Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1542 | 1543 | 1544 | 1545 | 1546 | 1547 | 1548 | 1549 | 1550 | 1551 | 1552 | 1553 | 1554 | 1555 | 1556 | 1557 | 1558 | 1559 | 1560 | 1561 | 1562 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: capsap]
    #29460710 -

Cool unfortunately I dont have a MG scale its accurate to 100mg I added a sprinkle when it hit 5.9 but it went to 6.2 I took some off and it said 6.0 I added 5.9 grams nutrient its 300ml of water. I think I can do 25 actually I had over 3 plates worth in the bottom of my mason jar I just didn't use because it was a test run to see if it gets contamination.


--------------------
I am the master of my fate,
      I am the captain of my soul.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: CaptainTrips420]
    #29460829 -

Dang it clumped up on me from taking to long. I got 8 good plates had to throw away 5 because they were clumpy and 1 because I overfilled it till it was spilling out.

This was a major failure I should definitely do 5 plates at a time only.


--------------------
I am the master of my fate,
      I am the captain of my soul.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: CaptainTrips420]
    #29460846 -

What is your process step by step. There has to be something going on if you only got through 8 and think your next attempt should be 5.

My first go I got 50 with 1000ml and only lost two plates.

Feel like you’re over thinking or adding undo stress

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: CaptainTrips420]
    #29460858 -

I just waited till it was only slight warm in my hand then started pouring. It got really clumped up from cooling down more than half was never poured. I just put an entire spore print of ATL7 on a plate. that's so many spores I scraped with a sterile scalpel. I bet it will contaminate but hopefully I can transfer a clean growth out of some of it.


--------------------
I am the master of my fate,
      I am the captain of my soul.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: CaptainTrips420]
    #29460875 -

What kind of plates you using


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: cronicr]
    #29460882 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: cronicr]
    #29460893 -

cronicr said:
What kind of plates you using



Honestly im not sure what's in it I just got premade LC nutrient blend was told 2% in water makes mycelium grow really strongly.

I am not certain about agar recipes but I was going to just hope I get clean enough growth in some spot as soon as I can I will transfer the cleanest looking growth. It definitely should germinate spores I been looking into hydrogen peroxide agar for cleaning mycelium.


--------------------
I am the master of my fate,
      I am the captain of my soul.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: CaptainTrips420]
    #29460925 -

I meant like disposable plates or reusable?
I use the reusable , pour much warmer and simply swap lids after it's like the perfect cheat code 😂 just pour hotter just cool enough to not burn your hands lol


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: cronicr] * 1
    #29460933 -

Based on advice I received here, I use my sous vide to cool to, and keep my bottles of agar at 125°f and then I'm never in a rush to pour. I make  2 250cc bottles of 2%. LME Agar and it has worked well for me through a few pours so far.


--------------------
-Noku
Eskawata kaya waikiki
HHG
"Shake it like you would a newborn baby" - BeefExtreme

Edited by Nokumana (01/21/26 05:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: cronicr]
    #29460937 -

cronicr said:
I meant like disposable plates or reusable?
I use the reusable , pour much warmer and simply swap lids after it's like the perfect cheat code 😂 just pour hotter just cool enough to not burn your hands lol



Cronicr, Am I understanding you correctly? You poor hot and then swap out the lids socked in with condensation for dry lids once the plate cools down?

I'd be afraid to do that in my SAB only because if I suck contamination I would suspect that that's when it happened. But with an FFU that's a brilliant idea. Probably with an SAB also but I'm not sure I trust my box technique enough yet.


--------------------
-Noku
Eskawata kaya waikiki
HHG
"Shake it like you would a newborn baby" - BeefExtreme

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: cronicr]
    #29460945 -

cronicr said:
I meant like disposable plates or reusable?
I use the reusable , pour much warmer and simply swap lids after it's like the perfect cheat code 😂 just pour hotter just cool enough to not burn your hands lol



Oh they disposable I got them pretty cheap $55 for 400. I might try non disposable ones someday thanks.


--------------------
I am the master of my fate,
      I am the captain of my soul.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: CaptainTrips420] * 2
    #29461085 -



A microwaved, rice filled, heating pack mitigates condensation on the top plates. 2 minutes in the microwave is perfect for this one. If it’s too hot you can definitely warp lids slightly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ModularMind]
    #29461215 -

And what about condensation in a CS? Maybe it's good for the bacteria, keeping them entertained with their last swim? XD

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: CaptainTrips420]
    #29461223 -

CaptainTrips420 said:
cronicr said:
I meant like disposable plates or reusable?
I use the reusable , pour much warmer and simply swap lids after it's like the perfect cheat code 😂 just pour hotter just cool enough to not burn your hands lol



Oh they disposable I got them pretty cheap $55 for 400. I might try non disposable ones someday thanks.



I mean....you could still swap lids if condensation bothers you lol ,they're sterile.  You'll get a few pours under your belt and find that sweet spot , I start checking 90 minutes after pressure drops


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: fungito] * 1
    #29461535 -

fungito said:
And what about condensation in a CS? Maybe it's good for the bacteria, keeping them entertained with their last swim? XD



Alright. What is CS?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ModularMind] * 2
    #29461589 -

ModularMind said:
Alright. What is CS?



Cabin Sequestering.


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Kloakk]
    #29461615 -

Ah. Obviously. Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ModularMind]
    #29461625 -

ModularMind said:
Ah. Obviously. Thanks.



:highfive:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Kloakk] * 5
    #29463133 -

So last week's plate pour went well. I was even able to streak a few of the plates with some PE6 and GT spores that have been patiently waiting in my closet for about 3 years humbly looking at me like, "Biiiitch! Are you gonna use us or what?!" :shrug: :mad:

I'm on the road during the week, but I get to be home every weekend. :dancer:


HOWEVER, this ice storm in the lower US prevented me from making it home to check on things so no picture updates as of yet but I at least wanted to check in and let y'all know I'm still here.....I promise I'm gonna see this through. :sad: :facepalm3:

.....until then, I wait. (le Sigh)


:waitingpatiently:


--------------------
Helpful Threads

The Shroomery Store

Tormato's Q&A Thread Post Questions Here or PM me!

"Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been." ~ Grateful Dead

Before you start...Do you have a Pressure Cooker and a Dehydrator? I highly recommend getting both!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato]
    #29463970 -

Reckon these are ready to A2G transfer?
They're off a spore syringe.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1542 | 1543 | 1544 | 1545 | 1546 | 1547 | 1548 | 1549 | 1550 | 1551 | 1552 | 1553 | 1554 | 1555 | 1556 | 1557 | 1558 | 1559 | 1560 | 1561 | 1562 | | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is this contamination or just wet agar? ligma 71 8 10/04/26 01:29 PM
by Agar Wedge
* Agar in the fridge for 6 months, how is it? Yetidude 75 5 10/05/26 03:21 PM
by Yetidude
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,839 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,392 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,007 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,703 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,326 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,940 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
776,325 topic views. 23 members, 109 guests and 187 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.052 seconds spending 0.029 seconds on 18 queries.