Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
You lazy fuck, you
    #3317394 - 11/03/04 09:42 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I was just outside my office and I watched as a girl, who cleans the offices in this 3-story building, was emptying trash. Watching her reminded me of my days of house cleaning. I cleaned houses, 1-3 houses per day, for 13 years. It was fuckin' hard work. I did that while I went to school to be a lawyer.

There are other people who don't do anything to attain their goals that they once had a glimpse of, when they were younger. "It's too hard, it will take too long, I won't make any money while I'm tryin to get there."

What is the difference between people who are so motivated to attain their goals (me!) that she would clean houses for 13 years while goint to college (with 3 to 5 kids, no less), and people who will sit on the couch after working their minimum wage job saying, "It's just too fucking hard"?

I propose it's because of the laziness of human nature. If it's hard, don't do it. It's easier to sit on the couch.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

Re: You lazy fuck, you [Re: Frog]
    #3317523 - 11/03/04 10:05 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I hate you  :smirk:  ...sorry, the truth hurts.

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

OfflineBleaK
paradox
    #3317631 - 11/03/04 10:28 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"lazy" people just realize they have what they need and neednt work more.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: You lazy fuck, you [Re: Viaggio]
    #3317814 - 11/03/04 11:06 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

viaggio said:
I hate you  :smirk:  ...sorry, the truth hurts.

Ouch.  I care.  No, really, I do.  :smirk:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: You lazy fuck, you [Re: BleaK]
    #3317825 - 11/03/04 11:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BleaK said:
"lazy" people just realize they have what they need and neednt work more.

Well, of course!

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #3317860 - 11/03/04 11:16 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Shortsightedness is not just an optical term

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #3318175 - 11/04/04 12:31 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

looks like you waded through some hard times to get where you are.. Gives me inspiration to keep trying harder, to obtain my goals..

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
    #3318718 - 11/04/04 06:33 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I cleaned houses, 1-3 houses per day, for 13 years. It was fuckin' hard work. I did that while I went to school to be a lawyer.

and 3 to 5 kids on top!

13 years to become a lawyer - that's a long stint at 'school'! What's that? 4 yrs at uni & 3 at law school to actually become a lawyer, and 6 years at school/college getting your grades to go to to uni before that?

How old were you at the start of all this? 12?

Or did you as an adult pull yourself off the sofa and start all over one fine day?

Did you always want to be a lawyer?

And now the backslapping commences - Aren't you the greatest!

And you'll be able to say to those 3-5 kids: 'look what I achieved with hard work!' what a role model.

In all seriousnes though - well done :handth:

I guess it depends how much one really wants something, the opportunities one has (or manages to take), the perameters of one's life and how restrictive they are, the spirit and dedication one holds for a cause, the realitive accessibility of the goal (ie - is one actually capable of achieving it? How many people dream of being something only to find out that they do not have the necessary attribute to actually achieve that).

Just calling people 'lazy fucks' who are somehow internally or externally blocked from achieving their goals seems a little narrow, uncompassionate and self-righteous. Some of those people will be trying very very hard and getting nowhere. Some will be struggling just to stay sane, let alone become the person of their dreams. Perhaps some of them have 13 years to go and a spark of inspiration that needs lighting.

Do you know a lot of people on minimum wage with practically achievable and definite goals who sit on the sofa saying it's 'too fucking hard'? 

During your 13 years in work of an equivalent level did you ever sit back on the sofa at the end of one of those days and think 'it's too fucking hard'?

I expect you must have sometimes, but then you found yourself not giving up despite the pain of struggle. Perhaps the people you speak of feel trapped in that emotional space on the sofa and search for drive within themselves.

Never say die!

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
    #3318777 - 11/04/04 07:26 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

What is the difference between people who are so motivated to attain their goals, and people who will sit on the couch after working their minimum wage job saying, "It's just too fucking hard"?

I know the kind of people you are talking about. One of them help me get my Mercedes. :wink:

The story goes like this.

The CEO of a company has 3 Mercedes, One he is looking to donate or sell. One of the VP's asks him what he wants for it and the CEO replies "Make me an offer!" The VP responds "Let me get back to you on this, I need to see how much money I have in the bank and how much I can spend."
7 days later the CEO asks the VP if he is ever going to make an offer. The VP responds "Yes, I just need a few more days." The CEO turns to look at me and asks if I would like to buy a Mercedes 450slc sports car. I respond "Sure, I would love to." He then says "Make me an offer!" I respond $150. The CEO Smiles and says "Hand me the cash and you can drive it home tonight."

It all boils down to risks. Some people take them, others avoid them.

My risk was that I knew nothing about the car before I made an offer. I just adjusted the offer to offset the risk and guarantee an ROI (Return On Investment)

Your risk was going to and paying for school to be a lawyer. You took the risk and it paid off.

The truth is that most people in this country know only what they have in front of them and never look to the future. They avoid risks and are happy to stay sure footed on solid ground.

Heck, Most people in this country are not even aware that they are in the US Militia as per USC TITLE 10, Subtitle A, Part I, Chapter 13 ? 311

All in all there is no gain with out risk.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: You lazy fuck, you [Re: CJay]
    #3318909 - 11/04/04 08:26 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CJay said:
Quote:

I cleaned houses, 1-3 houses per day, for 13 years. It was fuckin' hard work. I did that while I went to school to be a lawyer.

and 3 to 5 kids on top!

13 years to become a lawyer - that's a long stint at 'school'! What's that? 4 yrs at uni & 3 at law school to actually become a lawyer, and 6 years at school/college getting your grades to go to to uni before that?

Well, let's see.  Before I went to law school, and after the 4.5 years it took to get my B.A., I did almost 2 years in a paralegal program.  Law school took 5 years because I had 2 of those kids during law school.

Quote:

How old were you at the start of all this? 12?

Nope.  I was 26.

Quote:

Or did you as an adult pull yourself off the sofa and start all over one fine day?

Actually, I had just gotten fired from a job because I had gotten drunk while I was working a shift.  :grin:  I decided I was sick of being a waitress.  Before I dropped out of high school, I had once thought I would like to be a lawyer.  So when I was fired from that job, I decided to fuck it and go to school.

Quote:

And now the backslapping commences - Aren't you the greatest!

*curtsies*  thankyouverymuch  :grin:

Quote:

And you'll be able to say to those 3-5 kids: 'look what I achieved with hard work!' what a role model.

Actually, none of my kids want to follow in my footsteps because they saw how hard it was and they are too lazy to do that. 

Quote:

I guess it depends how much one really wants something, the opportunities one has (or manages to take), the perameters of one's life and how restrictive they are, the spirit and dedication one holds for a cause, the realitive accessibility of the goal (ie - is one actually capable of achieving it? How many people dream of being something only to find out that they do not have the necessary attribute to actually achieve that).

I don't believe in looking for limitations.  I believe in looking for possibilities and opportunities.  I was once a high school drop-out blacking out from drinking almost nightly and a single mother on welfare.  I think if one tries just a little bit, one can get out of a bad or bleak situation and do something.

Quote:

Just calling people 'lazy fucks' who are somehow internally or externally blocked from achieving their goals seems a little narrow, uncompassionate and self-righteous.

There was this guy in our office recently who was a lazy fuck.  He wanted a lot of money, but he didn't want to work for it.  He was smart.  He could have gone to school himself to be a lawyer, but he told me it would take too long.  In the meantime, he's fucking with people.

What do you think is his internal or external limitation?  And how am I being narrow, uncompassionate and self-righteous?

Quote:

Some of those people will be trying very very hard and getting nowhere. Some will be struggling just to stay sane, let alone become the person of their dreams. Perhaps some of them have 13 years to go and a spark of inspiration that needs lighting.

I realize that there are people who are stuck in the reality of their minds, and they can get lost, and that it's not because they aren't trying.  Some people just don't know how to try.  But you take that person and say, Hey, go get some counseling, get yourself figured out and then you can probably figure out what you want to do with your life.  They say, no, it's too hard, I don't want to get counseling, etc., etc.

Quote:

Do you know a lot of people on minimum wage with practically achievable and definite goals who sit on the sofa saying it's 'too fucking hard'? 

Actually, yes.

Quote:

During your 13 years in work of an equivalent level did you ever sit back on the sofa at the end of one of those days and think 'it's too fucking hard'?

Yes, but I was already in debt with student loans and if I quit school, I would have had to start paying my student loans back and I wouldn't have had the income of a lawyer. 

I would recommend taking out a student loan to keep one motivated. :grin:

Quote:

I expect you must have sometimes, but then you found yourself not giving up despite the pain of struggle. Perhaps the people you speak of feel trapped in that emotional space on the sofa and search for drive within themselves.

I agree with you.  If I hadn't gotten some counseling, I would probably be stuck on a sofa, saying life is rough and unfair and all that.  I guess I look at what I've been through and don't have too much empathy or sympathy for intelligent people who don't get counseling and move on with their lives. 

Wait, let me check my back pocket.  Nope, no empathy there, either.

See, on the one hand, I have empathy for people who are stuck, because I was once stuck, but I guess I have no empathy because they could get unstuck, but they refuse. 

Oh, and before you truly condemn me, keep in mind I charge very low fees to poor people.  These are the people who deserve empathy.  The people who are poor but struggle and work very hard and don't see how they could go to school and get ahead. They are so stuck in working two jobs in order to survive and maybe put their kids in college some day so that those kids will have better lives.  I would never condemn them.

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3318932 - 11/04/04 08:34 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

how could you be lazy? you can not do another thing than what you are doing? one at the time kind sir? :P thank you drive through?

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: You lazy fuck, you [Re: Cyber]
    #3318974 - 11/04/04 08:47 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Cyber said:
Quote:

What is the difference between people who are so motivated to attain their goals, and people who will sit on the couch after working their minimum wage job saying, "It's just too fucking hard"?

I know the kind of people you are talking about. One of them help me get my Mercedes. :wink:

Okay, after several reads, I get it now.  :grin:  The guy who was slow in coming up with an offer helped you get the Mercedes. 

Great story. 

Quote:

It all boils down to risks. Some people take them, others avoid them.

That's a good point.  It isn't just laziness, it can also be fear of taking a risk.  I think also some people have fear of failure. 

Quote:

The truth is that most people in this country know only what they have in front of them and never look to the future. They avoid risks and are happy to stay sure footed on solid ground.

Yes, true.  I know a lawyer who took the Bar at the same time I did.  He would love to be in his own practice, but he wants the security of a paycheck.  I've slept on my office floor rather than have to work for someone. 

Quote:

Heck, Most people in this country are not even aware that they are in the US Militia as per USC TITLE 10, Subtitle A, Part I, Chapter 13 ? 311

Um, I'm feeling a little lazy today, myself.  :grin:  What's that???

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: You lazy fuck, you [Re: Gomp]
    #3318981 - 11/04/04 08:48 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Gomp, all apologies and everything, but what the heck are you talking about???  :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3319040 - 11/04/04 09:14 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I as part of my daily doings motivate people. That is how I make my cash owning a large Manufacturing plant. And during my building of this place. I am required to get the most from people. I am so good at it, now I only have to be around the shop a few hours every week.

People are a product of their inviroment as kids. But we all ready know that, Duh! Yeah I know.............It's more than that.

When I see someone working for me and only putting forth a megar effort but, not bad enough to get fired. I ask them one question. Hey why do you work here? It's the long term goals in a persons heart that drives them. Most people at a very young age have a plan, er... a dream as to what they want to do or be. Anyway after I get them talking I find out their real wants and needs are.

My number one office girl was hired in as a press operator. She was slacking big time on her job. She is a great employee and I felt it was time to find out what the hell was going wrong. It turns out she had dropped out of school because of her new baby and other shit.That's how she ended up in a factory working nights. OK so what were you going to school for? Business managment she replies. HUm........

It turns out I was looking for a new phone girl on days. Now2 years later she is handling all my books and makes in excess of 35 grand a year. She is now planning her own business and is leaving me in Jan. 2005. :sad:

Well the point of all this is simple. People all are very much able to become so much more than they are. As kids we can see anything as being real. Then as we grow into punks we start to believe that we suck. TV tells us this. It nothing more than a lie we believe. We to fat, were to lazy, were to ugly and only rich people count etc. etc. blah blah........

The difference between people who strive and peole who do not, is a big fat LIE that they believe. Anyone can over come this. ANYONE. I could give you 20 examples.

Every person in the world really does have motivation if you,they can find it. But, it does not help to call them Fat Lazy Fucks :lol:

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
    #3319059 - 11/04/04 09:20 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Okay, after several reads, I get it now.  The guy who was slow in coming up with an offer helped you get the Mercedes.

Great story.

Thanks, Just remember "Carpe Diem"

Quote:

Um, I'm feeling a little lazy today, myself.  What's that???

? 311. Militia: composition and classes

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are?
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

What area of law do you practice?

I have no law background, but I have a photographic memory and have read the USC, The Local Penal Code, Blackmans Law Dictionary, and have access to Westlaw, And I did stay at a holiday inn!  :grin:

Edited by Cyber (11/04/04 09:23 AM)

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3319071 - 11/04/04 09:24 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

lazy is another definition of being. so to be lazy is like putting butter on fat? :confused: :thumbup:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (11/04/04 09:25 AM)

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: You lazy fuck, you [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3319205 - 11/04/04 09:55 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

First, Fucknuckle, good for you that you do what you do with people.  Very commendable that you don't just make money off the sweat of their labor, but you try to motivate them and you can see their potential.

Quote:

Fucknuckle said:
Well the point of all this is simple. People all are very much able to become so much more than they are. As kids we can see anything as being real. Then as we grow into punks we start to believe that we suck. TV tells us this. It nothing more than a lie we believe. We to fat, were to lazy, were to ugly and only rich people count etc. etc. blah blah........

The difference between people who strive and peole who do not, is a big fat LIE that they believe. Anyone can over come this. ANYONE. I could give you 20 examples.

Every person in the world really does have motivation if you,they can find it. But, it does not help to call them Fat Lazy Fucks :lol:

Well, I was mainly joking when I called them lazy fucks.  That's why I put the grinning emoticon next to the title of the thread.

But I believe there are definitely other factors to be considered, as have been raised by other posters on this thread.  People being stuck, afraid of risks, and now the points you are raising. 

I just don't know if T.V. has anything to do with why people don't go out and try to achieve things.

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3319257 - 11/04/04 10:08 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

We all know people who sit on their asses watching TV all day long. Why go out and work hard to go to buy a trip to Guam when we can visit on TV? over simplfied but you get the point.TV is the biggest programmer of Humans in the entire history of humanity. Kids are programmed 6 hours every day. Not much different than Hitler. Had Hitler had TV he would have infected the entire European continent.

Anyway I really believe that all peoples are in fact not lazy. But are a product of the enviroment. And in todays world thats TV until your 16 then the programming slows down but the damage has been done.

Don't get me wrong Frog I don't hold TV 100% accountable. But I was just giving one point. More an example of how silly, we has humans, are really.

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#3320003 - 11/04/04 01:34 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Cyber said:
Just remember "Carpe Diem"

Yes.  That's the motto of my son's school.  There's so much to seize!!!

Quote:

What area of law do you practice?

Thanks for citing the law.  Is it saying that all males 17 and older are part of the militia?  Without having enlisted?  Pretty funny.

Quote:

I have no law background, but I have a photographic memory and have read the USC, The Local Penal Code, Blackmans Law Dictionary, and have access to Westlaw, And I did stay at a holiday inn!  :grin:

A little light bed-time reading?  :grin:

What does the holiday inn have to do with law???

Having a photographic memory is very helpful.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3320140 - 11/04/04 02:01 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

What do you do once you "sieze the carp"? Roll it in flour and fry it in oil?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order