Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Martial Arts for Spirtual poiposes... [Re: Oook]
    #2046915 - 10/27/03 09:08 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

How exactly, is UFC 'queer'? Full contact, no-holds-barred, mixed martial arts/submission wrestling is not "queer". Who wins is not based on the appearance of performance, it's whoever submits the other person (ie..tapping out) or simply beats the living crap out of them.

I'd like to see you get in the octagon with Randy Courtre, Vitor Belfort, or one of the Gracies. Yeah.. and what about Pride? Is that queer too?  :shake:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheCow
Stranger

Re: Martial Arts for Spirtual poiposes... [Re: Shroomism]
    #2046945 - 10/27/03 09:26 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"1958 (Age 18): - Bruce enters the 1958 Boxing Championships and defeats the reigning three year champion, Gary Elms."
Honestly I have no clue what you are talking about when you said he entered a competition and lost. He was in Ed Parkers kenpo tournament thing, but there was no real fighting there, it was to show off moves. He first showed off his one inch punch there.

I still say he was the greatest ever. And I say this because, most earlier martial artists were limited by their style, he was not.

"1970 (Age 30): Los Angeles - Bruce injures his sacral nerve and experiences severe muscle spasms in his back while training. Doctors told him that he would never kick again. During the months of recovery he starts to document his training methods and his philosophy of Jeet Kune Do. Later after his death, The Tao of Jeet Kune Do is published by his wife in memory of Bruce Lee. "
This is what you were talking about, however he injured it training. Bruce Lee ran a legitimate martial arts school for many years. People such as Dan Inosanto, Chuck Norris, Kareem Abdul Jabar attended. I doubt you know who dan inosanto is, but he is an extremely famous martial artist. So please actually learn about Bruce before you bash him. Jet Li is well...a good martial artist in some ways. I believe he studied in the chinese opera and learned martial arts that way. Bruce Lee learned it from the most famous Wing Chun instructor, on the streets of China, to protect his own life.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Martial Arts for Spirtual poiposes... [Re: TheCow]
    #2046969 - 10/27/03 09:46 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yes.. Bruce didn't claim one style.. he used whatever was most efficient. Adaptable, and that was his greatest advantage. Mixed martial arts? That was Bruce's idea.

--------------------

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Re: Martial Arts for Spirtual poiposes... [Re: lucid]
    #2048759 - 10/27/03 09:14 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i suggest checking out aikido. but a lot of teachers dont know what aikido is really about. it's about feeling forces, and understanding how to manipulate them, exerting a minimal amount of your own force. you need a good understanding of anatomy and physics to be a great aikido master. My Sensei is a fuckin genius, lol, but i don't think most are as good as him

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Martial Arts for Spirtual poiposes... [Re: entiformatie]
    #2049763 - 10/28/03 04:31 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

> Doctors told him that he would never kick again.

The person that taught me Thai boxing was told by doctors on three seperate occasions that he would never walk again. (Broken Knee, etc). At 35 years old, he fought for the world championship, but lost. He was ranked 6th in the world at the time. The fight was voted the best fight of the year in Japan. With a strong soul, the ability for the body to heal itself is limited only by the mind.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Re: Martial Arts for Spirtual poiposes... [Re: Seuss]
    #2049929 - 10/28/03 07:15 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I am going to take martial arts so that I can " BE the mushroom." hehe

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Martial Arts for Spirtual poiposes... [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #2050064 - 10/28/03 09:11 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

> I am going to take martial arts so that I can " BE the mushroom."

You already are the mushroom... open your eyes and see.

--------------------

Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
    #2050200 - 10/28/03 10:42 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
the ability for the body to heal itself is limited only by the mind. 

How about the ability for the mind to heal itself ? :frown:

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Martial Arts for Spirtual poiposes... [Re: lucid]
    #2050221 - 10/28/03 10:51 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

> How about the ability for the mind to heal itself ?

Body, mind, and soul all complement one another. One cannot be healthy without the rest.

--------------------

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

#2050297 - 10/28/03 11:27 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I would disagree with that statement immensely. Steven Hawking has a wonderful mind, not so wonderful a body. Many gang members have marvelously fit bodies, however their souls need some work.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Martial Arts for Spirtual poiposes... [Re: TheCow]
    #2051311 - 10/28/03 06:26 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I agree with Seuss.. but perhaps he could have worded it differently. Body, mind and soul are part of a unit. Our physical earthly experience. They should be in harmony with each other, but this is not always the case. Especially in a society where we are taught to seperate emotions from work..logic.. etc.. where physical appearance is often seen as more important than soulwork.. etc.. this unit can become off balance.

But there is more to it than just having the trilogy in perfect harmony. Sure, that is the goal..but to get there we must learn. We learn by making mistakes, by experiencing..
Someone such as Steven Hawking, who can barely use his body, had to overcome that somehow. Perhaps this contributed to his massive development of mind, in fact I'm pretty sure it did. Where you will hear about blind people having all of their other senses heightened, the same situation applies here.

Mind, body, and spirit are indeed connected, though that may not be outwardly apparent to our conscious. There are many levels of life experiences occuring, and we are all on seperate, yet parallel and intertwining paths of evolution. To explain each situation would require detailed analysis of that particular entities mind/body/spirit complex.

The end result is that they will become balanced and harmonized eventually. That process is achieved through experience and learning. Even if your body does not work 'right', or your soul is in desperate need of help.. does not mean that the connection is not there. You are still a spiritual being incarnate into physical matter, and your body is still working to keep you on the physical plane..something must be working.

There are many factors involved which would require an entire book to explain. But suffice it to say that we all have those three things, and the goal of putting them all into balance with each other, regardless of limitations.. is a fine and noble human objective.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract