my life believing weed isn't addictive if schools really explained the negs of prolonged weed use maybe I would of seen it."

as soon as something is negative in your life, you don't go and blame the damn drug and school for you inability to control yourself. how pathetic.

Invisible0toxic0
Stranger
Re: On temazepam for my weed addiction *DELETED* [Re: ]
    #1888638 - 09/06/03 04:25 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by 0toxic0

Reason for deletion: No Reason.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #1889045 - 09/06/03 07:36 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

danoEoboy said:
Weed is a precursor also.  When you've entered full addiction you will happily replace with shrooms, E, smack whatever just so you don't have to face up to the reality weed had been hiding you from for so long.

I never believed it to be addictive or something that leads onto other drugs but it does!!! 

I smoke casually, with no addiction problems, and even when I was smoking daily I never had the urge to do smack or E. 

Sorry to hear that you didnt have the willpower to handle it.  It seems you are finally admitting your own mistakes and weaknesses.  Taking personal responsibility for your own failures is a tough thing to do. 

Hope everything works out for you.  :sun: 

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: On temazepam for my weed addiction [Re: pattern]
    #1893399 - 09/08/03 10:38 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

>>>as soon as something is negative in your life, you don't go and blame the damn drug and school for you inability to control yourself. how pathetic<<<

Looner lives up to his name, then.

So if its not the effect of the drug, why am I better now I'm not on it??? Why do I no longer have paranoia/anxiety/sweats/shakes? Wether you like it or not these are side effects of smoking cannabis, not the inability to control myself.

I spose you think someone who developes scitzophrenia from drug use is lying and simply 'can't control theirselves'.

Whats pathetic is that Looner is unwilling to face up to the reality of drug intake, probably due to his own problems that he won't face up to.

Why not blame the school? If they made students aware of the side effects of cannabis maybe more users who are fucked from it today wouldn't be. I have a friend who is a complete agoraphobic thanks to dope. I'm sure as hell he would of never entered that path if someone taught him what 'could' happen.

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

#1893412 - 09/08/03 10:43 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Thank You pattern. I am sorry if i appeared to be tarring all weed users with the same brush. Theres an exception to every rule and I certainly don't think everybody reacts the way I did, but a high percentage definately do. All I have to do is examine the differences in my friends now compared to how they were be4 we ever got involved (and i'm talking years).

Toolshroomer : Yes I was completely honest and also surprised how easily I got the prescription.

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

#1893424 - 09/08/03 10:48 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

>>>not sit in the same place you toked up everyday and feel sorry for yourself<<<

Looner your a fuckin twat and how dare make all those assumptions about me, you don't know me or how I feel.

This is support central if your just gonna make up crap and attack people then FUCK OFF.

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

#1893434 - 09/08/03 10:50 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Word Web dictionary definition of Addictive, just to clear it up.

To cause (someone or oneself) to become dependent (on something, esp. a narcotic drug).
Compulsively or physiologically dependent on something habit-forming.

--------------------

Anonymous #1

#1894000 - 09/08/03 01:55 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

So if its not the effect of the drug, why am I better now I'm not on it??? Why do I no longer have paranoia/anxiety/sweats/shakes? Wether you like it or not these are side effects of smoking cannabis, not the inability to control myself.

the drug had an effect on YOU... there are not universal truths about marijuana and how it affects people. you are instantly claiming that marijuana is bad/addictive/causes all kinds of disorders and therefore relinquishes all fault from the user. that is a cop out and what gives drug users a bad name, take responsibility for the effect that marijuana has on you, don't pass it onto the plant.

Why not blame the school? If they made students aware of the side effects of cannabis maybe more users who are fucked from it today wouldn't be. I have a friend who is a complete agoraphobic thanks to dope. I'm sure as hell he would of never entered that path if someone taught him what 'could' happen.

why not blame yourself? the fact that you are on the internet right now, gives no excuse as to not being about to research the drug as extensively as you wish. its sad that you've been smoking a drug that alters your mind and body for the past 4 years, and haven't even studied its side effects? again, this is the kind of shit which gives all drug users a bad name. take responsibilty for yourself, this is the only way we will be able to live in harmony with drugs and government.

listen, i was not attacking you personally, only your belief that it was entirely the drugs fault, and not your own. the fact that you realized your problem with it, is a positive thing. congratulations on quitting.

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: On temazepam for my weed addiction [Re: ]
    #1895483 - 09/08/03 08:27 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

>>>you are instantly claiming that marijuana is bad/addictive/causes all kinds of disorders<<<

Like, I said there are exceptions to every rule. However, most of my friends who are long term smokers have developed some kind of disorder. They are each very different though.

>>>take responsibility for the effect that marijuana has on you<<<

I have, that is why I can no longer smoke it. I haven't said every1 else shouldn't, just that they should be warned of the possible negative effects for long term use.

>>>the fact that you are on the internet right now, gives no excuse as to not being about to research the drug as extensively as you wish<<<

The main point being 'right now', when I was at school I didn't have Internet access. Like I said, I based my decisions on what the school taught me.

>>>a drug that alters your mind and body<<<
This in itself is a universal effect of the drug & you stated there are none.

>>>take responsibilty for yourself<<< Now I'm older/wiser I am! This is the whole point of my post, otherwise I'd still believe it to be a 100% safe drug.

By the time I realised it was the cannabis causing the side effects, I was already addicted.

>>>your belief that it was entirely the drugs fault, and not your own<<<

Where did I state 'entirely'? Of cause it is my fault I am the one that started and continued to smoke it. What I blame the drug for is paranoia/anxiety and addiction all of which are listed effects of cannabis from research from many different sources.

>>>the fact that you realized your problem with it, is a positive thing. congratulations on quitting.<<<

Thank You, but please don't be so presumptious in the future.

--------------------

OfflineDucky
Governor ofRhythm
Male

Loc: on a boat somewhere
    #5716997 - 06/06/06 12:00 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

:evil:You might want to check out your doc's record.  Prescribing temazepam, or anything else for that matter, for addiction to weed is total BS!  Quack..quack..said the duck.  Dude, you REALLY don't want to quit, first admit that!  After that's in your mind, go do some research on cannabinols and their effect on the pinneal gland in YOUR brain.  Once you realize how chronic use of pot can really throw this pea-sized organ we all have completely out of whack, maybe you will try to learn some self control. 

:rasta:Ok.  I used to be a huuuuge pot head, like many 8ths a day, it was Bullshit.  I now use an 8th over the course of two months maybe..?  Anyways, I understand your lack of motivation to type in the proper words into a search engine between reading comments on your post here, so I'll give you the info you need. 

:stoned:Ingesting pot, whether smoked or eaten, can spike your natural melatonin levels by up to 400%!  All of that serotonin you start using at the end of the day to produce melatonin is then wasted trying to produce more melatonin.  It's a dark, ugly cycle.  Longterm, serotonin levels tend to drop, as do melatonin levels if you smoke pot to help you fall asleep.  So do B vitamins.  They are necessary to produce and metabolize indole compounds.  Smoking pot also releases dopamine, the pleasure chemical we all have.  Schizophrenics tend to have too much of it in their neuro synapses, whereas irritable, easily cryable, depressives, and coke, heroin, tweakers, tend to have too little.  Smoking pot can lead you in either direction, depending on how you personally react to it.  But we're not talking about the plant's effects on your dopaminergic system, so I'll end it there.

:donut:It's known that one can preload for a pot high with melatonin, much like how X heads might preload with 5-htp.  Melatonin is the main chemical responsible for the hypnotic effect cannabis can have on its user, as it further metabolised to produce pinnoline (our brain's natural MAOI), then DMT and 5MeoDMT (both found in ayahuasca brews mixed with harmala alkaloids (Short acting MAOI that are almost identical to pinnoline).  Melatonin is the metabolite of serotonin (5ht), which is the direct metabolite of 5htp (a nutritional supplement avail at any health store, try GNC.  It sounds like you're in the US, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding melatonin at GNC or Whole Foods, for example. 

:chillpill:Try popping a few melatonin an hour or two before going to bed (or say about 10 hours before you must wake up), which is a natural sleep hormone.  It's totally safe, and actually really good for you as well.  It's most commonly used by the elder for sleep problems and for masking jet lag.  The most serious side effect possible is horrible artificial jetlag, caused from taking it too soon to when you must wake up.  It will not only give you freedom from using cannabis to fall asleep, but you will also wake up feeling much more rested, and best of all, you won't have to get addicted to a benzodiazepine.  Benzos are actually addictive, pot isn't.  If you think you are addicted to pot, I'd suggest it an extremely dangerous idea for you to touch anything with a similar potential, if not a greater one.  Hit me back on PM if you want any more information about nutritional supps that would help ya out.  I've gone through it myself.  Probably many people on this forum have too!

Good luck bro!

:piss:

--------------------
"Whoa! ...did you just see that too?"

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: On temazepam for my weed addiction *DELETED* [Re: Ducky]
    #5717272 - 06/06/06 01:00 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

go get some melatonin dude.

i take about 1.5 mg sublingually then swallowed maybe 2-3 days in a row max then stop. it will help you reset your sleep schedule.

what you do is 1 hr before bedtime sit in the complete dark and take the 1.5 mg (roughly that kind of a dose) and hold it in your mouth, then put a little bit of water in your mouth so it dissolves.

keep the mixture in your mouth for quite a while while you read the computer or something (in the dark is best so you get sleepier... very best) or just do something unwinding that can be done in the dark.

then after 30-40 mins or so swallow it

once you start feeling real relaxed and/or sleepy go to bed.

you can get it at any pharmacy, wal-greens, etc.

Quote:

If you think you are addicted to pot, I'd suggest it an extremely dangerous idea for you to touch anything with a similar potential,

yes. and don't use pot to sleep is the other best advice. use it to nap in the afternoon then get up and eat a nice dinner or something maybe... i dunno. pot in moderation is the best way.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (06/06/06 01:04 AM)

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5718323 - 06/06/06 11:30 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

this post should be titled "on drugs for my drug addiction"

--------------------
music: myspace.com/soundscientists
I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf.

No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: 5-HTP, Ayahuasca, Melatonin

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being