Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Santa aka Swami [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3574441 - 01/03/05 07:19 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

HUEHUECOYOTL said:
If you are implying that Swami is spreading truth (at least by his definition) then you are correct, but if you believe he is using some top secret (or occult) means to force us to see his view against our will then you are very paranoid.

Oook, then let's do a little experiment in Psychological Warfare, and please take NO offence as it is all an experiment, NOT my opinion:
---------------------------------------------------------

Huehuecoyotl..
I am not belittling or denying your extensive experience with propaganda in the US Army nor the fact that you extensively studied logic and ethics in college but I agree when you say you are not exactly an expert in communications.

Seriously now, and i'll take you serious on this matter as it is after all one that transcends the usual level of debating we see here on the boards. There is a vast difference between the propaganda and psychowarfare you got to know as a grunt in the US Army and what goes on in the real world. In the real world, huehue, people tend to stray from the path of righteousness and justness as you obviously are very aware of.

You see, sometimes ordinary people just like you are rationally explaining something, as I hope you understand while they beside the logic are deliberately stabbing directly at the man behind the conversation. Surely you must see this, we're all rational people here after all.Some people put words between the words independent of their rational message, I can't understand why you won't come to terms with the reality of that.
We're only human, aren't we?

good, this was an oddly worded but perfectly rational post, wasn't it? After all I gave you a rational explanation of why I believe you are wrong. But there were curiously odd un-Wiccanstyle phrasings.. let me now mark some odd passages with smileys before I come to business

---------------------------------------------------------

Huehuecoyotl..
I am not belittling or denying your extensive experience with propaganda in the US Army (caught that one? :wink:) nor the fact that you  extensively studied logic and ethics in college (equally subtle :wink:)
but I agree when you say you are not exactly an expert in communications (huh? :wink:)

Seriously now, and i'll take you serious on this matter as it is after all one that transcends the usual level of debating we see here on the boards(:shocked:). There is a vast difference between the propaganda and psychowarfare you got to know as a grunt in the US Army (:smirk:) and what goes on in the real world. (:tongue2:) In the real world, huehue( :wink:) people tend to stray from the path of righteousness and justness as you obviously are very aware of. (:evil:)

You see, sometimes ordinary people just like you (:grin:) are rationally explaining something, as I hope you understand (:shocked:) while they beside the logic are deliberately stabbing directly at the man behind the conversation. Surely you must see this, we're all rational people here after all.(:grin:) Some people put words between the words independent of their rational message, I can't understand why you won't come to terms with the reality(:rotfl:) of that.
We're only human, aren't we? (:evil:)

I just have argued that some people say more then they imply to say, didn't I?
Now let me translate the lines I specifically marked with those smileys for their emotional, not rational, message, and please don't take this personal as that text is only a blatant example and most certainly not my opinion of you. Let's read between the rational words from an emotional point of view:

------------------------------------------------------------

-you have been brainwashed by the military
-you had to go to college to learn about logic & ethics
-I agree you got no idea what you are talking about (selective quoting wins people over and have a laugh at your expense)
-We only take you seriously because you for once have a point worthy of consideration, we all see you as someone who lowers the standard of discussion on this board.
-You were subjected to propaganda and psychowarfare experiments when you were a mere rankless serviceman in the military
-because of this you are out of touch with the real world
-let me bring you in tune with reality
-you got a piece of iron a bit too close to your moral compass and you know it
-you aren't so irrational that you can't see this?
-you are impossible to reason with, don't you like reason?
-do you think you are better then us?

HUH?! An entire line of consistent unreasonable emotional ranting, which was NOT written but fully included in the true meaning of the rational post :eek:

And wouldn't you be banned for vicious flaming if you wrote this message in WORDS rather then innuendo?
----------------------------------------------------

This, Huehuecoyotl, is psychological warfare, hacking into people's heads, that is part of the array of tricks Swami was banned for.
It is most certainly NOT my message or opinion of you but a blunt, inpersonal example of said psychowarfare
The rational post I made emotionally put a shotgun to your head and pulled the trigger. This was in no way subtle, I'm new to doing this but i damn well catch it if it is being used on people.

In my view Swami systematically selected people he disliked, homed in on their emotional weakspots and then began a systematic approach of perfectly benign rational posts loaded with this psychowarfare aimed at driving them off of Spir&Phil so it can become the SKEPTICS DEBUNKERS FORUM where people making the mistake of posting the beliefs they hold so precious and dear are ruthlessly assassinated by a mob of debunkers.

If the Administry had given some examples they would've been laughed at and called pussies. There is a lot of stuff we cannot show you because it falls under the privacy of duped members.

Suppose you are all discussing round the table and some newbie starts whining unfounded BS and leaves. Can happen, can't it?

But what if the Management has looked under the table and saw that during the rational conversation the most popular guy was constantly kicking the newbie's shinbone to shite?

And that the majority above the tabletop were not aware and sided with the popular guy, so the newbie in his view got confronted with an opposing and emotionally hostile mob. Because several people were pounding away rationally (which can be defendable) but at least one other dealt low blows and makes sure the emotional wound rots while the pounding goes on.

What if the management sees this going on time and time again? Warns but then it just happens again? Bans, and sees the ban violated by a list of completely unreasonable demands? Have this guy return bearing the title LOBOTOMIZED :drama: and use an illegal puppet to stir up the unrest?

If you wonder why on earth Swami would violate his ban AND use an illegal puppet instead of using his ban to think up a rational strategy and working it out with the Administry in PM as to ease the tension in the community...
Perhaps you got an incorrect image of Swami. Perhaps he isn't ALL about rationality.. Perhaps there *was* something to this banning after all, if he violates it several times and returns to fuel the riot.

All this is my personal opinion. In my view, if you were to read many of my and other Mods posts about the SWAMA, then you might see all sorts of variations on the theme i'm laying down in this thread.

This is all my personal take on things. I will not represent the Shroomery Administry on this topic which has sparked too much unrest already.

If anyone wants to ask me stuff as a member then please read my posts and react appropriately to statements I made or questions I not yet gave my opinion on.

I'm here as a MEMBER who happens to be part of the Administry. Even as a member I have voluntarily waived freedom of speech in the best interest of the community and I'm bound further by the politics that inevitably come with responsibility over a community.

Please be respectful.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
Re: Santa aka Swami [Re: Asante]
    #3574468 - 01/03/05 07:56 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

you got it. i understand that that in now way can you say anything "the administry" wouldn't want to be said as a representative of the shroomery, and that only tid-bits of the situation which are selectively chosen are you at liberty to discuss on your own accord. i hold nothing against you...i know that if you just like soo many others would, undisclose the un-edited version of the story. but theres absolutely nothing you can do.... you as a MEMBER who's coat is hung nicely on the peg couldn't for Swamis sake waiv your waiver of freedom of thought/speech. who would? why dip into it? you are a respected shroomery member who must go along with what the administry sees just or unjust....  almost 3 years and 2100 posts later?! not after working soo hard to belong!! i respect one who can go with the flow like that!                :poke:and :jester: too much and.. :jesus:
            I'm done.

--------------------
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are -Kurt Cobain

Hotter than the left sink handle.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Santa aka Swami [Re: uriahchase]
    #3574485 - 01/03/05 08:18 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not even trying to look for hidden meaning in that :wink:

All I want to say is that I speak here as a member among members and that all censorship in my words is entirely self-inflicted.

I did not get any PMs by other members of the Administry to stifle me, there is no list of Do's and Don'ts taped to the side of my computer and no admin is using me as a puppet here.

I am here to speak my mind and I use the restraints that I myself believe I should adhere to. My loyalty lies to the COMMUNITY above the Management.

If there was a deep-dark secret that the Administry was keeping that was detrimental to the well-being of the community, you would see me posting it everywhere and eventually getting perma-banned for it if they were unjust.
I've got an injustice complex just like me most quarrelsome members, but I happen to be in the know and can tell you there is no injustice here. I in fact keep telling it to all very plainly.
If there was injustice here I'd raise some serious hell if it were for the good of the Community.

But I specifically tell you that is NOT the case. As far as I have seen, without restraint of expression here, the Administry is acting entirely in the best interest of the Community.

In my view it would've been better if we put op a sticky right in the beginning that clarified it all, but if you have been reading in my posts it is a complicated matter and it in my view not lack of evidence, but rather the complexity and privacy issues of the matter are so out of hand that this was infeasible.

Remember that the Administrators have the Right to settle any dispute with the big rubber stamp of WESAYSO, but that they never even hinted at stamping it for a cover-up.

There is no conspiracy, Swami does not sit on the Shroomery server with a belt of explosives screaming The Truth Is Out There, there is no coverup or injustice even if the Administrators were our equals, it is an unfortunate matter. I believe that if Swami is banned forever for a public matter in the future, that you can actually see him bring it onto himself with covert use of the techniques i outlined in these posts.

If Swami behaves like the thousands that do not get warned and banned all the damn time then he'll be on these boards for as long and often as he himself wants to be.

TRUST WE ARE JUST.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery

#3574490 - 01/03/05 08:22 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

"I am here to speak my mind and I use the restraints that I myself believe I should adhere to. My loyalty lies to the COMMUNITY above the Management.

If there was a deep-dark secret that the Administry was keeping that was detrimental to the well-being of the community, you would see me posting it everywhere and eventually getting perma-banned for"

fair enough.

--------------------

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#3574866 - 01/03/05 11:50 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you for your replies here Wiccan. I think this is the first post I have read from the Mods that has really honestly explored and explained the whole of the issue.

I think the biggest problem in all of this is that people are worried that it's Swami's posts for challenging other's whacky beliefs that he has gotten in trouble for. I think it is most likely a good thing that those who come to this board with a head full of fantasy should get a good dose of reality, even if that can be hard on them. Those who support Swami see these posts from him, and not posts that harass.

The core issue here is that people are worried about the Mod's judgement of the fine line between opposition and harassment. I think what some people would like to see would be specific examples selected by the Mods of Swami's posts that show he is harassing someone. People want to see evidence, they want to see the case that was made against Swami, but it is all kept behind closed doors.

But I believe Wiccan that there probably was some crossing of the line by Swami, and in any case he will be back soon so we don't really need to worry too too much. We should have some faith in the mods, there is no reason to assume that each one of them handling this case is incompetent.

*Previews my post and realizes:* The mods are telling a bunch of Swami supporters (SKEPTICS) that they should have FAITH in their decisions, without showing evidence. By definition of who they are, those who support Swami will likely try to fight the mods until their skeptic minds have been satiated by evidence.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Santa aka Swami [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #3575214 - 01/03/05 02:13 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Amber_Glow said:The mods are telling a bunch of Swami supporters (SKEPTICS) that they should have FAITH in their decisions, without showing evidence. By definition of who they are, those who support Swami will likely try to fight the mods until their skeptic minds have been satiated by evidence.

The only evidence...
Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
In my view Swami systematically selected people he disliked, homed in on their emotional weakspots and then began a systematic approach of perfectly benign rational posts loaded with this psychowarfare aimed at driving them off of Spir&Phil so it can become the SKEPTICS DEBUNKERS FORUM where people making the mistake of posting the beliefs they hold so precious and dear are ruthlessly assassinated by a mob of debunkers.

...is paranoia.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Swama New Year = Resolution or Revolution? [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #3575288 - 01/03/05 02:48 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Maybe some of you can understand this. Swami had put up a post when he hit 10,000 asking what he wins. I decided to honor his 10,000 posts with a ROAST. Maybe the humor in it can lighten all of this up.

He had mentioned that he may be spending to much time here and considered getting a job at Burger King and he was joking.

Here was my reply and BTW he responded with a laugh and said "good one".

How bout a Roast to celebrate the occasion?

Swami working at Burger King, can you picture it?

swami: Good evening sir, welcome to Burger King. May I take your
order?

customer: Yes please, I'll have a whopper with no onions and
a coke for here.

swami: An all beef grilled patti eaten without onions is illogical
and makes no sense.

customer: But onions give me gas sir.

swami: Proove it!

customer: Look, just give me a whaler fish sandwhch instead, hold the
mayo.

swami: So, you are admitting that onions do not give you gas and that
you are wrong.

customer: Can I just have the whaler with no mayo please?

swami: A whaler is a fish sandwich made with mayo. You are talking
about something that does not exist except for in your
imagination. Please do not confuse your fantasies with the
actual BK menu.

customer: Sir, that sign over their says that I can have it my way.

swami: That sign was written by Burger King and he has been
proven to be a fraud. He is a fictional character and there
for his words have no validity, use or credibility.

customer: Fine, you have it your way. Just give me a large fry to go.

swami: We have strawberry, vanilla and chocolate

customer: Just cancel my order. I'm going to McDonalds.

swami: Oh sure. Now you are renigging on the order because you don't
know how to order whats on the menu and insist on ordering
up fantasy sandwiches that do not exist with excuses that
you can't back up.

customer: Looks around for the hidden candid camera video because
he's thinking , this has to be a joke. Then he heads for
the door.

swami yells out: Their chicken McNuggets are fake. Ronald McDonald is
a fraud after your money.

End of the shift swami tells his boss he quits. He thinks to himself "if all of my customers are this delusioned I might as well go back to spending my days at the shroomery."

Happy 10,000 posts!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Santa aka Swami [Re: Sclorch]
    #3575390 - 01/03/05 03:27 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

The only evidence...
...is paranoia.

The only thing Sclorch sees...
...is what he wants to see

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Santa aka Swami [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #3575569 - 01/03/05 04:14 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

We should have some faith in the mods, there is no reason to assume that each one of them handling this case is incompetent.

I can top that, it's irrational, verging on the arrogant.
"Everybody in the Management is wrong and I am right and I have the right to pressure the Management into providing me what i want."

It is interesting that in all matters relating to banning things barely cause a ripple, but that the banning of somebody for his badgering is associated by an uproar of people who start badgering the management.

We have seen that somebody was PM-ed to join the fight against the Moderators, we see overt aggression and hostility to the management, we see statements that the moderators should be flushed, the management is accused of BS, of paranoia, of irrational and childlike behaviors, hostile threads are being started for the sole purpose of viciousness, attacks are played directly on the person...

But, ofcourse, Swami has nothing to do with any disturbance of the peace. This is only natural and happens with any banning, right?

It is only normal that members act like a pack of vicious snarling wolves against the unpaid volunteers who operate and own this private site, isn't it?

Swami has broken his first ban by making an absolutely ridiculous list of demands and having someone post it illegaly for him knowing full well this person could be banned for doing his dirtywork. Then he comes back in outrage and gets banned again. Then he uses the puppet Gustavius.

Gustavious questioned Swami's ban with a naivite that is totally unlike Swami. In the Spirituality forum he posted how he loved things that Swami would utterly reject and he even makes lots of spelling errors and naive wordings, a bambi-eyed newbie..

But it was all Swami. Swami faked Gustavius and we caught him with his IP hanging out of his pants. A completely fabricated personality of naiveness and innocense and spelling errors and fake spirituality for the purpose of misleading people and used to violate his second ban too and fuel the fire in that very thread.

Isn't that enough?

No! we want evidence!!
You have been given evidence.
No we want OTHER evidence. There is no evidence.
...and a flame war ensues of hostility against the management.

Oh sure.
This is going to convince the Administry that Swami is innocent.
This is going to prove that the Swami Solidarity Movement is not about terrorizing the boards to get their demands answered through aggression.
This is going to promote the Administry giving out a public statement to give in to terrorism.
This is going to help Swami not get banned for good if he breaks the rules again.
If you really believe this please visit www.lalaland.com because in the real world this blatant aggression campaign won't fly.

When Gandhi was imprisoned his followers engaged into nonviolent protesting which freed him.

...so if you really think that Swami is angelic but oppressed by a demon management you all have chosen the right path to ensure him being freed prematurely and get the accusations reviewed.
Several of you have been behaving like a pack of vicious snarling wolves out for moderator blood and in my view the matter is such that if there will be no public Administry statement on the Swama affair, a significant part of it will be the "zero tolerance on terrorism" stance that most communities have in place.

How about blotting out the words Swami Solidarity and writing FIGHT CLUB? because the behavior looks a lot like a bunch of anarchists with the delusions that anything goes and a great thought-up leader.

In my view if Swami had gracefully taken his ban, and people hadn't been acting like a pack of vicious snarling wolves Swami would be back for days & days posting in merryness.
Too bad "rational philosophy people" can't swallow their aggression.
In OTD people know OTD matters should be settled in OTD.
The S&P people get righteous and holier-than-thou (thou = the entire management) and post their indignation across the forums.
Classy.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery

#3576338 - 01/03/05 07:15 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

oh shit! one more little thing then im done bitchin' bout it......the post about "how not to talk" posted by a mod for the communities use....is it not a Swami debate handbook? the tactics that are listed and given for all to use in their daily debatings are exactly the tactics swami uses... sorry to keep this thread going..im sure you're exhausted with it all.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3576550 - 01/03/05 08:09 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

We all use hidden meanings and inuendo in our communications. It is an unconcious act in many cases. Of course I will call a person's credibility into question often using sarcasm and veiled references in a disagreement. It is called being subtle. As I pointed out to you in a previous post you do this as well. By asking me to reread your posting (when you know damn well I did read it) is implying that I have a deficiency in comprehension and intelligence. You didn't need any smileys to do it either. Your posts are filled with inuendo and sarcasm,(much as Swami's were) but I do not see it as warfare...merely debate. You would probably disagree and say that you express no hidden meaning to attack others...so would Swami. To others it is clear. With or without the smiley's, by the way, I see the same message. You are projecting on to another what you do as well...Swami was just good at it. Warfare...no, just pointed conversation and a little paranoia on your part. Trying to demonstrate your expertise in psychwar (see a little sarcasm and inuendo there?) is futile to me as you have demonstated none. I see only someone reading what they want into the words of another. By the way "you have been brainwashed by the military" was put on me by the true believers (not Swami) my first month on this forum, I took no offense as I just considered the source. One more thing...skeptics have just as much relevance on this forum as anyone else. I am beginning to see much hypocrisy in this whole affair. A man on another thread preaches hate againt Jews, but his thread is not locked and he is not banned. To question young believers in the occult is not allowed, but the expression of racial hatreds is? I have seen Catholics and Mormons attacked on a similar basis and no moderation was applied, but scare a few of the "groovy" people and you are gone.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3576645 - 01/03/05 08:36 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
We all use hidden meanings and inuendo in our communications.

I beg to differ.  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Santa aka Swami [Re: Frog]
    #3576657 - 01/03/05 08:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You just did it yourself. I restate "We all use hidden meanings and inuendo in our communications". Thank you for making my point.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3576662 - 01/03/05 08:40 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Then again maybe you meant to...I am dense at times.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#3576668 - 01/03/05 08:40 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

That was not hidden at all!  I said I beg to differ!  I DO differ!  How is the meaning hidden in that statement???

I AGAIN beg to differ!!!!

:grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3576685 - 01/03/05 08:43 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You do not see it...but the smiley tells the tale. My point was that this was an unconcious process. Some do it more than others...but we all use hidden meaning and inuendo.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3576696 - 01/03/05 08:44 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Or maybe...like many moderators here, I read in what I wanted to see...

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#3576711 - 01/03/05 08:47 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
You do not see it...but the smiley tells the tale. My point was that this was an unconcious process. Some do it more than others...but we all use hidden meaning and inuendo.

Nope.  I (almost) always use a smiley, because if I don't, people think I'm being a sarcastic asshole.  So, I use smiley's a lot, to show that I'm unarmed.  :grin:

It's like a handshake, ya know???

--------------------

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #3576724 - 01/03/05 08:49 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I agree :cool:

Changes the tone entirely :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3576763 - 01/03/05 08:55 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

That particular smiley is a smug, a-hole lookin smiley though. When Swami used them they were "psycholocical warfare" (note the sarcasm)...so are we at war?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom