Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
Are you anti-abortion, but okay with 'collateral damage?'
    #3751711 - 02/08/05 04:26 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I am just curious if any one reading this is anti-abortion, but sees it as morally justified to drop bombs and inflict collateral upon the innocent (including the unborn in wombs) in far away lands. Could somebody please explain how they can be against one (supposed) evil yet for another? What is your rationalization? If you call yourself a 'Christian,' how do you reconcile the apparent hypocrisy of your stand with the teachings of Jesus Christ?

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Are you anti-abortion, but okay with 'collateral damage?' [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #3751748 - 02/08/05 04:36 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

*sigh*

It is obvious that you are relatively new here else you would understand by now that internal consistency and logic are not necessary prerequisites for any belief system.

Adopted ideas are NOT meant to be questioned, merely accepted.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Re: Are you anti-abortion, but okay with 'collateral damage?' [Re: Swami]
    #3751757 - 02/08/05 04:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Oh... :blush: sorry.

--------------------

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#3751781 - 02/08/05 04:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Well, now you know. Don't let it happen again.  :grin:

--------------------

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

#3751784 - 02/08/05 04:43 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Please ignore swami's criticism and cynical and pessimistic views.

I agree that if you believe murder/killing is wrong that ALL murder/killing should be wrong by logic.There should be no exceptions.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Are you anti-abortion, but okay with 'collateral damage?' [Re: UnenlightenedOne]
    #3751832 - 02/08/05 04:57 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

still think, if you can make life as you please.. why cant you take it?  :confused: :thumbup:

He he :sun:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
    #3751848 - 02/08/05 04:59 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Its quite simple, the power hungry follow the money, and the sheep follow the herd!

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3751851 - 02/08/05 05:00 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
*sigh*

It is obvious that you are relatively new here else you would understand by now that internal consistency and logic are not necessary prerequisites for any belief system.

Adopted ideas are NOT meant to be questioned, merely accepted.

heh.  :smile2:

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: Are you anti-abortion, but okay with 'collateral damage?' [Re: Sinbad]
    #3751861 - 02/08/05 05:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Its quite simple, the power hungry follow the money, and the sheep follow the herd!

I agree that people are too easily manipulated by authority.The problem is though,that the people that dont follow the herd are cast out and are often considered lunatics.Not enough people think for themselves anymore. :frown:

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Are you anti-abortion, but okay with 'collateral damage?' [Re: UnenlightenedOne]
    #3751969 - 02/08/05 05:23 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Prosgeopax:
I am politically conservative leaning. I have been a soldier and I have had training appropriate to attending a war. My interest in shamanism has taught me that ALL life is sacred. The taking of life is necessary in the course of our lives, but it must be done after only the most careful consideration. This includes the killing of animals and insects as well as people. My stance on abortion is that there are times that it may be necessary to maintain the health of the mother (mental or physical) and an abortion is in order. To use it as a common form of birth control is disrespectful. I support the death penalty, but only as the very last alternative to removing a highly dangerous person from society. War is sometimes necessary and inevitable. Do I support the war in Iraq? I did at first, but my mind has shifted on that subject. I think that ultimately it did not benefit our safety in any real way, and many unnecessary deaths have resulted. The people of Iraq should have taken out their own trash years ago. We in America did in 1776. Do I support the GIs...the common soldier on the line taking a world of shit because his country told him to? Hell, yes. Their lives are also sacred.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Are you anti-abortion, but okay with 'collateral damage?' [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3752142 - 02/08/05 06:01 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The taking of life is necessary in the course of our lives, but it must be done after only the most careful consideration. This includes the killing of ... insects...

Huehue in Florida being sucked dry by a mosquito(es): "Hmmm, let me contemplate the ramifications in the eternal circle if I extinguish the life force of one of God's beloved creatures. What right do I have to ....blah, blah, blah..."

Swami in Florida long before being sucked dry by a mosquito(es): *SPLAT!* "R.I.P, you little fucker!"

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#3752155 - 02/08/05 06:05 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Please ignore swami's criticism and cynical and pessimistic views.

Huh? Recognizing the way things are is cynical and pessimistic? PrognosisFax or whatever Hippo-Face's name is, would not have asked the question if he had not noted such a glaring hypocrisy.

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3752273 - 02/08/05 06:26 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Recognizing the way things are...

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

#3752275 - 02/08/05 06:26 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
... would not have asked the question if he had not noted such a glaring hypocrisy.

Ahem... hippocrisy.

--------------------

- Tom Willhite

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#3752430 - 02/08/05 07:01 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

:lol:

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3753067 - 02/08/05 09:15 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Swami:
You misunderstand me. The amount of consideration required is in relation to the need. I will set a mouse trap out of need. I don't like killing mice, and I do not enjoy killing houseflies or mosquitoes...I do it out of need. If I see a large harmless insect in my home such as a beetle or a praying mantis, or even a grasshopper I take it outside as killing it is callous and serves no real purpose. I always take spiders outside as I have always felt a curious kinship with them, and I have a high tolerance for them. I do not suggest allowing your home to be overrun with rats and cockroaches...just do not kill for no purpose. This is a value I have instilled in my children since birth...to have empathy for even the slightest of creatures. By the way I am a bow (longbows only) hunter and a fisherman.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Re: Are you anti-abortion, but okay with 'collateral damage?' [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3753091 - 02/08/05 09:18 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

do you need that tiny amount of blood more than the female mosquito does? an amount of blood that isn't even a drop in the bucket to you, but fills the mosquito's entire belly?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#3753121 - 02/08/05 09:23 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

By the way I am a bow (longbows only) hunter and a fisherman.

I bagged a bow once once, but it wasn't that big...

--------------------

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

#3753133 - 02/08/05 09:24 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Huh? Recognizing the way things are is cynical and pessimistic? PrognosisFax or whatever Hippo-Face's name is, would not have asked the question if he had not noted such a glaring hypocrisy.

You know precisely how sarcastic you are at every turn.Sometimes its a bit much to stomach no offense.Sometimes you go a bit far depending on the post though.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Are you anti-abortion, but okay with 'collateral damage?' [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3753135 - 02/08/05 09:24 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

do you need that tiny amount of blood more than the female mosquito does? an amount of blood that isn't even a drop in the bucket to you, but fills the mosquito's entire belly?

Selfishness knows no limitations.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds