Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Physical deprivation necessary for spirtual learning? [Re: Zahid]
    #2744605 - 05/29/04 02:46 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I'm just not sure what it is with you...

What does your uncertainty tell us? What's up with the total fascination with me? This thread is about deprivation, not the Swamerator.  :tongue:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (05/29/04 08:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Physical deprivation necessary for spirtual learning? [Re: Swami]
    #2744645 - 05/29/04 02:56 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

This thread is not about deprivation, not the Swamerator.

You couldn't help yourself, could you.

:rolleyes:

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #2745419 - 05/29/04 10:59 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

As promised, here is the second installment:

Both men barely have time to catch their breaths when a second, more forceful gale hits. The impact is unbelievable. As they lock arms around the post, Markos utters a silent prayer. The irresistible winds sweeps anything not tied down past the two- battering their bodies relentlessly. Swami's feathered hat being gone, Markos notices for the first time the large bald spot. Markos' robe fills with air like a balloon just before joining Swami's hat in the river.

Suddenly, inexplicably, the wind stops. Familiar with the science of meteorology, Swami barks, "Quick, get below it's only the center!" Before the two have a chance to reach the doors, the wind begins to return.

It was at that moment that the miracle occured.

With a flash of white light, a golden rope ladder appears above the men stretching down to the deck. Somehow the ladder is unaffected by the wind, hanging motionless.

Markos asks Swami with a half smile, "Do you see it?" Swami, being a man without faith, grudgingly answers "Yes. What is it?" (While awaiting the answer, Swami begins calculating his next move-one he will have to make within seconds).. Markos proudly answers, "It is traditionaly known as the antakhara or 'rope of God'. Let me begin by giving you a quick history of the word and the concept. The tradition of calling the antakhara a rope in an earthly sense is derivative of the spiritual sense. The word in Greek is said by many legends to simply represent "rope", however the word "antakharana" in Hebrew revealingly is translated in the tomes I have personally read as "bridge" or "bridge to God.." "My God man there is no tim.." Swami half shouts as the wind pries and lifts both men off the deck hurtling them towards the river below.

As he is flown over the water Swami notices two things - 1) Markos is still talking. 2) He makes a mental note of the location where his money bag went down. He drifts to shore on a piece of foating debris from the riverboat, fading in and out of consciousness. After making an assessment of his injuries- the most serious being a partially collapsed lung and broken leg- he makes his way into town and is immediately recognized by the wrong man- a man who felt he was swindled out of his life savings. His attempt to take cover fails due to his lack of speed brought about by the injuries. It was all he could do to walk, let alone run. Swami is gunned down in the street. Fade to black.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Re: Physical deprivation necessary for spirtual learning? [Re: Jellric]
    #2745506 - 05/30/04 12:02 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Final installment:

Swami awoke lying in a bed in a small home, covered in bandages. For the next few weeks he is cared for by a young man named Fredrick S. Clorsh and his fiance', Mary. Over time Freddy grows close to Swami, perhaps due to the fact that Freddy grew up without a father and the older man's street smarts, and quick wit are endearing. Tragically, all his efforts are for naught; his patient contracts pneumonia and dies after a valiant struggle. His final words were, "What the hell was that all about?". Freddy is saddened and feels forever cheated out of a chance to really know this character and what he could teach him! However, he was able to recover Swami's money bag and lived well from it for many years.

As for Markos, he is washed ashore on the far side of the river half-drowned and unconscious. As the locals pull him to shore, no one finds it unusual that he is wearing the robe of a clergyman. For many years afterwards, Markos continues to travel and preach and you know what? As much as he looks down upon that rogouish sinner, Swami- he does at times find himself missing his company.

In the latter years of his life, Markos grows a long, white beard and is constantly told of his resemblance to Old Testament prophets. He is not altogether displeased at this. In his final years he settles down and founds a successful church, then takes a semi-retired role as a respected advisor and resident scholar. Death does not catch him until 23 long years after that fateful day on the river. He dies of a freak accident in his study when a bookcase overloaded with theological tomes overturns, crushing him. Before he dies he whispers to his assistant, Zahim, "Do not defend my memory, defend my message. Remember, God is no respector of persons". And somewhat cryptically, "Look for the golden thread."

Markos stands up. No. He more than stands up- he springs to his feet! He finds himself in a foggy tunnel at the end of which is a bright white light. He walks at first, then finds that he merely has to will himself to move and he effortlessly floats to the end of the tunnel where he is met by his departed family members and friends who pre-date even that. Moving past them, he spots a man with a twinkle in his eye and a huge grin on his face.

"Swam, we meet again."

Both men look at each other for a long moment and began laughing uproarously.

"I see you've discovered a sense of humor."

Markos froze for a moment, only to laugh even louder this time!

Markos looked at Swami, and with a twinkle in his eye said, "Please provide proof that this realm exists."

Swami tried to hold it in, but he felt his stomach start to shake and the vibrations quickly spread up his chest to his throat and he let out a laugh so loud it would hurt. (That is if there were such a thing as pain anymore).

Walking a foot off the ether, both men turned and entered into that realm. "Markos, you simply must meet Arkon. Look! Here he comes now." After the introductions, Arkon strode towards the river Lethe, the river of forgetfullness all must enter before rebirth. Swami took note of this, asking Arkon, "So what name will you take this time?" "James. James Randi. Can you believe that? Two first names!" Arkon shook his head and chuckled, then reluctantly dove in.

Later, Markos and Swami themselves re-entered the river Lethe, going down the waterfall Swami makes an enormous effort, "I WILL remember this place this time! I will!!"

The water falls, the two spirits fall, and some where, some place two mother's water breaks.

I wonder where they are now?

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2745519 - 05/30/04 12:13 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Brilliant Conjurations

--------------------

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #2746206 - 05/30/04 09:49 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #2746898 - 05/30/04 01:27 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Good job Jellric.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2747401 - 05/30/04 04:43 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I was with you until you mentioned my bald spot...

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

#2747686 - 05/30/04 07:29 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

You still came out better than Markos in that scene- his whole robe blew off.
But for only $89.85 or three easy payments of $29.95, I would be glad to have the part you mentioned "edited".

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2748645 - 05/31/04 12:24 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Jell, that took a lot of effort and time to write that, and I appreciated it.  Laughter still emitting.  :grin:  :lol:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Re: Physical deprivation necessary for spirtual learning? [Re: Frog]
    #2749057 - 05/31/04 02:54 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks Frog, I will be happy to send you an autographed copy for only $24.95 so keep that in mind!

If you act now, I will also include free of charge a green-velvet Prosperity Prayer Cloth personally prayed over by me. I blessed it, autographed it, and prayed really hard over it.

P.S. How do you like my paragraphs?

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2749076 - 05/31/04 03:13 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Without even going back to check on your paragraphs, they must have been fine.  Disclaimer:  If the paragraphs were big, then it must be because the story was so interesting that I was able to read it.  :grin:

As to the purchase price, I would like to purchase 500 copies at the price you stated in your offer, but the transaction must occur by 2:15 California time.  If you respond by 2:15 CA time, I will deposit a cashier's check in any account of your choice by 2:16, CA time.

If you don't respond by the designated time, the transaction is hereby deemed cancelled of it's own free will.  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #2749093 - 05/31/04 03:29 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

" "Please provide proof that this realm exists." "

haha best line EVER in this context... great narative! , and imagination

I am sure it goes something like that after we die, but all we have are the NDExperiences and accounts of the 'spirit guides'...

I think some of them are true

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies