Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Life is Fucking Great! [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2049855 - 10/28/03 05:58 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Suffering IS all in your head. Suffering is a negative feeling caused by a certain experience or situation.

As I said try my little experiment and come back to me on that one! Go and let a car run over your arm and come back to me on that one!

Suffering is not all in your head, the way you deal with suffering is all in your head but just because you can be unattached to suffering and minimise its impact on you does not mean you wont ever suffer. I also dont think that a positve outlook will ensure you have a life that is fucking great all the way through, it just means you are less likely to let the lowpoints get you down. Which when all is said and done is a sentiment, that although true, is so obvious that its best left to people like Oprah to discuss!!

Peace

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Life is Fucking Great! [Re: GazzBut]
    #2049870 - 10/28/03 06:11 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

GazzBut said:
As I said try my little experiment and come back to me on that one! Go and let a car run over your arm and come back to me on that one!

Suffering is not all in your head, the way you deal with suffering is all in your head but just because you can be unattached to suffering and minimise its impact on you does not mean you wont ever suffer. I also dont think that a positve outlook will ensure you have a life that is fucking great all the way through, it just means you are less likely to let the lowpoints get you down. Which when all is said and done is a sentiment, that although true, is so obvious that its best left to people like Oprah to discuss!!

What you are saying makes sense. I wasn't saying (unless I did, hehe, I was typing quick as I was short on time) that there aren't going to be low points. And, I mean, when phsyical pain is involved, like getting run over by a car, it would take a guru who could shut down all feelings of pain to not suffer.

And I could definitely eat nothing but rice for two weeks. Bland rice even. I wouldn't prefer to, but if I had to, I would make the best of it.. :grin:

A positive outlook is basically essential to enjoy one's life even 50% of the time. There will still be times that get you down or make you question things, but when you are normally happy and optimistic, the time spent dealing with the negative stuff will be as short as possible.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2049878 - 10/28/03 06:16 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Life is 90% what happens to you, 10% how you deal with it
:wink:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #2049884 - 10/28/03 06:23 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I'm sorry, but the attitude you take towards life creates the experience of life that you receive.

It was just this sounded like you only have to think life is great to have a great life. Which is something I dont agree with but maybe you didnt mean that!

Quote:

Life is fucking great. If you think it isn't, then you are fucking missing out. 

Once again some peoples lifes are fucking great, yours obviously is so congratulations! But some peoples lifes are simply not what is commonly understood as being great. Which is not to say that they dont face it with the most positive attitude they can, but if I had understood your first point as I dexcribed above then it would imply that people who are having negative life experiences have brought them upon themselves through their inability to think positively. That kind of mushy new age mumbo jumbo makes me sick to my stomach! (But only briefly until I frame it in a positive light and move on!!  :grin:)

As for the rice thing if you spent two weeks existing on half a bowl of rice a day you might find that the positive thinking mechanism soon gets over run by the screaming signals your stomach and other organs would be sending to your brain. Im not saying that these things cant be dealt with through positive thinking but its definitely alot harder than being positive enough to get off the sofa when you are feeling a little down. Which at the end of the day, is going to happen anyway of its own accord unless you are in the midst of a very deep depression of course.

Peace 

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2050198 - 10/28/03 10:42 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

gee what a positive thread!

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2050358 - 10/28/03 11:41 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

GazzBut said:
It was just this sounded like you only have to think life is great to have a great life. Which is something I dont agree with but maybe you didnt mean that!

Well, technically, if you believed that your life was great, it would be great. If you honestly believed that digging holes all day with no pay, just because it was fun, makes up a great life, then your life is fucking great.

Anyways, I am not saying that you think positively and your life magically becomes great. One goes out and makes their life correspond with their idea of what they want their life to be about. And if someone is constantly thinking that their life sucks, and they hold this fucked up self image and all these doubts, it is going to fucking suck and they won't have the drive to get out there and do something to change their life.

Thinking positively doesn't bring about change in one's life. It gives someone the determination to make the best of what they have, and to get out there and live their life the way they want to. If someone never realizes this, then that is there loss. I just know that I can't go through life not willing to make necessary changes and unable to enjoy what I have.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang: