Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3549 | 3550 | 3551 | 3552 | 3553 | 3554 | 3555 | 3556 | 3557 | 3558 | 3559 | 3560 | 3561 | 3562 | 3563 | 3564 | 3565 | 3566 | 3567 | 3568 | 3569 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Kloakk] * 2
    #29440903 -

Congrats DV8!

The 28th has just started, not our fault he lives in the future.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Churpee Choozle]
    #29440991 -

Quick update folks, thanks to this forum and plenty of commenters in this Q&A thread I've finally reached pinning stage. Thanks to whoever on here that mentioned my substrate was dry looking as pins literally appeared overnight after misting more frequently. Certainly avoided a tub filled with blobs as before all i saw were blobs appearing.

Hopefully I can harvest these soon. Perhaps a week from now?


Edited by RegularBamboo (12/28/25 07:19 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: RegularBamboo]
    #29440994 -

Probably closer to 2


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: tryptkaloids] * 1
    #29440995 -

Two bins, same genetics, same process. I don't think the substrate was evenly saturated when I pulled it from bucket. Top half was dryer than second so in theory one tub has wetter substrate. Only other difference is one has "gasket" lid. No funky colors just very different results so far. Yall see any concerns?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #29441003 -

2 weeks? damn was hoping i could maybe catch a fade next week but wth waited this long lol.

Hoping for a decent harvest.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: RegularBamboo]
    #29441066 -

I’ve been out for about a year, moving, etc. Now that I’m settled in to my new place and have a larger space to grow, I’d like to reimagine my setup and not (necessarily) just do the same thing I was doing before.

I was doing monotubs (beefy tubs) before - I now have about 35 sq ft or so to have active production (versus just a closet). This is for personal use, psychedelic + gourmet, but I share with friends and I deeply enjoy this pursuit, so my budget for equipment could be a bit higher…

Should I do a Martha tent? Something else? TIA


--------------------
Let us begin living again

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: FamiliarFinding384]
    #29441071 -

I've been reading about hulled and unhulled millet and how to prepare it. Does anyone know which I have?



It's Walmart brand Finch Food.

As for preparing it, i was thinking of dumping it into boiling water, turning the stove off, straining, and PCing it wet.


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon] * 6
    #29441084 -

PuffM4gicDr4gon said:
I've been reading about hulled and unhulled millet and how to prepare it. Does anyone know which I have?



It's Walmart brand Finch Food.

As for preparing it, i was thinking of dumping it into boiling water, turning the stove off, straining, and PCing it wet.





You could try Stipe's flash prep :rockon:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Kloakk]
    #29441149 -

I usually do a 1:5 ratio for PE, but this time I miscalculated the coir and went with 1:2 (double the spawn) instead. Surprisingly the yield is way better and the mushrooms are much denser. Does this mean I've been wasting a ton of coir whole time?"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: FamiliarFinding384] * 2
    #29441153 -

FamiliarFinding384 said:
I’ve been out for about a year, moving, etc. Now that I’m settled in to my new place and have a larger space to grow, I’d like to reimagine my setup and not (necessarily) just do the same thing I was doing before.

I was doing monotubs (beefy tubs) before - I now have about 35 sq ft or so to have active production (versus just a closet). This is for personal use, psychedelic + gourmet, but I share with friends and I deeply enjoy this pursuit, so my budget for equipment could be a bit higher…

Should I do a Martha tent? Something else? TIA



Personally I would go all in on Dreamers.
They aren’t that expensive to build and in my experience are far superior to just straight up monos (I use beefs too).

To be honest however, small monos like beefs have given me bigger fruits as opposed to running shoeboxes in the dreamer, and I think a mix of both is optimal.
Dreamers are fucking great for exotics.


--------------------
For it is only Darkness that crafts one to thrive in the Light. As illumination of the soul, its brilliance unmatched.
               
                    🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕
  :sporedrop:Gymnopilus subspectibilis grow log:sporedrop:             
•89g fresh subspectibilis tea•
•Rapéh Crafters•
• Gift yourself a healthy dose of Self banning•

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Kloakk] * 1
    #29441200 -

Kloakk said:





:rofl:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: len53]
    #29441297 -

len53 said:
I usually do a 1:5 ratio for PE, but this time I miscalculated the coir and went with 1:2 (double the spawn) instead. Surprisingly the yield is way better and the mushrooms are much denser. Does this mean I've been wasting a ton of coir whole time?"



If you used 2x the spawn, did you 2x the weight?  Lower ratios are about getting the most out of your spawn.  As in, if you had made two of those 1:5 tubs, would the outcome be the same?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fahtster]
    #29441305 -

Anyone e culture BTI?


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: tryptkaloids] * 1
    #29441316 -

Yeah, pretty sure this is really stupid, but I’m going to ask anyways:

Once I get a mushroom to actually sprout, can I take a piece of the cap/make a cut and place it on/in an agar plate and clone the genetics? I really hope my question makes sense, as I’m not sure how else to ask.

Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: RisnDevil]
    #29441325 -

Thats called cloning and its very common.

Its best practice to take from the cleaner inner tissue.
It may take a few tries to get a clean one.


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: RisnDevil]
    #29441327 -

RisnDevil said:
Yeah, pretty sure this is really stupid, but I’m going to ask anyways:

Once I get a mushroom to actually sprout, can I take a piece of the cap/make a cut and place it on/in an agar plate and clone the genetics? I really hope my question makes sense, as I’m not sure how else to ask.

Thanks



Taking from the cap is dirty as hell.

You want to take the tissue from the middle inside of the stipe.

You could technically do it.  But would be a nightmare scenario.

^edit. What he said

Edited by Splittinghairs (12/28/25 05:08 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Splittinghairs] * 7
    #29441349 -

I’ll add that inner cap tissue is my favorite tissue to clone.  It’s globular and not stringy like stipe tissue and real easy to get to.  Just break off a piece of cap at the center and it’s right there


It’s a smaller target but I’ll take it over stringy stipe material any day

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fahtster]
    #29441359 -

Is the idea that material from near the base of the stripe grows more vigorously not well founded?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: SuburbanHerbin] * 2
    #29441361 -

The cap and the base are your best bets , if there is meat on the cap it's a great spot to clone from as it's structure is different Frome the Stipe , like faht said the Stipe is very stringy this is due to a Stipe being made up of mycelium running parrelel to eachother where as a cap consists of tightly woven mycelium, great spot between the gills and outerskin/ pellicle


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: cronicr]
    #29441369 -

cronicr said:
the Stipe is very stringy this is due to a Stipe being made up of mycelium running parrelel to eachother where as a cap consists of tightly woven mycelium, great spot between the gills and outerskin/ pellicle



Very cool, thank you for the explanation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3549 | 3550 | 3551 | 3552 | 3553 | 3554 | 3555 | 3556 | 3557 | 3558 | 3559 | 3560 | 3561 | 3562 | 3563 | 3564 | 3565 | 3566 | 3567 | 3568 | 3569 | | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,848 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,233 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,825 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* Another quick question, double dosage? dr4g0n 1,035 5 12/18/02 06:46 AM
by BladeLSD
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,840 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,176 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,039 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,528 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,155,069 topic views. 12 members, 109 guests and 195 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.068 seconds spending 0.045 seconds on 16 queries.