Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineamyloid
Stranger
extraction?
    #2221767 - 01/06/04 12:04 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

ive been seeing alot of suggestions to eat mushy powder instead of trying to extract. but there is some sort of mystical appeal to obtaining something more potent. the endless struggle with perfection...so answer these if u can:

are there any good(read: clean, high yeilding) extraction methods about? preferably ones that arnt terribly complex, or require extensive chemical know-how?

is there anyway to extract some of what i dont want in the mush. powder while not harming what i do want?

anyone know the chems in the fruit body besides psilocin/ybin(list if u can!)?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTeon
Chemist/Self-AppointedFAQ Facist
Male

Loc: Here
Re: extraction? [Re: amyloid]
    #2221790 - 01/06/04 12:18 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

are there any good(read: clean, high yeilding) extraction methods about? preferably ones that arnt terribly complex, or require extensive chemical know-how?

There is a relatively "good" extraction for almost every organic compound. The last step of most every synthesis is an extraction.

If you lack a functional chemistry education, and have little or no lab experience I would suggest a lot of reading before you get too far ahead of yourself. Organic solvents are not fun, and even if you spare yourself any physical damage, you may end up just wasting a lot of the product you're looking for.

But to answer your question more directly, yes, methanol (as well as a laundry list of other solvents) can be used to recover psilocybin from fungal mass with good yield.

Quote:

anyone know the chems in the fruit body besides psilocin/ybin(list if u can!)?

That would be one hell of a long list.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, have ever been, or will at any future time will be participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any legal statue; be it local, state, or federal law. All posts are works of fiction, and are intended for entertainment purposes only.

Don't just assume anything I or anyone else says is true. Test it for yourself. See if it's true.
Generate more useful information. The world is running desperately low on it.

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
    #2222450 - 01/06/04 09:17 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

UTFSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's like 1 post a week about this -- it's getting rather annoying :frown:

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

OfflineTeon
Chemist/Self-AppointedFAQ Facist
Male

Loc: Here
Re: extraction? [Re: micro]
    #2222972 - 01/06/04 01:48 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I knew there was something I forgot to say.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, have ever been, or will at any future time will be participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any legal statue; be it local, state, or federal law. All posts are works of fiction, and are intended for entertainment purposes only.

Don't just assume anything I or anyone else says is true. Test it for yourself. See if it's true.
Generate more useful information. The world is running desperately low on it.

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: extraction? [Re: micro]
    #2224015 - 01/06/04 08:49 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i feel the information i requested wasnt provided adequetly within the posts in relation to a similar topic as mine. but hey if u can find a list of the chem contents of mushies in a post on here please share, i cant seem to find it.

i appologize for annoying you. but i couldnt find any post that answered my questions to the extent i requested. also i think suggesting that people shouldnt ask questions that have been answered is pretty counter productive to science. i find asking questions that have been answered before can result in new ideas that are extremely valuable and might not have been brought to light without asking questions, no matter their repetition prior.

thank god they didnt have message boards in the time of gallieo or we may be still screaming "UTFSE" when people asked for information on the movement of the earth.

and i was expecting something a little more in depth from the advanced forum.

sorry again, i know of answers to my questions, but i was praying there might be something new someone was working on. i guess everyone is living by the old info hiding in old posts.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Offlineragadinks
MrBeatle
 User Gallery

#2224155 - 01/06/04 09:49 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Here is a good link  :wink:

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: extraction? [Re: ragadinks]
    #2224493 - 01/07/04 12:28 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

absolutely beautiful.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #2224530 - 01/07/04 12:43 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

all the chemicals below are found in magic mushrooms in varying levels...

5-Benzyloxy-3-indole acetic acid
N,N-Dimethyltryptamine hydrogen-oxalate
Gramine
3-Hydroxyethyl indole
5-Hydroxy-3-indole acetic acid
5-Hydroxyindole
3-Hydroxymethylindole
5-Hydroxytryptamine creatine sulfate
5-Hydroxytryptophane
Indole
3-Indoleacetamide
3-Indole acetic acid
3-Indoleacetic acid ethyl ester
3-Indoleacetonitrile
3-Indolealdehyde
3-Indoleacetaldehyde
3-Indolecarboxylic acid
3-Indolelactic acid
gamma-(Indole)-N-butyric acid
beta-Indole-3-acrylic acid
beta-(Indole-3)-propionic acid
Indoxylacetate
Indoxylbutyrae
Isatin
5-Methoxy-2-carboxyindole
5-Methoxydimethyltryptamine monooxalate
5-Methoxyindole
2-Methylindole
3-Methylindole
5-Methylindole
5-Methyltryptophane
N-Methyltryptophane
Tryptamine hydrochloride
L-Tryptophane

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #2224573 - 01/07/04 12:58 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

very interesting link from that thread http://www.cognitiveliberty.org/shulgin/adsarchive/extraction.htm

it is Dr. Alex Shulgin (author of tihkal/pihkal) responding to a question, some notable quotes are:

"This alkaloid [psilocybin] is reasonably soluble in boiling water from which it can be nicely crystallized. It is less soluble in boiling methanol, and almost insoluble in boiling ethanol. And the extraction efficiency is optimum with methanol and almost as good with ethanol. With both, the less water present, the better."

but heres the real kicker:

"But the numbers with psilocin are strange. With aqueous ethanol, the optimum extraction was with a 70% ethanol concentration, and the extraction efficiency dropped almost to zero when there was no water present. But methanol was extremely inefficient regardless of the amount of water present in it."

this is the type of information i was searching for!

with the above in mind would a simple double extraction be the most efficient to gain the most psilo's? or would doing both fuck something up?

and from that link ragadinks provided, it seems both micro and anno where involved in that discussion. now im understanding micro's agrevation with my proding. sorry again! but this is all so exciting to me

--------------------
-Al Einstein

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
    #2225246 - 01/07/04 09:07 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Shulgin was wrong -- the reason those figures were obtained is because of enzymatic degredation of the product in an aqueous/alcohol solution. He really only started with psilocybin, but ended up breaking it down to psilocin somehow during the extraction process.

Anhydrous alcohol works great -- methanol if you can get it.

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology