Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineillusions
peace not greed
learn to use your mind before it uses you
    #2258334 - 01/20/04 11:44 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

im not too good at explaining things, which is probably the reason why i don't post too often, but i feel that it's very important for me to share this. so ill try to express my view the best i can...

the mind, from my point of view, is the biggest obstacle to self realization.  although it is only a collection of past memories and experiences, many take it to be an important part of themselves.  this, is the biggest mistake anyone can make. 

the mind is merely a tool, meant to be used when needed.  although we may not realize it, we've become addicted to using the mind for the wrong reasons:  pointless, harmful, and energy draining thoughts and worries. 

instead of dwelling on the past and worrying about the future, we should learn to live in the present and experience life as it comes.  and just know that you're a spiritual being having a physical experience.

but most important, learn to use your mind for the right reasons and only when needed.  focus on the present and observe everything around you.  by shifting the focus of your consiousness away from your mind you will see your true self.

learn to use your mind before it uses you!

well, i hope i made some sense.
please reply and share your views.

--------------------
we were born into the world of nature.
when we die, we are born into the world of spirit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: learn to use your mind before it uses you [Re: illusions]
    #2258408 - 01/21/04 12:06 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Offlineceephax
Tapeworm

Loc: Gastrointestinal track
    #2258419 - 01/21/04 12:08 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Aye.
I think you mean "ego" or how you react and act around other people, which then translates over into how you think because in this society, we're around people all the time. Focusing on the present is analogous to the practice of meditation.

--------------------
What am I saying? I'm not even Chinese!

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2258630 - 01/21/04 12:57 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

illusions said:
im not too good at explaining things, which is probably the reason why i don't post too often, but i feel that it's very important for me to share this. so ill try to express my view the best i can...

Well, after reading this post, I think it would be a shame if you didn't post more often. 

Quote:

the mind, from my point of view, is the biggest obstacle to self realization.  although it is only a collection of past memories and experiences, many take it to be an important part of themselves.  this, is the biggest mistake anyone can make. 

I totally agree with this.  I have personal experience from which to draw.  Based on what happened to me in childhood, I was stuck from becoming who I am now because I was unable to "unstick" myself from those memories.  Those memories defined who I was. 

Once I put those memories into perspective and made sense of them, I put them behind me, and I was able to start growing as a spiritual being (as yet to be defined). 

Quote:

the mind is merely a tool, meant to be used when needed.  although we may not realize it, we've become addicted to using the mind for the wrong reasons:  pointless, harmful, and energy draining thoughts and worries. 

Well, I agree with this.  At the church I used to attend, the pastor was constantly teaching people to stop worrying because they didn't need to, based on what was taught in the bible. 

I wondered why he kept teaching the same message over and over, until I realized that most people are either mulling over yesterday's regrets or worrying about what the future will bring. 

They don't live for "today", because of their worries, and therefore they cut themselves off from their potential.

Quote:

instead of dwelling on the past and worrying about the future, we should learn to live in the present and experience life as it comes.  and just know that you're a spiritual being having a physical experience.

That is what I learned a year and 3/4 ago.  This is just a physical experience.  As long as it may seem that we inhabit these physical bodies, it's really just a speck of time. 

That's why I don't feel like material things matter, any more.  How long will I have them?  What's more important?  Going after what is spiritual or going after materialism? 

Quote:

but most important, learn to use your mind for the right reasons and only when needed.  focus on the present and observe everything around you.  by shifting the focus of your consiousness away from your mind you will see your true self.

Which is why I often talk about "signs", ad nauseum.  I think when I stopped worrying about my future, I was able to see the present more clearly, and I am frequently able to see "signs" as to what it is I'm supposed to do. 

Quote:

learn to use your mind before it uses you!

well, i hope i made some sense.
please reply and share your views.

You made perfect sense, and I totally relate to your comments.  :thumbup:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlineillusions
peace not greed
Re: learn to use your mind before it uses you [Re: Frog]
    #2260879 - 01/21/04 07:18 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

thanx frog...
i know what you mean by "As long as it may seem that we inhabit these physical bodies, it's really just a speck of time. " and i couldnt agree more.

--------------------
we were born into the world of nature.
when we die, we are born into the world of spirit.

OfflineHefex78
Male
*DELETED* [Re: ceephax]
    #2271257 - 01/25/04 10:32 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted. Reason for deletion: Confidential.

Edited by Wa7sum (10/03/07 07:44 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder