Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinetnecseda
birther to none
BULLSHIT
    #3234086 - 10/08/04 05:45 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

This is a  thread to call bullshit on peoples spirtuality.this isn't flaming just as long as you give an explanation.In those terms,calling bullshit on someone is to lift the viel from their so called"spirtual path" and help them find something thats an answer,not an escape.The poll here is to indicate ifyouthink the people of this forum are bullshit ornot.also,call out to people or topics which scream bullshit to you,only if you have a reason or explanation.

:evil:.............errr not really lol. :grin:
Are the people of S&P bullshit
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (10/08/04 05:44 PM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: BULLSHIT [Re: tnecseda]
    #3234093 - 10/08/04 05:47 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

You can't really say Yes or No to the entire S&P forum on their bullshit, perhaps there should be a few shades of gray like Slightly, Mostly

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlinetnecseda
birther to none
Re: BULLSHIT [Re: Ravus]
    #3234095 - 10/08/04 05:49 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

yea the thingis,if anyone says yes,they gotta explain.cause clearly they have a problem with understanding somet things

OfflineWhiteRussian
The Silence islouder then youthink
Loc: In your head :P
    #3234099 - 10/08/04 05:50 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

No, cuz they think they are, then they are.....whos to say they are bullshit?

ex:
I can say my spiritual path is to get fucked up, whos to say its not, whos gonna prove anything, maybe i really get with my inner thoughts when im fucked up.....  :ass:

--------------------
aaaaaahhhhh

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3234111 - 10/08/04 05:54 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I voted NO simply because I think every does the best they can with what they have.

I think a lot of people are aware of loftier concepts in theory , but they havn't integrated many of them into practice yet. I can't fault them for that and I am included.

There is a lot I know that would benefit my life if I put it into regular practice. I share it anyway because maybe someone more inspired or ambitious then myself to create said change will use it.

50,000 years from now all of this will be bullshit anyway. Everyone comes here I think because directly or indirectly, they are getting something beneficial from the interaction. So, it can't be bullshit entirely.

This forum like anything else is what we as individuals make of it for ourselves. I'm glad to see that NO is getting the highest votes right now.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: BULLSHIT [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3234144 - 10/08/04 06:04 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I voted yes, but only because I like saying things are bullshit...no matter what it is. It feels good to say "Yeah that is a big bunch of bullshit."

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: BULLSHIT [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3234162 - 10/08/04 06:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

how can we say weather shroomery peoples beliefs are bullshit if all of them have totally different beliefs?

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3234166 - 10/08/04 06:08 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Considering that none of us knows reality as it is, I would say that almost all of our beliefs contain at least some elements of bullshit.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
Re: BULLSHIT [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3234175 - 10/08/04 06:10 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Mushrooms are considered to be one of the most enlightening and mind expanding of all substances classified as drugs. This forum is supposed to be the most enlightening and mind expanding of all forums in a community designated to mind expansion. None of us are really doing that great in life. We all argue and bicker on this forum like a bunch of petulant 4th graders. Humanity is doomed.

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

OfflineWhiteRussian
The Silence islouder then youthink
Loc: In your head :P
Re: BULLSHIT [Re: silversoul7]
    #3234178 - 10/08/04 06:10 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

compared to what?

--------------------
aaaaaahhhhh

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: BULLSHIT [Re: silversoul7]
    #3234182 - 10/08/04 06:12 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"how can we say weather shroomery peoples beliefs are bullshit if all of them have totally different beliefs?"

I can't. I just like saying somethings bullshit because it sounds good to do so.

Edited by Huehuecoyotl (10/08/04 08:43 PM)

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #3234316 - 10/08/04 06:54 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"None of us are really doing that great in life. We all argue and bicker on this forum like a bunch of petulant 4th graders. Humanity is doomed. "

sorry to burst your bubble man, but it might just be you. Its not all of us anyways. personally my life is pretty damn good and getting better all the time.

And Huehue, i was talkin to the guy who made the poll not you. I also like calling bullshit on things

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #3234334 - 10/08/04 06:57 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I like this forum, there's a lot of diversed beliefs and practices, but at its core I think we are a lot more similar in nature than we often believe.

Spirituality is a personal thing, there are no external scales or values to place on it. Everyone with true intent for a spiritual goal is in the process of achieving it. So, no, they aren't 'bullshit' :smile:

:heart:

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: BULLSHIT [Re: deff]
    #3234540 - 10/08/04 08:25 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

My opinion is that I think everyone believes what they write, whether it's true or not.  And you can call bullshit on me.  I don't always practice what I preach.  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: BULLSHIT [Re: deff]
    #3234584 - 10/08/04 08:43 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Bullshit.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlinekontron
captain planet
Loc: Eden
    #3234634 - 10/08/04 08:59 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

is it bullshit if you really think it is true? not to one, but to another yes.. i knew people who went out one night, and dragged me with them, claiming that the gates of hell were opened in san diego.. how convinent for them... thats where we all wrre.. of course where were they going to close these gates???? in persido park... so for 3 hours they go up to the tower with the pentagram, and role play their little hearts out, and pretend like they traveled to another dimension, and closed the gates of hell while fighting demons with their spiritual swords they formed from their mind in this other dimension. then of course i had to hear the play by play... and even though i was there the whole time, i was the only one who didnt see this other dimension... they belived it so much, and talked about it like they really did this event.... of course they could never answer the question.. why the fuck would the gates of hell, out of all places, open in san diego ca..... and why are they the only people in the world who belive their own dillusional world. it is easy to say.. your a fucking idiot.. and a lot of people are, but it is impossible to convince someone otherwise if they truly belive.. so to them they are not bullshit... you would be..

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: BULLSHIT [Re: kontron]
    #3234696 - 10/08/04 09:18 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

kontron said:
it is impossible to convince someone otherwise if they truly belive.. so to them they are not bullshit... you would be..

But that's where the problem sort of is. They can think that they are not bullshit, but they shouldn't be thinking that others are simply because they don't agree with their beliefs.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
Re: BULLSHIT [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3234719 - 10/08/04 09:26 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:
sorry to burst your bubble man, but it might just be you. Its not all of us anyways. personally my life is pretty damn good and getting better all the time.

Yeah so you keep saying. See though I know it's difficult to get perspective on yourself, especially when you believe you're becoming Christlike as you've claimed in the past but you come off one of the most conceited people on these forums. You keep making posts declaring how wonderful your life is in every way (despite spending so much time smoking grass and reading an internet messageboard). You keep telling us all how handsome and rich you are, what you'd tell women who weren't attractive enough to get you up. Gleefully explaining how you can break peoples bones using Judo.

One of the most important paths on the spiritual journey is gaining humility. That's even agreed on by almost all religions. I know you're still young but there's certain fundamental virtues you've got a long way to go in that are more important than what you keep bragging about.

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: BULLSHIT [Re: question_for_joo]
    #3234995 - 10/08/04 10:47 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

You made a good point out of why I am on the no path path. This path business just sets up unrealistic expectations for ourselves and others.

If anyone has any expectations like that of me, drop them now. I like being a flawed human. Perfection is boring and collects dust. There's no such thing anyway. Anything can be improved upon with inspiration and inovation.

I'm a work in progress with on and off days and thats how I see everyone. Like white russian said somewhere, we all have different spiritual goals so its not fair to judge others by our own goals.

Most of the people here are trying to ascend and bust out. I'm going the opposite way and sometimes back and forth for fun.

Hue, you crack me up. It is fun to say "Thats bullshit!"

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: BULLSHIT [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3235051 - 10/08/04 11:06 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hey moonshoe,

I guess you got to experience that cucumber up the bum questionforjoo keeps talking about it.

Do you feel more enlightened now?

This place is funny. What a cast of characters! S&P  :cheers: Drinks are on me!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies