Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 372 | 373 | 374 | 375 | 376 | 377 | 378 | 379 | 380 | 381 | 382 | 383 | 384 | 385 | 386 | 387 | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | | Last >
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: ThurmanMurman] * 1
    #29088317 -

Quote:
I confess that I fan girl for stipe when he holds the line against bad practice. Dude is constantly on a "come correct" attitude and I appreciate that kind of thing. I did a few grows in 2010, and buddy...I 100% do not want to see this devolve into that sloppy bs.



Yeah +1. In my head I have this jingle that starts playing whenever someone pops some bs. Like some weird trumpet signal. Also I envision him eating a handful of cubes, like Popeye eating spinach, rolling up his sleeves and marching to the battlefield to uphold the banner of Truth.

Nah I just made that up. It's just the jingle. Tetetetetétééé, enter Stipe.

Edit: omfg Thurman. I clearly type wasay slower than you do, but we have the same loose wire in our skull

Edited by Churpee Choozle (01/14/25 11:32 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Churpee Choozle]
    #29088333 -

Churpee Choozle said:
Quote:
I confess that I fan girl for stipe when he holds the line against bad practice. Dude is constantly on a "come correct" attitude and I appreciate that kind of thing. I did a few grows in 2010, and buddy...I 100% do not want to see this devolve into that sloppy bs.



Yeah +1. In my head I have this jingle that starts playing whenever someone pops some bs. Like some weird trumpet signal. Also I envision him eating a handful of cubes, like Popeye eating spinach, rolling up his sleeves and marching to the battlefield to uphold the banner of Truth.

Nah I just made that up. It's just the jingle. Tetetetetétééé, enter Stipe.

Edit: omfg Thurman. I clearly type wasay slower than you do, but we have the same loose wire in our skull



Lmao I dont remember if you were here for it, but we had a lengthy discussion about all that a couple days ago. Conclusion: it's probably not a coincidence. 🤙


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: ThurmanMurman] * 3
    #29088349 -

ThurmanMurman said:
Churpee Choozle said:
Quote:
I confess that I fan girl for stipe when he holds the line against bad practice. Dude is constantly on a "come correct" attitude and I appreciate that kind of thing. I did a few grows in 2010, and buddy...I 100% do not want to see this devolve into that sloppy bs.



Yeah +1. In my head I have this jingle that starts playing whenever someone pops some bs. Like some weird trumpet signal. Also I envision him eating a handful of cubes, like Popeye eating spinach, rolling up his sleeves and marching to the battlefield to uphold the banner of Truth.

Nah I just made that up. It's just the jingle. Tetetetetétééé, enter Stipe.

Edit: omfg Thurman. I clearly type wasay slower than you do, but we have the same loose wire in our skull



Lmao I dont remember if you were here for it, but we had a lengthy discussion about all that a couple days ago. Conclusion: it's probably not a coincidence. 🤙



I was reading through that stuff after being away for a few days (snowed in with some good friends). I have definitely always had CEV and the ability to make stuff "melt" visually. I remember being a little kid and tripping out on some paisley sheets I had on my bed. I would just lie there with head on the pillow, looking across the crazy patterns, seeing faces and cities and planets and stars... couldn't have been more than 4 or 5 at the time.

/end derail


--------------------
"For the powerful freedom-takers who rob justice from us all, that's why I keep my pistol loaded, powder, cap, and ball..."
Read more, post less!
...turns out, I'm an amateur at everything

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: KlarnEvil9] * 9
    #29088374 -

<reignite derail>
I used to call this a flash forward.

I knew that as soon as I could get my hands on LSD I would be a freak. So I figured that I was just getting my flash backs a little early. I have seen popcorn ceilings move and wall breathe as long as I can remember. Tracers too.

Does anyone else remember that Sesame Street and Zoom use to have all of these trippy visual effects? They were recruiting me before D.A.R.E. ever existed.

fwiw LSD did not disappoint when the day finally came.

</derail>


--------------------
Stoned Gummys | BRF Pucks | Primo Reusable Plates | Easy LI 4 Preserv & Propo
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: ReverendMyc] * 3
    #29088419 -

I think that’s why I take such high doses when I trip. I’m trying to see something else, and light trips just feel sort of normal to me. Relaxing, but familiar. Maybe it’s why they agree with me so much?


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: ThurmanMurman] * 1
    #29088445 -

Yes yes.
As a matter of fact I've never been diagnosed. Been tested thoroughly, for not behaving as a kid. Well and as an adult. And some other crap. Only thing they came up with is that I have this wildly disharmonic IQ profile and a lot of childhood shit.
My eldest child has classic ADHD, though. My father has it. Virtually all of my friends were diagnosed with it. (And we're the kind of friends who love to go to festivals together and really put our CNS to the test. Just imagine the fucking chaos).

I mean it's probably there. My son and I start making weird noises at exactly the same time when we hear certain music. No one gets it. But we just know that dj intended to put some high-pitched nasal noise in there. They just forgot it. And we're filling in the blank.

Ramble ramble

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: ReverendMyc] * 4
    #29088453 -

That. I had no interest in drugs at all until I read that people see things under the influence of psychedelics. It felt like coming home. LSD especially. That's exactly what I saw as a child. Mushrooms give me a different set of visual phenomena, but they awake that feeling of wonder. Every mushroom trip I recall when I first held a crab, and got lost in the total miracle of the existence of such a marvelous creature.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Smellyhobbit]
    #29088454 -

Smellyhobbit said:
I think that’s why I take such high doses when I trip. I’m trying to see something else, and light trips just feel sort of normal to me. Relaxing, but familiar. Maybe it’s why they agree with me so much?



I love heroic doses. Like 5 to 7G of PE kind of heroic. Unfortunately now I take blood pressure medication that drastically increases my tolerance so I need to take around 14G to have the equivalent of like a 4G trip. I haven't gone past that yet because I'm not sure if it will scale properly.

5G of azure was really nice. Lots of visuals and it put my mindset in the perfect place.


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon] * 1
    #29088498 -

jesus. you and hob should hang out .


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon] * 5
    #29088500 -

I confess, I ate 5g of dry Mexicana fruits and probably 100g of fresh stones one night trying to be like my big brother and MudaFuka.

Still have the taser scars and criminal record.  As well as easy access to all the folks that live in my head, which is a plus.


--------------------
And if I only could
I'd make a deal with God
And I'd get him to swap our places
I'd be running up that road
Be running up that hill
With no problems

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 1
    #29088509 -

I would but I hear that he's smelly.


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon] * 2
    #29088514 -

PuffM4gicDr4gon said:
I would but I hear that he's smelly.



Rumors


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: tree frog] * 1
    #29088516 -

tree frog said:
I confess, I ate 5g of dry Mexicana fruits and probably 100g of fresh stones one night trying to be like my big brother and MudaFuka.

Still have the taser scars and criminal record.  As well as easy access to all the folks that live in my head, which is a plus.



That's cuz you did it wrong. You got to be alone in a dark room with funny anime on a projector and maybe some tequila for the come down.

In all seriousness I'm sorry you had a rough time. Definitely wouldn't recommend just anybody do what I do. I just know I can handle it. I'm strong like bull, smart like tractor.


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon]
    #29088575 -

PuffM4gicDr4gon said:
I take blood pressure medication that drastically increases my tolerance



A friend of mine has had tolerance issues recently with psychedelics and cannabis. We think it is related to some of the meds he takes. Blood pressure is one, but we're not sure that it isn't being caused by one of the anti-inflammatories. Anyone have any experience with this? I know he misses getting high.


--------------------
"For the powerful freedom-takers who rob justice from us all, that's why I keep my pistol loaded, powder, cap, and ball..."
Read more, post less!
...turns out, I'm an amateur at everything

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: KlarnEvil9] * 1
    #29088589 -

KlarnEvil9 said:
PuffM4gicDr4gon said:
I take blood pressure medication that drastically increases my tolerance



A friend of mine has had tolerance issues recently with psychedelics and cannabis. We think it is related to some of the meds he takes. Blood pressure is one, but we're not sure that it isn't being caused by one of the anti-inflammatories. Anyone have any experience with this? I know he misses getting high.



I take Perindopril. I thought I was growing bunk mushrooms for a while until I Googled the medicine name and asked if it affects serotonin. If your friend doesn't take that one they should do a similar search for each of their medication.

Mine lowers serotonin and it also affects the way drugs are absorbed through the stomach. It's a double whammy for me which is why I need to take so much.


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon]
    #29088598 -

PuffM4gicDr4gon said:
KlarnEvil9 said:
PuffM4gicDr4gon said:
I take blood pressure medication that drastically increases my tolerance



A friend of mine has had tolerance issues recently with psychedelics and cannabis. We think it is related to some of the meds he takes. Blood pressure is one, but we're not sure that it isn't being caused by one of the anti-inflammatories. Anyone have any experience with this? I know he misses getting high.



I take Perindopril. I thought I was growing bunk mushrooms for a while until I Googled the medicine name and asked if it affects serotonin. If your friend doesn't take that one they should do a similar search for each of their medication.

Mine lowers serotonin and it also affects the way drugs are absorbed through the stomach. It's a double whammy for me which is why I need to take so much.



That's an odd side effect, and it sucks that it makes the fun drugs less effective. Thanks for the insight on this, hopefully we can solve this.


--------------------
"For the powerful freedom-takers who rob justice from us all, that's why I keep my pistol loaded, powder, cap, and ball..."
Read more, post less!
...turns out, I'm an amateur at everything

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: KlarnEvil9] * 3
    #29088621 -

In the case of shrooms, whether it's a natural baseline tolerance or cross-tolerance with medications, everyone I know has just eaten more, and that's worked out great for them. I'm still in awe of some of the lucid conversations I've had with people who just downed enough to put me in the loony bin, and they're just going "oh, wow, these are great, I've finally caught a buzz"

I believe in growing the most potent but also consistent material possible. Main reason is because it makes titration easier. But another reason is so that those with massive tolerances still have a shot.

This is also my rebuttal to the "some people just want to trip" line of defense for sketchy half-assed grow techniques: some people just want to trip, but they need a fuckton of high quality material to do so.

I confess that I myself am a massive lightweight. Tolerance on the lower end of normal. And though I do know how to handle being super high, I don't really start getting crazy with it until I'm already tripping and surrounded by peer pressure.


--------------------

Edited by B Traven (01/14/25 03:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: KlarnEvil9] * 1
    #29088642 -

I have a buddy with tolerance issues. He kept telling me my mushrooms were weak. Last year I gave him like 10 fresh donkey dicks. Easily 150 grams. My suggestion was for him to lemon tek half of them into tea and see where it took him. He decided to put all of it into a nutribullet with a half of a lemon and turned it into pulp. Then drank all of it. His wife sent me some ridiculous videos of him 45 minutes after. Walking around naked in circles speaking gibberish. He said it was very similar to a k hole but it lasted for 4 hours!


--------------------
The Hitchikers Guide to the Shroomery

Sometimes you just have to shut up and color!
~CMS Wilbur

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: OLDDAD77] * 9
    #29088647 -

lol disrespect the mushroom at your peril


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: B Traven] * 2
    #29088666 -

B Traven said:
I believe in growing the most potent but also consistent material possible. Main reason is because it makes titration easier. But another reason is so that those with massive tolerances still have a shot.



I with you on this philosophy !

I’d much rather have an elbow of some really potent shit than five of weak. Way less energy put into it too!  Plus I turn 95% of them into gummies anyway and it just works better using less organic matter.


--------------------
The Hitchikers Guide to the Shroomery

Sometimes you just have to shut up and color!
~CMS Wilbur

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 372 | 373 | 374 | 375 | 376 | 377 | 378 | 379 | 380 | 381 | 382 | 383 | 384 | 385 | 386 | 387 | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I've cultivated... zetek 900 6 12/11/24 07:54 PM
by fahtster
* Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day
( 1 2 3 4 ... 8714 8715 )
saralove 5,223,153 174,280 09/27/26 07:29 PM
by Agar Wedge
* alt.drugs.mushrooms.cultivation (good/bad idea) BikeCourier 7,151 9 10/26/21 06:04 PM
by LogicaL Chaos
* Hardcore Cultivator...
( 1 2 3 4 ... 17 18 )
OldSpice 51,927 342 04/29/08 10:29 PM
by just me
* Important - All Cultivators please read.
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
ThorA 43,964 103 05/31/05 03:35 AM
by Anno
* Maturing as a Cultivator
( 1 2 3 4 all )
automanM 11,677 63 06/15/12 08:18 PM
by kenny
* Psilocybin Azurescens Indoor Cultivation Experiment... doctor_kandee 3,231 2 02/22/05 04:37 PM
by doctor_kandee
* Post deleted by users_request
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
NuShroomPharmerII 28,090 85 06/04/01 04:53 PM
by MNmyc

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
457,583 topic views. 16 members, 101 guests and 121 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.017 seconds on 16 queries.