Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Yet again it's time to experiment with psilocybin extraction
    #3509140 - 12/16/04 02:41 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well I finally have some yield to yet continue my psilocybin extraction experimentation, I have some Q's to ask you guys.

For a marijuana extraction if you freeze the buds before putting them in alcohol, it will expand the thc and help squeeze it out thru the stems in crystal form.

I am fully aware that the chemical properties of psilocybin are very far from tetrahydrocannabinol, but could I get any possible benefit from freezing mushroom powder before mixing it with my extract solvent?

Also, I have a small bottle of HCL. I am told that psilo is acid soluable, so can I go ahead and add a small amount of HCL to my solvent to aid in the diffusion?

Edited by kronnyQ (12/16/04 04:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: Yet again it's time to experiment with psilocybin extraction [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3509498 - 12/16/04 03:53 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Eat mushrooms, whole

Honestly, extracting psilocibin crystals can be diffucult, and there is no need.

And the reason you freeze marijauna before you make oil or kiff/screen it is so the trichromes harden, and snap off easier...

Offlinegibbard
Stranger
Re: Yet again it's time to experiment with psilocybin extraction [Re: 2Experimental]
    #3509776 - 12/16/04 04:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I think 'ol's such as ethanol, methanol, etc. are water soluble and not organic solvent soluble, if it wasn't then what is the other 60% of vodka?

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Re: Yet again it's time to experiment with psilocybin extraction [Re: gibbard]
    #3509799 - 12/16/04 04:43 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Not sure what you mean...I will be attempting two extractions, one with 200 proof ethanol the other with ether.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3509827 - 12/16/04 04:50 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Just remember that it should be heated before filtering out the mushrooms.

2Experimental, I agree that its completely pointless. It doesn't make it easier to ingest or anything. But, either way it can be fun to attempt.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #3509833 - 12/16/04 04:50 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Where do you find your ether?

Offlinegibbard
Stranger
    #3509836 - 12/16/04 04:51 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, well you will only get product in one of those two trials as it will either be soluble in the ethanol or the ether but not both.

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City Flag
    #3511796 - 12/16/04 11:50 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

For a marijuana extraction if you freeze the buds before putting them in alcohol, it will expand the thc and help squeeze it out thru the stems in crystal form.

Never heard of this -- I always just threw them in the blender with some alcohol.... Seemed to work fine. Whatever works, I guess. I wouldn't freeze the mushroom powder unless you're sure it's 100% dry. I don't think it'll make a big difference, if any.

HCL won't do anything to help in alcohol -- psilocybin is soluble in alcohol in the first place. I wouldn't use ether unless you're planning on doing an acid/base extraction -- it should be in the freebase form in the shrooms so it should work but you won't get as good of yeilds as you would with alcohol. Be sure you use 100% (dry) alcohol.

I've never heard of anyone using HCl for the a/b extraction, but it should work.... It might rip it apart, though, if you get carried away. I'd use dilute acetic acid to extract and then basify and extract with ether (you'll have a much easier time evaporating the ether). Don't try gassing it out because it doesn't work.

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Yet again it's time to experiment with psilocybin extraction [Re: micro]
    #3513038 - 12/17/04 10:09 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'll join in once I've got enough that I can not weep losing 5 grams :smile:

http://mycotopia.net/discus/messages/5/154646.html?1093201399

(i'd post a shroomery link, but I'm not aware of any good ones for extraction purposes)

The guy who did this extraction dosed, and said it was threshold. The problem, was the fact that when it cooled, the crystals dropped to the bottom (as seen in the *awesome* pics). His dose was just the ratio of liquid he figured would be a good dose, without again heating it up and letting the crystals disolve in the liquid. He never posted his follow up. But the image of the crystals is enough to make me want to try this.

So, I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Instead of only waiting overnight, I'd wait a week (which others have recommended). Then heat via a double boiler (carefully) and while still hot filter it. I'd poor the alcohol into a glass pan of some sort and evaporate it off (using a fan, I suppose). Maybe even perform a second extraction on the leftover mush. Either way, I'll just use a dose worth, say 5 grams worth asssuming loses.

The main difference is that he (and most people) didn't evaporate it off, simply dosing the liquid. It'd be fun to get the crystal and stick it in a pill. One extraction I read of resulted in blue crystal. However, it wasn't very potent, either do to filtering, or destruction of chemicals. Either way, after an extraction your stuff isn't going to last long, I'd plan on taking it immediatly.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Re: Yet again it's time to experiment with psilocybin extraction [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3513477 - 12/17/04 12:08 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Alright, well i guess i now know to not expect any great results especially just from 5g, but like you said elgr it would just be fun to try and get some psilo crystals.

Offlinegibbard
Stranger
    #3516395 - 12/18/04 06:14 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The hard part about purifying the psilo is getting it out of the water which usually requires precipitation (proteins can be salted out but I do not think that psilo has the beta-lactam part of a molecule that is usually attacked during the salting process), another new technology for water water extraction is fake organic solutions that act as an aqueous layers, but those are only really used to extract expensive pharmaceuticals.

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #3516420 - 12/18/04 06:31 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

OK, I have been following the past extraction threads on and off, and it appears that mixed results are the norm. Now, this could be the result of people botching the methods or using too little material as some people report success, I don't know...

I have become interested in trying this ever since the notion of decreased nausea was brought up. Would an extraction using an aqueous solution of acetic acid > filter > precipitate > then extract with ether provide decently pure crystals with a minimal amount of "tar" (fats and other organics)? I am confident I can handle a simple organic extraction such as this, but is the product reasonably pure? How does it perform in terms of loss (provided all precautions to minimize such loss are taken), could one expect extraction yields to be >25%?

--------------------
To give is to live...

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
Re: Yet again it's time to experiment with psilocybin extraction [Re: ATWAR]
    #3516552 - 12/18/04 07:47 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

hmz, and then make pills? :lol: lol just eat the fellows imho! :laugh:

--------------------

Offlinepyronicx
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Yet again it's time to experiment with psilocybin extraction [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3516629 - 12/18/04 08:35 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

the blue crystals aren't really potent because the blue color is caused by oxidation of psilocin so the longer it's in contact with oxygen the potency will degrade.

Offlinegibbard
Stranger
Re: Yet again it's time to experiment with psilocybin extraction [Re: pyronicx]
    #3516736 - 12/18/04 09:36 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Performing the experiment isn't hard but as expressed above about oxidation you need to worry about denaturing your psilo with the chemicals used in extraction as there are numerous functional groups on the molecule that could react with organics to change the molecule completely especially in the presence of heat. Not to mention the fact that heat is known to degrade psilo and thus denaturization will occur at an exponential rate as you increase the temperature.

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

#3516740 - 12/18/04 09:39 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Accept them as they come to us, eat them as they are! :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineSS4DBZ
Stranger
Re: Yet again it's time to experiment with psilocybin extraction [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3518081 - 12/18/04 07:24 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City Flag
Re: Yet again it's time to experiment with psilocybin extraction [Re: SS4DBZ]
    #3519304 - 12/19/04 01:01 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I'll join in once I've got enough that I can not weep losing 5 grams

http://mycotopia.net/discus/messages/5/154646.html?1093201399

(i'd post a shroomery link, but I'm not aware of any good ones for extraction purposes)

EDITED: sorry -- not the same link as I thought

To get crystals:

Extract with dilute acetic acid, pH to 3.5 or so. Let sit and filter out crap. Repeat this extraction with the filtered out crap (re-pH) and pool these 2 extractions together. Basify to 11 or 12 with a SOLUTION of NaOH (I'd use like 10N or something) and then extract with ether. Evap the ether and recrystalize in 100% alcohol.

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

Edited by micro (12/19/04 01:04 AM)

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3519959 - 12/19/04 10:07 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomFriend said:
Accept them as they come to us, eat them as they are! :thumbup:

Is it really necessary to keep posting this crap in this thread? Obviously, the people in this thread are interested in an extraction. Obviously its easier/better to just eat the mushrooms, but people want to see if they can do it and you don't need to keep posting like this.

--------------------

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

#3520006 - 12/19/04 10:22 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Is it really necessary to talk crap like you do now? No it is not!

YOu are the one throwing shit now, I only say "come on guys just eat them and take them as they come! "

How come you get so frustrated bout that!? You dont need to get personal when I only ventilate my opinion and not in the way that I deserve your shit.

Hmmz keep your bad vibes / negativity to yourself in the future. To avoid more crap/shit of you I put you on ignore now. So we prevent unhealthy discussions. Keep it pure dude.

have fun.

MF

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains