Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Swami Reiki Challenge
    #1331479 - 02/24/03 10:28 AM (21 years, 28 days ago)

Ever the negative, evil-doing, bad but honest guy that I am, I will pay $20,000 to any Reiki practioner that can heal my back (a lifelong ailment - not complaining, but it is quite measureable) so that it shows definite improvement on an X-Ray.

I can hardly wait for the flood of answers that say how my puny doubt can block the Universal Life-Force.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: Swami Reiki Challenge [Re: Swami]
    #1331528 - 02/24/03 10:48 AM (21 years, 28 days ago)

Hi swami,

I would recomend looking into PSI. Dont expect to be healed over night, but with patience and endurance and time, you can heal yourself and others once you become stronger with energy working. PSI, for me, has improved my life greatly, and led to many positive things. Its easy to practice and learn the basics, but it would be up to you to expand your abilities : )

Anonymous

#1331529 - 02/24/03 10:50 AM (21 years, 28 days ago)

Have you even tried looking for one in real life rather than on an internet forum?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1331532 - 02/24/03 10:51 AM (21 years, 28 days ago)

From the "official" Reiki FAQ - http://www.reiki.org/FAQ/HowDoesReikiWork.html

Do All Healers Use Reiki?

All healers use life force or Ki, but not all use Reiki. Reiki is a special kind of life force that can only be channeled by someone that has been attuned to it. It is possible that some people are born with Reiki or have gotten it some other way. However, most healers who have not received the Reiki attunement from a Reiki Master (and paid huge sums of money) are not using Reiki but another kind of life force. People who already do healing work consistently report an increase of at least fifty percent in the strength of their healing energies after taking the Reiki training.

Ah, an increase of 50% clearly indicates a measurable increase, but of course, there is nothing to measure nor one single study to back up this outlandish claim.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Swami Reiki Challenge [Re: 2Experimental]
    #1331540 - 02/24/03 10:57 AM (21 years, 28 days ago)

I would recomend looking into PSI.
Care to post a link?

Dont expect to be healed over night,
I don't.

but with patience and endurance and time,
Just like normal unaided healing...?

you can heal yourself and others once you become stronger with energy working.
So is there nobody that has already mastered these techniques that wants some hard cash or does everyone merely like to TALK?

PSI, for me, has improved my life greatly, and led to many positive things. Its easy to practice and learn the basics, but it would be up to you to expand your abilities : )
Sounds good, but have never seen anyone demonstrate even the feeblest of mystical healing powers.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Swami Reiki Challenge [Re: ]
    #1331547 - 02/24/03 11:02 AM (21 years, 28 days ago)

Have you even tried looking for one in real life rather than on an internet forum?

Major false assumption there bro. Merely 30 years of investigating healers, psychics, gurus, astrologers, shamans has turned up nothing but fraud or self-deception.

What is wrong with making a public offer before thousands of viewers who believe? I have a large audience here, but in three years of generous offers, not one person has stepped up to the plate. Lots of verbal attacks and such, but no substance - just like in the real world.

--------------------

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

#1331633 - 02/24/03 11:53 AM (21 years, 28 days ago)

Bend an stretch reach for the stars.
Three stretchin exersizes a GP gave me. Lay on back pull each knee to chin, slowly, alternate 10 times. Flip onto stomach lift each leg not bent so foot is 5 inches from ground.10 reps alternate right and left leg. Last stretch put arms out lift both legs and arms 5inches from gound 10 reps. Do all once a day. Walk 2 miles 3 times a week. See you GP before you  start any of this. I'm not a doctor I only play one on the internet. I'll do the REicki shit from here. :wink: Cash only. :grin: 

--------------------
Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
I have done it before and it never has an effect on the true believer so what is the point?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Swami Reiki Challenge [Re: falcon]
    #1331691 - 02/24/03 12:19 PM (21 years, 28 days ago)

Thanks for the advice. Stretching is great for muscles and ligaments, but does little for disc degeneration. Will e-mail you $1 for your effort.

--------------------

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

#1332004 - 02/24/03 01:58 PM (21 years, 28 days ago)

Sorry to hear that, sometimes when things are just out of place you can pull them back.

--------------------
Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
I have done it before and it never has an effect on the true believer so what is the point?

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #1332175 - 02/24/03 03:08 PM (21 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Ever the negative, evil-doing, bad but honest guy that I am, I will pay $20,000 to any Reiki practioner that can heal my back (a lifelong ailment - not complaining, but it is quite measureable) so that it shows definite improvement on an X-Ray.

My email is Remy@shroomery.org. You can pay using paypal, or similar internet payment service. Once i recieve notice of payment I will proceed to long distance practicion your back with rare and powerful waves of life force energy.

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
    #1332205 - 02/24/03 03:19 PM (21 years, 28 days ago)

I have Spina Bifida Occulta,degenerative disc disease @ L-5 ,Chondromalacia Patella w/Osteoarthritis of the left knee,4cm bone spur on my sternum along with 5 S/S wires holding the sternum together,I am missing 6' of bowel from a ruptured appy and half of my heart muscle is dead due to a fucked-up angiogram.

Point; I am going shrooming tommorrow and will cover 10+ miles of coast range hillsides and canyons looking for chantrelles.I run and operate a one man and 2 kid plant nursery.

Point; I take only Cannabis for inflamation

Point;I can measurably affect the energy levels in my body(temp,conductivity,circulation)with mental processes

Point;This while not specificly Reiki,is a related form of energy healing.

Final Point; Take responsibility for the physical reactions your body has to it's state of health and change them.Millions are made by people wishing for others to "fix" their problems.When one is responsible for one's own health and quits looking to ANY medicine man to fix them then perhaps they can learn to heal,which is not dependent upon "fixing" anything.

I am healed not "fixed" and I feel fine mostly,and when I don't feel OK, I take responsibility for how I feel and work to change it.This is an across the board response including controling my diabetes,B/P and pain levels.
Back pain is common and overmedicated, good physical muscle tone in the abdomen and back would not only prevent much of the back problems seen today but control existing conditions.For chronic inflamation oral Cannabis can provide long term relief w/o psychoactive effects.It also has beneficial effects on slowing degenerative bone conditions.
But finally the way YOU allow the energy to flow through you controls more of your physical state than any other factor.Please think of what I am saying before you attack this last statement,your emotional state is primarily an energy state and it has been directly linked to immune response.I can tell you there is much more possible than is presently recognized.
Good Luck with your back :wink:WR

--------------------
To old for this place

Edited by whiterasta (02/24/03 03:21 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Swami Reiki Challenge [Re: whiterasta]
    #1332279 - 02/24/03 03:43 PM (21 years, 28 days ago)

Final Point; Take responsibility for the physical reactions your body has to it's state of health and change them.Millions are made by people wishing for others to "fix" their problems.When one is responsible for one's own health and quits looking to ANY medicine man to fix them then perhaps they can learn to heal,which is not dependent upon "fixing" anything.
Please do not make such a sweeping assumption WR. I rarely visit any doctors or healers much preferring to take matters into my own hands. At 47, I believe that I could out-hike most anyone on this board. Not a brag, but a statement of a life lived with health and fitness in mind. Hardly a weak, hypochondriac looking for a handout.

This thread is not about looking "out there" or wishing for healing, nor even about my "condition"; it is ABOUT VALIDATING CLAIMS THAT REIKI ACTUALLY WORKS. Period.

Back pain is common and overmedicated, good physical muscle tone in the abdomen and back would not only prevent much of the back problems seen today but control existing conditions.
I take no medication. With a few powerlifting trophies and a six-pack, my abs and lower back are fairly well developed.

--------------------

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
    #1332366 - 02/24/03 04:27 PM (21 years, 28 days ago)

Kick ass dude! So screw the whole "cure my back" thing then :wink:WR :grin:

--------------------
To old for this place

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#1333401 - 02/25/03 04:43 AM (21 years, 27 days ago)

***Gives Swami a good, hard kick to the back***

Quit yer braggin, cripple!

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Swami Reiki Challenge [Re: Viveka]
    #1333539 - 02/25/03 05:37 AM (21 years, 27 days ago)

*Kee-rack!* Hey, that feels better now. I think you fixed my subluxation. :smile: 

--------------------

InvisiblePeaceful_Nomad
On the Path ofthe Feather
 User Gallery

Loc: Sometimes Kansas - Maybe ...
Re: Swami Reiki Challenge [Re: Remy]
    #1333654 - 02/25/03 06:23 AM (21 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

with rare and powerful waves of life force energy

RARE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? best check that ego! We all have the ability (Reiki or
not) to effect another persons physical reality through the power of
suggestion and touch. The energy force harnessed by the Reiki
technique(s) is far from RARE . Using terminology like this is
leading the recipient to believe YOU are one of the few who are
privy to initiating this healing process.

It is the environmental factors that effect us individually that create
imbalance, making it more difficult to tap into the Universal Life Force
we are all connected to.

Using the aforementioned terminology in this case is simply NOT
true and very misleading to somebody who is seeking for
alternative ways of healing.

NOTE ~ if anybody reading this thread is interested in alternative
healing modalities, interview the practitioner prior to receiving a
treatment. If that practitioner feels as if he/she is HEALING the
recipient, turn around and walk away! For anybody to think they
can heal another is simply EGOTISTICAL!

However, if the practitioner does not take responsibility for your
current condition, explains to you that the healing process
comes from within and he/she is merely a catalyst to your
healing, is educated enough to give solid advice concerning
anatomy and kinesiology, then I would say stick with them -
they probably know what they are doing.

Likewise, if you run into an alternative practitoner who
is completely against mainstream medicine and thinks
only alternative modalities are the true healing catalyst...
steer clear!!! You have just come into contact with another
inflated ego.

NOBODY has ALL the answers. The only way we can find
balance in life is to work together, despite differences in
belief.

Peace to Everyone,

Peaceful Nomad

--------------------

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
Re: Swami Reiki Challenge [Re: Peaceful_Nomad]
    #1333802 - 02/25/03 07:17 AM (21 years, 27 days ago)

You obviously failed to see the humor embedded in Remy's post.

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Re: Swami Reiki Challenge [Re: Peaceful_Nomad]
    #1334457 - 02/25/03 10:34 AM (21 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

RARE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? best check that ego! We all have the ability (Reiki or
not) to effect another persons physical reality through the power of
suggestion and touch

I said "rare and powerful waves of life force energy." I was not advertising your ordinary, everday life energy.

Quote:

The energy force harnessed by the Reiki
technique(s) is far from RARE .

Then explain to me why Reiki is not a major method of healing across the world?
Why don't we have reiki practitioners riding in ambulances, and reiki practitioners instead of surgeons.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Swami Reiki Challenge [Re: Remy]
    #1334572 - 02/25/03 11:11 AM (21 years, 27 days ago)

Remy: Then explain to me why Reiki is not a major method of healing across the world? Why don't we have reiki practitioners riding in ambulances, and reiki practitioners instead of surgeons.

Because Reiki practitioners can't stand sirens and the smell of hospitals... duh!

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Swami Reiki Challenge [Re: Sclorch]
    #1334764 - 02/25/03 12:13 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

I don't know anything about Reiki, and I don't really care to learn about it, but I know that Swami's challenge doesn't really prove anything. First off, how many reiki people are on this board? Second, where in the reiki faq do the official reiki people claim that reiki can be used to cure disc degeneration? Show us that and then you might have something to work with towards making your point. Right now, though, your challenge is like me saying "Ok, western medicine people, if you're so clever, then cure my aids/cancer/ebola infection."

point: All forms of medicine have their advantages, disadvantages, weak points, strong points. We all know this, and I see no reason to believe that reiki claims to cure the problem Swami has, so winning this challenge proves nothing.

And if I had the ability to wave my arms around and cure people with beams of primordial white light out of my third eye, would I really think it was worth it to convince an arrogant dissilusioned middle-aged dude on the internet? I'd be out getting laid, personally.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds