Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

Post deleted by Anno
    #2644185 - 05/06/04 04:22 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
Re: weed makes me depressed [Re: ]
    #2644274 - 05/06/04 05:52 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

hey man, i feel you 100%

many psychologists out there will say that herbs are used as self-medication for many untreated depressed/anxious kids...whether you agree or not is your own perogative (around these boards if you believe a psychologist it feels like its worthy of being executed on the spot)

I, for one, believe it *braces for the shots*

I'm the same way, and im sure many other feel your pain. When i smoke i get hypersensitive and too introspective, overanalyzing everything that gets said, negatively attributing, the list goes on and on.

my solution? I dont smoke anymore, almost at all. Sometimes i do, and everytime i do i feel like a subject in an operant conditioning experiment...but i dont learn :P

damn humans!

Good luck with that friend, i would say stay away from the herbs if you find yourself happier away from them. There is life outside of mj.

Peace
--Krem

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

OfflineHowardo
Male User Gallery

Loc: No left turn unstoned
Re: weed makes me depressed [Re: Kremlin]
    #2645009 - 05/06/04 12:56 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i hear that shit. i'm the same way. but usually when those things start happening i realize my muscles are all tensed up. so i relax, think about happy stuff and enjoy some melodies.

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
    #2645147 - 05/06/04 01:33 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I only get depressed from weed if I smoke excessively.  Excessively to me is 2-3 bowls a night.  It may be different for you.  A good way to combat weed depression is taking a break every other day to go and get some rigorous excercise.  Not only will you feel healthier (your lungs will thank you), but it will help regulate your metabolism, give you more energy in the long run and help take your mind off of the daily bullshit. 

Also, try to smoke only at night.  If you smoke earlier in the day, you will feel like shit later on.  Smoking at night is much better because after you chill with your friends for a few hours you can just hit the sack and sleep like a baby.  When you smoke, try not to get ultra-blasted too, I like to just take a few smallish hits and relax and talk with people alot of the time.  Hope this helps.  :thumbup:

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

Anonymous #1

#2645487 - 05/06/04 02:31 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

you're not alone. that story sounds pretty familiar.

solution:

stop smoking weed.

:mrt:  - DON'T DO DRUGS!

OfflineTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
    #2645574 - 05/06/04 02:52 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

weed makes me high...

Offlinegreenhaze
one toke overthe line

Loc: the severed garden
    #2645661 - 05/06/04 03:23 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

yeah, pretty much the same thing happened to me...now i make it a point to just smoke small amounts at a time and keep it on weekends, special occasions, ect...

InvisibleTheDude
is waiting forthe peak

#2645770 - 05/06/04 03:53 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

im another one that's in your shoes fella. i used to be a weed fiend but it started taking its toll on my personality and mental health. in the last few months i have drastically cut back my usage, but everytime i do smoke i notice that my thoughts turn negative immediately. when i smoke, i go from being really happy and content with my situation in life to feeling like my life has never been worse. my social skills become fucked and i don't feel like talking to anybody at all. now i try to moderate, long breaks inbetween buying sacs and taking only a couple of hits at a time.

i just don't understand how this plant when from being friend to foe so quickly....

--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #2646396 - 05/06/04 05:59 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Damn when im depressed i smoke weed and i feel instantly glad again.

Offline0xYg3n
topdawg
 User Gallery

#2648264 - 05/07/04 12:19 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Beer makes me depressed

edit: that's just cuz i'm not drinking enough :lol:

Edited by 0xYg3n (05/07/04 12:30 AM)

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #2655738 - 05/09/04 04:33 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i don't like to smoke weed. it gets me depressed about not making any moves with girls, deeply afraid/anxious in social settings, and generally hopeless about all things in my life while i'm high.

i made the mistake of taking a bunch of bongrips and then going to see LOTR3. i kept relating myself to gollum. i felt alone, scared, hopeless, and even evil(like i was the worst human on the planet) in that movie theater(even though i was surrounded by my friends and the positive light of a night at the movies, which probably made it worse for me). it was one of the most terrifying experiences in my life.

i'm very negative while high and i always ask myself "why do i get high? i know i hate it but i keep going back and doing it again and again". when i'm sober i think that maybe i'd like to get high again but when i'm high i hate it. its a fucking cycle but my personality is so damn addictive that i keep running back.

i'm off it now, but i keep going back and forth with this drug and i'm sure to be on it again soon.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being