Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1773 | 1774 | 1775 | 1776 | 1777 | 1778 | 1779 | 1780 | 1781 | 1782 | 1783 | 1784 | 1785 | 1786 | 1787 | 1788 | 1789 | 1790 | 1791 | 1792 | 1793 | | Last >
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Purrmes] * 2
    #29080753 -

TTBVI has a tendency to overlay. So, casing later helps to mitigate that some ime.

Another reason I tend to wait, especially with slower species, is it gives me a little time to see if there's a contaminant.

But casing at spawn is an option.  If I'm breaking an all-in-one substrate up from a jar or bag into a tray, I just case it.


--------------------
And if I only could
I'd make a deal with God
And I'd get him to swap our places
I'd be running up that road
Be running up that hill
With no problems

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: tree frog]
    #29080886 -

So, I have a Pan. Bisporus tray in a JCM chamber that should be ready for casing soon, but I'm not sure what to use because, unfortunately, Jiffy Mix is not accessible in my country. What I have available on hand is a cactus substrate, but it contains things like perlite and pumice:
https://kikmix.eu/en/hobby/cactus-substrate/

Alternatively, I have a small bag of sphagnum moss—maybe I can mix it with vermiculite, pasteurize it, and call it a day?


What do you think will work best? or are there any alternatives that might be accessible in Europe?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: oktopus]
    #29080892 -

I dried fresh peat moss and blended it and substituted it for peat moss in casing recipes found on here (the peat moss normally referred to is dark and fossilized).
It works. Now I used cactus soil with no peat. No perlite either. Works just as good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: HoodedBingling] * 22
    #29081951 -

Grow from wild print



Tapered like chunky little baseball bats

Bispo decided to throw up a couple measly 1 inch fruits after 1 month since spawn :/

Got some outdoor beds starting to pin though 🤞

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: 3.A.M] * 1
    #29081994 -

Nice shrooms! What is the place of origin for these shrooms?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: 3.A.M] * 6
    #29081998 -

3.A.M said:
[/url]
Tapered like chunky little baseball bats





Lol yeah I thought they look like you rolled 4 joints and stuck a pan cap on each.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Baba Yaga] * 2
    #29082023 -

Bra said:
Nice shrooms! What is the place of origin for these shrooms?



Hey mate! These came from close to where I found the cubes I labeled Vulcan, calling them BOB  (:
Baba Yaga said:
3.A.M said:
[/url]
Tapered like chunky little baseball bats





Lol yeah I thought they look like you rolled 4 joints and stuck a pan cap on each.



😂 now I’m tempted to smoke one.
Good to see you round Baba, whiskey got you playing the waiting game?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: 3.A.M] * 9
    #29082039 -

:wave: Hehe, just imagine that would work, I would puff on fat as PE all day....

The whiskey project is still going. I have to put another couple of 60 liter brews through the still to get to 100 liter of low wines for a second distillation, this will take me another month and then I can turn this into probably 15 liter of cask strength whiskey. Thank god the mushrooms taught me patience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: 3.A.M]
    #29082301 -

3.A.M said:
Grow from wild print



Tapered like chunky little baseball bats

Bispo decided to throw up a couple measly 1 inch fruits after 1 month since spawn :/

Got some outdoor beds starting to pin though 🤞



3 AM is that blue/green bruising... I've got 2 pan jars that have been colonized a couple weeks starting to lightly bruise. Just want to make sure i'm correct. It looks super healthy with a really nice top layer.

Plan to use em tonight

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Xclozure]
    #29082322 -

my bruising is just blue by the way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Xclozure]
    #29082495 -

Yeah, I was experimenting with a different mix and method of pasteurisation and all my tubs got rubbery bruised overlay, going back to tried and true for my next lot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: 3.A.M] * 1
    #29082523 -

Good to know. I'll let yall know how my bruised spawn jars go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Xclozure] * 1
    #29082571 -

last time I grew these (mib red spore) from the same culture (not well but got fruit lol) they ate the casing, and I was advised to recase, which I did, and got fruit. Here's a cased shoebox now - should I case again? And how common is that you need to case twice or what could I do differently?



--------------------
Learn it, know it, live it


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Mackload]
    #29082619 -

So I read that when you spawn to bulk you want to do a 1:4 ratio of grain to sub for Pans does that ring true? I was going to do about 1.5 inch depth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Xclozure] * 2
    #29082972 -

1:4 or even less.  I'm running everything at 1:6 atm.

I imagine species, strain, and substrate all play a role in what's optimal too.


--------------------
And if I only could
I'd make a deal with God
And I'd get him to swap our places
I'd be running up that road
Be running up that hill
With no problems

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: tree frog] * 13
    #29083150 -

Mib trays are cruisin along.  Gettin excited

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: fahtster] * 1
    #29083159 -

It does indeed look like something to get excited about :popcorn:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Baba Yaga] * 4
    #29083225 -


Anyone else got these kinds of yellow caps on bisps? Funny how they grow on that side. I didnt mix the all in one bags together so in that area mustve been the healthy one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: HoodedBingling]
    #29083345 -

I have some mycelium that I hope is pan, but could also just be mold. I'd like a 2nd opinion.

The source is from a bacterial BVI LC.

The top looked ugly AF, and I was about to throw it away as mold, but then I held it up to the light and saw different growth. What do you guys think? Is this worth taking a transfer from the leading edge?

The agar is only 1% LME. I've made up some .5 if the community thinks it's worth making some transfers.






--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon] * 9
    #29083358 -

pins :grin:



--------------------
Learn it, know it, live it


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1773 | 1774 | 1775 | 1776 | 1777 | 1778 | 1779 | 1780 | 1781 | 1782 | 1783 | 1784 | 1785 | 1786 | 1787 | 1788 | 1789 | 1790 | 1791 | 1792 | 1793 | | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The OFFICIAL RealityGlitch appreciation thread
( 1 2 all )
BeefExtreme 258 22 10/05/26 03:30 PM
by RealityGlitch
* Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 88 89 )
Hindsight 81,795 1,769 10/05/26 12:13 PM
by langten69
* Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 553 554 )
nosf3r4tu 355,095 11,069 10/05/26 07:15 PM
by Asura
* Pan cyan first grow log (TTBVI)
( 1 2 3 all )
PhenoDreamers 15,687 46 12/15/23 08:47 AM
by PhenoDreamers
* Rye-Z-Morph Bag for Panaeolus (Copelandia) Cyanescens? rob_531 4,758 12 01/10/05 12:33 PM
by agar
* Copelandia "Pan" Cyanescens sancho 5,495 6 09/07/07 10:00 AM
by suave
* Re: look at these copelandia cyanescens they are beautiful Anonymous 5,653 2 12/25/99 07:16 AM
by sean123
* which tek for copelandia cyanescens (spore print)? FfF 8,044 10 08/26/04 05:44 AM
by hawksapprentice

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,308,139 topic views. 21 members, 93 guests and 201 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.051 seconds spending 0.032 seconds on 18 queries.