Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3878 | 3879 | 3880 | 3881 | 3882 | 3883 | 3884 | 3885 | 3886 | 3887 | 3888 | 3889 | 3890 | 3891 | 3892 | 3893 | 3894 | 3895 | 3896 | 3897 | 3898 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: droner66]
    #29638330 -

droner66 said:
When mixing water agar agar should it be totaly disolved, I'm seeing lots of sediment. Formula is 10g/500ml distilled water.



Sediment in water plates :confused2: Maybe you burned the agar agar :strokebeard:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Kloakk]
    #29638353 -

Kloakk said:
droner66 said:
When mixing water agar agar should it be totaly disolved, I'm seeing lots of sediment. Formula is 10g/500ml distilled water.



Sediment in water plates :confused2: Maybe you burned the agar agar :strokebeard:



Should there be no sediment when mixed properly is my question?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: droner66]
    #29638361 -

there will always be a little sediment. It depends on the amount of lme or me added. not ususally agar but i could be wrong there. You can add less nutes if you're getting too much sediment. Most people are using far too much, anyway.


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fiddle_head] * 1
    #29638375 -

The nice thing about higher nutrients though is that it'll help draw out contaminations

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fiddle_head] * 1
    #29638377 -

fiddle_head said:
Mateja said:


When it comes to growing molds we all practically know nothing :shrug:




There are a few of us who know a lot about molds and mildews.



fiddle_head said:
Mateja said:


When it comes to growing molds we all practically know nothing :shrug:




There are a few of us who know a lot about molds and mildews.



For as long as Iv'e been on this forum there has always been posters that (compared to the average growers) over the years have gathered impressive data/knowledge about basically any type of more specialized genre of Mush Cult, that includes mold. We've had folks that used to worked in labs dealing with contams" there's been those that just always had a much broader understanding of it due to their school days and study, and of course those that simply just put in the time and effort to gather vast knowledge aboutstuff that simply isnt (by any standards) required to know to be able to grow shrooms for decades.

This is the "knowing nothing" which Kloak and myself are referring to, someone shows you a pic of a very old messy agar plate and all you see is that cant be just cube mycelium that looks like something growing on it, because unless youre able to positively identify a very wide variety of very rare molds on the spot then you belong to the "know nothing" category, of course i would assume that everyone understand hyperbolic statements like that when making a point that also isreflected in the vast vast majority of us here.


I know far from "absolutely nothing" about molds and Im sure that goes for 50-90% of long time growers here, we can spot bacterial stuff, name a handful or dozen of the most common types, even have a bit offuseful info about radial growth rates at different temps, its impossible to not know literally anything lol and even weirded to assume that because I personally dont spent great deal of time studying certain things that its impossible for others to study that. :typing::cheers:



I TRIED TO BE PUNNY AND CLEVER :crazy2::begger::mushroom2:


--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub with optimal Surface Conditions

Edited by Mateja (08/02/26 08:09 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Azule]
    #29638380 -

Azule said:
It might be me :wink:




Thats actually impressive how a tiny organism is able to psysically produce such massive chunk of biomass that isnt even a part of the organism (before anyone quotes me here) what I mean is Imaging a young 10foot high apple tree one day produced exactly one huge weird apple that is so massive that all you see is the apple when you look at it.


Its actually insane that it on top of that is able to generate that from inside a very limited envirenment where conditions are far from optimal as well as limited space and nutrients.


Now it makes me wonder if a liquid culture (that waight say 100g) theoretically would be able to produce a fruit that weighs say 200lbs if kept it a 200lbs of broth (because 90-95% water) unlimited supply of water would have to mean that the potential at least is there if the organism didnt get depleted of essentialhormones, chemicals and what not that it needs for growth. super weird to think about. People are already cloning pumpkins and what not the size of cars,

:bongload:


--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub with optimal Surface Conditions

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Azule]
    #29638386 -

were you trying to grow it in (i assume LC?) or did it just happen to fruit after colonizing the entire broth? Like whats the deal here, anything special in recipe or just standard LC?

Im actually curious becasue to me nowadays "standard" clear LC broth means 0.1 - 0.2% of malt  in water, many years ago "normal LC" would be precisely 20-40X more nutrient dense becasue id  add 2% malt, so this is why im asking, how much food was there in that specific LC? :takingnotes:


--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub with optimal Surface Conditions

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mateja]
    #29638393 -

I was just sayin some of us know about molds and stuff. One of them is Nichrome, there are a few others who get into it, but I'm not one of them.


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mateja]
    #29638395 -

I did some pasteurized straw yesterday, but I forgot to drain it.

Draining now. Pasteurized slightly below 80 Celsius.

Any risks or should it be usable?


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Huskies]
    #29638402 -

It'll be fine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fiddle_head] * 1
    #29638408 -

fiddle_head said:
I was just sayin some of us know about molds and stuff. One of them is Nichrome, there are a few others who get into it, but I'm not one of them.



I forgot to add to the reply it was actully good that we cleared that up becasue otherwise I wouldnt have known that Nichrome (in shroomery 2026 edition) is the one widely accepted as the go to Authority on molds :cheers::typing:

Havent been on this site very much at all in since 2020, am still catching up on everyone I didnt know about in the past, mainly going through posters "Main Threads" and looking for journals, I dont have time to read the entire Mush Cult board for the last 6 years so I closely follow only around 10 old popular threads and look for potential interesting growers that have documented interesting stuff and done a very detailed useful writeup for example.


I guess I have to stop assuming everyone just knows exactly what I meant when I word it in a way that could be interpreted as completely different than what was writted (or interpreted precisely as I wrote it, half serious very unfactual) :eatingout:



And Idk who said something about the batsignal but now every time I read the name "Nichrome"  I get a quick flash of darked winged creatures, idk if its that or if I hear the NA.nanananana.nanana" tune somewhere in the back of my thought :laugh2:


That subliminal programming/associating can be powerful at times :lol:


--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub with optimal Surface Conditions

Edited by Mateja (08/02/26 08:39 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mateja]
    #29638433 -

Reading up on pans (Tree Frog, Baba, and others), and having just gotten my first pan cyan print, will be pouring some 0.5% plates in the morning. Question is- is it worth making a sleeve of water agar as well, maybe at least for germinating?

Second question- is there an advantage to lower nute or water agar for germination in general?

I've just messed with cubes up to now, and germinate either on BRF pucks or regular 2% plates with no particular issues.


--------------------

Edited by bluescreen (08/02/26 09:28 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome]
    #29638434 -

hey guys, what do you all think about the no soak no simmer method? is it good? i'm thinking of doing it with oats in my 12 psi pressure cooker. will it work?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Chiron098]
    #29638438 -

Chiron098 said:
hey guys, what do you all think about the no soak no simmer method? is it good? i'm thinking of doing it with oats in my 12 psi pressure cooker. will it work?



Ive never soaked rye seeds and I believe most growers just rinse them and boil/simmer and then dry them quickly before loading the jars and it works great.


That being said there have always been growers that have had great success as well with soaking grain for a day or so, the duration of these soaks will vary from grower to grower, if they use cold or warm water,  the point is you might get information overload if you try sifting through every claim but if you ask for how to just simmer/boil dry grains and when to load the jars you'll get quick but detailed steps of the process without too muchinformation and it's the quickest way as well. :thumbup:


--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub with optimal Surface Conditions

Edited by Mateja (08/02/26 09:31 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mateja]
    #29638445 -

Mateja said:
were you trying to grow it in (i assume LC?) or did it just happen to fruit after colonizing the entire broth? Like whats the deal here, anything special in recipe or just standard LC?

Im actually curious becasue to me nowadays "standard" clear LC broth means 0.1 - 0.2% of malt  in water, many years ago "normal LC" would be precisely 20-40X more nutrient dense becasue id  add 2% malt, so this is why im asking, how much food was there in that specific LC? :takingnotes:



I just got bored with growing cubes and forgot about it. I think it was 0,5% LME, or sth like that

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mateja]
    #29638446 -

edit: accidentally double posted the same post clicking too fast idk


--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub with optimal Surface Conditions

Edited by Mateja (08/02/26 10:03 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mateja]
    #29638447 -

Chiron098 said:
hey guys, what do you all think about the no soak no simmer method? is it good? i'm thinking of doing it with oats in my 12 psi pressure cooker. will it work?





Also I've done a bunch of experimenting long time ago where I was transferring and saving agar dishes which I specifically have been inoculating with specific and different kinds of very commontypes of mold/yiest/bacteria that I would occasionally encounter in my cube agar cultures, id sample bacteria from smelly grains, molds from substrates and so on.

The molds I was fairly certain were all different species because they all looked different and, grew and at different rates on agar, they sporulated differently and so on. the bacterial samples I had im pretty sure I had a few different bacteria species, some would cause very distingushed marks and wet spots on the agar, some would always leave some jellowish residue on agar, and others would affect the plate medium in their own way.



What I eventually did was cook a whole bunch of LC's all jars poured from the same big original broth I made so that its identical in all jars. One thing that surprised me that I never would have guessed unless I did this was I had no clue that (seemingly every bacteria I had on these plates) would completely/fully colonize a ifreshly sterilized LC in a matter of hours, the quickest times I noted was around 5h i think, that Is I take a sterile syringe and ever so gently just tap the bacterial agar with the tip of the needle and then gently only touch the surface of the LC broth for in under a second and close the lid and place them in a shelf. How i know the bacteria fully colozed each time in mere hours is the broths would ge from basically transparrent, you could clearly see objects far away in your home in detail looking through these. Then hors later in some cases you would barely be able to see your fingers through the jars holding them :shrug:



A whole different story with molds tho, some grew many times faster than others on agar, and this was roughly true for their comparative rates of growth in LC\s as well, but regardless which mold I grew they could never fully colonize qt jar LC's that have 500ml broth in them in less than week, many times they would be balls of mold myc that seemed to remain dormant and then pick up speed for a day or two then slow down again and so on, but Bacteria is so much more efficient when it comes to multiplying itself and sporulating and colonizing environments that knowing what I know now Id be reluctant to soak my grains for a day or even half a day knowing that a few hundreds spores can turn into billions during the time you go out with your friends and then come home again later in the day.



Whats worse bacteria unlike mold can switch themselves back and forth between being live cells and dormant spores, they have slightly differing trick when they do this some will create separate spores outside themselves, some will just divide itself into two compartments but remain a single "body" spore-cell simultaneously, they really weird like that and multiply like nothing molds could ever dream of. Just something to consider :bongload:


--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub with optimal Surface Conditions

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome]
    #29638455 -

Pan Cope grain spawn, does one of these look contaminated?

Edited by NuxFlegative (08/02/26 10:18 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mateja]
    #29638479 -

but is no soak no simmer i'm asking about. you put the correct ratio of grain and water inside a jar, close it and run on the PC for the time you want.

so you don't boil, you don't soak, you don't simmer. just put water and grain in the jar and goes directly into sterilization.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Chiron098]
    #29638482 -

I do no prep with millet. It works well if you have the grain and water dialed in and can shake IMMEDIATELY.

Haven’t done it with other grains though.

Edited by Splittinghairs (08/02/26 11:05 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3878 | 3879 | 3880 | 3881 | 3882 | 3883 | 3884 | 3885 | 3886 | 3887 | 3888 | 3889 | 3890 | 3891 | 3892 | 3893 | 3894 | 3895 | 3896 | 3897 | 3898 | | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,852 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,238 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,829 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,846 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,180 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question evilacid 514 5 03/13/03 05:25 PM
by evilacid
* quick question SuppaFly 1,043 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* a quick questions switchstants 412 1 03/14/03 10:39 AM
by ExtravagantDream

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,158,379 topic views. 6 members, 50 guests and 107 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.076 seconds spending 0.054 seconds on 18 queries.