Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Smoke pot and protest ol' Bushy right the fuck out [Re: question_for_joo]
    #3389401 - 11/20/04 03:01 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

question_for_joo said:
I don't understand how a country like Canada that is so far North can be such a big marijuana country when marijuana is a tropical plant and needs lots of sunlight to grow.  Do they import it from Mexico?

Canada imports weed from Mexico? :lol:

No, it can grow quite well outside, in certain areas.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Smoke pot and protest ol' Bushy right the fuck out [Re: ekomstop]
    #3430121 - 11/30/04 10:38 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

What a fucking awesome day/protest..I love it when such a diverse/massive group of people all come together for good cause we all pationately stand behind. We fucking rocked the hill I can't wait to see the newspapers tomorrow - people came in from all over Canada, not to mention parts of the U.S.. Speakers included Marc Emery, Carolyn Parrish, a couple U.S. soldiers who are against the Iraq war and a few other pollitically active people who I can't seem to remember at the moment.

Great vibes all day, intense energy among the crowds, especially when all the cops made their lovely yet obviously repeatedly rehersed enterance into the scene in an effort to get the public to remain behind imaginary lines for no apparent reason what so ever..thankfully it looked like most of them were ordered to pack up their stuff and step aside before anybody got shit kicked or ran over by their crowd controlling vehicles..they looked so rediculously out of place at this protest, the vibes were dominatly positive among everybody there, there was absolutely no point in them making such a lame yet obviously thoroughly planned entrance - complete with choppers flying about..I mean, riot police, choppers and bills for missle defence projects being discussed with the accused in parliment..this just isn't Canada..this isn't what my tax dollars should be contributing to. I am sincerly happy to know that all of this insanity is and will continue to be resisted by a lot of extremely pationate people.. Here are a few pics from today..there are also a bunch more we'll probably get hosted up on yahoo or something in the next few days..

yes..that is a joint he is holding

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #3430198 - 11/30/04 10:55 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

wow that's amazing :laugh:

--------------------

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: Smoke pot and protest ol' Bushy right the fuck out [Re: Shroomism]
    #3430277 - 11/30/04 11:15 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Nice photos, they really captured the beauty of your cause.... which is, in no particular order...

environmental "rape"
ethnic cleansing
homophobia
slave wages
"do you need guns to feel (like a man/tough?)"
biased media
soviet communism
indians on the canadian flag movements
last, but certainly not least... "no blood for oil"

Seeing many older people in the crowd, struggling with such profound issues reminds me of the words of doctor evil, "there is nothing more pathetic than an aging hipster"

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

Offlineshep69
OH SHIT!

Loc: canada
Re: Smoke pot and protest ol' Bushy right the fuck out [Re: looner2]
    #3430454 - 11/30/04 11:56 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

sweet pics ..wish we had all of the ones we aparetly took!

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Re: Smoke pot and protest ol' Bushy right the fuck out [Re: shep69]
    #3430588 - 12/01/04 12:23 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20041130.wshrub1130/BNStory/Front/

A very Canadian protest

By SUE BAILEY
Canadian Press
E-mail this Article E-mail this Article
Print this Article Print this Article
Advertisement

Ottawa ? As outraged protest goes, it was a very Canadian affair.

The biggest demonstration Tuesday against U.S. President George W. Bush was a mostly peaceful, almost festival-like day of bongo drumming and whistle blowing.

It ended with a candlelight vigil that transformed Parliament Hill into a small sea of twinkling lights.

Television images focused on a brief clash between a few demonstrators and riot police, but the vast majority of marchers were upbeat in their disdain for Bush.

Not that at least 5,000 protesters ? organizers said it was more like 13,000 ? didn't make their point. They vented their opposition to the war in Iraq and the prospect of Canada's participation in a U.S. missile-defence shield.

But most were at their rudest when they crafted placards like the one that said: A Village in Texas has Lost Its Idiot.

Another featured four images of Mr. Bush's face that simply said: Moron.

The President took it all in stride as he started his two-day visit to Canada, his first foray north.

A tiny group of supporters who tried to cheer the President as he arrived on Parliament Hill was drowned out by shouts of ?Bush go home.?

Still, Mr. Bush said he wanted to ?thank the few Canadians who came out to wave ? with all five fingers ? for their hospitality.?

A few demonstrators fought with police after protesters stormed metal barricades.

Scuffles broke out as dozens of police in riot gear and gas masks used shields to hold back the surging crowd. Protesters were knocked to the ground and 10 people were arrested. A firecracker set off by one of the demonstrators was at first mistaken for tear gas.

The incident occurred outside the posh Chateau Laurier Hotel where some of the Mr. Bush entourage was staying.

Some threw placards, sticks, pumpkins and water bottles at police. Several tactical officers were covered in red paint.

The stand-offs marred a day of peaceful protests that culminated with the ?toppling? of a five-metre papier m?ch? likeness of Mr. Bush on Parliament Hill.

The stunt, mimicking a familiar image from the Iraq War when a statue of Saddam Hussein was brought down, followed a mock eulogy as people shouted ?Bush go home? and ?We don't want war.?

Demonstrators said Mr. Bush was wrong to invade Iraq without United Nations backing.

?He's a warmonger ? I think he should get out of Iraq,? said Jeanette Pole of the Raging Grannies. The singing protest group is known for its gingham dresses and offbeat hats.

Ottawa resident Heidi Petersen brought her two children in a stroller to teach them the importance of free speech.

?I brought my kids because I want (them) to learn what this freedom is that we're exercising today,? she said, as Felipe, 5, and Capitu, 2, watched the crowd.

A counter rally supporting Mr. Bush was organized by Free Dominion, a group that hails the United States as Canada's greatest ally and trading partner.

But most marchers taunted the President.

A group of young women from Montreal, calling themselves the Radical Cheerleaders, shook homemade pom-poms and chanted their anti-Bush repertoire. One ?cheer? ended with the line:

?He wants to start a new arms race, putting his weapons in outer space. (He's an) intergalactic super war criminal!?

A young man encased in masking tape and calling himself the Mummy of Montreal stagger-stepped through the throng. Music by Bob Marley and Neil Young blared from loudspeakers as people openly smoked marijuana.

The crowd roared when Michael Mandel of Lawyers Against the War talked of the estimated 100,000 Iraqis who have died since the U.S. invasion.

?This isn't a President,? he said. ?This is a homicidal maniac.?

Demonstrations were held in other centres across Canada:

In Halifax, where Mr. Bush visits on Wednesday, a small protest was held at the offices of SNC-Lavalin.

Members of the Halifax Peace Coalition handed out leaflets that said the company was manufacturing munitions used by the U.S. in Iraq, and held up photographs of children injured in that war.

A spokeswoman for the Montreal-based firm said the company can't comment on whether its bullets are used in Iraq.

Organizers are expecting several thousand people at a protest when Mr. Bush speaks at the Halifax waterfront.

The demonstrators will be kept behind barricades about 100 metres from the building.

In Charlottetown, a peaceful group of about 40 gathered outside historic Province House, the birthplace of Confederation, to declare opposition to the U.S.-led war in Iraq.

In Vancouver, protesters pulled down a statue of Mr. Bush.

An organizer told the crowd that welcoming Mr. Bush makes no sense just because the U.S. is Canada's most important trading partner.

Gail Davidson, of Lawyers Against the War, filed criminal charges against Mr. Bush for aiding in torture in Iraq. B.C.'s Attorney-General would have to approve the charges.

Protesters in Edmonton also focused their anger on the U.S.-led war in Iraq.

?I'm disgusted by (Prime Minister Paul) Martin just being buddy-buddy with Mr. Bush.? said Laura Hudelson, 30

?I know there are other issues people are concerned about. I just hope that when it comes to the issues surrounding Iraq that Paul Martin is honest about how Canadians feel.?

http://www.canada.com/national/story.html?id=01ef25e5-25ac-4fb7-8592-d293d2c3afea

Unprecedented security accompanies Bush

Stephen Thorne
Canadian Press

November 30, 2004

ADVERTISEMENT

OTTAWA -- U.S. President George W. Bush arrived at Parliament Hill on Tuesday surrounded by a 40-car motorcade overseen by police snipers on every rooftop and all manner of aircraft in the skies above.

Security for Bush's one-day visit was unprecedented, creating a kind of siege mentality as thousands of protesters gathered to march to the lawn beneath the Peace Tower.

Ottawa residents are used to minor delays and inconveniences associated with visiting heads of state; they come with the territory. But these were another matter.

Access routes - in the sky and on the ground - across the city were closed, some for only a few minutes, others for the entire day. Parts of downtown were like a ghost town while others were choked with marchers.

Almost no traffic moved; some federal employees had the day off because they couldn't cross the Ottawa River between Ottawa and Gatineau, Que., where Bush and Prime Minister Paul Martin were to dine Tuesday evening.

At protest sites, plainclothes police mingled with crowds, their tiny earphones giving them away.

Riot squads lounged aboard buses, out of sight in the wings, on back streets and behind the halls of power - with portable toilets set up to accommodate them.

They waited for the call to be moved around like chess pieces responding to the ebb and flow of the protesters, many of whom streamed out of Safeway tour buses, signs in hand, to join the growing throng.

Uniformed officers blocked streets, guarded business and manned barricades until the crowds heated up and the riot squads were called in.

Security was so tight, NDP Leader Jack Layton and Conservative MP Belinda Stronach were detained for a few minutes until police could verify their identities.

''This chap had been given instructions not to allow anybody through and he was, by golly, going to stick by those instructions until somebody told him otherwise,'' said Layton, whose orange-clad caucus joined the protesters.

''Finally, a very tall RCMP chap came and shepherded us through.''

Throughout the day, helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft circled overhead. The airspace above the city was closed to unauthorized traffic.

Sniper teams stood on the roofs of buildings near the meeting sites, scanning the crowds and surrounding areas with binoculars.

''Thanks to George Bush, we've got people up on rooftops with guns, ready to shoot people,'' one protest bellowed through a bullhorn. ''Do we need that?

''Couldn't Bush just stay home and phone Ottawa?''

Meanwhile, police on bicycles and other uniformed officers casually mingled and moved with the crowds, subtly leading the march and guiding its route as it snaked through downtown streets toward Parliament Hill.

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Smoke pot and protest ol' Bushy right the fuck out [Re: zappaisgod]
    #3431303 - 12/01/04 03:29 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

So a good leader doesn't listen to people?

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #3431748 - 12/01/04 08:29 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

:lol:

A true Canadian!

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #3432382 - 12/01/04 12:10 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Alex123 said:
Why would he listen to people who think he's a Nazi?

Because he's the president and listening to people is supposed to be his fucking job?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

You think listening to people is his JOB???? Your psychiatrist's job is to listen to people.  The president of the United States' job is to lead, which entails considering information, deciding on a course of action and then taking steps to see that the selected course of action is implemented.  He is most certainly not obliged to consider one shred of the bleatings from the vicious wing of the opposition.  And you can take that to your next therapy session.  Your shrink will listen and if he is a professional he will be able to restrain himself from laughiing insanely

Attend, Baby Hitler.

--------------------

Edited by zappaisgod (12/01/04 12:11 PM)

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #3432761 - 12/01/04 01:52 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Oh...ok. So the leader of your country isn't supposed to represent all the people of your country?

I suppose, then, that your nation truly IS at war. Your "commander in chief" is there to LEAD you all around by a noose, as if you cannot lead yourselves like free men?

What happened to all the Libertarianism I see touted in this forum so often?

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Smoke pot and protest ol' Bushy right the fuck out [Re: trendal]
    #3433300 - 12/01/04 04:00 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Attend Trendal,Attend.

--------------------

InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

#3433798 - 12/01/04 05:47 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Bush will never be charged with any war crimes by anybody. BTW, I heard something on the TV about Jacque Chirac possibly being impeached for corruption.

OfflinePali_Gap
Stranger
Re: Smoke pot and protest ol' Bushy right the fuck out [Re: Great_Satan]
    #3540001 - 12/24/04 06:13 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

#3545050 - 12/26/04 07:35 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Some more pics posted @ Bush Protest Gallery

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

General Interest >> Political Discussion