Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1772 | 1773 | 1774 | 1775 | 1776 | 1777 | 1778 | 1779 | 1780 | 1781 | 1782 | 1783 | 1784 | 1785 | 1786 | 1787 | 1788 | 1789 | 1790 | 1791 | 1792 | | Last >
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Xclozure] * 1
    #29079010 -

MojaveMyc has a post just two or three pages back speaking about using organic fertilizer. Interesting stuff. I have no experience with this, only with manure.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Xclozure]
    #29079015 -

Responded in your thread.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Henry Swanson]
    #29079171 -

Ty Henry I PM'd you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Xclozure]
    #29079499 -

On a similar note does anyone have any experience subbing worm castings for manure? About to run an experiment in a shoebox, but some guidelines would be helpful. Hoping it’ll work since I can get those for free.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Purrmes] * 6
    #29079687 -

Made a few mib trays.  50/50 pasteurized hpoo/straw @ 1:4.  I’ll be using a jcm chamber.  Hope it works out.  I’ll be colonizing using the dome that the trays came with.. adding a thin peat/verm casing layer a day after full colonization and then putting the trays in the chamber a day after that.  How does that sound?



Got a question about how much to leave for fae during colonizing.. this is where I put the dial on the top of the domes… more open?  Less?



Tyia

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: fahtster]
    #29079690 -

Sounds Groovy :popcorn:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: fahtster] * 1
    #29079723 -

I ran some pans in seed trays like that in early fall.  I think starting with the holes where you have them half open, is probably good for pin setting.

I'm sure you'll figure out if it needs more as they mature.


--------------------
And if I only could
I'd make a deal with God
And I'd get him to swap our places
I'd be running up that road
Be running up that hill
With no problems

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: tree frog] * 2
    #29079808 -


These guys look like theyre going through it haha. I dont expect more than 1g from the first flush.
Ill combine that with my 1 mature semp fruit, a sprinkle of ttbvi and some PE. Magic cocktail 🤘 to date few of my fav trips have come from 1 chocolate with ttbvi, PE, and nat.
Combos rock fr I recommend it to anyone

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Purrmes] * 7
    #29080001 -

revolver_aardvark said:
On a similar note does anyone have any experience subbing worm castings for manure? About to run an experiment in a shoebox, but some guidelines would be helpful. Hoping it’ll work since I can get those for free.



20% worm castings to coir. Hydrate as if it were just coir, no pasteurizing. Bring up the extra water slowly as not to oversaturate the castings. Shoebox works fine. Hit it with a light mist twice a day.
Ttbvi:



Mib in my sig was grown the same way.

Both cased with unpasteurized, screened cactus soil.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: thirdeyewild] * 1
    #29080013 -

Thanks for posting this!

Huge bags of poo are difficult in an apartment setting.


--------------------
MUSHROOMS RULE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: thirdeyewild]
    #29080023 -

do you just prefer cactus soil casing because of ease of use? is there any alternatives, could I just use verm and coir? and what cactus soil do you use?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Xclozure] * 1
    #29080074 -

Xclozure said:
do you just prefer cactus soil casing because of ease of use? is there any alternatives, could I just use verm and coir? and what cactus soil do you use?



I use cactus soil because it's convenient. I haven't tried other casings with pans, so
I can't advise you on that.
Here is what I use


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: thirdeyewild] * 1
    #29080076 -

Tyvm will give it a shot ! gonna try a couple diff ways to get these pans to finish. It seems like they've gotten slightly easier to grow since i've been gone since 2018 lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Xclozure] * 1
    #29080132 -

Still waiting... 17 days since casing. I went from wondering if I had enough FAE and reconfiguring my tent, to now wondering if it's too dry so I moved the tubs down a rack to be just above the mister



Anyone see anything wrong?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: thirdeyewild]
    #29080164 -

I use cactus soil because it's convenient. I haven't tried other casings with pans, so
I can't advise you on that.
Here is what I use




I've never had to screen my soil what's the easiest method to screen a small bag of cactus soil

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Xclozure] * 1
    #29080172 -

You're just trying to get the larger chunks of wood out. I use a strainer and shake it through.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: thirdeyewild] * 1
    #29080212 -

Thanks alot thirdeye! Will keep everyone updated :P

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: sleepydave]
    #29080305 -

Yo I would love a pan print my house burned down last May I see where u say u would give out a print I promise to work with it 

Edited by joelbrayboy (01/07/25 04:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: joelbrayboy] * 3
    #29080384 -

joelbrayboy said:
Yo I would love a pan print my house burned down last May I see where u say u would give out a print I promise to work with it 




Sorry to hear about your house. Sleepydave is busy with life rn, might be awhile before he gets back to ya. Most of my pans came from him anyway, so I’ll pass some spores on to ya. Shoot me a privnote.


--------------------
CV+

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: thirdeyewild]
    #29080392 -

Thank you, that has me feeling a lot more confident in this worm poo/cow poo experiment. Since it sounds like I’ll be testing for yield instead of viability, I think I’m going to go ahead and run a second experiment on top of that. I’ve been wondering what the rationale is for casing after colonization instead of at spawn. Not a lot of good info out there, so I figure I might as well find out for myself.

Running four unmodified 12qt tubs this round. Similar to the 44qts I’ve already had success with, just smaller. Half with worm castings, half with manure. One of each set cased at spawn with the other waiting to be cased at full surface colonization. Curious to see what differences crop up. Hopefully I’ll get the data I want out of it instead of learning about exciting new forms of contamination.

BTW Is there anything to look out for with smaller tubs, or do they pretty much just run like the big ones? I’m assuming I might have to keep a closer eye on the humidity in there on account of the smaller air gap. Could have that backwards though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1772 | 1773 | 1774 | 1775 | 1776 | 1777 | 1778 | 1779 | 1780 | 1781 | 1782 | 1783 | 1784 | 1785 | 1786 | 1787 | 1788 | 1789 | 1790 | 1791 | 1792 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The OFFICIAL RealityGlitch appreciation thread
( 1 2 all )
BeefExtreme 315 22 10/05/26 03:30 PM
by RealityGlitch
* Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 88 89 )
Hindsight 82,018 1,775 10/07/26 04:28 AM
by Noah Keeper
* Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 554 555 )
nosf3r4tu 355,503 11,086 10/07/26 11:27 AM
by Marxcelium
* Hemp seed tek? YouInfoIt 1,769 6 10/23/19 05:21 AM
by pablokabute
* Pan cyan first grow log (TTBVI)
( 1 2 3 all )
PhenoDreamers 15,687 46 12/15/23 08:47 AM
by PhenoDreamers
* Rye-Z-Morph Bag for Panaeolus (Copelandia) Cyanescens? rob_531 4,763 12 01/10/05 12:33 PM
by agar
* hemp seed
( 1 2 all )
metalchimp 2,879 31 05/13/08 04:48 PM
by jazzillion
* hemp seed substrate walkclothed 1,503 4 09/13/05 09:18 AM
by OldSpice

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,308,839 topic views. 19 members, 70 guests and 204 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.055 seconds spending 0.03 seconds on 16 queries.