Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1595 | 1596 | 1597 | 1598 | 1599 | 1600 | 1601 | 1602 | 1603 | 1604 | 1605 | 1606 | 1607 | 1608 | 1609 | 1610 | 1611 | 1612 | 1613 | 1614 | 1615 |
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: bloodssonnew] * 6
    #29669168 -

Wooohooo, yummy concentric rings I'd say these look clean.
My first attempt to clean a culture has proven a success :thumbup:
MSS -> water agar -> agar -> agar.






































Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: BadgerFriend] * 1
    #29669172 -

:nice:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: BadgerFriend]
    #29669219 -

Looks good…but….

What’s the Tw?

Also they look heavily fed. What’s your recipe?

Edited by dextr0 (09/15/26 12:40 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: dextr0]
    #29669246 -

Tidal wave id assume


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: bloodssonnew]
    #29669250 -

The other two are labeled TW as well only that one has a ? On it is why I ask.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: dextr0] * 1
    #29669367 -

Tidal Wave yes, my bad:p
They are high nutrient malt extract with peptone out of a "random agar" pack I bought.
I'm waiting for a new pressure cooker.
I've had good success making potato dextrose agar and will be making more, along with malt extract when my pressure cooker arrives.
I understand the general consensus on peptone being only really useful to cultivate bacteria but I thought it may be useful as it might give more of a chance for bacteria to grow, if there's any.

My hand writing never improved past the age of 8 haha, they are all labeled "TW" or at least in my mind they are....
One has a question mark because I made a questionable manuevere during the transfer so I marked it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: BadgerFriend]
    #29669528 -

BadgerFriend said:
Tidal Wave yes, my bad:p
They are high nutrient malt extract with peptone out of a "random agar" pack I bought.
I'm waiting for a new pressure cooker.
I've had good success making potato dextrose agar and will be making more, along with malt extract when my pressure cooker arrives.
I understand the general consensus on peptone being only really useful to cultivate bacteria but I thought it may be useful as it might give more of a chance for bacteria to grow, if there's any.

My hand writing never improved past the age of 8 haha, they are all labeled "TW" or at least in my mind they are....
One has a question mark because I made a questionable manuevere during the transfer so I marked it.



Reminds me of the growth I have when I used bee pollen in my agar.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: dextr0]
    #29669904 -

That makes sense I believe they're both used in similar scenarios, did the mycelium start buzzing?:rofl:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: BadgerFriend]
    #29670157 -

No just was very thick and seemed to be packed with nutrients. Very similar to the growth you have going on.

I actually got the idea from an old post here on shroomery. I’ve always been big into anything agar and figured I’d try it.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/2304839#2304839

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: dextr0] * 1
    #29670514 -

I'm already loving how agar eliminates a lot of guess work and reveals the flaws in your technique.

Accidentally had a bunch of bacteria land on a plate I was inoculating so I'm going to use it as an opportunity to learn cabin sequestering. :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: pinkpuddles]
    #29670675 -

Anyone willing to give a professional opinion on these APE plates? I feel like they look clean, but so did my last attempt at APEs and I had 4/4 tubs succumbed to the green death.

Original germ plate:


First two transfers (did doubles in single plates, cut from different colonies)
Plate 1 (T1)


Plate 2 (T2)


Later transfers from the germ plate after it grew out a bit more:

Plate 3 (T1) - This one seems... fluffy all over? Reminds me of pic from a thread on contam that was apparently bacterial.


Plate 4 (T1)


I feel like they look clean, but I just haven't developed the experience to trust myself yet, and I'd like to not waste time on another grow that went 100% south.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: FITMK]
    #29670771 -

They look pretty darn clean to me

Kuddos for using a backlight:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: pinkpuddles]
    #29670810 -

pinkpuddles said:
I'm already loving how agar eliminates a lot of guess work and reveals the flaws in your technique.

Accidentally had a bunch of bacteria land on a plate I was inoculating so I'm going to use it as an opportunity to learn cabin sequestering. :cool:



:snoopyes:

FITMK said:
Anyone willing to give a professional opinion on these APE plates? I feel like they look clean, but so did my last attempt at APEs and I had 4/4 tubs succumbed to the green death.

Original germ plate:


First two transfers (did doubles in single plates, cut from different colonies)
Plate 1 (T1)


Plate 2 (T2)


Later transfers from the germ plate after it grew out a bit more:

Plate 3 (T1) - This one seems... fluffy all over? Reminds me of pic from a thread on contam that was apparently bacterial.


Plate 4 (T1)


I feel like they look clean, but I just haven't developed the experience to trust myself yet, and I'd like to not waste time on another grow that went 100% south.



APE can do some weird things on plates and I really haven't found a pattern with them yet, so whenever I feel something is off I do what pinkpuddles is about to do, cabin sequestering. If they still come out doing weird things, but looks clean I just send a wedge to a jar and see how it acts on grains.

If it colonized within a normal time frame I spawn it to coir and clone the best looking fruit to start over with a new culture. I'm still finding my way with this variety, as they seem to act a little different then other cubes I've done, but we'll get there :rockon:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Edited by Kloakk (09/16/26 11:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Kloakk]
    #29671155 -

Kloakk said:
APE can do some weird things on plates and I really haven't found a pattern with them yet, so whenever I feel something is off I do what pinkpuddles is about to do, cabin sequestering. If they still come out doing weird things, but looks clean I just send a wedge to a jar and see how it acts on grains.

If it colonized within a normal time frame I spawn it to coir and clone the best looking fruit to start over with a new culture. I'm still finding my way with this variety, as they seem to act a little different then other cubes I've done, but we'll get there :rockon:



I think i’ll just send all the transfers and keep a record of which jars came from which plates. The original germ plate still looks clean (seems lucky), ill put it in the fridge and if i have to go back to zero ill start with a CS transfer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: FITMK] * 1
    #29671180 -

FITMK said:
I think i’ll just send all the transfers and keep a record of which jars came from which plates. The original germ plate still looks clean (seems lucky), ill put it in the fridge and if i have to go back to zero ill start with a CS transfer.



Sounds good, only thing I want to add is that I haven't had good results storing plates in the fridge, they always end up with a lot of condensation and it will end up dripping on the mycelium, and sometimes they recover slugish.

Double wrap the plate and put in a ziplock and keep it at room temperature is what I would do.


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Kloakk] * 1
    #29671538 -

Kloakk said:
Sounds good, only thing I want to add is that I haven't had good results storing plates in the fridge, they always end up with a lot of condensation and it will end up dripping on the mycelium, and sometimes they recover slugish.

Double wrap the plate and put in a ziplock and keep it at room temperature is what I would do.



Ahh, good tip, thank you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: FITMK]
    #29671662 -



Atl t2 looking good🥳



And t1 of what I believe is kamodo bvii or some kinda wispy mold unsure still lol



--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Edited by bloodssonnew (09/17/26 11:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: bloodssonnew] * 1
    #29671711 -

hello everyone, I'm brand new 😅 I have a few questions.

Would u all send either one of these plates? I circled the questionable areas.

Plate A


Plate B











The parts circled parts remind me of this obvious contamination:











and here's a pure culture of the yucky white mold for reference:












  • Also is there an amount of myc i wanna see on the agar before I put it to grain?

  • Also, these points of contamination didn't show for days; is there an amount of time I should let a culture grow before I put it to grain?

  • Also, why do you guys think it took so long for the myc to appear contaminated?



okthxbai


--------------------
idrk how I got here or what I'm here for but I  keep waking up with this biological urge to not die✨

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: skrimplet]
    #29671793 -

Plate B looks like contamed in the area you circled

Plate A is questionable but close to perfect

I would take leading edge wedges from both plates and clean them up on new agar plates

Plate A you could probably send it tho IMO

Edited by langten69 (09/18/26 04:27 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: langten69] * 3
    #29673604 -









Whole lotta sus, maybe some good, we will see


--------------------
𝕴𝖋 𝕴 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝖋𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖎𝖘 𝖇𝖞 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖚𝖕𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝕲𝖎𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖘
:drugnerd: TekDeck        Autist Tally :laugh:

"Mother Mycelium, I wandered in the darkness of unmarked plates and forgotten codes. Enlighten me with clarity and discipline, that every jar and dish shall bear its true name."

"Luminous Logos, I faltered in my shorthand faith. Grant me the diligence to record in full, and the foresight to recall every meaning with certainty."

-Father LewDoja

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1595 | 1596 | 1597 | 1598 | 1599 | 1600 | 1601 | 1602 | 1603 | 1604 | 1605 | 1606 | 1607 | 1608 | 1609 | 1610 | 1611 | 1612 | 1613 | 1614 | 1615 |

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,832 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,698 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,321 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,934 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,691 3 10/29/05 07:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,296 75 02/12/21 05:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
775,196 topic views. 16 members, 65 guests and 192 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.047 seconds spending 0.024 seconds on 16 queries.