Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Offlinenanananotehead
The Will or TheWay

does anyone else here NOT smoke weed?
    #2571977 - 04/17/04 06:57 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I quit smokin weed 78 days ago and I dont plan on starting again. The last few times I smoked was terrible because I became anxious and a tad bit paranoid. Set and Setting was in place but I think DRO just fucks with my head too much. Anyone else quit smoking lately?

--------------------
CEPHALIC CARNAGE__ CEPHALICCARNAGE.NET

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: nanananotehead]
    #2572051 - 04/17/04 07:33 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I quit, more or less... I'll have a free spliff with some friends once in a blue moon, still get paranoid off it so usually I say no thanks.  Its going to be hard now that my dog is going to start dealing with big weights soon :shiftyeyes:

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

OfflineMorbidHamster
Total Head Fook
Loc: Un-United Kingdom
    #2572056 - 04/17/04 07:34 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I quit smoking about a year and a half ago, i still have a toke now and again but maybe a couple of tokes just to get me 'gone' you know, i suffered the same shit. trouble was i kept toking away even with the anxiety and paranoia! Really messed me up man, glad you stoped as soon as it first happened.

Anonymous #1

#2572742 - 04/18/04 12:36 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I quit but not by choice. I have no hookups where I live and it is really lame.

InvisibleElise
Inner Being

Loc: Ohio
    #2572868 - 04/18/04 02:05 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I quit smoking about 2 weeks ago for the same reasons as you. I tend to get quite a bit of anxiety from smoking and I just get an uncomfortable feeling from it. So I have stopped for the time being to help get a grip. I will say that I have had some fucked up dreams since I have stopped also. Can't say that I really miss it.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: Elise]
    #2573487 - 04/18/04 09:54 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'm on a temporarily leave due to lack of money. As soon as I get a job again or start a few plants during summer, I will definitely start smoking again. I love weed, but I don't need it, and can easily go months without it if need be. It's one of the least addictive things in life, yet everyone demonizes its "psychological" addiction now that the physical addiction has been disproved.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

#2573531 - 04/18/04 10:14 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Last time I smoked was March 3rd. It seems like an eternity though. I quite for a few other reasons...

1. I've got a neurological condition, and the high fucks with my coordination too much to relax in a social atmosphere.

2. The female I'm seeing doesn't mind that sort of activity, but she doesn't have a high opinion of it either (no pun intended). It's not a big deal for me at all because of reason number one (plus I feel doped up enoiugh just being near her).

3. Tripping and rolling is so much more fun (but these activities have fallen to a minimum due to reason number two).

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: Viaggio]
    #2573726 - 04/18/04 11:39 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

BTW, it is quite common for paranoia to develop as a result of too much smoking. It's also an indicator that the smoker has an already existing level of anxiety while sober.

The psyhological addiction isn't much different from physical. In addition to herb's psychoactive fun, it triggers the release of small amounts of dopamine. If the brain gets consistent exposure to the dope, it eventually yearns for it. The brain also manifests symptoms of anxiety (and eventual paranoia) when dopamine levels are higher than usual.

Moderation is key.

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #2573736 - 04/18/04 11:43 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I stopped smoking pot too. I just started hating the high, started getting really paranod and stuff. I used to love getting high, but it just changed after one fucked up mush trip.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflinePhoshaman
Litteringannnnddddd?
I'm a teapot

Loc: FLAHHHIDAAA
    #2574441 - 04/18/04 03:15 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I hate weed. Haven't smoked in a way long time.

--------------------

Anonymous #1

#2575213 - 04/18/04 08:06 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I been struguling with not smoking for the past year. I just dont have a spine thats all. Cant stand up to my friends. Well I will be fasting in a week or two. Hopefully for a whole week. So maybe I can purge the toxins and start fresh. The high isnt what it used to be and the side effects are way to much for me at this time to handle.

Offlinejarby
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2575384 - 04/18/04 08:35 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I quit a while ago because I was getting a lot of anxiety/paranoia and had a few attacks during my last few sessions. I was one of those dumb people mentioned earlier who kept smoking a couple times a week and undergoing the anxiety for at least 2 months before stopping. Now I haven't smoked in months aside from once at a concert, which once again somehow managed to prove that my body 'doesn't like' getting high anymore. It's actually no longer about the anxiety but it becomes very difficult to move without nearly fainting it seems. Not fun. :frown:

Anonymous #2

. [Re: nanananotehead]
    #2575691 - 04/18/04 09:51 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by Anonymous (02/06/13 02:06 AM)

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#2576894 - 04/19/04 06:25 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I used to be a big pothead. I quit 7 years ago and only smoke now when I roll every now and then..

Offlinexebek
average desi
    #2577260 - 04/19/04 09:38 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I haven't officially "quit" smoking but I have drastically cut down. I indulged daily for a good two years but the high was hardly the same after the first year. As for most people in here the high was great for me at first. I loved it and paranoia and anxiety never presented themselves. Recently, however, my life has been taking a turn for the worse and all my stress, anxiety and paranoia are reflected 100x when I get high. I get so paranoid and caught up in my own thought loops that sometimes I can do barely more than sit in one place like a zombie. Even getting up to piss becomes an almost insurmountable task. I constanly worry what other people are thinking about me and the magical relaxation that pot used to mean to me is nowhere to be found. Sucks pretty bad, but I guess getting high will be fun again once I get my life figured out...

...funny thing is I can't figure out if it's my shitty life that ruined the high or getting high all the time that made my life shitty.

InvisibleRobotic_touch
Female
    #2577350 - 04/19/04 10:09 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I dont smoke anymore......After years of toking I just stopped, mostly because I was sick of the feeling it gave me, it wasnt fun anymore, I just got really tired and could not concentrate on anything.....
It was hard to stop because it was a habit and everyone else smoked around me but it was one of the best decisions I ever made, mostly because I can think straight, I remember things, and Im just happy to be able to focus on things again.......
When I do smoke I get really high off of one hit and regret it soon after.....Last summer I tried smoking and I started crying because I wasnt used to the high and it was so overwhelming and I was completely paranoid.......
Fuck marijuana I hate it, I dont mind other people smoking it though.

--------------------

Offlinegreenhaze
one toke overthe line

Loc: the severed garden
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: Robotic_touch]
    #2577723 - 04/19/04 12:20 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds like i'm in the same boat as most of you guys...crazy anxiety, constantly spaced out....i haven't smoked any in 2 1/2 weeks...i told myself i would go for a month.....and then only occasionally....i've noticed some difference, mainly more motivation to start working out again and try to find a job....i'm hoping when the time comes it'll be a fun high like back in the day.... :crazy2:

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: greenhaze]
    #2578191 - 04/19/04 02:18 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

It is so good to hear from real people who have the exact same "story" as me.  I haven't met anyone in this city who can understand what I've been going through, ummmm I'd say, for the past year and a half.
Like some of you, I had no problem with being really high.  Actually, I was obsessed with it.  I yearned for being more high all the time.  Smoking 6 joints to my head in a period of 20 minutes gave me the most incredible feeling.  So I smoked heavily everyday.  This was a daily routine for about 2 and half years.  Then I got into mushrooms and lsd(and enjoyed it very much); only having maybe a handfull of trips mind you, and then after one particularly bad night with some sprayed pot(unknown to me), I developed a horrible anxiety problem.
I was also one of these people who continued.  I cut my intake down to about half of what it was right when it happened, but then eventually it went right back up.  I had the attitude "i'm going to beat this thing".  I really felt like I needed to beat the anxiety.  So there was no way I was going to stop smoking.  Not after all the great times with it.  Well, it is now a year and half later and I'm still going.

Well, I realized recently, what a horrible choice.  It wears a person down.  And I didn't have mild anxiety, it was fairly serious.  I was having it when I was sober, I started getting very paranoid, couldn't sit still, couldn't breathe, and the list goes on.  To this day, when I smoke up, after having only 3 hits off a joint, I get racing heart, heart pains, racing thoughts, loop thinking, savage paranoia, restlesness(cannot sit still without feeling so uncomfortable), fucked up breathing patterns and the TINIEST feeling of the "old days high". With all these savage side effects, I can get a very very small feeling of what it used to be like.  And it's hard to stop because I want that back.  And I don't want to "lose" to this anxiety.  I have been able to make the anxiety better(or more tolerable?) after the many many months of persisting...but i'm realizing...IT'S NOT WORTH IT.

It wears a person's brain down man.  I'm a very stubborn person and it's like I need to beat this anxiety problem.  I thought it would be the best way to tackle the problem.  Well, the problem was the dope.  If I just would of stopped right then and there and waited a year...I could have started up again with the same "old days" high.  But now, I've planted this anxiety problem into my brain(more like drove it in with a sludgehammer).  So now I know the truth and I will have to finally accept defeat(that's my thinking).  BUT the truth is, in a way I'm not being defeated because I realize now, that after stopping for a long time and with lots of exercise and healthy eating habits, I will be able to come back to the herb one day and experience the good ol' high.

And when that day comes, I will approach it with much more respect than most people out there.  Moderation is the key.  I guess everyone is young, dumb, and full of cum once in their life  :shake:

edit: and for the hardcore out there, I will be stopping on april 21...I will experience one last 420 before I stop  :smile:

Edited by juicemonkey (04/19/04 02:21 PM)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #2578602 - 04/19/04 04:01 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I smoked only occasionally for the last 10 years and quit completely 5 months ago. I can?t say I miss it.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #2584629 - 04/20/04 08:45 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I guess that I never was what you could call a pot smoker. I very rarely ever smoked herb and only smoked huge amounts on special occasions. I never could get used to the taste and weed always knocks me right out. A couple of good tokes and I'm searching for a place to bed down.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinerelativexistance
"beads, bees!?!?beads ....BEADS!!!"
 User Gallery

#2588537 - 04/21/04 08:34 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I quit weed about a year ago. I have smoked since then don't get me wrong but I don't really smoke anymore. The times I have done it since was when I was enibriated mainly or just when I felt I was in a good situation. The main reason I had stopped was because it came to the point where it wasn't even enjoyable anymore, I would just do it because I felt I needed it. It made me ridiculously paranoid and a recluse. I used to abuse the herb in a ridiculous amount. I became extremely paranoid about everything even when there wasn't anything to worry about. It also contributed to a depreciation in my health. It combined with cigarettes destroyed my immune system. I would have a sinus infection/strep throat at least once a month. This could be attributed to the smoking as well as sharing pipes and joints with others. I do have to say I miss the good old days with it chilling with my friends and whatnot, but when it became not fun and made me sick it had to go. However I hope to engage in its goodness again one day. Until now I only do it if I am already drunk, that way it usually doesn't make me paranoid, or if I'm just straight I won't smoke too much at one sitting. That was probably the real problem, just smoking too much at a time all the time.

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
    #2989039 - 08/10/04 11:34 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I smoked everyday at least 3+ times a day for 2 and a half years. It wore thin after I started getting anxiety attacks and I wasn't enjoying it anymore; just something to do when bored.
As of December 27th 2003 I quit and don't miss it at all

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: blink]
    #2990400 - 08/11/04 09:11 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

As of December 27th 2003 I quit and don't miss it at all

On December 27 2002 I had a heart attack which, among other things, made me end my cannabis years.

12 years.. five kilos.. it had been great, but in hindsight it had become rather bland, i can now exactly recall how it felt and guess what: i really didnt miss it that much.
What I did miss was a big hole in my wallet, which I partly remedied by becoming longterm contributor to a few charities which in fact makes me feel quite good too.

My Cannabis Years.. it was great while it lasted but they are over and thats just ok in a completely relaxed way.
Yup, I'd do it again, but would've quit even without the 4 AM ICU wake-up call.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: Asante]
    #2990815 - 08/11/04 11:12 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i have an ifinite ocean of love for marijuana...and just just keeps getting infinitly bigger every day.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #2990899 - 08/11/04 11:35 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I love my weed, but I've not smoked in 3-4 months, not by choice. It's hard to find 'round here if you don't know the right people.

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2991932 - 08/11/04 03:59 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I've become pretty fond of marijuana, not a burn, and not a sketch... I love the plant. But if you're not liking the high from it, then there's no shame in quitting. There's been times when I've had to lay off the pot for a while and things were fine.

Hope that quitting works out for ya. :thumbup:

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
    #2992195 - 08/11/04 05:19 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
On December 27 2002 I had a heart attack which, among other things, made me end my cannabis years.

Heavy cannabis use has been linked to strokes in the UK and, funnily enough, I had a blood clot at the age of 26 which could have either paralized or killed me.

I too suffered from EXTREME lethargy/anxiety/paranoia with the damn stuff and no longer smoke it.

Can't say I miss it at all.

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #2992506 - 08/11/04 06:19 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i have been abstaining from the canabis herb almost entirely for the last 4 years.

not every one ho partakes of the herb will choose to do so always. some times it will tell you it is not the right time to use it. this is the way of all teaching plants. if you choose to listen to it you may be happier. if you choose not to believe it that way, you will find another way to see it.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflinePotIsYourFriend
Pot Inspector

Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2993866 - 08/11/04 11:21 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Why do you guys get paranoid? Speaking to the people who don't live with parents but live on there own.......

OfflinePotIsYourFriend
Pot Inspector

Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: Anno]
    #2993872 - 08/11/04 11:23 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Anno said:
I smoked only occasionally for the last 10 years and quit completely 5 months ago. I can?t say I miss it.

I'm just the opposite, I miss smoking because I need some sort of buzz and alcohol just plain sux.

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: relativexistance]
    #2994472 - 08/12/04 02:46 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I hear ya.

For the past 3 years I don't think I've gone a day sober. Even just now I finished smoking a few bowls 15 minutes ago. At this point I regard pot as something I need to get me through the day, to occupy my mind with a haze so I can enjoy my evening. But, I have no choice to quit in less than two weeks as I'm moving and my finances will not be able to support a pot addiction. I'm actually kind of looking foward to being sober since the past few years are kinda hazey. That's all I ever do these days is get stoned and hit the McDonald's drive-thru afterwards, I ought to grow a garden, write some poetry and stuff once I get sober.  :heart:

--------------------

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2999232 - 08/13/04 04:53 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i used to but i started getting pains and crap and had to stop.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
    #3001284 - 08/13/04 02:41 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Whats wrong with being sober and experiencing life in its most pure form?

Most weed smokers I see seem addicted psycologicly.

When they watch a movie they "need" it. Before they go to bed they "need some" After a meal they "need" some. When socialising, they "need some" When they want to forget something they "need it."

Bike riding, hikes, camping and so on are just not as fun unless they are inebriated, high, buzzed, stoned, whatever you want to describe it.

Not only that. I know that weed is pretty much a harmless drug. But heres what isnt harmless:
Suspicion, paranoia, sneakyness, tip-toeing around, lying, distrust, resentment, conflicts, confusion, guilt, loss of money, criminal eliments, discrimination, productivity loss, withdrawl, domestic issues, relationship issues, stereotyping, ignorance, and the list goes on. All of those things are either directly or indirectly derived from marijuana and drug use...

I used for a while, and find that coping by smoking, drinking, or whatever, is up to you, but just isnt worth it to me personaly.

Good for you with quitting, and for those who quit, and I would recomend quitting for anyone who has ever thaught about it.

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: Zahid]
    #3001318 - 08/13/04 02:45 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

That's all I ever do these days is get stoned and hit the McDonald's drive-thru afterwards, I ought to grow a garden, write some poetry and stuff once I get sober.

Thats awsome man, it'll be a bit to get used to at first, but you'll make it man, and I'm sure you will have some very happy garden plants!

--------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
And I'll be gone

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: Northernsoul]
    #3001831 - 08/13/04 05:12 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

MARIJUANAVILLE

by Switchblade Symphony

...Do another one here
This is my version of Jimmy Buffet?s Marguaretaville
Little different thought we had to bring it up in to the 90?5
Its now called marijuanaville and it goes a little like this

Rollin my homegrown
smoking a big bone
look at the ganja covered with oil
Using my tweezers
Got pot in the freezer
Made a new pipe out of aluminum foil

[Chorus]
Wastin away again in marijuanaville
Searchin for my roach clip on a rope
Some people claim that there is a woman to blame
but I know
that its all this damn dope

Don?t know the reason, stayed here all season
Maybe that Thai stick was a way bit too strong
But I got a real beauty
a Colombian doobie
Soon i'll be up on my way alone

[Chorus]
but I know

I blew out my bong pipe
Ran out of bud light
But I found me some stash I had hidden at home
I put it into a blender
and soon it will render
These little fudge brownies that help me get stoned

but I know

Some people claim that I sound like Dillon when I?m stoned
but I knooow

I must say: Weed is pretty involving!
It's also evolving.. Or should i say devolving?

Back in the day you got high with friends, you passed the dutchie (I'm Dutch lol) and shared it between eachother. And smoking alone, hey, fine too.

The new trend however is that kids -start smoking it alone- no peer group, just a punch in the head. Passing a joint? GROSS!
Somehow the concept of friendship seems shallowing too. The 1960s Revolution spawned a Social Revolution but the 90s Revolution well.. Lessay the tide is turning.

Here in Holland there are voices to classify some varieties of grass "hard Drugs" because they are that strong.

Well thats BS! The Hydrogen Bomb is much more common then when the 80s turned 90s (when I started) but if i hear veteran stories and compare charts some ole '60s weeds pack a lot of THC too.
Thats the Christian Right being Wrong again.

I have not met a -true- weed addict. But.. there ARE withdrawal symptoms and indeed as pointed out, many alternate fresh air with ganja tokes, like i did in the past for quite some time.

There was a time I -felt- genuinely addicted, the need for weed.. But it was just that i lived in Marijuanaville and was a bit insecure about leaving it.

I also discovered that if you consistently smoke half-sized joints (when on a dayly regimen) within a week you get every bit as high off that half amount, friends noticed it too but they (not too brightly) insisted on using much money on the same high because they didnt want to become high but HIGHER, and a few days of temperance didnt fit their plan. BAM! BAM! BAM! frightening, that really got me thinking and eventually them too.

What --IS-- that mentality? I see it alot here on the Shroomery too. My life blew just as hard :blush: or even more so but I never felt the need to cram myself full of drugs, but rather lay a good foundation and build it on there with your mind!.

The best social joints have been on small amounts. One joint too much and you end up with a room full of zombies.

Also, pay close attention now:
no matter how small the joint is, the rest of the day just isn't the same as for memory, motivation, energylevel, mood etc.
Friends were astonished at it but you have to sleep even a small morning joint off, which means in a way it has a hangover to it! Check this out! If you pay attention, its pretty obvious!

Cannabis can give you a good contemplative state combining sedation, euphoria and intensified thought processes, but now i focus online after 1 1/2 weedless year I hear a lot of anxiety and paranoia stories and some seem to linger for long after quitting..

Like i said before, some time ago:

Harmless? No. Not harmless.
Relatively harmless, but thats a whole different ballgame.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisiblechinadoll
there
 User Gallery

Loc: dark side of terrapin
    #3002384 - 08/13/04 09:04 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I haven't smoked weed since 1977.

OfflinePotIsYourFriend
Pot Inspector

#3003133 - 08/14/04 12:36 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Harmless? No. Not harmless.
Relatively harmless, but thats a whole different ballgame.

I say its completely harmless....

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
    #3003283 - 08/14/04 01:36 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Pot makes me confused, tired. Sometimes, I vomit off it.
Funny, it's all about your own body and its reaction. I smoke very rarely.
Now booze, well, that's a totally different ball of sex wax;;;;

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: GnuBobo]
    #3004439 - 08/14/04 01:33 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Weed aint worth it.

--------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
And I'll be gone

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3009522 - 08/16/04 03:03 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

My lungs look like a battered 20 year old bong

they feel like a beat up rug

But somehow I can't stop smoking

Me and weed need each other

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3011676 - 08/17/04 12:14 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I haven't smoked seriously in a year now. I probably smoked anything about 5 times max this year. I don't smoke weed because it makes me lose my sanity.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3014030 - 08/17/04 02:25 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Fucknuckle said:
My lungs look like a battered 20 year old bong

they feel like a beat up rug

But somehow I can't stop smoking

Me and weed need each other

Yikes! This is what I mean. People get very attatched to thier drug, and it doesnt matter how harful it may or may not be. Or what you compare it to. It just does not matter.

--------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
And I'll be gone

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3024432 - 08/19/04 04:15 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I haven't smoked in over 5 years.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #3027995 - 08/20/04 10:03 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

After 5 years, I'm on my last bag. Classes are starting. I can't deal with my social anxiety anymore. Maybe lack of herb would do some good, I haven't tried yet.

I'm just afraid I might have to say goodbye forever. Better than a benzo addiction.

Offlinels25dx2
Stranger
    #3028095 - 08/20/04 10:28 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i used to smoke at least 5 times a day, and loved it, but it got to the point where it was getting old
i still smoke often, but not nearly as much...i like having a clear mind once in a while, and not being burnt out all the time is good too

but, i still love the ganja :bong:

OfflineChazzersize
Pokemon Master
Male

Loc: Center Of The World
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? Yep [Re: ls25dx2]
    #3028586 - 08/20/04 01:09 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

School is starting....I'm very active in the theatre also. You NEED a clear head and to think fast to get through it unscaved.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: Elise]
    #3028779 - 08/20/04 02:10 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

So I have stopped for the time being to help get a grip. I will say that I have had some fucked up dreams since I have stopped also. 

I've noticed that whenever I'm not on it I have much more vivid dreams.  I had quit for a year, then an eighth landed in my lap three weeks ago, and I'm still using it. I'm gonna stop when it runs out (which it looks like will be today).  I find that I get high for no reason when I have  weed . And I don't enjoy it as much.  And I do less schoolwork.  I much prefer being a non-smoker who partakes when someone hands him a joint, but doesn't get high by himself anymore.

I guess it's kind of cool that I can make an eighth last three weeks nowadays. :stoned:

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Invisiblesynthesis
everydayjunglist

Loc: va
    #3031695 - 08/21/04 05:48 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i lost interest in it also, after it started to make me paranoid and increase my anxiety. i smoked for a few years non-stop in highschool, then took a break for years. some 7 years later, i thought it would be ok to smoke again, and found it has the same effects. now when i look at my pot-head friends, i marvel at the fact of how lazy, paranoid, forgetful, and unmotivated they become when they smoke.

the only use i could see for pot anymore is help with creativity sometimes, especially producing tracks. other than that i have no use for that plant.

--------------------
http://www.infowars.com

Anonymous #1

#3034410 - 08/21/04 09:28 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I quit but not by choice. I don't know any dealers where I live. The only time I get to buy weed is when I visit my cousins which is 4 hours a away. That's only like 3 times a year now. :frown:

Offlinefigure
Stranger
    #3034670 - 08/21/04 10:45 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

friend gave up full football scholarship over drugs?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! I'm new here! I don't know what else to do. I have been seeing this guy for about 6 months and have watched him slowly go down hill. He has been to anger management after getting a DUI in December. He has walked off the football field after cussing the coaches and now he has given up his full scholarship to play football. He left this summer in the middle of the night, without telling anyone. I was out of town. He packed up and went home. I have been trying and trying to find out why?? the more I pursue, the more he distances!! I just saw him last weekend. The first time in 6 weeks. HE LOOKED AWFUL! His eyes were bloodshot, pupils dilated, looked like he hadn't had a bath in months, stunk like sweat and smelled like marijuana. I couldn't believe it. I was scared to say anything so I didnt. We visited, had great sex and he left me saying he had some business to take care of. I think he may be dealing also!! I'm soo confused!! I can't gey any answers out of him and when I told him over the phone this week I knew about his addiction, he blew up at me and talked to me like I was a dog! I pray he does not mean what he said!! He says he used me for sex!! He just tells me he luvs me to get it. I told him that when you have slept with someone over a dozen times that that's not using someone for sex. I live in Louisiana and he lives in Texas. Why call me and text message me weekly if he does not really care for me? He could just get it from some girl there? I told him he needed help and not to call anymore when he was high! He is in denial sooo bad and will not talk to me, says he doesn't care about our friendship? Does he really feel this way? I need to know for me! I know he is doing marijuana but cant figure out what else? He sleeps all day and stays out all night! He is definately not the same person I new before! I'm scared he might do something to hurt himself and am seeking advice on how to deal with this!! He lies all the time does not see that he has a problem! Please help! Any advice will be appreciated!

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #3034982 - 08/22/04 12:35 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

nanananotehead said:
I quit smokin weed 78 days ago and I dont plan on starting again. The last few times I smoked was terrible because I became anxious and a tad bit paranoid. Set and Setting was in place but I think DRO just fucks with my head too much. Anyone else quit smoking lately?

I loved smoking weed, but I quit in January after 7 years of smoking almost daily. Smoking never negatively affected my life, but I quit because I promised my parents I would and I would much rather quit smoking than hurt my relationship with them. It was really easy to quit too. I just stopped one day. The only thing that really bothered me was giving away my nice bong, hooka and pipes.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #3035175 - 08/22/04 01:51 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I quit for about 3 months after having a panic attack and episode of depression that lasted for almost two months. It is interesting to chronicle my relationship with weed:
When I first tried it I did not like it, believed that it was total insanity and definately should not be legal. Second time it was cool. Third time I didn't like it again (Both 1st and 3rd times I couldn't even speak).
After that I went through a slow process of getting comfortable with smoking to the point I craved it throughout the week. Even so, most of the time I would feel really anxious when about to smoke. In fact I would often tell myself I would smoke, but then keep putting it off out of fear of my normal mind losing control. Eventually, that all but went away.

Then I overdid it and I have been trying to force myself to try it again just to overcome my fear. I got mildly high tonight, and it was pretty cool, but left me with the feeling of being unwholesome and unmotivated. I think it could be a hindrance to my Buddhist practice.
I will try it a few more times and gradually build up the dose, but even if I get comfortable with it again I will probobly stop as it would not help my spiritual life.

OfflineNosferatuMan
Stranger
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #4247318 - 06/02/05 08:49 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Yrtlzmo said:
I don't, I tried it once and my basic opinion of weed is, "meh".

Oh, how time has changed.

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #4248458 - 06/02/05 02:25 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

If weed is a teacher plant, then how come most of its students never learn its lesson?  :shocked:

When you finally learn a lesson, you don't really need to get the same lesson again and again...

What weed helps you understand imo is the way to meditate!
I am off weed since 8-9 months now, after 7 years of smoking constantly and i assure you that i am not sober!

I smoked so much that my mind is still in the green world.
In the begining i thought that these are just after effects of smoking immence amounts of weed

...but i think there is more than that, i believe that i have learned a new way to perceive things, a new way to kill thought which makes me act as if i was high.

Of course, some students feel the need to get a few more lesson to fully understand the lesson but......

...i know that the pleasure extraction from the teacher plant is the basis for the addiction.

The feeling of euphoria, the memory loss,

Only when we decline the pleasure, we are able to see its source.This happens because we do not have enough energy to concentrate on both pleasure enjointment and the understanding of its source at the same time...

Now seeing the pleasure's source is a little bit more enjoyable than the pleasure itself! and thats because knowledge of the mechanics of the roots of pleasure, is puuure pleasure! since knowing the way it works, brings its whole process out of the fog and makes it understandable ans usefull for the sober mind.

Enter the world of magic, travel deep into the core of your brain, look at what weed is trying to teach you!

THE TRUE ESSENCE OF THE SUBSTANCE IS THAT ITS NOT ABOUT THE SUBSTANCE AT ALL!

When you fully understand the teaching of a substance, you dont need it anymore, you are one with it

Anything that can be achived with a substance ,can be achived without it too. Thats the whole point

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: woodwork Flag
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: Sterile]
    #4248528 - 06/02/05 02:40 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Ya I was a heavy smoker for a while then finally got caught by my parents. About a month after I got caught I smoked and it was a horrifying experience. Ever since then I have been getting mild anxiety when I have been gettin high. I have been able to cope with the anxiety and it has really gone down. Even when I am withbest friends my it happens. My breathing always seems weird like I am breathing into one lung or my stomach or I dunno. I also have trouble sitting still because I can never get comfortable. It always feels like I am sitting on my balls and the circulation is cut off, thought I don't think it is. Within the past 2 weeks though I think I have finally been able to enjoy my high again because I decided I would 'go with the flow' and everything seemed to smooth out.

EDIT: I do not have anxiety(at least not that I know of) when I am sober.

Edited by Tangerines (06/02/05 02:41 PM)

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: Tangerines]
    #4249370 - 06/02/05 05:58 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It's interesting to see this topic brought back...

I smoked occasionally in the past and bought very occasionally. I'm never smoking marijuana ever again. Or atleast not for a LOOOOOONG time. Apparently, there is something wrong with me because I do not get anything close to a pleasureable "high". I get extremely "low" and zombified.

Fuck marijuana.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Offlinebhopkinz
Stranger
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: Society]
    #4253853 - 06/03/05 08:30 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i think alot of people get those kind of experiences, just they are less heard of. there definitely is a kind of image that people associate with weed smoking. in general it is a kind of "chilled out" or "cool" picture in their minds that they believe weed provokes.

however smokers of the stuff will know its alot different from that in many cases. just depends on the person and their current state of mind. at worst it can cause severe paranoia and even trigger mental illnesses. the stuff isnt a "medicine" if you ask me. more just a herb than kind of numbs your feelings..and this is what makes it so pleasurable.

OfflineMenuShroom
~~~~~~~~~
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: bhopkinz]
    #5235698 - 01/28/06 04:00 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I spend a lot of time on the weed forums.. I can say I'm pretty experienced with weed. I've had a prescription before, and was able to choose between all the different strains in a medical club in California.

Any informed smoker/grower, will tell you, that weed isn't just weed. There is Cannabis Sativa, Cannabis Indica, and then the hybrids of the two. This is why you see different effects people are getting on this thread.

The paranoia is generally more present with the heady strains, which are the sativas. You smoke this stuff, and the effect is mainly in your head. Your get energetic, your mind gets going, and you can think different deeper thoughts. If you smoke an indica, you will get couch-locked, maybe tired, slow, its more of an narcotic effect.

Then there is the time you harvest... if you harvest later, there are more CBN's present in the weed, which produces more of a sleepy high... So if you harvest a sativa or indica late you will get this effect. Its just that, if you smoke a sativa, and its harvested late, it will be a weird sleepy but head high. Opposite with indica.

Most people probably have problems with anxiety and paranoia because of the sativa strains. Alot of weed on the streets is hybrid, so you do get the sativa influence. Sativa has that ability to open up your head, to whatever is already there. If you have any hints of anxiety normally, this will be magnified. In that sense, sativa weed has more of a hallucinogenic property. Many people find smoking indicas quells their anxiety. It relaxes them, it doesn't fuck with their head at all...etc.

Also, there is an issue of dosage. Weed is to be respected, just like any herb...tobacco etc. Respect it, it will respect you. That means not taking 8 bong hits in one sitting. Moderation is important. I think the indians had a saying about tobacco, in that if you respect it in moderation, the plant will reward you for it. But once you overstep that line, the plant will not be good to you, because your not respecting its potential.

I can also relate to the anxiety talked about here. But in my case, my anxiety was already there. Before I really even started using marijuana, I was on Paxil. Paxil was great for any anxiety, social anxiety, depression, etc. It basically numbed all of that for me.

I found, after visiting the clubs, that a sativa was great. In small little hits, it was like taking espresso shots in a way... it boosted my energy, quickened my mind, etc. The thing with this was, Paxil can kinda slow you down a bit. So this combo worked really well. However, I made the choice to slowly come off the Paxil. As I did that, alot of my old mental "problems" started surfacing. At the time, I didn't really think about the effects of the Sativa on my very sensitive paxil-free mind....

Over time, old anxieties and problems that I had before either weed OR paxil, started coming back. I noticed that the sativa started agrivating me at times. Basically, it would highlight some of my insecurities, or paranoias, and make them seem alot more "present" in my mind. However, the sativa didn't just MAKE UP these paranoias.

The problem with paranoia, and anxiety, and negative thoughts...is that they feed on themselves. Sativa in a way, just shows you what you got going on inside your head. It is up to you to resolve those thoughts...and that is more of the lines of Cognitive Therapy, which I'll get to later.

Anyways, after I was completely off Paxil, it got to the point where things just weren't the same. Weed just didn't "do" it for me. I never was a heavy user, but I think as I came off the Paxil, I started reaching for it more, thinking it might help me more if I smoked more.
That wasn't the case... And I still didn't make the connection with the type of weed... unfortunately, always reaching for the sativa.
Well, everything came to a close when I broke up with my girlfriend. My pre-paxil anxiety filled self was back, the marijuana was just accentuating it, and I was trying to support myself in a really expensive city with minimum wage.

I got to a stress threshold and broke up with my girlfriend. Shit REALLY hit the fan with mental problems. Breaking up with a girlfriend you love is REALLY hard. But try doing that when your already a mental wreck, and the weed is highlighting those feelings. I've never felt so low before, my heart felt broken more than i could ever describe, I couldn't think straight.

At this point I tried a friend's purple strain he got from one of the clubs. This was a mostly indica strain. It made me feel so much better, and so much less stressed. But I didn't make the connection at the time. I didn't know what else to do, so I quit the weed. It was hard... but everything was hard at that point. I started going on long walks whenever I just felt weird...which was alot. These walks did help.

I ended up moving back to my university in my homestate, to finish the degree I started, which is where I am now. Because of unavailability, I haven't smoked weed since. Its been 6 months now.

But one thing is awesome... I got myself out of the cognitive mess I was in, but following the "Feeling Good Mood Therapy" book from Dr. Burns. I tought myself that I did have control over my thoughts, and my attitudes. Reguardless of anything else, I taught myself to get over my anxieties, insecurities, and depression.

Weed is complicated. Its not so simple as we might think. But thats part of the mystery, and why I like it. Many of the more expert smokers/growers will grow different strains... and the medical users will grow different strains. Some of them that have problems with anxiety, or depression, will grow different strains with different sativa/indica ratios.

So I hope this post opens up people's minds to the different types of marijuana... the strain is important, as well as the dose. If you have a strain that is 60% indica and 40 % sativa...then smoking a little bit will probably give you a nice body high, with a mild head high. But lets say instead you sit there and toke more than a little...well, most likely what will happen is your body will just get a little bit more sedated, but your mind will start really going because of the increased sativa hit...and then you might have issues with anxiety/paranoia.

Smoking a little sativa is like having a cup of coffe, but more interesting. Smoking a lot of sativa is like having a mind trip.
Smoking a little indica is like having a relaxed body high. Smoking alot of indica is like taking narcotics. Actually, some people say that smoking a Black Domina (a potent indica strain) is like taking an Ambien, but squared. I'm sure that only if you smoke a decent amount though.

So, I wonder if this discussion can be furthered with this new information...

Peace

Edited by MenuShroom (01/28/06 04:10 PM)

Offlinedruqks46
its dat woowoo
Loc: trees
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: MenuShroom]
    #5238415 - 01/29/06 12:34 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Weed has been a problem for me. It becomes a number one priority instead of school work and other important things. Procrastination has been a huge battle and I think weed has not helped one bit. I enjoy a smoke before bed, but my normal regime has been: get up and smoke while in shower, then eat, smoke on the way to school, then smoke after school , eat lunch, smoke after lunch, smoke before work at night, smoke during work, and smoke after work... it becomes something I do before I do other activities to make them "fun" when in really it makes me tired, unmotivated, very unsocial, forgetful, etc. Moderation is hard, and something I am willing to conquer, but making these same mistakes over and over have led to me deleting my "guy's" phone number and such. Oh, and another thing... At work everyone smokes... Its a restaurant, what do you expect? So being around it all the time and being asked to go smoke is very very tempting. My pros and cons go like this:
Pros:
-Love to listen to music high
-Awesome sedative for at night
-Great for unwinding at the end of the day.
Cons:
MEMORY IS RETARDED
-Priorities get misplaced easily
-Law enforcement concerns
-Makes me tired for the most part
-Moody songs can make me think about depressing subjects
-Expensive as a mofo
-Dealing with stupid dealers just to get a bag (college student, so i cant grow my own)

I dont mind gettin high once in a while when the time is right... but i have not been able to bring myself to that point of selfmastery in order to do it in moderation. SO i plan on not buying it anymore... to see what happens. HAving my own sack is the problem with weed for me in a nutshell, self control sucks. Plus if i were to smoke, id like to grow it myself and choose which strains etc... just more control would be cool instead of whatever the dude has i buy. haha I am jsut glad i can look at it like this, it has taken me some time to get to this point with laying off the smoke.

InvisibleNemo_Hoes
Juan Sánchez Villa-Lobo Ramírez
 User Gallery

Loc: Ray Ray's Mystery Garage
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: druqks46]
    #5238450 - 01/29/06 12:45 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Gabe, Learn to get high and function dammit. End transmission. And fagboi better have my money.

--------------------
We will also report to the NAACP and to Al Sharpton's entourage, how the Shroomery administrators allows their mods and members to be balatantly allowed the use of the 'N' word.

Offlinedruqks46
its dat woowoo
Loc: trees
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: Nemo_Hoes]
    #5238920 - 01/29/06 02:50 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

nigga. its some bullshit aint it? ill figure it out one day.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: druqks46]
    #5238937 - 01/29/06 03:01 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Hrmm?

I must be different. Marijuana makes me feel calm, nothing like a toke after a hard days work or studying for a long time. I use it as a reward almost in some situations. If im playing computer games, bumming around watching tv. Marijuana for me.

Ive been getting high every day for probably 6-7 years now. No issues. I get my shit done before getting high.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: baraka]
    #5238957 - 01/29/06 03:11 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I feel the same way. As long as you're getting shit done and you can honestly say that it's not interferring with your life, smoke to your heart's content. I'm not trying to fool myself, I have a deep appreciation for weed. I don't even smoke much, just often. :smile:

I too have been smoking for a couple of years straight now. Every day unless I just don't get around to it. I don't fiend, but I find some use for weed. It's a great relaxant, appetite stimulant, medicine, recreation and it's not taxing on your mind or body. I took two full weeks off last month and I was able to bare it. I still prefer smoking though.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

OfflineMimeyNaomi
shabbat shalommotherfuckers

Loc: Ohio
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: browndustin]
    #5239721 - 01/29/06 07:08 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I've had bad weed experiences. I never quit but I just kind of stopped for awhile, and still don't smoke that often, really only when I'm offered. There was a whole group of times when I got high and had terrible vertigo and paranoia, and felt like I was suffocating [not that I couldn't breathe, but it was just tension all over]. I tried to use some coffee shop's bathroom and had to walk right back out again, because the room was small and wouldn't stop flipping over. Everything was moving. It was terrifying and disturbing and it happened several times..I'm just careful now not to smoke too much, usually a couple of hits will be plenty

--------------------
Check thiz out

..........because I misplaced my umbrella

Invisiblespock
journeyman
    #5240361 - 01/29/06 09:50 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

well said. bravo.
i've smoked 22 years and it took me a good 10 to learn what you just said. i do not have access to whatever strain i want but just knowing what i have got is going to do is very helpful. also imho people smoke way too much weed. imo i can only get so "high" smoking after that only makes my stupid or lazy or both.

OfflineBrakkie
Myself
Loc: Rotterdam... The City of ...
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: spock]
    #5240979 - 01/30/06 01:37 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not smoking anymore. I'm clean for about 3 weeks or something like that... Oh wait I smoked up a couple of days ago from my bro's dirt weed that one doesn't really count though...

The cravings are still there... I find myself stopping for the coffeeshop and just almost being pulled in. It's like my mind doesn't want it cause I need to quit for a while but my body does want to get high. It's fucked that's for sure...

Or I'll find myself up in the middle of the night thinking to give someone a call and get me some bud...

--------------------
"This combines the good sides of every other drug with none of the bad. This is the ultimate luxury, the flawless wisdom-pleasure hit. More mellow and cozy than heroin, but you don't nod out. I feel more alive and wired and energetic than with speed, but not jangly. Its got the blast of cocaine, but it lasted ten times longer."

"Going to the grave without ever having a psychedelic experience is like going to the grave without ever having sex. That means you will die before even becoming an adolescent." -Terence Mckenna

Invisiblespock
journeyman
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: Brakkie]
    #5241747 - 01/30/06 11:07 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

i can't smoke for about a year.
probation sucks.

OfflineMenuShroom
~~~~~~~~~
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: spock]
    #5241993 - 01/30/06 12:52 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I hear you on this...

I think if you just stuck with smoking at night, as more of a ritual thing...and just relaxing, you would be okay.

I used to smoke throughout the day too, but only one or two small hits... and that worked for me too.. except I was smoking 100% sativa...which is alot different than smoking street bud, that has indica in it, and is harvest too late so you get all those CBN's which make you all sleepy. But like I said in my previous post, even smoking a small amount of sativa would aggrevate my anxieties at the time, so I had to stop.

I agree, in that if your not growing, you really don't know what your getting. So you have less control over the whole thing. If your growing though, you can just smoke sativas during the day (if it doesn't bother you) and then smoke the hybrids or pure indicas at night... and I think you would be better off... But this is only if you want to smoke all day long.

But smoking anything with indica in it during the day, makes things more difficult... You'd be better off smoking a few cigs during the day if you need a smoke, because those are more stimulating, and more "conducive" to our society...or just not smoke at all.

Edited by MenuShroom (01/30/06 12:56 PM)

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #5250686 - 02/01/06 11:14 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Kif is my day time smoke if i feel like smoking and i got work. It doenst give me that lazy narcotic type smoke.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Invisiblejmg5
deadicated
Male

Loc: miles above you
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: baraka]
    #5250776 - 02/01/06 11:44 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I've been clean for about 3 days now, I need to find a job, and the only thing that sucks is I've been getting really shitty sleep for the past two nights, nothing too bad, but just waking up every couple of hours. I'm sure it will subside soon enough but I may just try some sleeping pills tonite.

Other than that "withdrawal" symptom I've never experienced any problem with weed. No anxiety, no paranoia. In fact, I find that if I have anxiety, smoking a bowl gets rid of it.

to each his own.

OfflineLifeIsSweet
Stranger
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: jmg5]
    #5280722 - 02/09/06 05:07 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I quit last week and i can't sleep. I am irritable throughout my day (even though I swim several hours a day, work out, run, play intramural football, eat healthy, etc...)...but i have a class at 9 tomorrow and I can't sleep. I can't turn my mind off.

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: LifeIsSweet]
    #5282602 - 02/09/06 05:05 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I havent smoked for 2 years. I found that it controlled me, and if I didnt get my ounce a week, I became a godzilla people hatin biotch,lol.

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: FungusMan]
    #5282773 - 02/09/06 05:59 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

btw. your avatar rocks!! :bow:

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

InvisibleDmonikal
Bareback up inthis neden
Male User Gallery

Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: eligal]
    #5283081 - 02/09/06 07:24 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I quit an amount of time ago, maybe 2 weeks. Same time I quit opium.

--------------------
Give your money or your life
Take 'em both for all I care
Dump your bullets right here

OfflineStandsAlone
Stranger
Loc: Arcata, California
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: Dmonikal]
    #5285744 - 02/10/06 12:36 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Weed can make me pretty paranoid. I try not to abuse it by smoking it all the time, on average I smoke it once a month, sometimes longer without smoking it. It's special to me and I treat it the same way I'd treat acid or mushrooms.

Offlinetracerz
edible eater
Loc: wa forest
    #5287491 - 02/10/06 10:09 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I'm addicted to the deep skunk flavor ,i grew up around it with hippy parents i passed on joints and chewed stems, a few times i took a hit didn't inhale the hippy's thought it was funny,i started for real at 12 and slowly started tobacco i got bad insomnia at 19 from mj or cid maybe, around 24 i got throat n ear probs and quit cigs,at 27 same probs milder mj use,quit mj at 28 im 30 now my throat still burns every day my ears still hurt yes ive had tubes and no doctors have a clue in this state.TOBACCO is acidic and burns you people don't understand its way worse than mj,chew tobacco you get a sore mj no prob! smoking n vaping's unhealthy but if you gonna mj is the best and taste great

OfflineDeviate
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: tracerz]
    #5287627 - 02/10/06 11:26 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

i dont know if i have replied to this thread before but i am never smoking marijuana again.

OfflineACN45
Stranger
Re: does anyone else here NOT smoke weed? [Re: Deviate]
    #5288850 - 02/11/06 02:12 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

the only reason i quit was cause im in a drug class. Im glad i quit though cause i find i have more energy and do more. i mean im glad but its not that big of a deal. once i finish the drug class im gonna toke up again. but the worst thing about smoking for me is how much i eat when i get high. for some reason i have to eat when im high.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck