Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1543 | 1544 | 1545 | 1546 | 1547 | 1548 | 1549 | 1550 | 1551 | 1552 | 1553 | 1554 | 1555 | 1556 | 1557 | 1558 | 1559 | 1560 | 1561 | 1562 | 1563 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: SuperNoz] * 1
    #29464016 -

Personally I would make at least one transfer before going to grain. I think it’s easier to spot contamination on a transfer plate.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ambigu]
    #29464056 -

ambigu said:
Personally I would make at least one transfer before going to grain. I think it’s easier to spot contamination on a transfer plate.



OK cool, I'll do that then. Thanks.

Any tips on which bit of myc to pick?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: SuperNoz] * 3
    #29464184 -

I usually just transfer the outer growth of the largest ones if you do multiple you can use the fastest one to speed things up.

I think I have bacteria mixed with my ATL7 I moved the transfer slightly when placing it on the agar so it developed bacteria on everything it touched. Any chance that little bit of mycelium will overgrowth the bacteria eventually? I got others with the same problem but they didn't move so the mycelium just looks wet.


--------------------
I am the master of my fate,
      I am the captain of my soul.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato]
    #29464225 -



Took 2 weeks for myc to grow this large after a transfer from my first agar plate. Is that normal or does this seem like a pretty slow-growing culture?

Also, all the small dots of growth around the edges of the plate, is there something specific with my technique that could be causing that? I try to be careful with slow movements in my SAB, but I have noticed a lot of condesation on lids that I wonder if these drips are causing extra growth?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: CaptainTrips420]
    #29464241 -

That's baccy alright. Dunno if you can save it, but I'd try to use some pliers to grab some of the myc from the highest point above the agar.
Take that to a cabin or two and hopefully it'll have left the bacteria behind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MushMush9]
    #29464254 -

What size are those plates? If they're large (>80mm), I wouldn't say it's slow, just average growth. At least compared to my own plates.

Condensation appears from the temperature difference between your agar/myc and your lid. While it can help spread bacteria around, the plate has to be contaminated already for it to matter.

If it bothers you, turn the plate upside down and swirl it around to catch all the condensation in a single drop of water. Then inside your sab/ffu toss that water out by turning the plate on its side and very briefly opening it.

Also don't forget to bottom illuminate to check for hidden contam.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Peleus] * 4
    #29465060 -

Most rhizo plate I've had till now



Poured toward when I was running out of agar, the middle has barely any left and is visibly (though perhaps not in the pic) thinner than the margins. Still need to do a transfer before sending it, but love this ropey look.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Peleus] * 1
    #29465268 -

Yeah, they're 90 mm plates. That's reassuring that the growth is normal.

That makes sense that it'd have to be contaminated already, but it does bug me. Will try the swirling tip!

Wasn't aware of the bottom illuminating tip yet either. Thanks so much!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato] * 5
    #29467976 -


First time working working with spores. PE6 genetics and I used an inoculation loop. I think they have germinated!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: shroomerhumor] * 2
    #29468069 -

Sure looks like it!  Hopefully you'll get some good clean growth from which you can take a nice T1. 😎


--------------------
-Noku
Eskawata kaya waikiki
HHG
"Shake it like you would a newborn baby" - BeefExtreme

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Nokumana] * 1
    #29468127 -

Hopefully!  I'm excited!
:wobble:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: shroomerhumor] * 4
    #29468327 -

Working on some plates. Third transfer. Agar porn



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ClearLakeBoy]
    #29468378 -

Looking very good. Love the black agar. How'd you do it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: shroomerhumor]
    #29468390 -

shroomerhumor said:
Looking very good. Love the black agar. How'd you do it?



I buy it on Amazon. Easy to use


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ClearLakeBoy]
    #29468471 -

I stopped using vendor agar because I have mild OCD and even bubbles bother me. I poured this its the best one I made yet but anything that seems like has bubbles or off looking undisolved stuff bothers me for whatever reason. Its not even contamination I tell myself then I just think I should do better and pour more. I got a lot that's not great I just keep to see if will contaminate.

I should use them in a week or so I know they aren't contamination by now they been poured over a week ago.


--------------------
I am the master of my fate,
      I am the captain of my soul.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: CaptainTrips420] * 1
    #29468505 -

Just add a smidge of active charcoal to your agar pour.

I use 2g per 500ml.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: CaptainTrips420]
    #29468529 -

CaptainTrips420 said:
I stopped using vendor agar because I have mild OCD and even bubbles bother me. I poured this its the best one I made yet but anything that seems like has bubbles or off looking undisolved stuff bothers me for whatever reason. Its not even contamination I tell myself then I just think I should do better and pour more. I got a lot that's not great I just keep to see if will contaminate.

I should use them in a week or so I know they aren't contamination by now they been poured over a week ago.



You would hate watching me do agar then πŸ˜†


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: cronicr] * 3
    #29468683 -



Those are P. Subtropicalis - T2s transfers from few months old plate. Are those good to go? Last year I had amazing grow with those, and then few failed attempts and I need to grow some more because I gave away all the prints I had :crazy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: oktopus] * 5
    #29469806 -

Really excited for this one! It took MONTHS to get germination. What gave me success was a couple months at 80 degrees on .5% LME, after many failed attempts on different medias at room temperature.I even once isolated a very promising mold. Upon microscopy, I observed zero clamps on the T1 plate and even whole moseri spores that literally rode the mycelium as it grew out!


Edited by PhenoDreamers (01/31/26 06:49 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: PhenoDreamers]
    #29469829 -

What's the story behind those spores, Pheno?
Also, is that pure LME, no agar?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1543 | 1544 | 1545 | 1546 | 1547 | 1548 | 1549 | 1550 | 1551 | 1552 | 1553 | 1554 | 1555 | 1556 | 1557 | 1558 | 1559 | 1560 | 1561 | 1562 | 1563 | | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,832 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,698 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,321 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,934 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,691 3 10/29/05 07:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,296 75 02/12/21 05:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
775,299 topic views. 12 members, 107 guests and 196 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.055 seconds spending 0.03 seconds on 18 queries.