Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: On temazepam for my weed addiction *DELETED* [Re: kotik]
    #5958457 - 08/13/06 05:24 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

You see i see this whole thing in this light:
If you read medical or governmental websites or sources they will tell you that weed is MORE dangerous than it really is.
If you listen to people on drug websites they will tell you that weed is LESS dangerous than it is POSSIBLE for it to be.
I was a heavy smoker for many years without any problems. But just because that is me, doesnt mean that a small percentage of users do become heavily dependent on marijuana - psychologically and do suffer withdrawal symptoms.
Ive also seen weed spark psychotic breaks in two individuals, both of who are now diagnosed paranoid schizophrenics - and both without a latent history of that illness in their family.
And lastly ive had a few other friends that have taken acid with no problems, but after heavy weed use just became annoying self-absorbed and one dropped out of uni so he could spend time 'playing guitar' - this was a perfectly rational choice for a guy that only six months before was together and getting As in computer science.

It aint all bad, but it aint all good either. And I dont buy the line that its the individuals self control that is the issue - people are different and some people just respond to it differently.

It is now accepted in most psyciatric and neurological research bodies that marijuana is addictive in a small minority of users.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinevanillasnake21
Not a Stranger
Male

Re: On temazepam for my weed addiction [Re: Ego Death]
    #14347244 - 04/25/11 02:09 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

What everyones trying to say is that your weed addiction cannot really be called an addiction because of weed because this type of addiction can happen to any activity that is done long enough and that is reasonably enjoyable to you. Try doing something extremely fun and enlightening every day for 4 years, and then stop. It doesn't have to be drugs it can be playing a game or watching a movie or any other activity. Now if you stop that activity very abruptly you will get an extreme urge to do it. And you will feel depressed and angry and in generally feel bad because you are unable to do it anymore. This is a form of extreme psychological addiction where the symptoms are shared with the physical addiction. But it's not generally considered that marijuana leads to one. That is why they don't teach it in schools and don't list it as a side effects. If we did, then we would also tell you how video games, books, sports, studying can be addicting and teach you not to do it. It all comes down to how well you know yourself, Hahahahah

--------------------

You came out of this world like a wave comes out from the ocean, you are not a stranger here. -Alan Watts

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom