Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
wake the FUCK up!
    #2012494 - 10/15/03 09:12 PM (18 years, 9 days ago)

get the fuck out, its a cage, its a trap, get out! im serious?? do i sound like im joking?
you can see your walls, i dont care what any of you think of me, im way fucking passed that, i just hope you get this, ive tried to send it several times already but for some wonderful fucking reason the computer errs.
this time it should work, if not you arent reading this, but i think im ahead of it this time.

youre in a cage, youve already seen it, its clear as day, get out.
you think youre paying bills to some place??? you think youre going somewhere? youre getting sick, your computer is telling you to buy druggs!!!! its not even being subtle about it anymore, you start up and a pop-up comes up "buy drugs now!!!!" flashing, painkillers, muscelrelaxers, all that shit! youre addicted to a false culture, working for a reason you dont even see! whats wrong with you! wake up!

have a rash? evrybody fucking has it! look it up, youll find a million websites telling you it will go away in a few days, they all say exactly the same thing.

go to e-bay. look for the most expensive real estate there is, evry add starts with the word "nice" they all say how much better life is than wherever you are now no matter how good you think it is, and they remind you of all that shit were supposed to fear,

YOU WILL NEVER BE FREE WITH THESE DREAMS CONTROLLING YOU! that is what they are! that is what they are designed for. you know it, i know it, i dont care if you think im kicking a dead horse, ive had enough of it. i feel insulted by all this bullshit! its gotten to the point of being embarrasing that they expect me to swallow it!
and you can all swallow forever if you want, youre doing it right now, you see your cage, and even if the walls were shining red chains dripping with blood you would all turn your eyes away, you would all let it continue. you would listen

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlineshroomidel
Pizza... TO THEMAX!

Loc: Underneath the blankets.....
Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: Mitchnast]
    #2012658 - 10/15/03 09:50 PM (18 years, 9 days ago)

If this truely is a cage, then let us all think outside of it. But then again, we really dont know what the cage is. Even if we think outside of it, we are still inside of it. I think that sometimes we have to accept that we are controlled, and that possibly there is an afterlife to reside in. For now, let's all make the best of our lives being controlled by others.

-Peace, if there truely is.

--------------------
Mario Sunshine kicks ass.
Shinobi kicks ass.

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#2012668 - 10/15/03 09:52 PM (18 years, 9 days ago)

Well said, my friend. Our culture is a trap, a cage, a self perpetuating machine that uses life as it's moving parts. It doesn't serve life, life serves it. It makes our existance meaningless, it makes us producers. We need to refuse to be products and producers and start living! Create beauty, demand an end to exploitation and repression, your own and that of others!

We all need to wake up and live lives that fulfill, rather than allowing ourselves to be asleep, turned off, tools.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #2012721 - 10/15/03 10:07 PM (18 years, 9 days ago)

How far does the rabbit hole go?

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Anonymous

Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #2012723 - 10/15/03 10:07 PM (18 years, 9 days ago)

where to go?

OfflineIamHungry
Stranger
Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: ]
    #2012755 - 10/15/03 10:22 PM (18 years, 9 days ago)

jeeze. has it ever occured to you that some people are happy living with these dreams? for most people in the western hemisphere, these dreams give them fullfillment, it gives them a purpose to live, and when they achieve it, it gives them closure. unless G-d himself told you to get people out of their cages, i dont appreciate your attack on the way of life i know so well.

--------------------
Here comes the sun, do n do do,
Here comes the sun, and I say,
It's alright...

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: IamHungry]
    #2012871 - 10/15/03 11:11 PM (18 years, 9 days ago)

The problem is that your "way of life" is contributing to the destruction of you, the people around you, and the Earth itself.

No one is trying to blame you though. It is not your fault. You were given no choice with how you are to live.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

Offlinesantashroom
"PsilocybinSyrup"

Loc: in a field near you
Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: trendal]
    #2012906 - 10/15/03 11:26 PM (18 years, 9 days ago)

He did tell me and now my eyes are open!

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
    #2012918 - 10/15/03 11:29 PM (18 years, 9 days ago)

Im looking around this cage, im seeing my friends an ounce of weed and the oportunity to get some pussy. I LIKE THIS FUCKIN CAGE! I really dont care what the hell it's destroying. Im comftorble in this cage and while i'll admit theres alot of things wrong and stuff that i would like to change, i dont want to brake free from it because i would lose all the cool things i have here. Hmm..Let me see? isolate myself and try to figure out a way to brake out of the matrix, feeling the meaningless truth haunting my conciousness everynight, draging me back to the void. Ooorr i can ignore people like you, smoke a blunt, play some videogames, make some wonderful music with my friends while my vibes on the beats, and fuck some decent looking girls at night and thank whoever put me on this cage.... Hmmm, not a tough choice at all. But oh well life isnt the same for all of us i guess. Sometimes i wish there was a God to show humanity to shut the fuck up and enjoy the fucking ride. But oh well.............. PeACE!! :lol:

--------------------

Offlinelateralus
Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: Spokesman]
    #2012950 - 10/15/03 11:38 PM (18 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

Spokesman said:
I LIKE THIS FUCKIN CAGE! I really dont care what the hell it's destroying. Im comftorble in this cage... But oh well life isnt the same for all of us i guess. Sometimes i wish there was a God to show humanity to shut the fuck up and enjoy the fucking ride. But oh well.............. PeACE!! :lol: 

^Therein lies the dilemma. Most people actually "like" the cage they live in. Hey, just roll with it, doesn't matter if its destroying me or your loved ones or our childrens future, eh? 

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #2012964 - 10/15/03 11:43 PM (18 years, 9 days ago)

so, r your saying that society = cage

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #2013038 - 10/16/03 12:09 AM (18 years, 9 days ago)

cool, a truely angry post! =D

FH

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: CleverName]
    #2013066 - 10/16/03 12:18 AM (18 years, 9 days ago)

"so, r your saying that society = cage"

i think thats what hes saying....

Anonymous

Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2013100 - 10/16/03 12:31 AM (18 years, 9 days ago)

if you want to escape...walk into woods untill you will have no way of ever coming out. live there...in something that you built...live off the land. become an animal again. break yourself back down to the hunter gatherer level. Otherwise, your just complaining. For now, i will complain, i realize how weak i am. I see the cage around me, and i build strength day by day to leave it. I have grown to love to many things within it. If you really cant leave it all behind at least dont let it drag you down. You ranting sounds as though the weight of the civilized world is on your shoulders...i recommend you stop watching/reading the news. youd be suprised how much that helps. that and letting yourself be happy. if you hate your job...get one that you love. if you dont like to work, find a way to get payed to play. its all possible. if you can imagine it, it can be happen. there are only three things you really need to remember. Be a good person (to yourself, and to those in direct contact with you), kill greed, and induce enlightenment. A student told me that once...now i finally see that he was a teacher.

~J-Slice~

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#2013148 - 10/16/03 12:43 AM (18 years, 9 days ago)

i recommend you stop watching/reading the news.

Funny. My doctor told me the same thing  :smirk:
Problems with anxiety...

You're right. There's nowhere to go right now except back to nature. I can't accept that. I don't believe that technological advancement is a bad thing.

So I don't want to do that. My other options are to live here passively, or try and do soemthing about it.

I tried listening to my doc, and giving up on the world. Yeah, it was easier. Yes, I had a lot less stress. But it didn't feel right. Something pulls me back. I don't know why, but I have to help.

There's something I'm waiting for. I'm not sure when it will happen. Until then I'm content to work on the people directly around me. The changes I've encouraged already amaze me  :smile:

I know it's easy to fall in to order. Blissful ignorance. But I would appreciate it if everyone who can see the cage at least tries to get the message out. I'm not asking for anything big. Don't make a spectacle of yourself. Don't draw attention. Don't be a weirdo  :wink:

But you can have an effect on those around you. Take your time. We have time.

All my close friends have woken up. It's taken me years in some. But the more friends I had with me, the more help is around.

Spread the news  :heart: 

--------------------

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #2013173 - 10/16/03 12:49 AM (18 years, 9 days ago)

"I know it's easy to fall in to order. Blissful ignorance. But I would appreciate it if everyone who can see the cage at least tries to get the message out. I'm not asking for anything big. Don't make a spectacle of yourself. Don't draw attention. Don't be a weirdo

All my close friends have woken up. It's taken me years in some. But the more friends I had with me, the more help is around.

Spread the news "

such a great message and goal in life, but reality is, most people dont care about saving the world, promoting peace, helping someone, and the sad truth is, they never will.

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2013233 - 10/16/03 01:06 AM (18 years, 9 days ago)

The problem with just walking into a forest until you've walked so far there's no way out is that even if you've freed yourself and abandoned a culture that's made you a cog in a machine of self destruction, you've done nothing to stop the machine, or slow it's death march. Nothing to stop the destruction. Sooner or later that machine is gonna come to your lovely free little forest to cut down the trees, poison the water and turn you and your kin into workers again. We can't just drop out, we've gotta take whatever path we can that will bring the death machine with us.

As for not watching the news, I stopped watching television almost entirely at the beginning of summer and chose instead to read books and magazines of my selection, learn to paint, draw and go for walks. It certainly helped with my anxiety, and it made me *more* aware, as strange as that may sound. It made me more capable of taking in the world directly around me, and understanding information and ideas that are actually valuable. Mainstream news is a disaster, a bad joke. It does little to inform, much to stifle.

To anyone that doesn't care what this cage, this death machine, is destroying... do you care that it's destroying you? Maybe when you come to love something other than your ego you'll understand why it's not so easy for some of us to shut down and be hedonists. Do the universe a favour, walk through a clearcut, or spend a week on the street. Maybe then you'll get it.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: lateralus]
    #2013239 - 10/16/03 01:08 AM (18 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

lateralus said:
^Therein lies the dilemma. Most people actually "like" the cage they live in. Hey, just roll with it, doesn't matter if its destroying me or your loved ones or our childrens future, eh?

lol, Jesus open up a window and let some of this pessamism out, its stinking up the room!. Destroying???? I see them happy. They also know they're living in this cage. Appretiate what you got in the cage dont look at the fucking bars. There is nothing out there that me, my family or my children need. Give me proof that its "destroying" anything.

--------------------

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

#2013265 - 10/16/03 01:15 AM (18 years, 9 days ago)

Dont get me wrong im all for humanity uniting and promoting peace and persuing happiness. But dont live your life regreting where you were born and waste it trying to wipe out a system that is just part of human nature. We have to orginize, clean up and make this cage beutiful and peaceful for our children not escape it go insane and just leave the mess. Escaping the system has been done, it doesent better the world at all it just betters the individual and gives him peace of mind, but if was just able to find peace of mind in the cage and i am well aware of where i wam dont yell at me to wake the fuck up.

Am i the only one getting laid in this thread jeez!!

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#2013277 - 10/16/03 01:21 AM (18 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

Spokesman said:
Im looking around this cage, im seeing my friends an ounce of weed and the oportunity to get some pussy. I LIKE THIS FUCKIN CAGE! I really dont care what the hell it's destroying. Im comftorble in this cage and while i'll admit theres alot of things wrong and stuff that i would like to change, i dont want to brake free from it because i would lose all the cool things i have here. Hmm..Let me see? isolate myself and try to figure out a way to brake out of the matrix, feeling the meaningless truth haunting my conciousness everynight, draging me back to the void. Ooorr i can ignore people like you, smoke a blunt, play some videogames, make some wonderful music with my friends while my vibes on the beats, and fuck some decent looking girls at night and thank whoever put me on this cage.... Hmmm, not a tough choice at all. But oh well life isnt the same for all of us i guess. Sometimes i wish there was a God to show humanity to shut the fuck up and enjoy the fucking ride. But oh well.............. PeACE!! :lol: 

Is your temporary pleasure worth the trauma and suffering of thousands of others (humans or otherwise)?

Next time you eat, consider how many deaths occured so you could take that bite for granted, the plants or animals in the food itself, the pollution caused by the 2600 miles it travelled to get to your plate, the labour of hundreds of people from production all the way through to consumption....

Next time you drive your car think about how we're all choking ourselves to death so you can get to the movie theatre 10 minutes faster than the bus will take you.

Or how about the next time you throw away a scrap of paper, consider that millions of hectares of ancient growth forests were decimated, only to be sent right to the pulp mill for paper production. And then think of all the beings that go extinct because they no longer have any habitat. It's 20 species a day (plants/animals) in case you're wondering.

If after you appreciate how much others have sacraficed for you you still want to smile, smoke your joint and get laid, go for it buddy. You'll get yours, karma is a bitch.

There's plenty of time to enjoy all of those things and still care about the Earth. If you think that those of us who refuse apathy are lost in a void of depression and anxiety than you're wrong. It's a stage that one must face every now and again, but one can be happy and passionate and enjoy living without being ignorant, arrogant and blind. 

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

#2013290 - 10/16/03 01:26 AM (18 years, 9 days ago)

No i WILL NOT think about that, you know, because if i do i might as well get my fucking gun and blow my brains out. Like i said we can better the system to make it work for us, we cant destroy it, its human nature, our children will just build it back up. Lets fight to make it a better cage for us and the future dont waste your fucking life thinking about all the wrong on the world that is not affecting you at the time. You are typing on a computer so im assuming you can afford some food to eat. Help those that the system is destroying dont waste time trying to destroy the system because that just means those people will continue to suffer.

--------------------

Edited by Spokesman (10/16/03 01:28 AM)

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#2013291 - 10/16/03 01:26 AM (18 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

Spokesman said:
Give me proof that its "destroying" anything.

If you want proof it's smacking you in the face, proof is all around you. Like I said, it's clearcuts, its extinction, it's all the new diseases that are appearing. It's depression on the rise, it's the invention of "personality disorders" such as "oppositional defiance disorder" in order to contain and trivialize anyone that tries to break out... It's poverty, it's thousands of children starving to death after spending 18 hours a day stitching your nike's. It's kid's being forced into prostitution, it's rape, its the Exxon-Valdex oil spill destroying miles of coastline. It's all the lies, lies, lies and the emptiness we all run from. It's just that most of us run straight into the void instead of out of it.

There's proof. If you need the details pick up a book or do a google search.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

#2013304 - 10/16/03 01:32 AM (18 years, 9 days ago)

Oh ok, im sorry i was enjoying life, now that i think about it i am trapped in a wave of bliss that according to you guys is creating killing fields somewhere else so i guess i'll just go cry and blow myself up, i hope God forgives me for enjoying the rewards he game, i was so stupid. :nonono: 

--------------------

Offlineunderground
welcome to the underground

Loc: colorful colorado
    #2013309 - 10/16/03 01:34 AM (18 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

JSlice said:
if you want to escape...walk into woods untill you will have no way of ever coming out. live there...in something that you built...live off the land. become an animal again. break yourself back down to the hunter gatherer level. Otherwise, your just complaining. For now, i will complain, i realize how weak i am. I see the cage around me, and i build strength day by day to leave it. I have grown to love to many things within it. If you really cant leave it all behind at least dont let it drag you down. You ranting sounds as though the weight of the civilized world is on your shoulders...i recommend you stop watching/reading the news. youd be suprised how much that helps. that and letting yourself be happy. if you hate your job...get one that you love. if you dont like to work, find a way to get payed to play. its all possible. if you can imagine it, it can be happen. there are only three things you really need to remember. Be a good person (to yourself, and to those in direct contact with you), kill greed, and induce enlightenment. A student told me that once...now i finally see that he was a teacher.

~J-Slice~

bullshit. you cant live without this society, and you know it. but why would you want to? there are great things these days. technology is a tool - use it how you will. along with rampant consumerism, environmental rape and systematic cultural extermination, we also have wonderful music, visual arts, and instant access to vast information. dont turn your back on the world. ACT!!! do what you can to clean up this place, preserve what wilderness is left, be kind to those around you, realize the many effects your actions have and live CONSCIOUSLY.

i get my news from BBC online. seems to be the least biased i have found. i like to know what is happening in the world, because knowledge is power. and if you dont know what is happening, how can you change it? ignorance may be bliss, but to live a life fully realized is divine...

enough ranting. i'm tired.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#2013312 - 10/16/03 01:36 AM (18 years, 9 days ago)

No one asked you do do that  :smirk:

All I'm asking is that you try and spread the message. Don't act crazy or ruin your life. That's stupid. This may take many years. Some of us may not see the fruits of our labours.

If you educate your children properly, you have helped the human race. If you try to become a better person yourself, you have helped the human race.

It's not asking much, really  :wink:

--------------------

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

#2013343 - 10/16/03 01:46 AM (18 years, 9 days ago)

Trendal, in all seriousness i do agree with you. I was just trying to prove that we cant get all pessamistic about the cage because that was the original feeling i got when i read this thread, I am aware and im going to make sure my children are aware. But it just sounded like alot of these guys wanted us to stare at the bars and cry. when society is really not all that bad. Imagine if the wrold didnt have a place like the U.S. I grew up in a common wealth that can be compared to a third world country, belive me i seen the killings in front of me i seen a corrupted system of Cops and goverment figures who buy and sell drugs. I seen honest people fall victim to the system but life is all about comming up out of that and we can do it within the cage if we escape the cage we cant help the people inside. Lets let people know but lets not strap up a bomb and run up in the white house either, atleast the system allows us to help others. If that was the original message then i apoligize for the mockery. But if someone is happy in the cage we shouldnt call him a killer neither because these feeling are showing me that you are more trapped than all of us. Peace.

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#2013363 - 10/16/03 01:53 AM (18 years, 9 days ago)

Good point there Trendal...

You know spokesman, I'm really enjoying life too. Life is fantastically beautiful! I do things just for myself rather often... put my stereo on full blast and dance frantically around my room, smoke pot just for the hell of it, write silly letters to my boyfriend while he's still asleep beside me.

We owe it to life to enjoy our senses, but we also owe it to life to fully appreciate and understand where all our pleasures come from, and to say no thanks to the pleasures that require the immense suffering of others. Saying no to the pleasures that are built on suffering doesn't narrow the field of options all that much, there is so much beauty to experience that we don't need to exploit in order to fill ourselves. And hey, it'd also be great if all of us could do a few small things now and again to help alleviate the suffering of others. Chose whatever method you see fit, there are millions.

I myself chose to do whatever I can think of to create alternatives, to create ways of living that are not dependant on our network of violence and oppression. We all play our part in this, and no we can't "smash the system" if we don't have any other way of surviving. So lets start building ways of living that are way more satisfying as well as being sustainable and non-exploitive!

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

#2013379 - 10/16/03 01:58 AM (18 years, 9 days ago)

If your having trouble understanding my previous views on the subject i sugest you scroll up and read the original Thread posted because this thread has slowly changed its context. I was just trying to aproach the subject with the same amount of energy that mitch was expressing his views. Im sorry if i seemed a bit TOO optimistic.

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#2013405 - 10/16/03 02:07 AM (18 years, 9 days ago)

Ok, I think that we both probably made a few assumptions about the views of the other. I apologize for jumping to conclusions, I just get so tired of people retreating into thier own sensory stimulation while ignoring how they add to the problems. I've seen this so much in the people around me that I've gotten tired of staying quiet about it.

I'm optimistic, but I think it's important to realize just how much we need to change, it does us no good to sit back and relax while the world continues on it's death march. If we do nothing we're heading for self destruction, so we all owe it to ourselves to do what we can and stay hopeful.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

#2013434 - 10/16/03 02:21 AM (18 years, 9 days ago)

I think that alot of people have trouble doing something about the world because of all the prophecies of destruction. IMO alot of people think its ment to be or we're gonna get destroyed anyway. Some go to sleep happy just knowing that they prayed for the world but do nothing to help it, and some just complain and complain and bring us that are trying to help with a smile down.

--------------------

Offlinemoogle

#2013455 - 10/16/03 02:33 AM (18 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

Spokesman said:
i can ignore people like you, smoke a blunt, play some videogames, make some wonderful music with my friends while my vibes on the beats, and fuck some decent looking girls at night and thank whoever put me on this cage.... Hmmm, not a tough choice at all.

Keeping the frog content, as it's "bath water" slowly heats...

--------------------
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

-- Herbert Spencer

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: moogle]
    #2013520 - 10/16/03 03:06 AM (18 years, 9 days ago)

Ok enough Quoting me!!

--------------------

Offlinemoogle

#2013537 - 10/16/03 03:11 AM (18 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

Spokesman said:
Ok enough Quoting me!!

*ribbit*

--------------------
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

-- Herbert Spencer

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#2013539 - 10/16/03 03:12 AM (18 years, 9 days ago)

Moogle, have you read Daniel Quinn? He uses the boiling frog analogy in one of his books and his subject matter is right in line with this thread...

I'm a fan of his books, a bigger fan of Derrick Jensen who comes from a similar perspective but goes far far deeper into the subject matter.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

#2013564 - 10/16/03 03:18 AM (18 years, 9 days ago)

Bad enough i have Christianity on my ass telling me im going to burn in hell i dont need someone else telling me im going to suffer a boiling death for giving in to my Natural erges. You guys will make anyone feel guilty. Oh Well i live my life i make people happy i help people i share my teaching with others and vote green party all the way. I feel comftorble and feel like i deserve what i enjoy. If anyone disagrees then you pull your hair out trying to find a way to beat the system, im sure You well get rewarded in some kind of after-life. Im going to go boil and burn in eaternal fire now,pray for me. PEACE AND LOVE!!!

--------------------

Offlinemoogle

#2013677 - 10/16/03 04:40 AM (18 years, 8 days ago)

I condemn you to a life of peace, dude :mushroom2: 

--------------------

-- Herbert Spencer

Offlinemoogle

#2013681 - 10/16/03 04:43 AM (18 years, 8 days ago)

I'm not familiar with them, but I've heard the boiling frog metaphor numerous times, so I doubt it's limited to those two authors. The strongest weapon against darkness is light; spread the love as far as possible.

--------------------

-- Herbert Spencer

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

#2014257 - 10/16/03 12:54 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

NiamhNyx said:
We all play our part in this, and no we can't "smash the system" if we don't have any other way of surviving.

Great thread :thumbup:, just thought Id clip part of your post and comment on it. You say things Im too lazy or dumb to say properly NiamhNyx.

I guess we sort of all know that we cant escape this cage and if we do manage, it may be considered something along the lines of insanity and then it really cant be considered escape after all. IMHO I sort of always knew this, its sometimes hard to make a conscious thought that we're conscious and yet we dont have the means to set reality and/or everything straight, ie; a heaven, but theres one possible place you can escape (you dont have to consider it escaping, transitioning is just as good), but NOT pretend reality doesnt exist, but ignore it in your weaker times, its your mind and its the only reality/tool you got, belief and hope are the best mindsets around and possibly the ONLY mindsets you can choose without going insane.

The best advice I can give for the "constant struggling mind" is try and make most with what you got simply put. Use the only and best tools you have, logic, I know it isnt black and white for some but we do have the ability to percieve things in different ways, and this seems to be our only "escape" from pain, our will and ability to choose certain things. Its obviouse we were given or simply HAVE an escape route, its logic, our ability to know that drinking battery acid is bad but drinking juice is good.

There is light at the end of the tunnel, its just cluttered with alot of crap along the way, our only choice is to make things better and try to enjoy the struggle of it all, because for now, in this reality there is no heaven we can jump into, no easy escape route. So work with what you got.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2014639 - 10/16/03 03:05 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

I dont wanna wake the fuck up!
Lemme fuckin sleep in!
ahh...-dreams of xrated dreams with Vida Guerra-

aw damnit now I gotta wake up to take a piss...
fuck.
:smirk: 

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2014825 - 10/16/03 03:53 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

We can't just abandon our cage without any other way of living, but the thing is... we can start putting into place new ways of living now! We can start creating better options. We can't just point out whats wrong without having solutions, but there are solutions available if only we take the time to consider them and put the effort into making them real.

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
    #2014856 - 10/16/03 04:01 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

It's clich?, but the only way we'll change the world is by starting with ourselves. Don't complain Coca-Cola destroyed Central American the softdrinks market, don't buy their products. Don't complain Nike exploits minors in Asia, don't buy their gear. It won't be easy, but if you take the dream further than words, you're much more credible to people around you, and they'll start thinking about their own way of life. Either act upon the dream, or don't speak the dream at all.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2014902 - 10/16/03 04:19 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

First off, I long ago was released from my cage, that is if it was ever really completely in a cage in the first place.. thank god for almost no parenting! (purposely, of course. I think my Dad saw it all as I have and made it the way he did on purpose..).

This is my life: I play bass guitar. I listen to heavy metal music. I think about things and converse about them. I treat life as an experience and remain open to almost all experiences. This is my life, and life is good.

Why the hell do we have to suscribe to any causes? I have my own agenda. I go about living my life as I wish. There is not ONE thing that I have to suscribe to if I don't choose to. My life is my own, and I live it.

Quote:

NiamhNyx said:
Next time you eat, consider how many deaths occured so you could take that bite for granted, the plants or animals in the food itself, the pollution caused by the 2600 miles it travelled to get to your plate, the labour of hundreds of people from production all the way through to consumption....

Next time you drive your car think about how we're all choking ourselves to death so you can get to the movie theatre 10 minutes faster than the bus will take you.

Or how about the next time you throw away a scrap of paper, consider that millions of hectares of ancient growth forests were decimated, only to be sent right to the pulp mill for paper production. And then think of all the beings that go extinct because they no longer have any habitat. It's 20 species a day (plants/animals) in case you're wondering.

If after you appreciate how much others have sacraficed for you you still want to smile, smoke your joint and get laid, go for it buddy. You'll get yours, karma is a bitch.

Do we have to constantly think of that shit? I don't think so. Fucking shit is going the Earth's way now. Public transporation sucks. There should be no reason why I have to get on transportation that follows someone else's time schedule. Hydrogen cars are coming. Our impact on the Earth is continously being lessened.

Sure, the Republicans are in office. However, it is becoming a standard now for both parties to pursue environmental protection. It is a general trend that we have been heading towards and it isn't something that we have to have consume our thoughts. I have a bass guitar to fucking play.

Here in Norway, most of the energy production is hydroelectric. The waterfalls in mountains are set up to produce energy. They are also experimenting with geothermal heating, like the government is..

Anyways. What am I suspossed to do? Lead protests? Donate money to fucking charities? Fuck that. All I can do is live my own life as I should. I don't fucking waste paper. The best I can do is live as low impact as possible, as long as it doesn't sacrifice my living. If guitars were only made out of fucking ivory, I think I would be playing a fucking ivory guitar right now..
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

#2015003 - 10/16/03 04:46 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

SkorpivoMusterion said:
I dont wanna wake the fuck up!
Lemme fuckin sleep in!
ahh...-dreams of xrated dreams with Vida Guerra-

:smirk: 

Thats what im fucking talking about! :lol:

Seriously though it just sounded to me like he was implying that we should escape the cage by isolating ourselves and brake away from society and our culture. I was trying to say that if we are conftorble in our culture and society we can take action within it. We dont have to move out to the woods and live off the land and masturbate for entertainment. We can help those in need, go vote!! Run for office make a diffrence. The reason why we have children in Malaysia starving to make our products is because the people who are aware of it just want to escape reality and society. Your not helping that little boy or girl by not buying that product. The best that will do is leave the boy withouth that daily 5 cents and make him starve to death. If we are comftorble in the cage dont call us murderes because we are trying to help get those children out of there while you are staring at us from outside the cage. We can enjoy the good things the cage provide for us. We have to get involved in the system, get involved with politics. Destroy the current system from the inside and build a new one and even then the world will never be perfect. 

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2015023 - 10/16/03 04:51 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Spokesman said:
If we are comftorble in the cage dont call us murderes because we are trying to help get those children out of there while you are staring at us from outside the cage. We can enjoy the good things the cage provide for us. We have to get involved in the system, get involved with politics. Destroy the current system from the inside and build a new one and even then the world will never be perfect.   

Indeed. Stopping using a product doesn't stop anything. Getting awareness of what is wrong so that the people who were hiding these things have to change it in order to stay in business is going to work.

I think I will continue playing guitar, get into a position where I can spread ideas to large amounts of people. That is how I'LL help. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2015077 - 10/16/03 05:04 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
I think I will continue playing guitar, get into a position where I can spread ideas to large amounts of people. That is how I'LL help. :grin:
Peace. 

Exactly you can get some kind of record deal and use the system to spread the word, like so many musicians that we love have done.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2015089 - 10/16/03 05:07 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Spokesman said:
Exactly you can get some kind of record deal and use the system to spread the word, like so many musicians that we love have done. 

Before they all fucking die of different causes that really wouldn't have happened if fucking someone wasn't out to kill them..  :sad:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

#2015104 - 10/16/03 05:11 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

lol, but where they failed we will succeed... right?............................right???............:sad:

Maybe i'll just become a pornstar that spreads the word... :wink: 

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2015115 - 10/16/03 05:14 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

Well, I will try.. but I know I will die early, anyways, because I will go agansit the will of some other "force" and will be killed.. thus making me a martyr, more powerful after my death than ever before...

sort of like Jesus, no? :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
    #2015371 - 10/16/03 06:13 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

"Or how about the next time you throw away a scrap of paper, consider that millions of hectares of ancient growth forests were decimated, only to be sent right to the pulp mill for paper production. And then think of all the beings that go extinct because they no longer have any habitat. It's 20 species a day (plants/animals) in case you're wondering. "

BIG FUCKING DEAL. As far as I can tell, we are bundles of chemicals built for the purpose of breeding. Lets say society is some kind of horrible imprisonment that "destroys us" what do you propose as an alternitive? Lets say everyone was happy and fed. Would you be satisfied? Would we be "free" from our "cages"? What does "suffering" matter? (and yes, I have emotions, and can feel/do not enjoy suffering, and thats 100% beside the point.)

InvisibleKeyannki
    #2015377 - 10/16/03 06:15 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

heh.. someone didn't get their "Cheerios" in the morning.

edit: i meant the original poster.

Edited by Keyannki (10/16/03 06:23 PM)

InvisibleKeyannki
Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: Keyannki]
    #2015396 - 10/16/03 06:22 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

NiamhNyx: yes, I take those simple needs for granted.  it's real hard to say no to a juicy hamburger. "eat me eat me"

:laugh:

i do know the injustices of capitalism and governments.  look at Enron.  they pillaged every investor and will do no jail time. 

so i salute this phacked-up planet and its gregorian laws with my middle finger.

*smeep*

cuz i'm about to break some.

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: Keyannki]
    #2015414 - 10/16/03 06:29 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

"If after you appreciate how much others have sacraficed for you you still want to smile, smoke your joint and get laid, go for it buddy. You'll get yours, karma is a bitch. "

I really should have quoted this...

So what do you suggest? since so many other people and animals are suffering, he does not have a right to be happy?!?!  :lol: 

That its "wrong" to be satisfied with what you have and live for yourself?

Well, the only thing more rediculous than your morals is your thought of Karmic law, that the "evil" people will experience suffering proportionate to the amount that they have caused...  :shake:

Does the same hold true for animals? if a lion eats a mother of three, and the three offspring then starve to death , does the lion suffer for the horrible act of murder it commited?

And what horrible crime against The laws of Karma have the many  orphans with AIDS in Africa commited? Perhaps they were lions in thier past lives? :grin: 

EDIT:
"so i salute this phacked-up planet and its gregorian laws with my middle finger.

cuz i'm about to break some."

that quote kicks ass!!! Hmm, now im semi sorry for the overley agressive post above...

Edited by domite (10/16/03 06:31 PM)

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: domite]
    #2015485 - 10/16/03 06:46 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

Actually one of the guys at Enron will do 7 years. Just goes to show you how the system works though. That guy is responsible for many families going bankrupt and he stole millions of dollars, he gets 7 years. I have people doing 30+ years for selling just acouple thousands worth of cocaine. The goverment got paid out of Enrons crimes so they get less time, the coke dealer who wants to feed his family in a fucked up economy will miss his children growing up. And the cycle continues.

--------------------

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
    #2015577 - 10/16/03 07:20 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

I chase those pipe dreams because i want to live a comfortable life. I want to be safe and healthy when i grow old. What is wrong with that?

There is no conspiracy. You want freedom? move to a third world country.

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: Scarfmeister]
    #2015681 - 10/16/03 07:50 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

Spread the good vibes and touch peoples insides
thats all it takes, and maybe make some pf cakes
mushrooms are my tool and if u dont see why then your a fool
stop trying to be cool and find yourself a tool
whether that be music, or thought
just know what the life you have has brought

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: whole9]
    #2015847 - 10/16/03 08:34 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

Touche`
I'm so keeping that...

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#2018365 - 10/17/03 05:51 PM (18 years, 7 days ago)

rid yourself of non essentials, the internet is probably the most fortifying peice of your cage, as the good rasta said, "emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
forget about cable, all it does is dissapoint anyway, it is shallow and meaningless entertainment. in fact, why pay for entertainment?
it takes away your ability to be yourself, emersing yourself in distraction, you become separated from your mind, it gets away from you, creativity becomes hard and unfammiliar, drugs for example, why do you do them? im not saying its wrong to do them, but perhaps they ought not be done for the enjoyment of distraction.
advertizement excersizes our ability to covet. as does possesion, for it is not forever, same with an altered state of conciousness, it is fleeting.
desire is not a means to fulfillment, it is the polar opposite.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

#2018431 - 10/17/03 06:33 PM (18 years, 7 days ago)

Hey cable has some good shows, Sure sometimes they cancel brilliant shows like Family Guy but we still have The Simpsons and re-runs of Seinfield...........

--------------------

Anonymous

#2018623 - 10/17/03 08:07 PM (18 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Mitchnast said:
rid yourself of non essentials, the internet is probably the most fortifying peice of your cage, as the good rasta said, "emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
forget about cable, all it does is dissapoint anyway, it is shallow and meaningless entertainment. in fact, why pay for entertainment?
it takes away your ability to be yourself, emersing yourself in distraction, you become separated from your mind, it gets away from you, creativity becomes hard and unfammiliar, drugs for example, why do you do them? im not saying its wrong to do them, but perhaps they ought not be done for the enjoyment of distraction.
advertizement excersizes our ability to covet. as does possesion, for it is not forever, same with an altered state of conciousness, it is fleeting.
desire is not a means to fulfillment, it is the polar opposite.

rid myself of non-essentials? allright, right after you get yourself off the internet and stop telling people what to think. by the way, you lose credibility when you arent representative of what you speak.

why not pay for entertainment, and since when does entertainment take away from who you are? so many forms of entertainment have been inspirational to so many people. how does entertainment distract and seperate you from your mind? you sound like tipper gore and the rest of those fucks that push censorship of media and scream about entertainment causing violence. who doesnt enjoy distraction from their everyday lives every once in a while, and whats wrong with that? granted, some people push it to a limit, but fuck you for assuming everyones like that. stop being so fucking cynical and stop believing you've got it all figured out, i assure you, you dont and neither do i.

i see nothing profound in what you've said. you think theres no way to live within this society in a productive way? shut the fuck up and live what you speak before criticizing other people. not everyone is compelled by society to do its bidding as you seem to think.

thanks for entertaining me, fascist.

to those telling people to free themselves of society by walking into the woods and making it their home, good fucking luck. unless you're well prepared i dont see you making it long. plus what difference can you make in this society if you just run off into the woods and hide from it? make a fucking stand and bend norms but dont break them, adhere but stray from the path, remain a part of this society in body but not in spirit. this is where you will truly make a change. the system we all are a part of is passed on to those with power, support and influence. to achieve these things requires a few things: rational thinking, rhetoric, perseverance, charisma, and money. it is unfortunate that this society works this way, but unless you plan on changing the mind of some of the conservatives in this country (ignorant people are usually conservative but not all conservatives are ignorant) its probably the most effective way of making changes. if the 'make a change in yourself and the rest of the world will follow' method worked best, things would be different now. im not saying that this isnt at all effective or that you shouldnt bother, instead, in addition to making a change in yourself there are other things that will accelerate these changes. remain a part of society, be creative and find a way to make changes from within. this society is not saying 'follow or leave' with its norms, but rather 'follow or work fucking hard.' perhaps im being optimistic, but this post needs optimism right now. if all of us ran into the woods and lived off the earth it would make no difference and we'd be the ones losing our homes to deforestation. "stay in school, learn the system, then change the system"

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
    #2018734 - 10/17/03 08:47 PM (18 years, 7 days ago)

You are right!

But you are also full of shit!

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #2018742 - 10/17/03 08:48 PM (18 years, 7 days ago)

To much matrix. To much hollywood.

Let's be original!

--------------------
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: IamHungry]
    #2018753 - 10/17/03 08:51 PM (18 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

IamHungry said:
jeeze. has it ever occured to you that some people are happy living with these dreams? for most people in the western hemisphere, these dreams give them fullfillment, it gives them a purpose to live, and when they achieve it, it gives them closure. unless G-d himself told you to get people out of their cages, i dont appreciate your attack on the way of life i know so well.

You are part of the problem.

If it is wrong, I don't care if you agree with it.

--------------------
-----------

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #2018781 - 10/17/03 09:00 PM (18 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

How do you know?

Quote:

What have they awoken from? What is this great awakening that you are talking about? 

--------------------
-----------

Invisiblereflectedlight
in town untilthe blood flows
 User Gallery

Loc: aether
Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: sirreal]
    #2018815 - 10/17/03 09:10 PM (18 years, 7 days ago)

Sometimes I feel like I can't get my mind around something so fucking utterly important to my being here. You ever feel like that? Like there is something I should know, understand, or be doing and for some reason I am overlooking it? I've been really materialistic lately, and I can see why people are like this. Trying to get more and more and more money. Because for the split second when you get that thing, you feel good, almost complete. shit.

--------------------
at this point i think we can be relatively certain seperation exists as a fallacy of finite perception, and the only barrier to infinite creativity is a preimposed notion of certainty and artificial conditioning. nothing is without origin

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#2018921 - 10/17/03 09:44 PM (18 years, 7 days ago)

How do you know?
How do I know that you can have an effect on those around you? Because I see such a thing occuring on an almost constant basis. How do I know we have time? I don't really...but it's better to make use of whatever time we do have than to give up completely.

What have they awoken from? What is this great awakening that you are talking about?
They have seen the "cage" we all live in, and have begun to understand how to live a better life. I use the word "awakening" only because it is the most commonly used term.

--------------------

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#2019181 - 10/17/03 11:31 PM (18 years, 7 days ago)

facist? explain that one, I don't share your understanding of that term it seems.

Anonymous

#2019321 - 10/18/03 12:37 AM (18 years, 7 days ago)

it wasnt meant to be taken seriously, my apologies for not making that more obvious :grin:

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: reflectedlight]
    #2019337 - 10/18/03 12:43 AM (18 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

reflectedlight said:
I've been really materialistic lately, and I can see why people are like this. Trying to get more and more and more money. Because for the split second when you get that thing, you feel good, almost complete. shit.

FINALLY SOME HONESTY!!!!
Im all for peace, unity and rebuilding of the system but we shouldnt be comdemed and be called naughty little boys for appretiating material things. In the beggining life wasnt anything but little organisms on rocks wich basic meaning of life was to find food. We elvolved and know we search for entertainment, Relationships, power, sex and good tasting foods. And while i am well aware that these are all needs built by ego i can not deny them and their satisfaction.

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #2019820 - 10/18/03 04:52 AM (18 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Ooorr i can ignore people like you, smoke a blunt, play some videogames, make some wonderful music with my friends while my vibes on the beats, and fuck some decent looking girls at night and thank whoever put me on this cage.... Hmmm, not a tough choice at all. But oh well life isnt the same for all of us i guess. Sometimes i wish there was a God to show humanity to shut the fuck up and enjoy the fucking ride.

I am not saying do make music , I have THREE GUITARS and a effects box and an amp, and soon a mini recording studio

BUT!
if you think the world is all for you and that being wasting it without thought is ok, then please kill yourself

SERIOUSLY

and the original poster was talking more about general society being a waste, which I can understand I FIGURE, if I am making music and writing books thats a better use of my time than working ANY JOB, and that DOESNT make me lazy either, these ARE REAL GOALS, not some gold around my neck or some fucking video game(although I like civillization)

this place is fucked, and if you read like I do you would realize the FULL SCOPE of our problem

AND I ASK

what the hell is wrong with thinking and trying to figure things out???????????I will admit there is no reason to stress over things, but whats wrong with TRYING to help the WORLD and OTHER PEOPLE in general???????

I do everything you said you do, minus videogames(most of the time, cause guitar is more important)  yet I......

put up propaganda for what I belive, try to be as "light" on the earth as possible,etc etc
and I like it that way , I dont buy into the "corporate cool" of wasting is cool and novelty is king

fuck that
WE are not SLUGS, we can think and feel and act and change

I refuse to be complacent
dont assume you have to be angry to be wanting a change, I am happier then evene these days, and I am doing my part :thumbup: 

--------------------

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #2020185 - 10/18/03 11:01 AM (18 years, 6 days ago)

I thought i clearly stated i dint want be quoted on this thread again because only about 3 poeple got my fucking point. Jesus Christ you guys are worst than Jahova's Whitnesses. :nonono:

--------------------

Anonymous

#2020592 - 10/18/03 03:33 PM (18 years, 6 days ago)

the people that dont see it cant, and the people that do see it cant explain it. settle down. i will escape the cage, but to me escaping is going back to a natural state. You guys are all talking about stretching out your cage untill it is comfortable to live in, which is perfectly alright, but see it for what it is. You still arnt free no matter how happy it is.
IMHO

~J-Slice~

Invisiblereflectedlight
in town untilthe blood flows
 User Gallery

Loc: aether
    #2020859 - 10/18/03 05:42 PM (18 years, 6 days ago)

I think besides all of the economical, judicial, and social limits placed on us, in our minds we limit ourselves much greater. Things have to change.

Looner said it best: "where to go?" I say we go build a city out of adobe in the southwest.

--------------------
at this point i think we can be relatively certain seperation exists as a fallacy of finite perception, and the only barrier to infinite creativity is a preimposed notion of certainty and artificial conditioning. nothing is without origin

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #2022106 - 10/19/03 06:55 AM (18 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Spokesman said:
I thought i clearly stated i dint want be quoted on this thread again because only about 3 poeple got my fucking point. Jesus Christ you guys are worst than Jahova's Whitnesses. :nonono:

really

explain that then? 

--------------------

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #2022230 - 10/19/03 09:15 AM (18 years, 5 days ago)

No, i did a million times, dont be lazy, scroll up and read the later post thoroughly. Now only if i could contain myslef from checking this thread again. :rolleyes:

--------------------

Offlinestudent
Stranger

#2026166 - 10/20/03 06:03 PM (18 years, 4 days ago)

You are all fighting the wrong battle. Everyone here is here for the same reason, we are all on the same side. And we are all doomed if no one here sees that. We have little power to change the current world. But we can always change ourselves. And we can influence those around us with good ideas. All of us here have the potential. We understand the cage. I think the people that need to 'wake the FUCK up!' are the people who are blind to the type of insights we have gained by doing the thing that brought us all here. They are the ones who are stuck. Perhaps if more people opened their eyes, the world would start changing for the better. Until recent history our drugs were tools of knowledge and enlightenment.

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: student]
    #2026952 - 10/20/03 11:01 PM (18 years, 4 days ago)

"We understand the cage"

I really dont. Are you saying becuse people/forces "control" us? Isnt that true no matter what?

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: domite]
    #2026956 - 10/20/03 11:02 PM (18 years, 4 days ago)

No, most certainly not.

It's not just control.

We do it to ourselves.

It's the way we raise our children.

The way we think about community.

The way we think about Life.

--------------------

OfflineSummerBreeze
Phyconaughty

Loc: Antwerpen.
    #2027940 - 10/21/03 07:11 AM (18 years, 3 days ago)

"you still want to smile, smoke your joint and get laid, go for it buddy. You'll get yours, karma is a bitch. "

Have you considered the possibility that smokin' and shaggin' are this guys rewards for his past life?

Sure sounds good to me. Heaven on Earth.

--------------------
"Must'nt Grumble!".

Anonymous

Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: SummerBreeze]
    #2028110 - 10/21/03 10:15 AM (18 years, 3 days ago)

the thing is...smoking and shagging is great, but it doesnt help out the greater cause at all. Its very selfish to say 'i have everything i want in life, so i will think of nothing else'. that is the point here i believe. when you have everything you could want in life, start giving someone else everything they could want or at least helping them get there, and so on...untill the chain is complete.

~J-Slice~

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#2028269 - 10/21/03 12:03 PM (18 years, 3 days ago)

yes :smile:

now i think i was told not less than twice and not less than subtly that i am not less than full of shit.

thats ok, in good faith of my original statement, i dont care if you think that, i expect people to think so and would be surprised otherwise, in fact i expected MOSTlY such seniment.

moving along.

i find myself very conflicted, it effects my happiness, i feel guilt, not for me, but for the actions of those whose machination i in any way profit or thrive upon.  i dont in fact do either.  it is my work, my spending, that i feel guilt for, it oils the machine, squeezing blood from the stone-faced corpses of civilizations passed, who built their cities on sand, and fell into ash, our cities, my home, is built upon that dust.

i used to say "we are ultimately responsible for all the actions of those who we profit from"  and i beleive this weather we know the actions of our benefactors or not, for it exists and suffering is real weather we see it or not.

the "cage" however MAKES us benefit,  our system is so complete its almost impossible to err to our total loss, there is always a door open to return to the cage and pay into the mechinism.
specialization of labour has led to specialization of exploitation.
perhaps we can take solice in the fact we are forced to exploit, that we are indeed addicts to a well-structured lifestyle.

when i wrote the original post, i was on 5 grams of liberty caps dried and a few grams of pan subbs,  the cage walls at that time were so clear i thought it impossible that evryone could not see them, and it felt disgusting that the roots of corruption could run so deep into the core of our collective psyche.
i am a firm beleiver that there is no fundimental separation between relitive matter and our minds.  if there is something wrong with our universe, then there is something wrong with our spirit.

some people no doubt wonder how this cage could destroy us when we die anyway.  there is no such thing as a person who is not spiritual.
the people who one might call unspiritual or even immoral/guiltless are not masters of their fate, they are mastered. there are benefits to being mastered, you become wealthy, live a comfortable life, but does possesion or even comfort equate happiness?  if you dont beleive something, how can you beleive you exist? how can you love? how can you be yourself?  well you are yourself, so you DO beleive you exist, and for whatever that reason might be in your mind,  it's only one further step of reason before you realize that if what YOU do matters, if YOU matter at all, and if you live once, then die, then the aquisition of possesion is hollow and fleeting, and the greater the gain, the greater the loss, it also stands to reason that there is no redemption in death. so there is no redemption in loss, damage done.
your actions, your footprints in time, gather weight, your accomplishments that make you happy. if they cast shadows of pain, then it is the shadows that count.  so, perhaps good is a paradox, because any good you can do creates just as much bad, the good you have, the bad has you.

now, another theory i have and would like to add for further clarity, is my beleif that we are the summation of the period of our personal existance.  this period is supported by time, and it ends, evrything it was or is is limited to this scape, IF it has continuation, then it is most certainly a timeless one. Meaning that what we become is ourselves, the summation of whatever we were in life, condensed into an omnichronic continueum. pure experince and knowlage of course, in which we must conduct ourselves as ourselves, as we truly are, and if what we are in our own minds is a self-important entity surrounded by fellow entities we care nothing about, and held up by shadows of passed pleasures that have long since decayed. (as a summation of course)  then no doubt the cage will be all you have. and it will then at that time feel undenyably like the bloody cage it is.

not of course saying there is contunuation, but even so, you are what you are.  does every moment then not matter? does now matter?  cause if it doesnt, then how can you matter, how can you be, after all, you obviously dont truly beleive in the past, or the future, you are trapped in now.

liberty, is it real?
could a taste of real liberty be so stunning, so brilliant that our world we know would seem an instant within an age?
i beleive most people fear a large existance, thats why they hate, it makes their world smaller, less to fear.

bingo, and there you have it.

of course, i have no credibility, because i use a computer and work and have possesions and have a good time on occasion, so please don't take anything i say seriously, it would harm your integrity to do so, im not being sarcastic to say this, im being serious. i dont feel shameful to even consider myself stupid or insane, that doesnt matter, so why then should i care if someone here just aggrees with me? c'mon. :smile: 

what are people proud for some reason?
what reason could that possibly be?

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
    #2028973 - 10/21/03 03:59 PM (18 years, 3 days ago)

"there is no such thing as a person who is not spiritual. "

HA! yea right.

"you become wealthy"

from being apathetic? You want to explain that one? becuse I know plenty of people that are far from spritual, and even farther from wealthy. Now im not gonna make any assumptions here, but hust becuse people who are rich are moraly unscrupulous, it doesnt mean moraly unscrupulous(sp?) people are rich.

"if you dont beleive something, how can you beleive you exist? how can you love? how can you be yourself?"

It depends on what you mean by "belive something". If you mean having faith in something that there is no direct evidence for, then this is completly unrelated, as you can still have beliefs founded in logic (with assumptions that come from what we see/hear) as for the "how can you love" comment, well, shit, I dont know why, it just happens :smile: How can I belive i exsist? Well, I try not to belive anything, but its kinda hard.
(i dont really know what you mean by "be yourself")

well you are yourself, so you DO beleive you exist, and for whatever that reason might be in your mind, it's only one further step of reason before you realize that if what YOU do matters, if YOU matter at all, and if you live once, then die, then the aquisition of possesion is hollow and fleeting, and the greater the gain, the greater the loss, it also stands to reason that there is no redemption in death. so there is no redemption in loss, damage done.

first of all thats one hell of a sentince!  hehe, you are abusing those commas :laugh:. You used the term "matters" for something do matter, it has to matter either in some kind of terms, or to an indiviual. So does what i do matter? To some people, or at least I like to think...

does it matter on a universal sence wheither I drink this glass of orange juce or not? Well, i really dont know, I dont claim to know, or even care to know.

No, most certainly not.

It's not just control.

We do it to ourselves.

Im not disagreeing at all, I just really have no idea what on earth you are talking about...   

so its not "just" control, wich means that there is something else that is the metaphotical "cage" you keep refering to...

to me this really just sounds like you
a) feel that repression of our emotions and our "spiritual identity" that we impose on ourself to incite a feeling of order is stifiling and you just generally dont like it
b) are threatened ( i noticed how often you used the idea of "you" existing, your "ego") by the idea of anyone or anything (including your emotions and motivations that dont serve the interests of your ego) in control of any aspect of yourlife your life.
c) Its a spritual belief, in which case i dont care.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: wake the NICE up! [Re: domite]
    #2029308 - 10/21/03 05:53 PM (18 years, 3 days ago)

"there is no such thing as a person who is not spiritual. "
and then i continued to clarify, i diddnt mean there is nobody who doesnt feel all invoked by spirits, i mean there is no one who doesnt beleive in something, you for example, beleive in something, if you beleived in nothing, then you are null, you dont beleive you exist, you cease to continue in your own mind, and since your mind is your vessel, it is what you are, without a beleif you exist you dont, but then, you HAVE to beleive you exist in some form, you really have no choice, except nhilism, but that just doesnt work, if it did, you wouldnt exist. its simply a theoretical way of mind that doesnt really exist in practicel. Perhaps maybe my imaginary friend here is a successful nhilist, he doesnt exist and doesnt beleive he exists.
by spiritual i meant, we exist because we beleive we exist, and vice versa, i suppose i really diddnt explain it at all did I? sorry.

Quote:

from being apathetic? You want to explain that one? becuse I know plenty of people that are far from spritual, and even farther from wealthy. Now im not gonna make any assumptions here, but hust becuse people who are rich are moraly unscrupulous, it doesnt mean moraly unscrupulous(sp?) people are rich.

i diddnt say wealth came from apathy, i diddnt even imply it. i wasnt even refering nessisarily to monetary wealth. i was refering to what can be acheived by a makaveillian lifestyle, it is very easy to aquire wealth if you are at least a little smart, and absolutely ruthless. thats all im sayng with that statement

Quote:

first of all thats one hell of a sentince! hehe, you are abusing those commas . You used the term "matters" for something do matter, it has to matter either in some kind of terms, or to an indiviual. So does what i do matter? To some people, or at least I like to think...

the point is you enjoy thinking what you do matters, therefore, it most certainly matters to you, and the ideas of others seem important to you as well, THEREFORE, why not for their sake and your own self image would you not try to conduct yourself respectably (im not saying you don't im just saying, hey, why not?) my argument is that it would be far more respectable to consider and feel some responsibility (although it may be terribly uncomfortable for you) for the injustice and destruction that occurs in the construct of your relitively (in comparison to the majority of the world) comfortable and secure lifestyle.

Quote:

does it matter on a universal sence wheither I drink this glass of orange juce or not? Well, i really dont know, I dont claim to know, or even care to know.

thats too bad, somebody impaled through the ass, sliding down a roughly sharpened wooden pike as it punches through their organs one by one in an afghan market for stealing an orange, would probably think a glass of orange juice was the most important thing in the universe, for better or worse, but then, he doesnt have it nearly as good as you, he doesnt have the luxuries of food, work, comfort, a home, a protective community, alot of time to live, or the will to enjoy it, or even the sanity to decide weather or not a glass of orange juice should or should not be imbibed. his summation of existance got a serious splinter. but you can drink your juice, if i were you i would drink it, but then if you were me, you would probably think about it, even tho its just a stupid glass of juice.

oh, and i never said the cage was a metaphor. a metaphor is an unrelated idea, an allegory, used to describe a generally less tangeble idiom. i think "cage" is a literal enough term.

Quote:

a) feel that repression of our emotions and our "spiritual identity" that we impose on ourself to incite a feeling of order is stifiling and you just generally dont like it
b) are threatened ( i noticed how often you used the idea of "you" existing, your "ego") by the idea of anyone or anything (including your emotions and motivations that dont serve the interests of your ego) in control of any aspect of yourlife your life.

a, change "order" to control and "generally" to specifically, and "don't" to morrally shouldn't.
b, no, i feel lack of threat, i feel so damn comfortable i should be hanged. did i even say ego? :P hmm, i guess evrybody says it here youed almost take it for granted. i guess i described it.
c, correction, you beleive you dont care.

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Re: wake the NICE up! [Re: Mitchnast]
    #2029482 - 10/21/03 06:43 PM (18 years, 3 days ago)

First of all, forget the sprituality thing, I didnt get what you were saying there. Also, I didnt mean to offend you with anything I said there, Im just saying this becuse I do it by mistake somtimes and you seemed offended in some way.

" ...if you beleived in nothing, then you are null, you dont beleive you exist..."

What I meant when I say that I try not to belive anything is that I try not to bias myself with beliefs, so I can be as open minded as possible.(unfortunatly logic is my only tool to sift though all the ideas) As I said, This is too hard for my consience mind to do, becuse I still "know" a certain amount of things, and my whole world would be shattered if all of the things I thought were conguent turned out not to be.

"you HAVE to beleive you exist in some form, you really have no choice..."

yes, this frusterates me to no end! :crazy:

"i was refering to what can be acheived by a makaveillian lifestyle, it is very easy to aquire wealth if you are at least a little smart, and absolutely ruthless. thats all im sayng with that statement"

eh, I misundersood you again, and its a moot point to the real debate anyway, but i will mention one thing, I have noticed that the individual's determanation plays a bigger part in thier possible achevements that the rest tends to...

my argument is that it would be far more respectable to consider and feel some responsibility (although it may be terribly uncomfortable for you) for the injustice and destruction that occurs in the construct of your relitively (in comparison to the majority of the world) comfortable and secure lifestyle.

this part I agree with, but I still have a little hesatation to do so. Now dont get me wrong, I feel bad for the pain that is enherent in life, and how people's ambition and greed exploits this and create pain and misery for living things. I, however, still see fault in basing morality soley on pity, its just that I havent heard any better suggestions yet.

thats too bad, somebody impaled through the ass, sliding down a roughly sharpened wooden pike as it punches through their organs one by one in an afghan market for stealing an orange, would probably think a glass of orange juice was the most important thing in the universe, for better or worse, but then, he doesnt have it nearly as good as you, he doesnt have the luxuries of food, work, comfort, a home, a protective community, alot of time to live, or the will to enjoy it, or even the sanity to decide weather or not a glass of orange juice should or should not be imbibed. his summation of existance got a serious splinter. but you can drink your juice, if i were you i would drink it, but then if you were me, you would probably think about it, even tho its just a stupid glass of juice.

From what I can tell  you are misunderstanding me and you are trying to show me that people should base morality (meaning a value system) soley on emotions and pity by descrbing a situation wich is meant to make me feel pity. If it was the second one, you dont need to bother, I do base my morality on emotions and pity, I just have a creeping suspition that there is an idea out there that I would like better...
im not sure though. All I meant by saying

"does it matter on a universal sence wheither I drink this glass of orange juce or not? Well, i really dont know, I dont claim to know, or even care to know. "

was to say that the idea of something having signifigance is only applicable to ideas we have.

"a metaphor is an unrelated idea, an allegory, used to describe a generally less tangeble idiom. i think "cage" is a literal enough term."

Metaphor in the way I said it means: "A figure of speech in which a word or phrase that ordinarily designates one thing is used to designate another"

the word "cage" origanally designates a series of metal bars intwined to keep something within certain borders

you used the term "cage"(or someone did) to describe the way "we" live, the way our society is run, the way it traps us. This is a metaphor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
haha, forgive the mulitiple choice format, I took a three hour long test today. :P

a, change "order" to control and "generally" to specifically, and "don't" to morrally shouldn't.

i think i said that wong, let me try again:
We repress ourselves and our lifestyles to give ourselves the feeling of order. You dont like this, you feel that it is limiting or stifiling, or something along those lines (this is not menat to sound at all condesending.)

b, no, i feel lack of threat, i feel so damn comfortable i should be hanged. did i even say ego? :P hmm, i guess evrybody says it here youed almost take it for granted. i guess i described it.

I see what you are saying, this related back to the morals of pity idea kind of...  arrg, I dont know, it seems like it could go alot deeper than that.

c, correction, you beleive you dont care.

damn you, you got me there!!! :tongue: 

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#2029759 - 10/21/03 08:04 PM (18 years, 3 days ago)

i dont want you to feel pity, would YOU want to be pitied?
people suffer enough, they dont need to be dehumanized by pity.
we pity things we fear becomming, fear makes our worlds smaller through hatred. i could explain that till im blue, but im tired.
i was trying to make you feel empathy, it has a clear distinction from pity, empathy is how we survive even oblivion.
even the man, you never new, now you know a little, maybe ive tricked you into knowing something. but I never meant for you to pity.

oh, and a cage doesnt need to have metal entwined bars to be a literal "cage" and even if it can only be called a cage figuratively, it is still not a metaphor. it was a deliberate name for what it is, an immureing construct both physical and mental, an intertwining of bars that are very visable and often even metel.
i do not use the term cage to describe something simmilar to a cage.
its a cage, its a trap, as i said originally. there are different cages, different prisons, different traps. this one you cannot see, because it is its nature that it can only really hold you while you cannot see it. Chances are, if you saw it, you would try to look away, try to forget, make it all seem like it wasn't. The first thing that hits you, is guilt, not that you could have done anything about it unfortuneately.

but im not feeling trapped by some mental block, the cage im refering to it literal. its there, you cant see it, but you surely could if you were allowed to. thats an explaination I won't give you, and I hope you never have to find out what it really means. oure probably better off, spiritual or not, not knowing. and don't start saying im talking some sorta matrix stuff, no, i found this all on my own.

Offlinef8L
Triumph

Re: wake the NICE up! [Re: Mitchnast]
    #2029817 - 10/21/03 08:20 PM (18 years, 3 days ago)

Great post. This is an issue that is always in my mind, trying to escape the cage of life. But over the years, I have come to the conclusion that instead of fighting, or resigning to a life of ignorance, I could shape the path and my life to the best of my own abilities--and I'm happy with that.

Keeping an open-mind, understanding different cultures and philosophies of thought. Engaging myself every day, traveling--filling my life with meaning. We can all add importance to our lives, not through indulging in our own self-interests, but by allowing ourselves to take charge of what we are truly capable of; as an individual stuck in an unconcious, blind society.

I can move forward, I can progress-- I can fulfil my dreams and destiny-- challenging those objects around me, challenging myself to think differently. We structure our own conciousness, our own 'traps'- the only way to 'escape' is to change your mindset, change your attitudes-- simply live in the moment, every day. That is my true purpose.

Optimism, happiness-- FAITH.

There is no trap.

Edited by f8L (10/21/03 08:22 PM)

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Re: wake the NICE up! [Re: f8L]
    #2030773 - 10/22/03 12:18 AM (18 years, 3 days ago)

eh, whatever, I have come to understand what you mean as much as I can from you explaining it to me...

I really have no idea what you are talking about in that second part, but whatever, i might find out one day, huh? :P

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
    #2030777 - 10/22/03 12:18 AM (18 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

domite said:
eh, whatever, I have come to understand what you mean as much as I can from you explaining it to me...

I'm really not so sure what you are talking about in that second part, but whatever, i might find out one day, huh? :P

InvisiblePhoshaman
L.A, L.A., BigCity of Dreams.
Male
Loc: Downtown L.A.
    #2031046 - 10/22/03 01:25 AM (18 years, 3 days ago)

I stopped at page 3. Live life for yourselves, and to make others not suffer. It's not being selfish, we are here to enjoy!

--------------------

InvisiblePhoshaman
L.A, L.A., BigCity of Dreams.
Male
Loc: Downtown L.A.
Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: Phoshaman]
    #2031080 - 10/22/03 01:37 AM (18 years, 3 days ago)

GIVE US ZE MONEY LEBOWSKI!

WE BELIEVE IN NOTHING!

YZAH WE BELIEVE IN NOTHING, NOW GIVE US ZE MONEY LEBOWSKI!

--------------------

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Re: wake the FUCK up! [Re: Phoshaman]
    #2031743 - 10/22/03 09:55 AM (18 years, 2 days ago)

Heheh be careful, i was the displayed honesty without knowing that that was the greatest sin according to these guys. The truth is that, well, i care about people suffering on this planet but not enough to waste the life that i was blessed with at this moment. And im speaking from a perspective that actually matters because my childhood was everything but easy. I didnt have the oportunity to go to college like im sure many of you did. And i didnt have a choice of wether i wanted to go to jail or school. BUt i prospered and like i said if the oportunity for me to enjoy life is given to me ima take it. Maybe these guys just feel guilty because they had it good all there lives, but i dont. God, Karma or whoever the hell is out there has blessed me for my past pains. So dont condem me bacause im not out in Africa looking for a cure for AIDS.

--------------------

Offlineska8ball
anaxagoras
    #2031924 - 10/22/03 11:47 AM (18 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
i recommend you stop watching/reading the news.

Funny. My doctor told me the same thing  :smirk:
Problems with anxiety...

You're right. There's nowhere to go right now except back to nature. I can't accept that. I don't believe that technological advancement is a bad thing.

So I don't want to do that. My other options are to live here passively, or try and do soemthing about it.

I tried listening to my doc, and giving up on the world. Yeah, it was easier. Yes, I had a lot less stress. But it didn't feel right. Something pulls me back. I don't know why, but I have to help.

There's something I'm waiting for. I'm not sure when it will happen. Until then I'm content to work on the people directly around me. The changes I've encouraged already amaze me  :smile:

I know it's easy to fall in to order. Blissful ignorance. But I would appreciate it if everyone who can see the cage at least tries to get the message out. I'm not asking for anything big. Don't make a spectacle of yourself. Don't draw attention. Don't be a weirdo  :wink:

I FEEL THE SAME SOME SORT OF CHANGE WILL OCCUR IN OUR TIME THERE ARE ENOUGH OF US 

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order