Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: nanananotehead]
    #3011676 - 08/17/04 12:14 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I haven't smoked seriously in a year now. I probably smoked anything about 5 times max this year. I don't smoke weed because it makes me lose my sanity.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3014030 - 08/17/04 02:25 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Fucknuckle said:
My lungs look like a battered 20 year old bong

they feel like a beat up rug

But somehow I can't stop smoking

Me and weed need each other

Yikes! This is what I mean. People get very attatched to thier drug, and it doesnt matter how harful it may or may not be. Or what you compare it to. It just does not matter.

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3024432 - 08/19/04 04:15 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I haven't smoked in over 5 years.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #3027995 - 08/20/04 10:03 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

After 5 years, I'm on my last bag. Classes are starting. I can't deal with my social anxiety anymore. Maybe lack of herb would do some good, I haven't tried yet.

I'm just afraid I might have to say goodbye forever. Better than a benzo addiction.

Offlinels25dx2
Stranger
    #3028095 - 08/20/04 10:28 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i used to smoke at least 5 times a day, and loved it, but it got to the point where it was getting old
i still smoke often, but not nearly as much...i like having a clear mind once in a while, and not being burnt out all the time is good too

but, i still love the ganja :bong:

OfflineChazzersize
Pokemon Master
Male

Loc: Center Of The World
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? Yep [Re: ls25dx2]
    #3028586 - 08/20/04 01:09 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

School is starting....I'm very active in the theatre also. You NEED a clear head and to think fast to get through it unscaved.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: Elise]
    #3028779 - 08/20/04 02:10 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

So I have stopped for the time being to help get a grip. I will say that I have had some fucked up dreams since I have stopped also. 

I've noticed that whenever I'm not on it I have much more vivid dreams.  I had quit for a year, then an eighth landed in my lap three weeks ago, and I'm still using it. I'm gonna stop when it runs out (which it looks like will be today).  I find that I get high for no reason when I have  weed . And I don't enjoy it as much.  And I do less schoolwork.  I much prefer being a non-smoker who partakes when someone hands him a joint, but doesn't get high by himself anymore.

I guess it's kind of cool that I can make an eighth last three weeks nowadays. :stoned:

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Invisiblesynthesis
everydayjunglist

Loc: va
    #3031695 - 08/21/04 05:48 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i lost interest in it also, after it started to make me paranoid and increase my anxiety. i smoked for a few years non-stop in highschool, then took a break for years. some 7 years later, i thought it would be ok to smoke again, and found it has the same effects. now when i look at my pot-head friends, i marvel at the fact of how lazy, paranoid, forgetful, and unmotivated they become when they smoke.

the only use i could see for pot anymore is help with creativity sometimes, especially producing tracks. other than that i have no use for that plant.

--------------------
http://www.infowars.com

Anonymous #1

#3034410 - 08/21/04 09:28 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I quit but not by choice. I don't know any dealers where I live. The only time I get to buy weed is when I visit my cousins which is 4 hours a away. That's only like 3 times a year now. :frown:

Offlinefigure
Stranger
    #3034670 - 08/21/04 10:45 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

friend gave up full football scholarship over drugs?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! I'm new here! I don't know what else to do. I have been seeing this guy for about 6 months and have watched him slowly go down hill. He has been to anger management after getting a DUI in December. He has walked off the football field after cussing the coaches and now he has given up his full scholarship to play football. He left this summer in the middle of the night, without telling anyone. I was out of town. He packed up and went home. I have been trying and trying to find out why?? the more I pursue, the more he distances!! I just saw him last weekend. The first time in 6 weeks. HE LOOKED AWFUL! His eyes were bloodshot, pupils dilated, looked like he hadn't had a bath in months, stunk like sweat and smelled like marijuana. I couldn't believe it. I was scared to say anything so I didnt. We visited, had great sex and he left me saying he had some business to take care of. I think he may be dealing also!! I'm soo confused!! I can't gey any answers out of him and when I told him over the phone this week I knew about his addiction, he blew up at me and talked to me like I was a dog! I pray he does not mean what he said!! He says he used me for sex!! He just tells me he luvs me to get it. I told him that when you have slept with someone over a dozen times that that's not using someone for sex. I live in Louisiana and he lives in Texas. Why call me and text message me weekly if he does not really care for me? He could just get it from some girl there? I told him he needed help and not to call anymore when he was high! He is in denial sooo bad and will not talk to me, says he doesn't care about our friendship? Does he really feel this way? I need to know for me! I know he is doing marijuana but cant figure out what else? He sleeps all day and stays out all night! He is definately not the same person I new before! I'm scared he might do something to hurt himself and am seeking advice on how to deal with this!! He lies all the time does not see that he has a problem! Please help! Any advice will be appreciated!

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #3034982 - 08/22/04 12:35 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

nanananotehead said:
I quit smokin weed 78 days ago and I dont plan on starting again. The last few times I smoked was terrible because I became anxious and a tad bit paranoid. Set and Setting was in place but I think DRO just fucks with my head too much. Anyone else quit smoking lately?

I loved smoking weed, but I quit in January after 7 years of smoking almost daily. Smoking never negatively affected my life, but I quit because I promised my parents I would and I would much rather quit smoking than hurt my relationship with them. It was really easy to quit too. I just stopped one day. The only thing that really bothered me was giving away my nice bong, hooka and pipes.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #3035175 - 08/22/04 01:51 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I quit for about 3 months after having a panic attack and episode of depression that lasted for almost two months. It is interesting to chronicle my relationship with weed:
When I first tried it I did not like it, believed that it was total insanity and definately should not be legal. Second time it was cool. Third time I didn't like it again (Both 1st and 3rd times I couldn't even speak).
After that I went through a slow process of getting comfortable with smoking to the point I craved it throughout the week. Even so, most of the time I would feel really anxious when about to smoke. In fact I would often tell myself I would smoke, but then keep putting it off out of fear of my normal mind losing control. Eventually, that all but went away.

Then I overdid it and I have been trying to force myself to try it again just to overcome my fear. I got mildly high tonight, and it was pretty cool, but left me with the feeling of being unwholesome and unmotivated. I think it could be a hindrance to my Buddhist practice.
I will try it a few more times and gradually build up the dose, but even if I get comfortable with it again I will probobly stop as it would not help my spiritual life.

OfflineNosferatuMan
Stranger
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #4247318 - 06/02/05 08:49 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Yrtlzmo said:
I don't, I tried it once and my basic opinion of weed is, "meh".

Oh, how time has changed.

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #4248458 - 06/02/05 02:25 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

If weed is a teacher plant, then how come most of its students never learn its lesson?  :shocked:

When you finally learn a lesson, you don't really need to get the same lesson again and again...

What weed helps you understand imo is the way to meditate!
I am off weed since 8-9 months now, after 7 years of smoking constantly and i assure you that i am not sober!

I smoked so much that my mind is still in the green world.
In the begining i thought that these are just after effects of smoking immence amounts of weed

...but i think there is more than that, i believe that i have learned a new way to perceive things, a new way to kill thought which makes me act as if i was high.

Of course, some students feel the need to get a few more lesson to fully understand the lesson but......

...i know that the pleasure extraction from the teacher plant is the basis for the addiction.

The feeling of euphoria, the memory loss,

Only when we decline the pleasure, we are able to see its source.This happens because we do not have enough energy to concentrate on both pleasure enjointment and the understanding of its source at the same time...

Now seeing the pleasure's source is a little bit more enjoyable than the pleasure itself! and thats because knowledge of the mechanics of the roots of pleasure, is puuure pleasure! since knowing the way it works, brings its whole process out of the fog and makes it understandable ans usefull for the sober mind.

Enter the world of magic, travel deep into the core of your brain, look at what weed is trying to teach you!

THE TRUE ESSENCE OF THE SUBSTANCE IS THAT ITS NOT ABOUT THE SUBSTANCE AT ALL!

When you fully understand the teaching of a substance, you dont need it anymore, you are one with it

Anything that can be achived with a substance ,can be achived without it too. Thats the whole point

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: woodwork Flag
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: Sterile]
    #4248528 - 06/02/05 02:40 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Ya I was a heavy smoker for a while then finally got caught by my parents. About a month after I got caught I smoked and it was a horrifying experience. Ever since then I have been getting mild anxiety when I have been gettin high. I have been able to cope with the anxiety and it has really gone down. Even when I am withbest friends my it happens. My breathing always seems weird like I am breathing into one lung or my stomach or I dunno. I also have trouble sitting still because I can never get comfortable. It always feels like I am sitting on my balls and the circulation is cut off, thought I don't think it is. Within the past 2 weeks though I think I have finally been able to enjoy my high again because I decided I would 'go with the flow' and everything seemed to smooth out.

EDIT: I do not have anxiety(at least not that I know of) when I am sober.

Edited by Tangerines (06/02/05 02:41 PM)

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: Tangerines]
    #4249370 - 06/02/05 05:58 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It's interesting to see this topic brought back...

I smoked occasionally in the past and bought very occasionally. I'm never smoking marijuana ever again. Or atleast not for a LOOOOOONG time. Apparently, there is something wrong with me because I do not get anything close to a pleasureable "high". I get extremely "low" and zombified.

Fuck marijuana.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Offlinebhopkinz
Stranger
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: Society]
    #4253853 - 06/03/05 08:30 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i think alot of people get those kind of experiences, just they are less heard of. there definitely is a kind of image that people associate with weed smoking. in general it is a kind of "chilled out" or "cool" picture in their minds that they believe weed provokes.

however smokers of the stuff will know its alot different from that in many cases. just depends on the person and their current state of mind. at worst it can cause severe paranoia and even trigger mental illnesses. the stuff isnt a "medicine" if you ask me. more just a herb than kind of numbs your feelings..and this is what makes it so pleasurable.

OfflineMenuShroom
~~~~~~~~~
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: bhopkinz]
    #5235698 - 01/28/06 04:00 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I spend a lot of time on the weed forums.. I can say I'm pretty experienced with weed. I've had a prescription before, and was able to choose between all the different strains in a medical club in California.

Any informed smoker/grower, will tell you, that weed isn't just weed. There is Cannabis Sativa, Cannabis Indica, and then the hybrids of the two. This is why you see different effects people are getting on this thread.

The paranoia is generally more present with the heady strains, which are the sativas. You smoke this stuff, and the effect is mainly in your head. Your get energetic, your mind gets going, and you can think different deeper thoughts. If you smoke an indica, you will get couch-locked, maybe tired, slow, its more of an narcotic effect.

Then there is the time you harvest... if you harvest later, there are more CBN's present in the weed, which produces more of a sleepy high... So if you harvest a sativa or indica late you will get this effect. Its just that, if you smoke a sativa, and its harvested late, it will be a weird sleepy but head high. Opposite with indica.

Most people probably have problems with anxiety and paranoia because of the sativa strains. Alot of weed on the streets is hybrid, so you do get the sativa influence. Sativa has that ability to open up your head, to whatever is already there. If you have any hints of anxiety normally, this will be magnified. In that sense, sativa weed has more of a hallucinogenic property. Many people find smoking indicas quells their anxiety. It relaxes them, it doesn't fuck with their head at all...etc.

Also, there is an issue of dosage. Weed is to be respected, just like any herb...tobacco etc. Respect it, it will respect you. That means not taking 8 bong hits in one sitting. Moderation is important. I think the indians had a saying about tobacco, in that if you respect it in moderation, the plant will reward you for it. But once you overstep that line, the plant will not be good to you, because your not respecting its potential.

I can also relate to the anxiety talked about here. But in my case, my anxiety was already there. Before I really even started using marijuana, I was on Paxil. Paxil was great for any anxiety, social anxiety, depression, etc. It basically numbed all of that for me.

I found, after visiting the clubs, that a sativa was great. In small little hits, it was like taking espresso shots in a way... it boosted my energy, quickened my mind, etc. The thing with this was, Paxil can kinda slow you down a bit. So this combo worked really well. However, I made the choice to slowly come off the Paxil. As I did that, alot of my old mental "problems" started surfacing. At the time, I didn't really think about the effects of the Sativa on my very sensitive paxil-free mind....

Over time, old anxieties and problems that I had before either weed OR paxil, started coming back. I noticed that the sativa started agrivating me at times. Basically, it would highlight some of my insecurities, or paranoias, and make them seem alot more "present" in my mind. However, the sativa didn't just MAKE UP these paranoias.

The problem with paranoia, and anxiety, and negative thoughts...is that they feed on themselves. Sativa in a way, just shows you what you got going on inside your head. It is up to you to resolve those thoughts...and that is more of the lines of Cognitive Therapy, which I'll get to later.

Anyways, after I was completely off Paxil, it got to the point where things just weren't the same. Weed just didn't "do" it for me. I never was a heavy user, but I think as I came off the Paxil, I started reaching for it more, thinking it might help me more if I smoked more.
That wasn't the case... And I still didn't make the connection with the type of weed... unfortunately, always reaching for the sativa.
Well, everything came to a close when I broke up with my girlfriend. My pre-paxil anxiety filled self was back, the marijuana was just accentuating it, and I was trying to support myself in a really expensive city with minimum wage.

I got to a stress threshold and broke up with my girlfriend. Shit REALLY hit the fan with mental problems. Breaking up with a girlfriend you love is REALLY hard. But try doing that when your already a mental wreck, and the weed is highlighting those feelings. I've never felt so low before, my heart felt broken more than i could ever describe, I couldn't think straight.

At this point I tried a friend's purple strain he got from one of the clubs. This was a mostly indica strain. It made me feel so much better, and so much less stressed. But I didn't make the connection at the time. I didn't know what else to do, so I quit the weed. It was hard... but everything was hard at that point. I started going on long walks whenever I just felt weird...which was alot. These walks did help.

I ended up moving back to my university in my homestate, to finish the degree I started, which is where I am now. Because of unavailability, I haven't smoked weed since. Its been 6 months now.

But one thing is awesome... I got myself out of the cognitive mess I was in, but following the "Feeling Good Mood Therapy" book from Dr. Burns. I tought myself that I did have control over my thoughts, and my attitudes. Reguardless of anything else, I taught myself to get over my anxieties, insecurities, and depression.

Weed is complicated. Its not so simple as we might think. But thats part of the mystery, and why I like it. Many of the more expert smokers/growers will grow different strains... and the medical users will grow different strains. Some of them that have problems with anxiety, or depression, will grow different strains with different sativa/indica ratios.

So I hope this post opens up people's minds to the different types of marijuana... the strain is important, as well as the dose. If you have a strain that is 60% indica and 40 % sativa...then smoking a little bit will probably give you a nice body high, with a mild head high. But lets say instead you sit there and toke more than a little...well, most likely what will happen is your body will just get a little bit more sedated, but your mind will start really going because of the increased sativa hit...and then you might have issues with anxiety/paranoia.

Smoking a little sativa is like having a cup of coffe, but more interesting. Smoking a lot of sativa is like having a mind trip.
Smoking a little indica is like having a relaxed body high. Smoking alot of indica is like taking narcotics. Actually, some people say that smoking a Black Domina (a potent indica strain) is like taking an Ambien, but squared. I'm sure that only if you smoke a decent amount though.

So, I wonder if this discussion can be furthered with this new information...

Peace

Edited by MenuShroom (01/28/06 04:10 PM)

Offlinedruqks46
its dat woowoo
Loc: trees
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: MenuShroom]
    #5238415 - 01/29/06 12:34 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Weed has been a problem for me. It becomes a number one priority instead of school work and other important things. Procrastination has been a huge battle and I think weed has not helped one bit. I enjoy a smoke before bed, but my normal regime has been: get up and smoke while in shower, then eat, smoke on the way to school, then smoke after school , eat lunch, smoke after lunch, smoke before work at night, smoke during work, and smoke after work... it becomes something I do before I do other activities to make them "fun" when in really it makes me tired, unmotivated, very unsocial, forgetful, etc. Moderation is hard, and something I am willing to conquer, but making these same mistakes over and over have led to me deleting my "guy's" phone number and such. Oh, and another thing... At work everyone smokes... Its a restaurant, what do you expect? So being around it all the time and being asked to go smoke is very very tempting. My pros and cons go like this:
Pros:
-Love to listen to music high
-Awesome sedative for at night
-Great for unwinding at the end of the day.
Cons:
MEMORY IS RETARDED
-Priorities get misplaced easily
-Law enforcement concerns
-Makes me tired for the most part
-Moody songs can make me think about depressing subjects
-Expensive as a mofo
-Dealing with stupid dealers just to get a bag (college student, so i cant grow my own)

I dont mind gettin high once in a while when the time is right... but i have not been able to bring myself to that point of selfmastery in order to do it in moderation. SO i plan on not buying it anymore... to see what happens. HAving my own sack is the problem with weed for me in a nutshell, self control sucks. Plus if i were to smoke, id like to grow it myself and choose which strains etc... just more control would be cool instead of whatever the dude has i buy. haha I am jsut glad i can look at it like this, it has taken me some time to get to this point with laying off the smoke.

InvisibleNemo_Hoes
Juan Sánchez Villa-Lobo Ramírez
 User Gallery

Loc: Ray Ray's Mystery Garage
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: druqks46]
    #5238450 - 01/29/06 12:45 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Gabe, Learn to get high and function dammit. End transmission. And fagboi better have my money.

--------------------
We will also report to the NAACP and to Al Sharpton's entourage, how the Shroomery administrators allows their mods and members to be balatantly allowed the use of the 'N' word.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale